PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Carmelo Anthony announcing his return to the Knicks today

bagelred
07-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Just a matter of hours until Carmelo Anthony informs the Knicks of his return on a five-year deal, as @FisolaNYDN reported this week.

Obvious question...what is taking you so long?!

avonbarksdale
07-12-2014, 12:59 PM
guys a certified retard

bagelred
07-12-2014, 01:00 PM
guys a certified retard

whoa, whoa...I may be a little "slow", but that's not nice. :no: "Mentally challenged" is term I prefer.:cheers:

Meticode
07-12-2014, 01:00 PM
guys a certified retard
Proof?

hawkfan
07-12-2014, 01:01 PM
No playoffs again.
Not good enough.

NattyPButter
07-12-2014, 01:02 PM
well...at least he'll have a lot of money.

Rubio2Gasol
07-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Honestly, as WOJ said, ESPN for a 50 billion dollar organization, sure does taste WOJ's ass quite alot.

gts
07-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Is this the greatest "Duh" moment in free agency.. every team that wooed him spent yesterday moving on from the Melo sewwepstakes. There's literally no place for him to go but the Knicks at this point

Derka
07-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Gotta hand it to Phil, he must have made a mighty good pitch. The money certainly doesn't hurt.

Phil's got moves worked out already. Whether they'll actually get done is another ballgame entirely.

hawkfan
07-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Gotta hand it to Phil, he must have made a mighty good pitch. The money certainly doesn't hurt.

Phil's got moves worked out already. Whether they'll actually get done is another ballgame entirely.

Send Bargnani to the Hawks for Demarre Carroll and trade exception.

-Lebron23-
07-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Is this the greatest "Duh" moment in free agency.. every team that wooed him spent yesterday moving on from the Melo sewwepstakes. There's literally no place for him to go but the Knicks at this point
This, As I said yesterday, all teams are pretty much moving on already. He won't even have to announce anything, just show up to training camp and continue to talk about the importance of winning :oldlol: go get those 35 wins Melo!

Real14
07-12-2014, 01:07 PM
:applause: :cheers: :banana:

red1
07-12-2014, 01:08 PM
guys a certified retard
yep

Da Hammer
07-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Carmelo is going to be asking for a trade within 2 years :facepalm

sammichoffate
07-12-2014, 01:09 PM
30 Million> Ring :applause:

Real14
07-12-2014, 01:09 PM
No playoffs again.
Not good enough.
Keep lyin to yourself Mr. salty:lol

bagelred
07-12-2014, 01:11 PM
This, As I said yesterday, all teams are pretty much moving on already. He won't even have to announce anything, just show up to training camp and continue to talk about the importance of winning :oldlol: go get those 35 wins Melo!

So people criticize others for ring chasing, so now you are criticizing a franchise player for STAYING with his team? :hammerhead: Can you all make up your mind?

Props to Melo, even if he seriously considered leaving, and props to Bosh too. Sure they got paid alot of money, but also is better to try to build a team as the franchise player without need to ring chase.

hawkfan
07-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Keep lyin to yourself Mr. salty:lol

You think the Hawks are worse this year than the Knicks?

Real14
07-12-2014, 01:12 PM
30 Million> Ring :applause:
Melo iz getting a ring bro. You act like he was gonna get ring with tha bulls with mental midget rose in his suit on tha sidlines?:lol Come on man stop hating, KNICKS ARE BACK!!!:applause:

sammichoffate
07-12-2014, 01:13 PM
No playoffs again.
Not good enough.Agreed, Cleveland's gonna vault all the way up. I don't see any other team from this year missing the playoffs other than maybe ATL or Brooklyn. Charlotte is a long shot.

sammichoffate
07-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Melo iz getting a ring bro. You act like he was gonna get ring with tha bulls with mental midget rose in his suit on tha sidlines?:lol Come on man stop hating, KNICKS ARE BACK!!!:applause:It doesn't have to be with Rose, it could've been with Dallas or Houston, hell Miami wants him :roll: You're higher than cloud nine right now if you think NY is going to be relevant. Your team literally protested games this season :lol

Real14
07-12-2014, 01:15 PM
You think the Hawks are worse this year than the Knicks?
um yes:oldlol: Tha hawks were lucky last season man, knicks will be better than tha hawks again just like 2013, and we have PHIL PHUCKING JACKSON man. You prolly shit in your pants once phil Jackson finish making brilliant moves before tha season starts:lol

Real14
07-12-2014, 01:18 PM
It doesn't have to be with Rose, it could've been with Dallas or Houston, hell Miami wants him :roll: You're higher than cloud nine right now if you think NY is going to be relevant. Your team literally protested games this season :lol
Melo, hardaway jr, focused j.r and phil Jackson's next brilliant moves of adding nice role players that we need to win a championship wont make us relevant?? you buggin hater:oldlol:

LoneyROY7
07-12-2014, 01:19 PM
F*cking Mallow, man.

sammichoffate
07-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Melo, hardaway jr, focused j.r and phil Jackson's next brilliant moves of adding nice role players that we need to win a championship wont make us relevant?? you buggin hater:oldlol:You got rid of Felton somehow, i'll give you that. Losing Chandler for Dalembert? That's a no no :lol JR is only focused on getting p**sy bro, don't know what you've been watching. You guys need to tank harder if you're gonna be decent. I'd like to know what kind of kush you're getting because it must be some high quality shit :lol

-Lebron23-
07-12-2014, 01:24 PM
So people criticize others for ring chasing, so now you are criticizing a franchise player for STAYING with his team? :hammerhead: Can you all make up your mind?

Props to Melo, even if he seriously considered leaving, and props to Bosh too. Sure they got paid alot of money, but also is better to try to build a team as the franchise player without need to ring chase.

Don't be cynical, loyalty has nothing to do with this :oldlol: We criticize Melo because he made sure during the last few months that we all heard about how he wanted to win and how money didn't matter for him yet he is returning to the team with the least chances of winning out of the 5 he considered.

I don't have a problem with a man taking the most lucrative offer, just don't pretend you are willing to sacrifice that when you are given the option to do so and flat out refuse to.

If he really liked NY, trusted Phil and wanted to give them a fair chance to win he would have taken less than the max a week ago and would be helping Phil recruite guys like Pau right now. Instead, he said 'fvck winning', pushed Phil to offer him the max and is now going to be stuck on a mediocre team for the rest of his prime years. No one will feel the least bad for him.

bagelred
07-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Don't be cynical, loyalty has nothing to do with this :oldlol: We criticize Melo because he made sure during the last few months that we all heard about how he wanted to win and how money didn't matter for him yet he is returning to the team with the least chances of winning out of the 5 he considered.

I don't have a problem with a man taking the most lucrative offer, just don't pretend you are willing to sacrifice that when you are given the option to do so and flat out refuse to.

If he really liked NY, trusted Phil and wanted to give them a fair chance to win he would have taken less than the max a week ago and would be helping Phil recruite guys like Pau right now. Instead, he said 'fvck winning', pushed Phil to offer him the max and is now going to be stuck on a mediocre team for the rest of his prime years. No one will feel the least bad for him.

You made alot of assumptions and predictions here where most of this is not based in reality.

tomtucker
07-12-2014, 01:26 PM
not jumping ship like a bitch...........:rockon: :applause:

Real14
07-12-2014, 01:28 PM
F*cking Mallow, man.
Phucking 3rd round virgins, man.

-Lebron23-
07-12-2014, 01:29 PM
You made alot of assumptions and predictions here where most of this is not based in reality.
What? Explain. You guys keep hoping the Knicks will be a contender with that 2015 magic masterplan, good luck with that.

LBJ4MVP23
07-12-2014, 01:29 PM
I think the issue for Melo is money and ego.

With or without Rose (who knows when this dude will play), the chance to play with a Noah-Gibson front court combo makes them VERY dangerous. Melo on the bulls without rose would still be a top 3 team imo and with Rose would challenge the Heat and Cavs in the east easily.

But NY? I have no idea what Phil has planned, I dont think its much, but we'll see. Melo on Bulls = best front court in the NBA with a potential top 5 PG if Rose is healthy. But then he would have to share the spotlight and take less cash.

FireMcFailPlease
07-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Melo iz getting a ring bro. You act like he was gonna get ring with tha bulls with mental midget rose in his suit on tha sidlines?:lol Come on man stop hating, KNICKS ARE BACK!!!:applause:
good lord hope you are somehow unable to vote for the president of our country.

TheMan
07-12-2014, 01:32 PM
MarshMelo is ALL about dat money. Enjoy staying ringless, fatboy, but then again, he don't really care so long as he keeps getting dem checks.

Real14
07-12-2014, 01:33 PM
You got rid of Felton somehow, i'll give you that. Losing Chandler for Dalembert? That's a no no :lol JR is only focused on getting p**sy bro, don't know what you've been watching. You guys need to tank harder if you're gonna be decent. I'd like to know what kind of kush you're getting because it must be some high quality shit :lol
You a certified dumbass. I said focused J.R like the one in 2013 right? Oh yea 6th man of tha damn year!:coleman: You think Dalembert is going to be one of our main players?:lol Shit that niguh might get traded or become 2nd string center for crying out loud:oldlol: Just stop hating and enjoy tha ride of tha knicks being back.:pimp:

Real14
07-12-2014, 01:36 PM
good lord hope you are somehow unable to vote for the president of our country.
Whats your problem bitch boy?:biggums: :confusedshrug: Yea I don't vote cuz voting really doesn't matter unless you're too dumb too understand dat:rolleyes:

sammichoffate
07-12-2014, 01:36 PM
You a certified dumbass. I said focused J.R like the one in 2013 right? Oh yea 6th man of tha damn year!:coleman: You think Dalembert is going to be one of our main players?:lol Shit that niguh might get traded or become 2nd string center for crying out loud:oldlol: Just stop hating and enjoy tha ride of tha knicks being back.:pimp:If he was gonna stay focused, he would've done it last year. Hell, he could've done it by not elbowing Terry in the mouth :oldlol: Congrats on still having Bargs as your main center then, Knicks aren't gonna do shit next year :lol

DaSeba5
07-12-2014, 01:38 PM
That was expected.

Real14
07-12-2014, 01:39 PM
If he was gonna stay focused, he would've done it last year.
Just like Lebron lamez being focused in tha 2014 nba finals right?:coleman: keep making yourself look stupid boy:lol

D-Rose
07-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Expected. Good for him, get yo $. He can help recruit a big name next summer. I think Marc Gasol is realistic w/ the Calderon connection. East is wide open.

sammichoffate
07-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Just like Lebron lamez being focused in tha 2014 nba finals right?:coleman: keep making yourself look stupid boy:lolYou literally just compared JR Smith to Lebron James. Idk how that mind functions in that blazed up head of yours :roll:

bagelred
07-12-2014, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE] Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-12-2014, 01:41 PM
East is wide open.
wide open for the Cavs to move through?

Real14
07-12-2014, 01:43 PM
wide open for the Cavs to move through?
And Tha knicks to move thru:banana:

Real14
07-12-2014, 01:44 PM
You literally just compared JR Smith to Lebron James. Idk how that mind functions in that blazed up head of yours :roll:
I guess my response went way over your head huh?:coleman:

bagelred
07-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Now the REAL question is...how do we get Lebron. :coleman: We'll have to figure something out...

alanLA92
07-12-2014, 01:54 PM

Took too long for a decision, teams moved on to other plans. He can continue to get 35 wins in the east. Lol

smoovegittar
07-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Expected. Good for him, get yo $. He can help recruit a big name next summer. I think Marc Gasol is realistic w/ the Calderon connection. East is wide open.
My thoughts. :applause:

smoovegittar
07-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Now the REAL question is...how do we get Lebron. :coleman: We'll have to figure something out...
Don't forget Kobe. He's signing, right?

DMAVS41
07-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Knicks could be interesting next year. They will probably be able to shed JR smith next summer and will have loads of cap space.

Melo/Calderon/Shumpert/Larkin/Hardaway is actually a pretty nice 5 to have going into next year.

Hardaway and Larkin should get a lot better this year as well.

If they added Marc Gasol and filled out the roster...or perhaps added two stars....that would be a dangerous team.

bagelred
07-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Don't forget Kobe. He's signing, right?

Well, that's just a given, obviously. Didn't need mentioning...

aboss4real24
07-12-2014, 02:01 PM
SO NOW MELO Is trash

MELO IS a ballhog

Melo is nothing but a overrated chucker

LMAO But wen ur team had a chance to get em He was a top 5 Player or atleast top 10

it was all good just a week ago http://imageshack.us/a/img837/9086/jayzbiglaugh2.png

smoovegittar
07-12-2014, 02:03 PM
SO NOW MELO Is trash

MELO IS a ballhog

LMAO But wen ur team had a chance to get em He was a top 5 Player or atleast top 10

it was all good just a week ago http://imageshack.us/a/img837/9086/jayzbiglaugh2.png
:roll: :roll: :roll:

J Shuttlesworth
07-12-2014, 02:04 PM
SO NOW MELO Is trash

MELO IS a ballhog

I'm liking this. aboss4real24 and Real14 showing everyone what's up on this forum :rockon:

Knicks014Champs
07-12-2014, 02:05 PM
East will be cakewalk. And once Melo hits the finals he will smell blood, his clutch gene will shine through, he will carry Knicks to a championship with one of the most final runs ever. Phil knows what he's doing :cheers:

Soundwave
07-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Knicks could be interesting next year. They will probably be able to shed JR smith next summer and will have loads of cap space.

Melo/Calderon/Shumpert/Larkin/Hardaway is actually a pretty nice 5 to have going into next year.

Hardaway and Larkin should get a lot better this year as well.

If they added Marc Gasol and filled out the roster...or perhaps added two stars....that would be a dangerous team.

"If they added two stars ... that would be a dangerous team" ... you could say that about virtually every team in the NBA, lol.

Easier said than done.

Real14
07-12-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm liking this. aboss4real24 and Real14 showing everyone what's up on this forum :rockon:
:applause:

alexd
07-12-2014, 02:10 PM
um yes:oldlol: Tha hawks were lucky last season man, knicks will be better than tha hawks again just like 2013, and we have PHIL PHUCKING JACKSON man. You prolly shit in your pants once phil Jackson finish making brilliant moves before tha season starts:lol

Lakers had Phil phucking Jackson and got swept by the mavs.the bottom line is you guys suck :cheers: Dat amare bargs Melo Calderon jr smith defense:lol 40 wins max this year

Knicks014Champs
07-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Yea Real14 one of the best posters on this board :cheers:

Milbuck
07-12-2014, 02:11 PM
LOL at Knicks fans thinking they have any shot at winning it all in the next few years :oldlol:

Melo is now the richest loser in the NBA.

Yea Real14 one of the best posters on this board :cheers::kobe:

DMAVS41
07-12-2014, 02:11 PM
"If they added two stars ... that would be a dangerous team" ... you could say that about virtually every team in the NBA, lol.

Easier said than done.

Yea, but the Knicks will have the cap space to do so while already having one of the 10 or so best players in the league.

So...uhhhhh...no, not every team can do that.

And they have some nice pieces in place already in Melo, Larkin, Shumpert, Calderon, and Hardaway.

This year will be nothing of note, but next year could be huge. Fisher and Phil and NY are going to be big draws along with loads of money.

It's now a good situation for the Knicks.