PDA

View Full Version : The Hypocrisy of Lebron James

BallsOut
07-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Lebron says it will be a long process to get the Cavs a championship, but he doesn't want to commit beyond 1 year. Dude has an opt out clause next summer just in case it's too hard. Sounds like 2010 all over again. When the going gets tough and things look bleak in Cleveland, Lebron takes his talents to South Beach

2 days ago...

"I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010" - James

1 day later...

Lebron signs 2 year deal with option to opt out after first year (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/cavaliers/2014/07/12/lebron-james-contract-two-years-cleveland-cavs/12578491/)

:biggums:

ZenMaster
07-12-2014, 09:53 PM
More than likely it has something to do with the years and how he probably want at least another 7 years at max if he can set it up.

Not going to look into it but I suspect if he signed a 5 year now he'd fall for the age restriction of 30something year olds that aren't eligible for more than a 2 year contract.

J Shuttlesworth
07-12-2014, 09:54 PM
2nd year opt out because of the rumors of increasing salary cap

PickernRoller
07-12-2014, 09:57 PM
http://www.hypun.com/lollibs/meme_thumb_l/41088320.jpg

NumberSix
07-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Cap flexibility.

ZenMaster
07-12-2014, 10:06 PM
2nd year opt out because of the rumors of increasing salary cap

It's a business projection and not rumors as they do it through a formula.

Except for max contracts, they stay the same because of very smart negotiating by the owners.

BallsOut
07-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Cap flexibility.

You don't see Melo signing for 2 years. He's actually committed to NY and to Phil Jackson for the long term.

Bron is all talk though. When the going gets tough, count on him to ringchase wherever he can to give him the best chances of winning a ring.

Meticode
07-12-2014, 10:54 PM
You don't see Melo signing for 2 years. He's actually committed to NY and to Phil Jackson for the long term.

Bron is all talk though. When the going gets tough, count on him to ringchase wherever he can to give him the best chances of winning a ring.
Yes, because he has a better chance of winning rings simply switching from a 4 Finals repeat contender to a 33 win team last season. The hating.

BallsOut
07-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Yes, because he has a better chance of winning rings simply switching from a 4 Finals repeat contender to a 33 win team last season. The hating.

Let's hear you defend his 1 year contract with Cleveland after claiming to be "committed" to Cleveland for the long term.

Apparently, denial ain't just a river in Egypt

DonDadda59
07-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Bitch Move flexibility.

Fixed. :cheers:

Meticode
07-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Let's hear you defend his 1 year contract with Cleveland after claiming to be "committed" to Cleveland for the long term.

See, I call you out on that and you automatically switch topics to something else related to him. You nor I don't know what he's doing. I can only assume he's going to retire a Cavalier. You're assuming the worst. He could opt out and take less money to bring in someone else or give the organization more flexibility, he could opt out and resign/reconstruct his contract because the TV deal or estimation isn't what they thought the cap would be in 2016, or he could leave. I don't know. Either way it goes down I hope you shut your mouth about it and stop bitching.

Congrat-u-****in-lations being a debbie downer. :applause:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-12-2014, 11:18 PM

CBA is changing...Cap is expected to rise as is the value of a max deal..

BallsOut
07-12-2014, 11:28 PM
CBA is changing...Cap is expected to rise as is the value of a max deal..

That's a load of crap. Melo didn't sign a 2 year max deal. Bosh didn't sign a 2 year max deal. You and I both know the real reason Lebron elected to have that opt out after 1 year. Same reason he chose to elect it this offseason.

C'mon son :coleman:

BallsOut
07-12-2014, 11:30 PM
See, I call you out on that and you automatically switch topics to something else related to him. You nor I don't know what he's doing. I can only assume he's going to retire a Cavalier. You're assuming the worst. He could opt out and take less money to bring in someone else or give the organization more flexibility, he could opt out and resign/reconstruct his contract because the TV deal or estimation isn't what they thought the cap would be in 2016, or he could leave. I don't know. Either way it goes down I hope you shut your mouth about it and stop bitching.

Congrat-u-****in-lations being a debbie downer. :applause:

Except, the topic you claim I switch to is the exact topic of this thread. Learn how to read before you start hating on someone else.

:applause:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-12-2014, 11:31 PM
That's a load of crap. Melo didn't sign a 2 year max deal. Bosh didn't sign a 2 year max deal. You and I both know the real reason he elected to have that opt out after 1 year.

Those guys didn't do it because they don't want to take the risk of losing out on $..Bosh is not gonna get a max 2 years from now at 32 and neither will Melo...but lebron will.

You're seriously a moron if you think he'll leave again...it would be disastrous to his image...

BallsOut
07-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Those guys didn't do it because they don't want to take the risk of losing out on $..Bosh is not gonna get a max 2 years from now at 32 and neither will Melo...but lebron will.

You're seriously a moron if you think he'll leave again...it would be disastrous to his image...

Lebron can opt out and be a free agent after this season. Learn how to read idiot.

Bosh and Melo could both easily get max 5 year contracts starting next season if they were free agents. But unlike Lebron, they actually have the balls to commit long term to a team.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Lebron can opt out and be a free agent after this season. Learn how to read idiot.

Bosh and Melo could both easily get max 5 year contracts starting next season if they were free agents. But unlike Lebron, they actually have the balls to commit long term to a team.
No..Lebron probably took the 1 year opt out in case the Cavs need cap flexibilty..he probably won't opt out after 1 year..

Melo and Bosh COULD get max deals next seasons but they could also get a career ending injury...You take the max years and $ when you can usually...LeBron is just confident he'll get a max in 1 year or 2 or whenever..

Do you seriously think there is a chance he leaves? His letter mentioned a long process and finishing his career in Cleveland..There is no real chance he leaves

BallsOut
07-12-2014, 11:43 PM
No..Lebron probably took the 1 year opt out in case the Cavs need cap flexibilty..he probably won't opt out after 1 year..

Melo and Bosh COULD get max deals next seasons but they could also get a career ending injury...You take the max years and $ when you can usually...LeBron is just confident he'll get a max in 1 year or 2 or whenever..

Do you seriously think there is a chance he leaves? His letter mentioned a long process and finishing his career in Cleveland..There is no real chance he leaves

You sound like clingy Cleveland fans in the summer of 2010.

Or the shocked and appalled Heat fans in the summer of 2014.

Oh wait didn't Lebron also bail on his team during those summers?

You know that saying? History tends to repeat itself. Traitors can't be trusted.

The-Legend-24
07-12-2014, 11:48 PM
That's a load of crap. Melo didn't sign a 2 year max deal. Bosh didn't sign a 2 year max deal. You and I both know the real reason Lebron elected to have that opt out after 1 year. Same reason he chose to elect it this offseason.

Exactly.

Nikka is a straight up beta. Watch this fakkit leave again. :oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-12-2014, 11:50 PM

You know that saying? History tends to repeat itself. Traitors can't be trusted.

No I thought there was a chance of him leaving both in 2010 and 2014 (only for Cleveland really)...but there is no chance he leaves again within 2 years...None

Meticode
07-12-2014, 11:53 PM
No I thought there was a chance of him leaving both in 2010 and 2014 (only for Cleveland really)...but there is no chance he leaves again within 2 years...None
Brick walls are hard to talk to man.

HEAT111
07-13-2014, 12:12 AM
One of the things I felt awkward about. If he had planned joining forces with Wade and Bosh before the Decision...when that happened he was already planning to go back to Cleveland...geez. He's probably already planning where to go after the two-year contract expires or opts out after the first season.

GimmeThat
07-13-2014, 12:21 AM
even business decisions take two sides for it to work

so while it's a feel good story and all.
Gilbert needs to be a grown man himself and make decisions on what is best for his team. and it's safe to say that he simply wasn't sold on Lebron's vision off of that essay/article.

Angel Face
07-13-2014, 12:26 AM
Lebron says it will be a long process to get the Cavs a championship, but he doesn't want to commit beyond 1 year. Dude has an opt out clause next summer just in case it's too hard. Sounds like 2010 all over again. When the going gets tough and things look bleak in Cleveland, Lebron takes his talents to South Beach

2 days ago...

"I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010" - James

1 day later...

Lebron signs 2 year deal with option to opt out after first year (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/cavaliers/2014/07/12/lebron-james-contract-two-years-cleveland-cavs/12578491/)

:biggums:

:roll:

He is trying out for teams to see who has better chance of going to the Finals. If the Cavs fail to do it in 2 years... I bet he goes back to Miami or some team that has a big chance of being a contender. What a *****.

dude77
07-13-2014, 01:27 AM
His letter mentioned

since when does his word mean anything ? .. some of you are just in denial I guess

LBJFTW
07-13-2014, 01:42 AM

And the first decision wasn't? He doesn't have anything too lose. It's already been lost.

LBJFTW
07-13-2014, 01:44 AM

I agree and approve of this message.:applause: