PDA

View Full Version : So laker fans...

dubeta
07-12-2014, 03:59 AM
How are those huge offseason plans coming along? :oldlol:

Oh and have fun with Kobe's contract for another 2 years

Im Still Ballin
07-12-2014, 04:01 AM
It's a sad reality for Kobe fans. Used to rule the world, now they are the shit stain of the Basketball society.

ThePhantomCreep
07-12-2014, 04:03 AM

I'd rag on your favorite team, but LeBron's testicles don't qualify as one.

Im Still Ballin
07-12-2014, 04:07 AM
I'd rag on your favorite team, but LeBron's testicles don't qualify as one.
Dull, boring, predictable. You ****ing suck. Nerd.

dubeta
07-12-2014, 04:07 AM
It's a sad reality for Kobe fans. Used to rule the world, now they are the shit stain of the Basketball society.
:lol

Mgamer20o0
07-12-2014, 04:08 AM

cant win them all.

oh the horror
07-12-2014, 04:08 AM
cant win them all.

Sure you can. Just keep bouncing from team to team.

outbreak
07-12-2014, 04:10 AM
Lakers are making the right moves I think. It may disappoint Kobe fans but with the current state of the NBA they haven't been able to lure a competitive team to put around Kobe but at least they are picking up guys on short term deals which will allow them flexibility in the next couple of seasons. I do wonder how Kobe feels about that though and if maybe he knew this was the lakers plans and played a part in him thinking he should take the pay out rather than sign cheaply if he knew they were planning on preparing for a bit of a rebuild. At least they aren't signing big long term deals to anyone who is a pseudo star which will hurt them long term

ThePhantomCreep
07-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Dull, boring, predictable. You ****ing suck. Nerd.

bipolar virgin f@ggot.

dubeta
07-12-2014, 04:14 AM
bipolar virgin f@ggot.
Wow didn't know u were, my condolences it must be a hard life. On second thought I should've known considering you're a kobe stan

ThePhantomCreep
07-12-2014, 04:15 AM
Lakers are making the right moves I think. It may disappoint Kobe fans but with the current state of the NBA they haven't been able to lure a competitive team to put around Kobe but at least they are picking up guys on short term deals which will allow them flexibility in the next couple of seasons. I do wonder how Kobe feels about that though and if maybe he knew this was the lakers plans and played a part in him thinking he should take the pay out rather than sign cheaply if he knew they were planning on preparing for a bit of a rebuild. At least they aren't signing big long term deals to anyone who is a pseudo star which will hurt them long term

Sounds good to me. I won't lose any sleep over losing the Melo sweepstakes, frankly. Dude is overrated and pushing 30 already.

If the Lakers strike out in 2015, I might cry like a Brazilian fan lol.

ThePhantomCreep
07-12-2014, 04:17 AM
Wow didn't know u were, my condolences it must be a hard life. On second thought I should've known considering you're a kobe stan

How chivalrous.

GimmeThat
07-12-2014, 04:26 AM
I had a pretty good offseason since Kupchak was resigned.

nothing you can do with the Buss family being in charge as well as the passing of Dr. Buss.

talkingconch
07-12-2014, 04:30 AM
will bump this thread in the future

TheMarkMadsen
07-12-2014, 04:39 AM
They are setting themselves up to sign K Love next season & KD after that..but okay.

Off season isn't over anyways

Lin/Marshall/Clarckson
Healthy Kobe/young
??/??
Randle/??
Hill/??/sacre

We still need to fill out the roster, if we can get Ariza or Deng (unlikely but you never know) we will have a solid line up.

Hopefully we can sign some guys on the cheap and have a deep/talented team.

ImKobe
07-12-2014, 04:44 AM
I had a pretty good offseason since Kupchak was resigned.

nothing you can do with the Buss family being in charge as well as the passing of Dr. Buss.

Mitch is still the GM & the current deals IMO aren't that bad. We got Houston's 1st round pick + Jeremy Lin for nothing, Rockets struck out on Bosh so if they don't improve much, the pick could be mid-1st.

re-signed Hill & Young, though Hill I feel like got way too much, if he plays 25-30 mpg and manages to stay healthy, it's worth the money with his production.

Boozer is not that great, but he's a 14 & 8 guy and has a lot of experience under great coaches like Sloan & Thibs, not as bad as some people make it out to be.

Then you add in Marshall, Randle & other smaller signings and we still have a full MLE to spend on a solid, contributing player.

We didn't get Lebron, Melo or Bosh, this is plan B. Right now the roster is looking about as good as the 2012 Lakers, but the coaching position is a big concern, I don't trust Byron Scott.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-12-2014, 04:46 AM
They are setting themselves up to sign K Love next season & KD after that..but okay.

Lin/Marshall/Clarckson
Healthy Kobe/young
??/??
Randle/??
Hill/??/sacre

We still need to fill out the roster, if we can get Ariza or Deng (unlikely but you never know) we will have a solid line up.

Even if they get Deng thats not a playoff team in the West

ImKobe
07-12-2014, 04:52 AM
Even if they get Deng thats not a playoff team in the West

It all depends on how good Kobe & Randle will be. Kobe missed a season and should have all the time in the world to get to 100% (at least 2010-11 form, when he also played on a bad knee, but was able to finish the season).

Randle is a promising prospect, who could change a lot for us if he comes into the league ballin'.

The 2012 Lakers were a 3 seed, and they had 0 bench, Mike Brown, D-Fish starting for the 1st half of the season, Steve Bagel and a 43% chucking Kobe with a relatively healthy front court. If Randle & Hill can produce & Kobe can play 70+ games, I don't see why we wouldn't make the Playoffs.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-12-2014, 04:55 AM
It all depends on how good Kobe & Randle will be. Kobe missed a season and should have all the time in the world to get to 100% (at least 2010-11 form, when he also played on a bad knee, but was able to finish the season).

Randle is a promising prospect, who could change a lot for us if he comes into the league ballin'.

The 2012 Lakers were a 3 seed, and they had 0 bench, Mike Brown, D-Fish starting for the 1st half of the season, Steve Bagel and a 43% chucking Kobe with a relatively healthy front court. If Randle & Hill can produce & Kobe can play 70+ games, I don't see why we wouldn't make the Playoffs.
12 Lakers had healthy Bynum and Pau doe
and the 2015 West>>>>>>>>>>2012

im not sold on Randle TBH LA will be too bad on defense IMO

ImKobe
07-12-2014, 05:03 AM

I think they will be a lot better(on D) than they were the last 2 years with Pau & MDA gone. Hopefully we get back to playing a slower pace like we did with Mike Brown, because it actually helped out our defense and our bigs would have more impact on the game, Kobe would have more energy to play defense.

As bad as MB's coaching was, the pace of the game + the amount of ISOs with Kobe kept games close, that's all I'm hoping for right now. I don't see us winning shit this season but I at least hope for an entertaining team, getting to watch Kobe take a lot of shots in the 4th with the game on the line is the best entertainment there is.

GimmeThat
07-12-2014, 05:08 AM
Mitch is still the GM & the current deals IMO aren't that bad. We got Houston's 1st round pick + Jeremy Lin for nothing, Rockets struck out on Bosh so if they don't improve much, the pick could be mid-1st.

re-signed Hill & Young, though Hill I feel like got way too much, if he plays 25-30 mpg and manages to stay healthy, it's worth the money with his production.

Boozer is not that great, but he's a 14 & 8 guy and has a lot of experience under great coaches like Sloan & Thibs, not as bad as some people make it out to be.

Then you add in Marshall, Randle & other smaller signings and we still have a full MLE to spend on a solid, contributing player.

We didn't get Lebron, Melo or Bosh, this is plan B. Right now the roster is looking about as good as the 2012 Lakers, but the coaching position is a big concern, I don't trust Byron Scott.

2012 Lakers?

it's not even close to it. If you try and get this team to play defense, they won't even reach half of their potential offensively.

A lot of these players are one way players, and if they aren't the best offensive team - which they won't come close to be - it's a lottery team.

the 2012 Lakers team was far from being a lottery team.

outbreak
07-12-2014, 05:09 AM

randle might be good in afew years but I don't see his game having an immediate impact, he should come off the bench for Boozer.

GimmeThat
07-12-2014, 05:10 AM
I think they will be a lot better(on D) than they were the last 2 years with Pau & MDA gone. Hopefully we get back to playing a slower pace like we did with Mike Brown, because it actually helped out our defense and our bigs would have more impact on the game, Kobe would have more energy to play defense.

As bad as MB's coaching was, the pace of the game + the amount of ISOs with Kobe kept games close, that's all I'm hoping for right now. I don't see us winning shit this season but I at least hope for an entertaining team, getting to watch Kobe take a lot of shots in the 4th with the game on the line is the best entertainment there is.

how are we going to play better defense when we have no true Center on this team or even a 7footer with length?

it leaves the peremiter players with no chance of playing solid defense on stopping the jump shots because any good dribble penetration could destroy this defense with no big man down there altering shots.

KobesFinger
07-12-2014, 05:14 AM
Boozer? Are we picking him up or can the Bulls still S&T him after amnestying him?

Lin/Marshall
Young
Kobe
Boozer/Randle
Hill/Sacre

Do we have cap space to sign Ariza or Deng?

GimmeThat
07-12-2014, 05:15 AM

I don't think Randle will be a tweener. And I don't think his help defense will be anything special. But I think his man defense as well as the ability to box out will help.

He can be Kevin McHale.

ImKobe
07-12-2014, 05:15 AM
2012 Lakers?

it's not even close to it. If you try and get this team to play defense, they won't even reach half of their potential offensively.

A lot of these players are one way players, and if they aren't the best offensive team - which they won't come close to be - it's a lottery team.

the 2012 Lakers team was far from being a lottery team.

Not really. We had one of the worst benches in the league, Mike ****ing Brown, Kobe kept having injuries and shot 43% for the year, Derek Fisher started for the first half of the season :lol, our whole system was give it to Kobe and let him chuck away and have Bynum & Pau get the sloppy seconds.

Randle might be a one-way player (we haven't seen him in the NBA so we can't make that assertion just yet), but he has the tools to give us what Bynum did on the offensive end. Hill can play both ends very well when healthy, a great hustle big, who has an array of moves on the offensive end, crashes the boards with the best of them and alters a lot of shots.

Nick Young was an inefficient chucker on a horrible team, but if he's your 5th/6th option, he could be a productive player on both ends in a smaller role, where he doesn't spend most of his energy on chucking.
We need to re-sign Wes ASAP, he'll give us the needed energy on the defensive end and his shot improved a lot last year.

GimmeThat
07-12-2014, 05:17 AM
randle might be good in afew years but I don't see his game having an immediate impact, he should come off the bench for Boozer.

true. since the Magic signed Frye after they drafted Gordon.
we should do the same. because Frye is going to start over Gordon.

ImKobe
07-12-2014, 05:17 AM
Boozer? Are we picking him up or can the Bulls still S&T him after amnestying him?

Lin/Marshall
Young
Kobe
Boozer/Randle
Hill/Sacre

Do we have cap space to sign Ariza or Deng?

Ariza maybe, Deng if he's willing to take a lot less. That Hill contract was just a big :hammerhead: :hammerhead: and Kobe's 24 mil obv kills us as well. Boozer makes about 17 mil next season as well :rant :rant :rant

LakersFan626
07-12-2014, 05:18 AM

Boozer's worse on defense than Pau...

Kobe, Young, Lin, Hill, Boozer, and Randle is pretty decent to me. Lin's better than the majority of the team last season, Young's a great scorer, Boozer can still put up decent numbers, Hill's a great hustle player, Randle's a good young talent to develop and Kobe's Kobe. This isn't championship level but neither was this team with Melo on it and this team looks better than last season's (Xavier Henry, Kent Bazemore, Kendall Marshall, and Wesley Johnson put up good numbers most of the season!).

KobesFinger
07-12-2014, 05:20 AM
Ariza maybe, Deng if he's willing to take a lot less. That Hill contract was just a big :hammerhead: :hammerhead: and Kobe's 24 mil obv kills us as well. Boozer makes about 17 mil next season as well :rant :rant :rant

I thought the way amnestied salaries work is that the new team pays whatever they offer in the contract and the old team pays the difference but it doesn't affect their salary cap? Like when Orlando amnestied Arenas and Memphis signed him?

r15mohd
07-12-2014, 05:24 AM

Lin/Marshall/Clarckson
Healthy Kobe/young
??/??
Randle/??
Hill/??/sacre

KLove is likely out of the picture by this summer...he's headed out of Minny on a S&T for sure

ImKobe
07-12-2014, 05:25 AM
I thought the way amnestied salaries work is that the new team pays whatever they offer in the contract and the old team pays the difference but it doesn't affect their salary cap? Like when Orlando amnestied Arenas and Memphis signed him?

Are you talking about Boozer? Aren't we S&Ting Pau and getting him in return? It makes sense since he's an expiring contract, why would Chicago waste their amnesty provision on him?

KobesFinger
07-12-2014, 05:27 AM
Are you talking about Boozer? Aren't we S&Ting Pau and getting him in return? It makes sense since he's an expiring contract, why would Chicago waste their amnesty provision on him?

I thought they already did. Must've misread something a few weeks ago saying they did :hammerhead:

ImKobe
07-12-2014, 05:31 AM
I thought they already did. Must've misread something a few weeks ago saying they did :hammerhead:

There were reports about him potentially getting the amnesty, but if he's amnestied, Bulls wouldn't be able to trade him anyways, he'd be a FA.

outbreak
07-12-2014, 05:59 AM
true. since the Magic signed Frye after they drafted Gordon.
we should do the same. because Frye is going to start over Gordon.
Randle is a lot more NBA ready than Gordon, Gordon is still a long way off contributing anything but hustle. Randle should be able to contribute a bit to begin with but I just don't see any world where he has the kind of impact some lakers fans have been hyping for.

GimmeThat
07-12-2014, 06:03 AM
Randle is a lot more NBA ready than Gordon, Gordon is still a long way off contributing anything but hustle. Randle should be able to contribute a bit to begin with but I just don't see any world where he has the kind of impact some lakers fans have been hyping for.

I guess they are allowed to think the Lakers is a playoff team instead of a lottery team until the season begins.