PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Buss get blamed when Phil left, Shaq left, Kobe kept losin playoffs?

Akrazotile
07-12-2014, 11:30 AM
All teams go through lulls, no franchise contends for titles every year.

Jim Buss tried to trade for CP3. He brought in Nash and Howard to play with Pau and Kobe which seemed like a superteam at the time. He gave Mike Brown a quick hook which everyone wanted. He hired DAntoni at KOBES behest. He gave Kobe a "loyalty" contract which every dumb kobe stan wanted him to get.

Point being, its incredible how a bunch of mindless sheep will bleet "jim buss sucks" bc they heard a few talking heads on radio throw the idea out there. Its like nobody thinks for themselves, just latch onto someone elses talking points and bleet bleet bleet.

Phil Jackson supposedly acts like a total c0ck around lakers headquarters, and he wanted 15 mil to CONSIDER coming back to coach a team whose roster wouldnt win regardless. So jim buss said fukc that ill hire the guy KOBE is aski g for.

But again, these dummy sheep just bleet the party line. "Its all jim buss. Its never kobe. Its pau. Its mike brown. Its never kobe. Fisher sucks. Its not kobes fault. Mike dantonis fault. Howard is a loser. Bynum sucks. Its not kobes fault. Jim buss is ruining the team. Nash is old. Its not kobe. All praise to kobe.

Magic 32
07-12-2014, 11:32 AM
But again, these dummy sheep just bleet the party line. "Its all jim buss. Its never kobe. Its pau. Its mike brown. Its never kobe. Fisher sucks. Its not kobes fault. Mike dantonis fault. Howard is a loser. Bynum sucks. Its not kobes fault. Jim buss is ruining the team. Nash is old. Its not kobe. All praise to kobe.

Kobe > Jim Buss, Pau, Mike Brown, Howard, Bynum, Nash, D'Antoni, Fisher.

longtime lurker
07-12-2014, 11:34 AM

Jim Buss tried to trade for CP3. He brought in Nash and Howard to play with Pau and Kobe which seemed like a superteam at the time. He gave Mike Brown a quick hook which everyone wanted. He hired DAntoni at KOBES behest. He gave Kobe a "loyalty" contract which every dumb kobe stan wanted him to get.

Point being, its incredible how a bunch of mindless sheep will bleet "jim buss sucks" bc they heard a few talking heads on radio throw the idea out there. Its like nobody thinks for themselves, just latch onto someone elses talking points and bleet bleet bleet.

Phil Jackson supposedly acts like a total c0ck around lakers headquarters, and he wanted 15 mil to CONSIDER coming back to coach a team whose roster wouldnt win regardless. So jim buss said fukc that ill hire the guy KOBE is aski g for.

Weren't you supposed to leave this site you 30 year old waste of life

Akrazotile
07-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Kobe > Jim Buss, Pau, Mike Brown, Howard, Bynum, Nash, D'Antoni, Fisher.

1 total mvp < 2 total mvps

Deal with it

STATUTORY
07-12-2014, 11:35 AM
what has jim buss done with his life to indicate he's capable of running a franchise?

ni99a was born on third base and still couldn't accomplish shit. went to community college, did nothing in his 20s and 30s, and we suppose to trust him with the team? he is not even qualified to run the Sparks

Akrazotile
07-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Weren't you supposed to leave this site you 30 year old waste of life

Bro.

I am NOT thirty yet. :mad:

Xover
07-12-2014, 11:38 AM

Oh the irony.. kinda reminds me of this

“See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody’s couch like it’s something to do? Come on. I had a little more sense than that. [short pause] Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie’s couch.” -

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Who blamed Jerry Buss for Shaq and Phil's departure? I always hear "Kobe ran them outta town", "Kobe was a bad teammate" pre 2005, etc.

Magic 32
07-12-2014, 11:43 AM
1 total mvp < 2 total mvps

Deal with it

1 total mvp > 2 total mvps that can't walk.

Akrazotile
07-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Who blamed Jerry Buss for Shaq and Phil's departure? I always hear "Kobe ran them outta town", "Kobe was a bad teammate" pre 2005, etc.

Thats the point. Nobody did. But they wanna blame this lull on jim buss, but wheres the evidence? Just bc he wouldnt bend over for phil jackson and put up with his shit to have him coach a team past contention anyway???

Its embarrassing how dumb some of these laker fans are.

gts
07-12-2014, 12:21 PM
The OP is correct.

There's tons of hypocrisy, ignoring facts and rewriting of history when it comes to Jim Buss and his siblings vs their dad..

Jim Buss has been far from perfect but so was his dad, the difference is his father could hide or repair the mistakes by opening up his checkbook...

Jerry Buss never had to operate a franchise in the current or previous CBA climate. There would be a completely different Laker history had he (Jerry) had to run the franchise under the same rules his children have had to.

I love Jerry Buss, best franchise owner in all of sports if you ask me but he's gone, Cancer took him away... It was the one thing he couldn't fix with his wallet

rhowen4
07-12-2014, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=xover]

Rubio2Gasol
07-12-2014, 12:59 PM
You were probably in a crib when Shaq left, at least that' what the majority of your posts indicate, but the idea that Jerry Buss took blame when Shaq left is completely false.

Kobe took the majority of the blame, for that, for everything. Jerry Buss deserved a share of it, if you want to call it that. Shaq deserves alot of it too, for demanding 30 million a year at the age of 33, coming off probably the worst season of his career to date.

Anyway, regarding more current events. Jim Buss is an idiot. He's the classic case of a dude wanting to stamp his authority on a team, running it into the ground. Luckily for him, because of where he is and the money they have, it's repairable.

When Kobe said hire Brian Shaw, he should have listened. Instead, kid decided to blow it up like 2 weeks into office. Lakers lost to the Mavs that year, Kobe was on one ankle, Pau was beat.

It's a game of luck, if the Paul deal goes through, we might very well call him a genius, but that's not how it works. When it fell through, the proportional response to that is not to trade away Odom for an exception....to the team that just beat you and hire a coach with no experience with what the Lakers had been doing.

He should have made supplementary deals. Bring in a couple shooters, defenders, keep the identity of the team intact. His aborted blow up job was just cringeworthy.

Next year was good enough. He didn't account for Dwight Howard funamentally incompetent. Nash unfortunately suffered what seems a career ending injury in like the 2nd game of the season. Still. he should have done the Pau for Josh Smith deal, in my opinion. Kobe wouldn't have liked it, but yeah, that team always needed more defence.

D Antoni is neither here nor there, Phil would have been better, but at that point not by much.

Akrazotile
07-12-2014, 01:03 PM
You were probably in a crib when Shaq left, at least that' what the majority of your posts indicate, but the idea that Jerry Buss took blame when Shaq left is completely false.

Kobe took the majority of the blame, for that, for everything. Jerry Buss deserved a share of it, if you want to call it that. Shaq deserves alot of it too, for demanding 30 million a year at the age of 33, coming off probably the worst season of his career to date.

Anyway, regarding more current events. Jim Buss is an idiot. He's the classic case of a dude wanting to stamp his authority on a team, running it into the ground. Luckily for him, because of where he is and the money they have, it's repairable.

When Kobe said hire Brian Shaw, he should have listened. Instead, kid decided to blow it up like 2 weeks into office. Lakers lost to the Mavs that year, Kobe was on one ankle, Pau was beat.

It's a game of luck, if the Paul deal goes through, we might very well call him a genius, but that's not how it works. When it fell through, the proportional response to that is not to trade away Odom for an exception....to the team that just beat you and hire a coach with no experience with what the Lakers had been doing.

He should have made supplementary deals. Bring in a couple shooters, defenders, keep the identity of the team intact. His aborted blow up job was just cringeworthy.

Next year was good enough. He didn't account for Dwight Howard funamentally incompetent. Nash unfortunately suffered what seems a career ending injury in like the 2nd game of the season. Still. he should have done the Pau for Josh Smith deal, in my opinion. Kobe wouldn't have liked it, but yeah, that team always needed more defence.

D Antoni is neither here nor there, Phil would have been better, but at that point not by much.

Holy shit bro. Do you know how to read???

And the rest of your post was pure god awful. Hire brian shaw?? Trade for josh smith???

You blame buss from trading Odom to a team that literally had to send him home for being a crackhead???

Jesus christ. This was one of the worst ISH posts ever.

Akrazotile
07-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Oh look, I made a bump.

riseagainst
07-16-2014, 06:28 PM
the OP started out on a great point to try and claim some justice for Jim Buss. But emotions got the better of OP and his true intentions came about so frantically and the post turned into a Kobe-bashing thread instead.

Akrazotile
07-16-2014, 06:36 PM
the OP started out on a great point to try and claim some justice for Jim Buss. But emotions got the better of OP and his true intentions came about so frantically and the post turned into a Kobe-bashing thread instead.

No, never. I love teh Kobe Brian. I would never bash. Quite the opposite in fact. I would totally smash.

Kobe 4 lyef

Hey Yo
07-16-2014, 07:05 PM
He hired DAntoni at KOBES behest.

Jim hired Mike D after Doc's blessing. Doc made that call.

"Before the Los Angeles Lakers decided to go with Mike D’Antoni as the new head coach of the team, Dr. Jerry Buss was consulted on the decision while in the hospital. Buss absorbed all the information, and the Phil Jackson possibility, but ultimately decided D’Antoni was the right man for the job.

Jim Buss spoke with ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne about a number of different topics recently and explained his father’s desire to go with D’Antoni rather than Jackson:

“We did the coaching search and interviews and fed him all the information,” Buss said. “And he said, ‘This is who I want. D’Antoni’s the man.’ Knowing that in the future we had to rebuild, he felt that Phil was not a guy to rebuild. It’s not fair to him. It was actually more of a respectful thought towards Phil.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/dr-jerry-buss-on-mike-dantoni-hiring-this-is-who-i-want/2013/09/11/

Akrazotile
07-16-2014, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=Hey Yo].

Jim hired Mike D after Doc's blessing. Doc made that call.

"Before the Los Angeles Lakers decided to go with Mike D