PDA

View Full Version : Knickers: Will just re-signingAnthony feel disappointing after this free agent frenzy

Akrazotile
07-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Especially for 129 million dollars :lol

smoovegittar
07-12-2014, 09:51 AM
He's picking one of 5 contracts offered. Melo knows what he has to do to win in NYC. I'm happy the 3rd best player in the league will return. :applause:

FrobeShaw
07-12-2014, 09:57 AM
He's picking one of 5 contracts offered. Melo knows what he has to do to win in NYC. I'm happy the 3rd best player in the league will return. :applause:

I was going to say something about him not being the third best player in the league but then I realized you could easily make that argument. Damn, third best player and cannot even get into an all-NBA team.

MellowYellow
07-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Melo's don't grow on trees, nothing better out there. If you got a top 5 player, you don't let them go.

smoovegittar
07-12-2014, 10:00 AM
I was going to say something about him not being the third best player in the league but then I realized you could easily make that argument. Damn, third best player and cannot even get into an all-NBA team.
He gets a lot of hate. I think after the next 3 years people may think differently, but I don't really care. Didn't care for him when he was a Nugget; was critical when he joined NY. His play last year earned my respect, he'll do well under Phil's direction I do believe.

Akrazotile
07-12-2014, 10:15 AM

:roll:

Akrazotile
07-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Melo's don't grow on trees, nothing better out there. If you got a top 5 player, you don't let them go.

:roll:

ZHAKIDD532
07-12-2014, 10:26 AM
They were never going to do much else since they don't have the cap room.

Akrazotile
07-12-2014, 01:10 PM
They were never going to do much else since they don't have the cap room.

True.

Its a shame Carmelo isnt a difference maker, guess theyre gonna suck again this year.

bagelred
07-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Nope. Not disappointing at all. Knicks will have better season than anticpated now that Ray Fatton and Mike Woodson are gone.

And in 12 months, Knicks will have MEGA cap space. Helloooooooooooo Marc Gasol. :cheers:

Nastradamus
07-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Its not what you'd like, but I think they took steps. Calderon is an upgrade, Shumpert and JR a year healthier off knee surgery and Hardaway Jr. is a year older. Dalembert is a slight downgrade to Chandler, but Chandler wasn't healthy. Early was a nice add in the draft and I like Larkin too as a young prospect. Bargnani, even though I hate him, could be better in the triangle. Amare was producing when he came back too.

They won't be anything special this year, but they can build something. They have cap space next year and a handful of cheap young players. If they can land M.Gasol next year, they will be an interesting team to watch.

I think they should do Bargs for Josh Smith. He can be a ncie fit in a triangle and Phil is good with enigmatic/troubled players. Bynum,Odom,Rodman and Artest off the top of my head.

Rameek
07-12-2014, 01:15 PM
There isnt a guarantee he will take a max deal or how it will be structured. How can you feel disappointed about anything when Zen already made a move draft night.

Free Agency has been frozen since it started pretty much so things will pick up after Melo makes his decision.

Stop acting like its already close to October.

hawkfan
07-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Cavs are in the playoffs.
Hawks improved and have 9.5 million in cap space, plus 3 million in cap holds.
Hornets can add Luol Deng and get better, plus their draft pick should be good.

It's going to be real hard for the Knicks to get in the playoffs.

Akrazotile
07-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Let the disappointment continue...

Kukoc
07-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Good for New York, The Knicks and the Eastern Conference

Milbuck
07-12-2014, 03:20 PM
How?

Kukoc
07-12-2014, 03:24 PM
More competetion and more exciment for the who will get the top 4 seed and get to the finals.

It will be fine if he goes to Chicago also

J Shuttlesworth
07-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Doesn't really affect the Eastern conference at all. The Knicks were a 37 win team last year

Kukoc
07-12-2014, 03:26 PM
They will be much better this year.
The same for Cleveland