PDA

View Full Version : Is Kevin Love the most disrespected 26 and 12 player ever?

MMKM
07-12-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm reading Cleveland fans posts on SB nation saying they wouldn't trade wiggins to ink this deal. Eh, what? I know they'd like to leave wiggins out of the trade, but you're talking about pairings the best player in the world with the best CENTER in the world....how is this even a question? Wiggins hype machine has gone over the cliff at this point

navy
07-12-2014, 10:45 AM
He is probably the worst 26/12 player I can think of so there is that...

He is better than Wiggins though. Cavs fans need to stop being delusional.

FrobeShaw
07-12-2014, 10:46 AM
Love is a C?

1~Gibson~1
07-12-2014, 10:47 AM
I have yet to see someone think Wiggins > Love but he sure has the potenti to be.

On the other hand I think Wiggins is a better fit than Love for the Cavs.

R.I.P.
07-12-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm reading Cleveland fans posts on SB nation saying they wouldn't trade wiggins to ink this deal. Eh, what? I know they'd like to leave wiggins out of the trade, but you're talking about pairings the best player in the world with the best CENTER in the world....how is this even a question? Wiggins hype machine has gone over the cliff at this point

http://feedlimmy.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/kelly-rowland-x-factor-bitch-please.png

MMKM
07-12-2014, 10:49 AM
I have yet to see someone think Wiggins > Love but he sure has the potenti to be.

On the other hand I think Wiggins is a better fit than Love for the Cavs.

Wiggins also has the potential to completely suck ass

Lebronxrings
07-12-2014, 10:49 AM
yea personally, i would want to keep wiggins. I think he can help our team more in future rather then love, but idk man. Hope our front office makes the right decision i guess.

LBJ 23
07-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Love reminds me of Antawn Jamison a bit. Great stats on a bad team. I think Wiggins can be better that that in a few years.

JtotheIzzo
07-12-2014, 10:51 AM
probably, because he is the least impactful 26/12 player in history.

MMKM
07-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Love reminds me of Antawn Jamison a bit. Great stats on a bad team. I think Wiggins can be better that that in a few years.

I think these statements above confirm my original question. Yes he is the most disrespected 26 and 12 player ever. Thanks for proving my point. Peace out

FireMcFailPlease
07-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Its hilarious.

My favorite is where Ive read some Cavs fans think the Wolves should throw in Dieng because of Loves lack of defensive efficiency.

These turds are trying to have their pie and eating it too.

It all comes down to do Cavs want to contend now? or wait and see how Wiggins pans out while LeBron enters his 30s.

FireMcFailPlease
07-12-2014, 10:53 AM
I like to think the same of the pieces we're getting back from Cleveland w/o Wiggins. Minus the great stats.

Why take a trade that gets you 30 cents to the dollar?

1~Gibson~1
07-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Wiggins also has the potential to completely suck ass
No shit.

:cletus:

JtotheIzzo
07-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Its hilarious.

My favorite is where Ive read some Cavs fans think the Wolves should throw in Dieng because of Loves lack of defensive efficiency.

It all comes down to do Cavs want to contend now? or wait and see how Wiggins pans out while LeBron enters his 30s.

Take the Cavs as constructed today and add a three point shooter and the team is likely nearly as good as it would be without Wiggins and one of the Canadian 4s.

Trade Waiters and one of the fours or someone else for a more premier shooter and the team is ready to seriously contend.

Wiggins is going to be good, like Love is disrespected, Wiggins is over-scrutinized.

Also, Minnesota is dealing from a point of weakness, Love walks at the end of the year regardless so there is no need to give up the farm.

FrobeShaw
07-12-2014, 10:58 AM
I like to think the same of the pieces we're getting back from Cleveland w/o Wiggins. Minus the great stats.

Because you have zero leverage.

Nastradamus
07-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Yes

Eric Cartman
07-12-2014, 10:59 AM
He is the most disrespected 26/12 guy in league history. Just look at his playoff resume.

1~Gibson~1
07-12-2014, 11:05 AM
What do we not understand about Minnesota has no leverage? If we dont wanna give up Wiggins, the next best thing theyll get is a package of players and picks from Boston.

I think Waiters + Thompson + picks > that.

I KNOW that Love > Wiggins ( presently that is. Wiggins might be better on down the road, different argument).

chocolatethunder
07-12-2014, 11:05 AM
He's white, what do you expect. That's the way it goes.

OnFire
07-12-2014, 11:06 AM

You are better off getting more pieces because then you have a better chance eof one wanting to stay there longer than 2 years.

FireMcFailPlease
07-12-2014, 11:08 AM
You are better off getting more pieces because then you have a better chance eof one wanting to stay there longer than 2 years.
I have no idea what you just said

Johnny Jones
What's weird is how Love is hated on ISH yet he seems to be pretty popular to Casual fans.

FrobeShaw
He's white, what do you expect. That's the way it goes.

What?

FireMcFailPlease
07-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Because you have zero leverage.
Minnesota owns the rights to Love for another year and can establish a bidding war between teams who are pining for Love, and Love is willing to sign an extension with said teams.

Pretty sure thats more than just "zero" leverage. Teams are going to want insure they have Love long term and not just gamble on him signing with them when he becomes a FA. Wouldnt you say so?

The first offer post LeBron decision was what, Waiters, TT & picks? Just a start off offer, we all knew it was going to be low ball and Cavs fans are the ones who think its a fair deal...just because theyre keeping the guy with the most dreaded P word, and also getting the best player(by far) in the trade. Get ahold of yourselves

Draz
07-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Empty stats love

Sakkreth
07-12-2014, 11:15 AM
He is and Rightfully so.

FireMcFailPlease
07-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Empty stats love
I dont see Kyrie Irving leading his team to the playoffs in the shittier eastern conference...when do the ishiots start on his case?

I suppose he's off the hook now because he just got the worlds best player.:roll:

1~Gibson~1
07-12-2014, 11:22 AM
How can anyone say that Andrew Wiggins is fair compensation for Kevin Love, but then say Cleveland should get rid of him.

Why should Cleveland get rid of a player with as much value as Kevin Love, and even greater potential?

GimmeThat
07-12-2014, 11:23 AM
well, I don't know if Kobe is going to be healthy.
but I'm not disrespecting Wade at all when I don't think the Lakers should offer him a contract.

what's the agenda behind keeping Wiggins?

are we actually talking about championship aspirations for the team?

Love and westbrook are both pretty good from that 2008 draft class.

Does Irving/Rookie Westbrook/Lebron spell championship to you?

it's possible, just not next year.
which, there's nothing wrong with that.

just surprised to know that there's actually interest coming from the Wolves of trading Love for Wiggins.

red1
07-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Dont let the stats mislead you. He is good but not 26 and 12 good. Not to mention the lack of defense

Nash
07-12-2014, 11:28 AM
What do we not understand about Minnesota has no leverage? If we dont wanna give up Wiggins, the next best thing theyll get is a package of players and picks from Boston.

I KNOW that Love > Wiggins ( presently that is. Wiggins might be better on down the road, different argument).
Waiters and Thompson? Not going to happen. Except for the fact that Lebron mentioned them in his letter and that thompson also has rich paul as his agent, Cavs wouldn't have shit left.

Cavs will involve a 3rd team while sending away Bennett and bunch of first round picks.

FireMcFailPlease
How can anyone say that Andrew Wiggins is fair compensation for Kevin Love, but then say Cleveland should get rid of him.

Why should Cleveland get rid of a player with as much value as Kevin Love, and even greater potential?
are you stupid? Unsigned Wiggins isn't even close to fair value. Potentially, yes. Love is levels above him right now.

If i was a Cavs fan, and I had a chance for a legit, star studded Big 3 headlined by the best player in the game, I would be all over this. Losing Wiggins would suck right away(because like you, my team has never won shit and it would be exciting to see what he could become but unlike you we also havent won a lottery either). this is all because of a 1.7% chance in the dumb lottery.

Big 3's are the new staple of winning. Wiggins isn't a star yet, just yet to be signed #1 overall pick. I would love to skip the BS and go right into being the team to beat in the east.

GimmeThat

we don't know what "THAT" is

plenty of franchises like picks - which, whatever Boston is going to offer, is gonna have more value over the Cavs - because, they've seen Waiters and Thompson played in this league already.

GimmeThat
07-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Big 3's are the new staple of winning. Wiggins isn't a star yet, just yet to be signed #1 overall pick. I would love to skip the BS and go right into being the team to beat in the east.

but that's the WHOLE point of having the winning lottery ticket and not cashing it.

Draz
07-12-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm giving Irving time to grow just like Lillard.

But Love has had a vacation there where he's at. Good player but I just see his stats decreasing.

FireMcFailPlease
but that's the WHOLE point of having the winning lottery ticket and not cashing it.
Cashing it into Kevin Love? yes please :rockon:

1~Gibson~1
we don't know what "THAT" is

plenty of franchises like picks - which, whatever Boston is going to offer, is gonna have more value over the Cavs - because, they've seen Waiters and Thompson played in this league already.
I believe Cleveland has 5 first round picks in the next teo drafts to offer. As well as bennett.

1~Gibson~1
07-12-2014, 11:33 AM
are you stupid? Unsigned Wiggins isn't even close to fair value. Potentially, yes. Love is levels above him right now.

If i was a Cavs fan, and I had a chance for a legit, star studded Big 3 headlined by the best player in the game, I would be all over this. Losing Wiggins would suck right away(because like you, my team has never won shit and it would be exciting to see what he could become but unlike you we also havent won a lottery either). this is all because of a 1.7% chance in the dumb lottery.

Big 3s arent the only way either. Usually the teams with the most depth win.

FireMcFailPlease
07-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Big 3s arent the only way either. Usually the teams with the most depth win.
Yea, San Antonio hasnt ran with their own big 3 since what, championship #2? and kept them together since it seems like WW2. They've just done a hell of a job surrounding the right pieces with them and have a hell of a coach.

ALBballer
07-12-2014, 11:47 AM

Love is worth Wiggins but Minny has little leverage right now. If Cavs play their cards right they can get Love without giving up Wiggins.

The only other potential suitor would be GSW if they included Thompson.

Otherwise Bennett/Waiters/Thompson draft picks is probably the best deal Minny can get.

FireMcFailPlease
07-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Love is worth Wiggins but Minny has little leverage right now. If Cavs play their cards right they can get Love without giving up Wiggins.

The only other potential suitor would be GSW if they included Thompson.

Otherwise Bennett/Waiters/Thompson draft picks is probably the best deal Minny can get.
Youre telling me those teams that miss out on FA's in the next few days wont begin to call Minnesota and ask about Love? I can assure you that those offers will be better than Waiters/TT/picks.

Clevelands only leverage right now, in anything, is they have the trump player that Minnesota covets. It would take a miracle for them to convince a 3rd team to give away young UNTAPPED talent to Minnesota, have them take on DW, AB or TT and keep AW in the long run while getting Love.

Rameek
07-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Love is quite disrespected. He has played on some terrible teams. It's amazing how historically Melo is considered great for his scoring and terrible defense still considered great. Love doesnt get the same consideration with worse teammates.

Minny is in the drivers seat. Bidding war for his talents is the way to go. Just drives up the price. They need to make a move soon though while they still have the leverage. The closer they get to the season the fewer the teams involved as they fill out rosters.

I would not put Wiggins in the deal. Obviously Kyrie and Wiggins are untouchable.

MavsSuperFan
07-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Its hilarious.

ya but in a year love is going to leave 100%, no reason to pay full price for him

MavsSuperFan
07-12-2014, 12:14 PM

because you will get 0 cents to the dollar when he leaves

Edit:

Counter question:
Is kevin love the most respected player in NBA history for which 40 wins was an accomplishment?

MavsSuperFan
07-12-2014, 12:22 PM
What's weird is how Love is hated on ISH yet he seems to be pretty popular to Casual fans.
casual fans only look at the stats.

If you judge by stats love is a borderline MVP candidate

Kevin Love has the NBA's worst OPP FG% (58.8%) out of any player who has 6 or more shots attempted against him as the primary defender per game. (stats.nba.com)

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3962811/klovedefense.gif

Kevin love conceding a shot to get in position for the rebound.

Kevin Love's stats alone make him a good player, but lets not pretend he is a great player

ralph_i_el
07-12-2014, 12:37 PM

When Love played center the Twolves hemorrhaged points.

I'm a fan, but he's no center

hawksdogsbraves
07-12-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm giving Irving time to grow just like Lillard.

But Love has had a vacation there where he's at. Good player but I just see his stats decreasing.

Yeah 25 year old superstars always get a lot worse heading into their 26-29 year old seasons :rolleyes:

ace23
07-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Yes, because he hasn't won, and that's not his fault.

If Wiggins is what it'd take to get Love, the Cavs would be dumb to not give him up.

stephanieg
07-12-2014, 02:04 PM
I want to see LeBron and Love fight each other when they both try to stat pad boards.

SCdac
07-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Nah, on ISH most disrespected 26/12 player is probably David Robinson.

Kevin Love is sick but it's not a revelation that he's not much of a defensive player.

Knicks014Champs
07-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Yeah and he should go to Knicks to win championchips with Knicks, sidekick to Melo, possible best duo ever, two alphas just one playing as beta and following the biggest alpha of all in Melo :cheers:

Rubio2Gasol
07-12-2014, 02:33 PM
He's probably the only 26/12 player to never make the playoffs.

You know what that means? 90% of basketball fans haven't watched the dude play a full game.

IncarceratedBob
07-12-2014, 02:45 PM
He's good not great.

Wiggins could be better by his sophmore yr.

R.I.P.
07-12-2014, 02:54 PM
[B]Love is quite disrespected. He has played on some terrible teams. It's amazing how historically Melo is considered great for his scoring and terrible defense still considered great.

10 play-off appearances (in 11 years)

Seasons over 0.500: 10

0 play-off appearances (in 6 years)

Seasons over 0.500: 0

Heavincent
07-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Dont let the stats mislead you. He is good but not 26 and 12 good

Well he put up 26/12, so yes, he is 26 and 12 good.

Legends66NBA7
07-12-2014, 03:01 PM
He makes excuses when he loses, doesn't commit to defense, has been known to be dirty players, etc... There's not much to like. He's probably the most dislikable star player in the league and he should be. What has he done outside of that rebounding title ? He has a decent cast and he can't even lead to the playoffs.

Yeah 25 year old superstars

Love isn't a superstar.

hawksdogsbraves
07-12-2014, 03:09 PM
He makes excuses when he loses, doesn't commit to defense, has been known to be dirty players, etc... There's not much to like. He's probably the most dislikable star player in the league and he should be. What has he done outside of that rebounding title ? He has a decent cast and he can't even lead to the playoffs.

Love isn't a superstar.

According to you he's not.

According to regular statistics, advanced statistics, and public opinion, he absolutely is.

Legends66NBA7
07-12-2014, 03:14 PM
According to regular statistics, advanced statistics

I didn't say his stats don't look good. Stats alone don't make you a superstar. Was Elton Brand a superstar in 2005/06 ? He was better than Love was that year too.

public opinion, he absolutely is.

He is ? Never heard this before.

Show me this undeniable evidence of public opinion that he's a superstar.

FrobeShaw
07-12-2014, 03:15 PM
He's probably the only 26/12 player to never make the playoffs.

You know what that means? 90% of basketball fans haven't watched the dude play a full game.

I fail to see the correlation.

Kingwillball
07-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Iff HE wants to Become Known or Relevant he needs to come to Cleveland. He will waste his best years of his career if He stays hidden in the Mediocrity of Minn.

navy
07-12-2014, 03:19 PM
The playoff thing is dumb. If he was in the East he would have made it. Easily.

Plus his supporting cast isnt exactly glass shattering.