PDA

View Full Version : Until the day they lay me to the ground, I will wonder why they block the CP3 trade

STATUTORY
07-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Kobe, CP3, :facepalm

qrich
07-12-2014, 11:03 AM
That would be because you are an idiot that does not understand an iota of the association.

STATUTORY
07-12-2014, 11:05 AM
That would be because you are an idiot that does not understand an iota of the association.
manufactured parity and socializing success is the league now?

Obama's NBA

FrobeShaw
07-12-2014, 11:06 AM

This is the part where you break it down for us pathetic souls.

1~Gibson~1
07-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Just as the Clippers arent going to trade Blake Griffin to the Lakera... ever, no matter the reason.

David Stern (the owner, not commissioner) didnt feel okay with letting cp3 go to the Lakers so they could rule the nba again as they always have.

Is that bad logic? :confusedshrug:

livingby3's
07-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeah, hope u get laid soon

STATUTORY
Just as the Clippers arent going to trade Blake Griffin to the Lakera... ever, no matter the reason.

David Stern (the owner, not commissioner) didnt feel okay with letting cp3 go to the Lakers so they could rule the nba again as they always have.

why have GM's and front offices bro, why not just have players random distributed to teams and reshuffled every year for sake of parity?

PickernRoller
How can Lebron become the face of the NBA without a ring?

Not to mention easing the OKC and Durant transition as the new top gun once Lebron fades.

On top of that you can't keep Kobe being the face of the NBA while having a history of alleged rape. That will always carry with you whether that b1tch was a money wh0re or not.

The NBA is a product, has PR and it needs to be sold. Just look at how they handled the Sterling case.....It's all about the product sold.

Magic 32
07-12-2014, 11:10 AM

It's amazing how that block started a devastating chain reaction.

Classy organisation = F*cked

Organisation owned by a Nazi = Contenders

1~Gibson~1
why have GM's and front offices bro, why not just have players random distributed to teams and reshuffled every year for sake of parity?
Its in the CBA.

FrobeShaw
How can Lebron become the face of the NBA without a ring?

Not to mention easing the OKC and Durant transition as the new top gun once Lebron fades.

On top of that you can't keep Kobe being the face of the NBA while having a history of alleged rape. That will always carry with you whether that b1tch was a money wh0re or not.

The NBA is a product, has PR and it needs to be sold. Just look at how they handled the Sterling case.....It's all about the product sold.

This deluded bastard seriously thinks the only reason Kobe isn't seen as the best player is because of the rape trial. Wow. I've read a ton of hilarious shit today but this takes the cake.

PJR
Chris Paul needs to be thanking the mighty God above for that veto by Stern. He was about to land into a dumpster fire. Lakers are gonna be jokes for a good minute. :oldlol:

GimmeThat
07-12-2014, 11:11 AM
probably because David Stern's main concern is strength of schedule and not the interest of any one single team.

that concern extends into the playoff as well.

so he screwed up both the Pelicans as well as the Lakers at the attempt of making the league more competitive by picking a problematic franchise right when he happens to have one of the best commodity in the market and is up for being traded.

of course, he could always justify he didn't screw up the Pelicans by what they got back in return.

STATUTORY
07-12-2014, 11:12 AM
probably because David Stern's main concern is strength of schedule and not the interest of any one single team.

that concern extends into the playoff as well.

so he screwed up both the Pelicans as well as the Lakers at the attempt of making the league more competitive by picking a problematic franchise right when he happens to have one of the best commodity in the market and is up for being traded.

of course, he could always justify he didn't screw up the Pelicans by what they got back in return.

yea when they gonna retire eric gordon's number anyways :facepalm

PickernRoller
07-12-2014, 11:14 AM
This deluded bastard seriously thinks the only reason Kobe isn't seen as the best player is because of the rape trial. Wow. I've read a ton of hilarious shit today but this takes the cake.

I only see one deluded retard thinking that I claimed Kobe to be the best player in the league past 2010.

Me guesses you never had proper schooling. Reading comprehension is 0.

STATUTORY
07-12-2014, 11:15 AM
he's right doe, the league never championed Kobe as the its face because of the rape allegation

it's like the woody allen film Crime and Misdemeanors, life is so arbitrary, one cumshot in colorado = no 6th ring for kobe:facepalm

FrobeShaw
07-12-2014, 11:17 AM
he's right doe, the league never championed Kobe as the its face because of the rape allegation

it's like the woody allen film Crime and Misdemeanors, life is so arbitrary, one cumshot in colorado = no 6th ring for kobe:facepalm

Listen, regardless of a rape, LeBron was still a megastar coming into this league and he panned out. I mean, do you think Kobe would always be better than him? Kobe had his time and then it was over. There's nothing more to be said.

DukeDelonte13
07-12-2014, 11:17 AM
the trade was "blocked" akin to an owner telling a GM not to pull the trigger on a potential deal.

It was totally within the league's power to do what they did. A lot of owners were pissed about the trade and the league capitulated. I agree that it was kinda sh*tty, but not too big a deal.

PickernRoller
07-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Listen, regardless of a rape, LeBron was still a megastar coming into this league and he panned out. I mean, do you think Kobe would always be better than him? Kobe had his time and then it was over. There's nothing more to be said.

Who the f'ck claimed that b1tch? :lol :lol

Strawman argument the size of continent....

FrobeShaw
07-12-2014, 11:19 AM
I only see one deluded retard thinking that I claimed Kobe to be the best player in the league past 2010.

Me guesses you never had proper schooling. Reading comprehension is 0.

So what are you suggesting with Kobe not being the face with the rape trial? Was Kobe the face in 03? Is that what you're saying? What's that nonsense about LeBron needing a ring to be the face? What are you even saying there?

red1
07-12-2014, 11:22 AM
:roll: their delusion is unreal

embersyc
07-12-2014, 11:23 AM
A Jew got called a Nazi in this thread.

Nobody realized.

Lebronxrings
07-12-2014, 11:26 AM
way too stacked thats why
Best pg
top 5 pf to ever play the game
top 10 sg

STATUTORY
07-12-2014, 11:26 AM
kobe was treated like the ugly middle child, league wanted to move on from him as soon as possible, tales of his demise were always greatly exaggerated and premature.

league robbed kobe of at least 2 rings

Soundwave
07-12-2014, 11:29 AM
The other owners of the NBA were unhappy having to pump their money into a franchise that was going to help out the NBA's "priveleged bunch" in the Lakers to get yet another star player.

So they went and made a stink about it to Stern. Stern caved to their pressure.

That's pretty much all that happened.

qrich
07-12-2014, 11:29 AM
This is the part where you break it down for us pathetic souls.

What would be the point, when you ignorant homers bring up the same issue to cry about due to insecurity? But, meh, I got time to kill.

The league, at the time, was owned by the NBA and any decision, like with the Hawks, the Pelicans, and any other team, has to be approved by the owner/ownership group. Since, the team is owned by the league, the Board of Governors would need to approve the trade that the GM had agreed too, and I'm sure each member had their own reason to veto the said deal and that is what ended up happening.

For example, the Clippers had agreed to deal Butler for Ariza, and Washington had reportedly agreed as well, but Tokowitz turned it down. Is that a conspiracy as well? Or before the Clippers dealt for Redick, they had a reported deal agreed to in exchange for Afflalo instead, but again, Tokowitz turned it down. Is that a conspiracy? He nearly botched the Redick deal because he didn't think a white guy was worth what Redick's contract is. Is that a conspiracy?

Back to the Paul trade. Some members of the board and/or Stern/Silver felt that the Clipper trade was the fastest way to rebuild the franchise as they did not take on any extended contracts (Kaman was an expiring IIRC, or had two years left), while acquiring nice youth as well in Eric Gordon (many expected him to grow and be a premier 2-guard for ages to come), Al-Farouq Aminu (many thought he'd be a solid two way SF) and a pick from a team that hadn't came close to sniffing the post season in ages. Now, those didn't work out as planned (botched the Wolves pick with Rivers), but it gave them what a rebuilding team would be aiming for, youth, expiring contract(s), and a draft pick.

The Laker deal would have thrown the franchise in limbo as a fringe playoff side, giving them a higher salary base as well, which may have made the team more of a hassle to sell.

Think of the Pau deal, the Bulls were reportedly interested, at the same time, and had, again reportedly, offered more instant value for Memphis, but the Grizzly franchise preferred the same type of package that the Hornets got, acquiring youth (Critt), expiring (Kwame) and the rights to Marc (say it equals the draft pick).

While many classify that as some sort of fishy business, the simpletons that defend that move to no avail, are the same simpletons who cry about this move.

JT123
07-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Cause Dan Gilbert and the other owners forced his hand. It's not complicated.

Chrono90
07-12-2014, 11:32 AM
The league doesn't want Kobe to keep winning and win hearts of young fans. It has to be passed off to others. Kobe is getting old. KD, Lebron are younger money for the next generation.

Byobob
07-12-2014, 11:32 AM

You don't need to wonder now then, do you? You guys got it all figured out. I guess you wouldn't have to bring this to your grave.
:lol :lol :lol

STATUTORY
07-12-2014, 11:36 AM
the greatest tragedy of kobe's career is that he played for the lakers, all that unnecessary hate and scrutiny. the guy was guaranteed for 6+ rings anywehreelse he would have gone

longtime lurker
07-12-2014, 11:38 AM

The NBA should have let the Hornest GM have total autonomy on the trades made on behalf of the team. It was a total conflict of interest for the NBA to own the team and dictate the team's moves. Either the GM had total control to make whatever moves he saw fit or he approved the deal with Stern, but Stern folded to the public pressure of Dan Gilbert and Cuban's toddler like tantrums. The trade should have never been vetoed in the first place or the Hornets shouldn't have been able to make any moves until an owner was found.

Soundwave
07-12-2014, 11:40 AM
The NBA should have let the Hornest GM have total autonomy on the trades made on behalf of the team. It was a total conflict of interest for the NBA to own the team and dictate the team's moves. Either the GM had total control to make whatever moves he saw fit or he approved the deal with Stern, but Stern folded to the public pressure of Dan Gilbert and Cuban's toddler like tantrums. The trade should have never been vetoed in the first place or the Hornets shouldn't have been able to make any moves until an owner was found.

The NBA also very obviously rigged the draft to give the Pelicans the no.1 overall.

Lots of shady sh*t and back door politics going on.

STATUTORY
07-12-2014, 11:43 AM
The NBA also very obviously rigged the draft to give the Pelicans the no.1 overall.

and rigged it to give cavs 3 first round picks

decks are stacked against Kobe in the league

T_L_P
07-12-2014, 11:45 AM
the greatest tragedy of kobe's career is that he played for the lakers, all that unnecessary hate and scrutiny. the guy was guaranteed for 6+ rings anywehreelse he would have gone

Really? Because Kobe's career has been something of a failure without Phil Jackson (bench rider, misses Playoffs, team crumbles to irrelevance), and he isn't on any other team.

1~Gibson~1
07-12-2014, 11:45 AM
I agree with your last sentence but it is what it is and its understandable from my pov.

I dont even understand who the Hornets were in that situation? Did the owner sell the team to the league? Or was he suspended or something?

NumberSix
07-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Mostly because of Dan Gilbert bitching about superteams who now fell face first into possibly forming his own.

steve
07-12-2014, 11:49 AM
When a team is owned by the league, it is the 29 other owners who are footing the bill and become defacto owners of said team. The league was allowing Demps to work with autonomy but no more so than any owner would let his GM work in most cases. When Demps had a deal in place that the a number of the other owners felt was uneven (read: the owners of New Orleans at the time), it was well within their rights to block the trade via the commissioner, who never had unilateral power in this matter and was specifically acting as a mouth piece for the people who were footing the bill of the Hornets/Pelicans.

GimmeThat
07-12-2014, 11:50 AM
The other owners of the NBA were unhappy having to pump their money into a franchise that was going to help out the NBA's "priveleged bunch" in the Lakers to get yet another star player.

So they went and made a stink about it to Stern. Stern caved to their pressure.

That's pretty much all that happened.

and in return, they created the new priviledged bunch

ones who underpay their star player
ones who are gifted top picks
ones who got the compensation top pick

all for everyone to stay quiet, just so Stern could get away with whatever else he'd like to do.

anyone seen that documentary movie about the financial crisis that's got a great cast to it and as to what happened behind closed door?

talk about making deals between bankers

Titled: Inside Job

longtime lurker
07-12-2014, 11:54 AM

I'm not conspiracy theorist but the rigging couldn't have been any more blatant than that. Stern was such a complete crook, the whole veto was bullsh!t because the Hornets didn't get a shitty enough package. Not to mention they end up trading the Hornets to the Clippers which just reeks of big market appeasement.

I agree with your last sentence but it is what it is and its understandable from my pov.

I dont even understand who the Hornets were in that situation? Did the owner sell the team to the league? Or was he suspended or something?

The Hornets were in financial trouble so the league took ownership of the team until they found a buyer. I believe all other 29 owners took an ownership stake, but it was never explicitly stated that the GM needed approval from all 29 other owners to make any moves. Stern approved the move, there's no reason to believe that a GM wouldn't consult with the defacto owner of the team before pulling the trigger on such an important trade.

STATUTORY
07-12-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm not conspiracy theorist but the rigging couldn't have been any more blatant than that. Stern was such a complete crook, the whole veto was bullsh!t because the Hornets didn't get a shitty enough package. Not to mention they end up trading the Hornets to the Clippers which just reeks of big market appeasement.

The Hornets were in financial trouble so the league took ownership of the team until they found a buyer. I believe all other 29 owners took an ownership stake, but it was never explicitly stated that the GM needed approval from all 29 other owners to make any moves. Stern approved the move, there's no reason to believe that a GM wouldn't consult with the defacto owner of the team before pulling the trigger on such an important trade.

yup so absolutely blatant its revoltinhg

when kobe hangs it up. I'm gone with him

ralph_i_el
07-12-2014, 12:36 PM
The league didn't make that trade because the GM of the Hornets/Pelicans made the deal and then the owner had to approve it. The league was the owner.

If anything, the deal shouldn't have been made public until it was approved and we never would have known about it. Nobody "Pulled the trigger" on that trade.

Worked out ok for the the Hornets/Pelicans considering they scored AD who will probably be the best big man for years to come

The JKidd Kid
07-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Because the Clippers deal was better than the Lakers deal and as owner of the team, Stern decided to take the better deal.

no pun intended
07-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Mostly because of Dan Gilbert bitching about superteams who now fell face first into possibly forming his own.
This.

Plus, the NBA wants to boost its small market teams.

LBJFTW
07-12-2014, 12:45 PM
If you want to make yourself look like a moron in the NBA and lose respect from all its viewers, all you have to do is block a CP3 to Kobe Lakers trade and then allow a Bron, Wade, Bosh collaboration. :lol

ralph_i_el
07-12-2014, 12:46 PM
kobe was treated like the ugly middle child, league wanted to move on from him as soon as possible, tales of his demise were always greatly exaggerated and premature.

league robbed kobe of at least 2 rings

:applause: Most delusional thing anyone has ever said on this forum in the years I've been posting.

THE LAKERS WERE HOLDING KOBE BACK :roll: :roll: THE LEAGUE ROBBED HIM OF RINGS:roll: :roll: 2002 KINGS :roll: SHAQ WASN'T THE BEST PLAYER:roll: :roll: :roll:POOR LITTLE KOBE THE PUBLIC WAS SO MEAN TO HIM AFTER HE RAPED:roll:

If Kobe was in any other situation he would have ended up on the Wade/Barkley/KG tier

This.

Plus, the NBA wants to boost its small market teams.

Boost that small market LOS ANGELES Clippers. That's a good one.

SouBeachTalents
07-12-2014, 01:02 PM

Yeah, getting prime Shaq to help you win 3 rings is indeed a ****ing catastrophe. You're right, he should have just stayed on the Hornets, he wins at LEAST 6 rings there. Getting traded to the best player & coach in the league really ruined Kobe's career, as well as any chance he had at having true greatness

Rose'sACL
07-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Because they thought that the biggest lakers fan(you) liked lebron. They were just thinking of you.

STATUTORY
07-12-2014, 01:15 PM
:applause: Most delusional thing anyone has ever said on this forum in the years I've been posting.

THE LAKERS WERE HOLDING KOBE BACK :roll: :roll: THE LEAGUE ROBBED HIM OF RINGS:roll: :roll: 2002 KINGS :roll: SHAQ WASN'T THE BEST PLAYER:roll: :roll: :roll:POOR LITTLE KOBE THE PUBLIC WAS SO MEAN TO HIM AFTER HE RAPED:roll:

If Kobe was in any other situation he would have ended up on the Wade/Barkley/KG tier

that's why kobe is such a compelling protagonist in the NBA, because it's always him against the entire world. teammates always fail, only kobe stands alone

ralph_i_el
07-12-2014, 01:21 PM
that's why kobe is such a compelling protagonist in the NBA, because it's always him against the entire world. teammates always fail, only kobe stands alone
Shaq was just one big fail wasn't he? Lamar Odom and Pau were just shitty scrubs before Kobe right? It's not like Kobe has legions of devoted fans who would clean his ass for him no questions :lol

Torious
07-12-2014, 01:26 PM
You know, if it wasn't for that **** Dan Gilbert writing an angry letter to the comissioner, crying how this trade would reduce the Lakers' luxury tax (essentially cost teams that profit from revenue sharing some money) and what not.. I might be rooting for the Cavs to win a championship while the Lakers are in rebuild mode. I think it's true fans and the City certainly would have earned that.

But with that Guy as owner. Fcuk em.

DMAVS41
07-12-2014, 01:51 PM
One of the most unfair things in NBA history...and it royally ****ed the Lakers hugely. Literally has ruined them for what could be a long time.

Also ****ed the Pelicans as well actually...although most are too stupid here to understand that the Davis pick had nothing to do with that trade.

The Pelicans got Gordon (worthless), Aminu (close to worthless), Kaman (worthless), and Rivers (close to worthless)....

Just a terrible terrible trade...and that Gordon contract continues to **** the Pelicans over.

no pun intended
07-12-2014, 02:02 PM
I was referring to New Orleans. They got a better deal in the trade after the veto.

Torious
07-12-2014, 02:42 PM
I was referring to New Orleans. They got a better deal in the trade after the veto.

So, hold on here for a second... Eric Gordon, Aminu, Chris ****ing Kaman and a first-rounder are a better deal than Goran Dragic, Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom and a first-round pick?

:roll: :roll:

wakencdukest
07-12-2014, 03:02 PM
One of the most unfair things in NBA history...and it royally ****ed the Lakers hugely. Literally has ruined them for what could be a long time.

Also ****ed the Pelicans as well actually...although most are too stupid here to understand that the Davis pick had nothing to do with that trade.

The Pelicans got Gordon (worthless), Aminu (close to worthless), Kaman (worthless), and Rivers (close to worthless)....

Just a terrible terrible trade...and that Gordon contract continues to **** the Pelicans over.

Yeah, the Pelicans gave up Chris Paul and ended up with Jack Shit.

Nash
07-12-2014, 03:08 PM
NBA were in control of the New Orleans Hornets
And when in control, they did what was best for Hornets. They thought what Lakers offered them(Odom and bunch of other shit) was not enough for the best PG.
They said no.
The end.

STATUTORY
07-12-2014, 05:29 PM
NBA were in control of the New Orleans Hornets
And when in control, they did what was best for Hornets. They thought what Lakers offered them(Odom and bunch of other shit) was not enough for the best PG.
They said no.
The end.
yea i know how they did it. but not why

ralph_i_el
07-12-2014, 05:50 PM
because the Lakers weren't giving them a good enough offer (no one knew Dragic was going to be this good. He was a nice piece but not a star at the time). Nobody knew Eric Gordon was going to be constantly injured.

It ended up working perfectly for the peli's. Why should they care what happens to the Lakers?

So, hold on here for a second... Eric Gordon, Aminu, Chris ****ing Kaman and a first-rounder are a better deal than Goran Dragic, Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom and a first-round pick?

:roll: :roll:

Umm...duh? At the time Eric Gordon was WAY more valuable than Goran Dragic. Aminu was a young athletic prospect and Kaman (don't hate on Chris ****ing Kaman) was an expiring contract.

Why would they want to take on Scola, Martin, and Odom if they were about to rebuild? Old guys on big $$$ contracts don't make a lot of sense. The Lakers and Rockets made out like bandits in that deal.

of course hindsight is 20/20. EG stays injured and Dragic evolved into a star. On the other hand, they got AD because they didn't trade for a bunch of vets. Also the pick in the clippers deal was a better pick.

LA Lakers
07-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Greatest back court in NBA history vanished into thin air by David Stern. Looks like that trade will hurt us for a while.

qrich
07-12-2014, 07:37 PM

I already posted why, you damn ignorant dolt.

Idiots like you and DMavs prove to have less than an iota of any sort of NBA knowledge. Sad, but entertaining.