PDA

View Full Version : So now that LeBron is on the Cavs, are the East/West even more imbalanced?

J Shuttlesworth
07-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Before, we had 3 stars in the East on one team, and they went to the finals four times and beat the West twice.

Now, we likely have Bosh/Wade on the same team, and then LeBron on a different team. Neither of those teams are championship contenders, yet (maybe if the Cavs get Love)

So here are the main teams in the East:

Pacers (lol)
Cavs
Heat
Bulls
Knicks?

Be realistic. Are any of these teams even contenders for a chip? How could one of these teams beat the best team in the West whether it's Clippers, Thunder, Spurs? Now that the East doesn't have a powerhouse, do they even have a legit contender? Or will the finals be another snorefest?

I suppose if Rose is healthy and playing well, they could be a finals team, but not necessarily a championship team.

Rose'sACL
07-12-2014, 08:37 PM
East is better now because that is what ish wanted. CAVS just won the east and lost to spurs only because it was rigged. How much help does Bron need?
/s

TiagoSimoes
07-12-2014, 08:58 PM
lbj leaving miami and love possibily joining too, does make the east more balanced, but it still sucks.

bulls(with healthy rose:oldlol: ), pacers(?), and the cavs(with love) are all good/great teams who can give trouble to the best of the west, but i still think that whoever comes out of the west wins this season

J Shuttlesworth
07-12-2014, 08:59 PM
lbj leaving miami and love possibily joining too, does make the east more balanced, but it still sucks.

I was actually thinking more about the balance between east vs. west. The west has like 4 real contenders, and the East has.... 0? Not sure what to make of it

Lebronxrings
07-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Before, we had 3 stars in the East on one team, and they went to the finals four times and beat the West twice.

Now, we likely have Bosh/Wade on the same team, and then LeBron on a different team. Neither of those teams are championship contenders, yet (maybe if the Cavs get Love)

So here are the main teams in the East:

Pacers (lol)
Cavs
Heat
Bulls
Knicks?

Be realistic. Are any of these teams even contenders for a chip? How could one of these teams beat the best team in the West whether it's Clippers, Thunder, Spurs? Now that the East doesn't have a powerhouse, do they even have a legit contender? Or will the finals be another snorefest?

I suppose if Rose is healthy and playing well, they could be a finals team, but not necessarily a championship team.
Dude the east is pretty good, stop sucking Western cawk.
Pacers- had best record and looked like best team at one point. They went on a bad run and stumbled quite a bit.

Heat- Even with lebron gone, they can sign some decent pieces to replace him. Mcroberts and granger are already improvements so they should help.

Cavs - lebron, best player ever, the GOAT (nuff said)

Bulls- signed pau gasol and have derrick rose coming back. With no boozer, they should have more of a balanced team.

Knicks- Knicks now have phil running the team for a full season. There are already trade rumours on him so eventually he'll make the move needed. Melo aint too stupid to stay with doing nothing for a chip.

Raptors - once they traded gay, they were on pace for 60 wins. With their main cast back and improvements, they should be even better.

Wizards- have their main pieces back. Last year was a learning year, where they should be much better now.

nets - improved with an actual coach in hollins. They are making moves and are still big time.

You cattle in this forum need to grow up and stop being ignorant. The west and east are basically equally balanced, only lebron haters keep bashing the east, just cuz how hard he beats them.

NuggetsFan
07-12-2014, 09:08 PM
I'd sell my soul for the Nuggets to play in the Eastern Conference next season. West is going to be a shit show yet again.

LeBron going to Cleveland helps tho. Cleveland should be a elite team next season, and if Wade is relatively healthy the Miami should remain a really solid team as well. One team that was a lock for the finals became two good teams, should make things more competitive.

I think Love going to the Cavs could make a big difference. That would remove Minny from playoff contention in the West and make Cleveland even better.

Droid101
07-12-2014, 09:09 PM
You cattle in this forum need to grow up and stop being ignorant. The west and east are basically equally balanced, only lebron haters keep bashing the east, just cuz how hard he beats them.
You know, facts are real, right?

East best teams were 56 wins, 54 wins, 48 wins and 48 wins. 8th playoff seed had 43 wins.

West best teams were 62 wins, 59 wins, 57 wins, and 54 wins. 8th playoff seed had 49 wins.

East worst teams were 15 wins, 19 wins, 23 wins and 25 wins.

West worst teams were 25 wins, 27 wins 28 wins and 34 wins.

Guess what? East was historically bad last year. And the trend will continue.

Rubio2Gasol
07-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Cavs have one of the best assortment of talents in best in NBA history.

Jameerthefear
07-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Why are people still putting shit-tier teams like the Knicks and Pacers over the Raptors?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-12-2014, 09:14 PM
I'd sell my soul for the Nuggets to play in the Eastern Conference next season. West is going to be a shit show yet again.

lol "shit show" is actually a negative connotation.

So if by "shit show", you mean crapshoot, then yes, the West will be as unpredicatble as ever next season.

TiagoSimoes
07-12-2014, 09:21 PM
I was actually thinking more about the balance between east vs. west. The west has like 4 real contenders, and the East has.... 0? Not sure what to make of it

hmm in my opinion, yes the east has less of a chance of winning this year than they had last year, because even with love, i think 2014heat>cavs because of the lack of defensive players on the cavs.

but bosh staying and keeping miami as a playoff team, lbj to cavs, rose hopefully heathy along with the signing of gasol, knicks keeping melo, and the expected improvement on teams like toronto and the wizards, the east will probably be better overall, and in the long run too, rather have that than just 1 super team.

but ye, LAC OKC and SAS on paper are definetly better than whatever the East can throw at them, especially okc and sas

NuggetsFan
07-12-2014, 09:23 PM
lol "shit show" is actually a negative connotation.

So if by "shit show", you mean crapshoot, then yes, the West will be as unpredicatble as ever next season.

Shit show means like craziness, wild, chaotic etc? "That party last night was a shit show". Atleast how I've used it/people I've known but could be really wrong as it's not something I use often :lol slang fail I guess.

Anyways yeah I meant crapshoot. Extremely deep and competitive. Some team is going to get really shafted at 9th.

Beastmode88
07-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Dude the east is pretty good, stop sucking Western cawk.
Pacers- had best record and looked like best team at one point. They went on a bad run and stumbled quite a bit.

Heat- Even with lebron gone, they can sign some decent pieces to replace him. Mcroberts and granger are already improvements so they should help.

Cavs - lebron, best player ever, the GOAT (nuff said)

Bulls- signed pau gasol and have derrick rose coming back. With no boozer, they should have more of a balanced team.

Knicks- Knicks now have phil running the team for a full season. There are already trade rumours on him so eventually he'll make the move needed. Melo aint too stupid to stay with doing nothing for a chip.

Raptors - once they traded gay, they were on pace for 60 wins. With their main cast back and improvements, they should be even better.

Wizards- have their main pieces back. Last year was a learning year, where they should be much better now.

nets - improved with an actual coach in hollins. They are making moves and are still big time.

didnt this joker make a east vs west thread and used the playoff exhibition game as a good judgement saying it was a close game hence east are just as good? :roll: :roll:

Lebronxrings
07-12-2014, 10:03 PM
You know, facts are real, right?

East best teams were 56 wins, 54 wins, 48 wins and 48 wins. 8th playoff seed had 43 wins.

West best teams were 62 wins, 59 wins, 57 wins, and 54 wins. 8th playoff seed had 49 wins.

East worst teams were 15 wins, 19 wins, 23 wins and 25 wins.

West worst teams were 25 wins, 27 wins 28 wins and 34 wins.

Guess what? East was historically bad last year. And the trend will continue.
here are some things you need to consider:
nets had the best record after the new year. They started out bad since they were a new team.
raps started terrible with rudy, and after trading him, became on pace for a near 60 win team.
heat had to rest wade for alot of games during the season. With wade, they're a 60 win team.
pacers collapsed in the end. Without the collapse they were considered the best team and were supposed to "Beat the heat"
Bulls had rose coming back from injury, adjusting to his style of play after a year; later when he got injured they were talks of considering to tank but later went through with trying to contend.

I'm not disputing whether the west is better than the east. I'm tired of people acting like the east is a dleague place for inferior players.

Lebronxrings
07-12-2014, 10:17 PM
didnt this joker make a east vs west thread and used the playoff exhibition game as a good judgement saying it was a close game hence east are just as good? :roll: :roll:
It proved the east have players who on at least the same level.