PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving vs Dwayne Wade

francesco totti
07-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Am talking 2014.. only 2014..
who u think is better right now?

VengefulAngel
07-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Dwyane Wade can put up better numbers than Kyrie. But Kyrie is better for Lebron.

Real Men Wear Green
07-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Wade is better for one game after he has good rest early in the season. Irving is better without rest and will be good to go come postseason barring a new injury. So the answer is Irving.

francesco totti
07-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Dwyane Wade can put up better numbers than Kyrie. But Kyrie is better for Lebron.

Kyrie can play more games as well..plus minutes..

Meticode
07-12-2014, 03:43 PM
I think I agree with this. I think overall especially when healthy Wade is still obviously the better player. He's a much better two-way player as well, but I also feel Irving fits better next to LeBron than Wade does. LeBron is absolutely the best player in the NBA who can get to the bucket. And the best thing to go with that is a shooter. Irving is exactly that and more who can drive to the hoop as well sometimes.

Like I said before. I would expect Irving's numbers to either stay the same or take a slight dip as far as averages are concerned, but I think he should be more efficient. In Mo Williams best season he shot 47% from the field, 44% from three, 91% from FT while giving 18/4/3. That's highly efficient.

jrong
07-12-2014, 03:47 PM
It's not fair to Kyrie to make the comparison. Kyrie is now a second option. Wade is a first (surrender the Bosh fantasy, peeps). Second options can not be fairly compared to first options.

Or what I've been saying for the past three years.

SamuraiSWISH
07-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Great, efficient post. Co-sign. I'm going to go into more detail though ...

Wade, next year will still be a better player than Kyrie probably every will be. Even with injuries, and age limiting him his ability or impact is much greater on the basketball court. Especially a motivated Wade, free of second option status.

Kyrie however is a much better fit for LeBron. Unlike Wade, he has a legit jump shot. Particularly from long range. Meaning LeBron can pound the rock, be the actual PG / Decision Maker, and Kyrie can still impact the game as a catch / shoot player.

Think about what 2007 LeBron did with Boobie Gibson? Kyrie is Boobie Gibson on massive amounts of PEDs, and steroids. I actually don't worry at all about their fit.

Wiggins either. He isn't great creating off the dribble, wasn't even comfortable with it in college. He gives me massive amounts of Pippen, BETA vibes. Doesn't like the attention, humble. He will flourish with the attention focused on Kyrie, and LeBron. He just needs to run the floor, slash the lane for passes from Bron or Kyrie, and use his insane length / hops to finish plays.

Wiggins will be LeBron's junior mints Pippen, if he molds him correctly. Same way Mike imprinted his DNA onto Scottie, making him a junior mints version of himself.

Now, if Cleveland manages to smartly move Waiters (a solid, above average SG) and Bennett for an established star, particularly a low block player but can also stretch the floor with his jumper as Bosh / Big Z did with LeBron before ... like say K. Love?

My lawd that Cleveland team is a dynasty in wait. Compliment of young, experience, vets. In LeBron's case a top five player all-time in his prime, not too young, yet not old? I shutter to think what a core of Irving / Wiggins / LeBron / Love ... with AV being a poor man's Joakim Noah could do out in the east.

And if for some odd reason one of those pieces around the core isn't working out, they can surely find a deal to dump them off.

Cleveland is going to have a very special team going forward, and have great karma surrounding them that I don't think existed in Miami with the big three all in their egotistical primes. This Cleveland team has an established hierarchy from the get go. A great new coach too. Next season will be interesting.

Cleveland fans deserve this IMO.

navy
07-12-2014, 03:53 PM
It's not fair to Kyrie to make the comparison. Kyrie is now a second option. Wade is a first (surrender the Bosh fantasy, peeps). Second options can not be fairly compared to first options.

Bold prediction: Wade will be better than Kyrie next season

francesco totti
07-12-2014, 03:54 PM

Can wade play as first option healthy? Can he log in 38 minutes a game.. can he play 70 games a season?
I think it will be more of bosh team..then wade one next year..

RedBlackAttack
07-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Bold prediction: Wade will be better than Kyrie next season
It's really not that bold. Kyrie will still be among the three youngest starting PGs in the NBA next season. He was the youngest in the league last year until Trey Burke began starting for Utah.

Was Wade still at Marquette when he was Kyrie's age? I'm at work and can't look it up atm.

Meticode
07-12-2014, 04:04 PM
It's really not that bold. Kyrie will still be among the three youngest starting PGs in the NBA next season. He was the youngest in the league last year until Trey Burke began starting for Utah.

Was Wade still at Marquette when he was Kyrie's age? I'm at work and can't look it up atm.
Damn, I didn't even realize the age. I knew he was 19 coming in, just feel like he's older since he'll be starting his 4th season already in 3-4 months.

RedBlackAttack
07-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Damn, I didn't even realize the age. I knew he was 19 coming in, just feel like he's older since he'll be starting his 4th season already in 3-4 months.
It is really easy to forget just how young Kyrie Irving is, which is why a lot of people casting stones at him constantly need to take a step back.

Kyrie is younger than Shabazz Napier. True story. By about 8 months I think.

Meticode
07-12-2014, 04:10 PM
It is really easy to forget just how young Kyrie Irving is, which is why a lot of people casting stones at him constantly need to take a step back.

Kyrie is younger than Shabazz Napier. True story. By about 8 months I think.
:oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
07-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Wade is better, but Kyrie should be able to take some of the load off LeBron whereas Wade needs LeBron to carry the load because of his knees

Nash
07-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Kyrie=Better fit
Wade=Better player

konex
07-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Kyrie when healthy has been better than Wade the last 2 years

Godzuki
07-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Wade

but i'd take Kyrie between them easy

i swear Wade puts in way too much effort to score where it can't last much longer

DukeDelonte13
07-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Depends on the day if you ask me. Some nights vintage Wade makes an appearance.

Wally450
07-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Kyrie would put up better numbers with similar lineups. Kyrie is better right now.

lilgodfather1
07-12-2014, 04:30 PM
In terms of playing off of LeBron, Irving is the obvious answer. The LeBron formula has always been shooters, Kyrie is a good shooter, Wade is not.

I'm not convinced that Wade will be better than Irving next year. I don't know how much he has left in the tank. It is kind of sad that he is so young, and the wheels have effectively fallen off the bus.

ZHAKIDD532
07-12-2014, 06:44 PM
If they were both 100% healthy it would be Wade. But Kyrie played 71 games last year compared to Wade's 54. And Wade's arrow is pointing down while Kyrie's is up. So I think Kyrie is more productive next year based on that.

Heatles201
07-12-2014, 06:47 PM
How is Kyrie catch and shoot game? i happened to see an article where he ranked low out of all guards, But i haven't seen him alot does anyone know?