PDA

View Full Version : With LeBron essentially on a 1-year deal, Cavs SHOULD trade Wiggins for Love TODAY

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2014, 09:50 PM
I mean, it's beyond obvious what they need to do. They don't even have till the trade deadline to get Love. They need to do the deal ASAP, get Love into the fold as soon as possible and start to grow as a team.

LeBron has put the Cavs under the gun for immediate results, and I frankly have no problem with this. LeBron wants to play with Love more than Wiggins. Time to make this move and get the team gelling together. I'm glad LeBrom has basically told the Cavs and their fan base that he has no inclination to use the rest of his career for player development. Cavs fan base has a notorious history of thinking unproven youth is the holy grail of basketball success.

Make this move NOW.

Spaulding
07-12-2014, 09:52 PM
They will get Love without trading Wiggins, dont worry. In the end Cleveland is the highest bidder for Love and that's what he prefers also. 3 team deal involving Warriors will send Love to Cleveland.

Embers
07-12-2014, 09:52 PM
He has done the exact opposite. LeBron said he doesnt expect to compete for the title next year.

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2014, 09:56 PM
He has done the exact opposite. LeBron said he doesnt expect to compete for the title next year.
That's not what he said.

I debated making this thread because fact so many of you argue against the obvious is really hard for me to deal with. You 2K GMs have no idea what you're talking about. The objective is clear and LeBron waiting for a 19 year old Wiggins to shoot for 42% for the next three years is not part of it.

Inferno
07-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Come to the Warriors, Love you ****er

Smook A.
07-12-2014, 09:59 PM
There's already trade talks between Cavs/Warriors/Wolves

Wolves get - Klay Thompson & Tristan Thompson
Warriors get - Multiple 1st round picks
Cavaliers get - Kevin Love

They can potentially get Love without trading Wiggins.

NumberSix
07-12-2014, 10:00 PM

If GSW wasn't willing to trade Klay for Love, why would they do it for picks?

alanLA92
07-12-2014, 10:03 PM

So they won't give Klay up for Love but for picks not to mention help another team get Love? :hammerhead:

Yankstar
07-12-2014, 10:05 PM

Like the 76ers all about player development and rebuilding... endless rebuilding
:roll:

Inferno
07-12-2014, 10:05 PM

yeah not happening

FO would rather keep Klay then pay him 15 million next year

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2014, 10:08 PM

I don't really care if Wiggins stays or goes. With Love in the fold, he's just not part of the equation for the Cavs immediagely winning at a high level.

Is not LeBron makmg this clear? He left Wiggins name out of letter for a reason.

Cavs fans infatuation with Wiggins when they have LeBron is immensely perplexing to me. You all are convincing yourself that Wiggins is a SG, LeBron's 'Pippen', etc... is just, just, too confusing for me. Wiggins is a solid prospect but he won't be the reason the Cavs win a championship within the next three years. Love will.

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2014, 10:09 PM
yeah not happening

FO would rather keep Klay then pay him 15 million next year
They rather pay Klay 13+ mill than Love 15 mill??? :roll:

PotOdds
07-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Seriously, Love to Cleveland needs to happen. I don't care about LeBron haters or lovers. It's about seeing amazing basketball. Love and Bron with shooters would be a different type of bball than the Miami Heat. Perhaps more grind and pound than fast break. Always thought Bron was a hybrid Jordan/Karl Malone type rather than the next Jordan. Him, Love and Varejao would absolutely soak up a ton of rebounds.

But keeping Wiggins is important. Outstanding defensive player. Can only get better. Perfect complement to the type of championship type team LeBron prototyped at Miami. Elite defensive wins games.

JtotheIzzo
07-12-2014, 11:07 PM
I don't really care if Wiggins stays or goes. With Love in the fold, he's just not part of the equation for the Cavs immediagely winning at a high level.

Is not LeBron makmg this clear? He left Wiggins name out of letter for a reason.

Cavs fans infatuation with Wiggins when they have LeBron is immensely perplexing to me. You all are convincing yourself that Wiggins is a SG, LeBron's 'Pippen', etc... is just, just, too confusing for me. Wiggins is a solid prospect but he won't be the reason the Cavs win a championship within the next three years. Love will.

Well, firstly this:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/07/source_andrew_wiggins_assured.html

Secondly, Wiggins will contribute a lot straight away, and it is dumb to think otherwise. Look what Leonard brought to the Spurs, youth, exuberance, defense, running etc. Wiggins can do so much more than that. The kid is going to be awesome, he was too scrutinized this year and the run up to the draft, he is like a young Dominique Wilkins who is a lock down defender with a better jumpshot, trading him for an injury risk of a player to make a run immediately is reckless.

Getting love for some of the other disposable pieces (4s and Waiters) is smart GM'ing.

BTW players won't mention rookies in those types of letters so LeBron is not dissing Wiggins he is just being a vet. I am guessing LeBron wants Wiggins there almost more than anyone else.

PleezeBelieve
07-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Well, firstly this:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/07/source_andrew_wiggins_assured.html

Secondly, Wiggins will contribute a lot straight away, and it is dumb to think otherwise. Look what Leonard brought to the Spurs, youth, exuberance, defense, running etc. Wiggins can do so much more than that. The kid is going to be awesome, he was too scrutinized this year and the run up to the draft, he is like a young Dominique Wilkins who is a lock down defender with a better jumpshot, trading him for an injury risk of a player to make a run immediately is reckless.

Getting love for some of the other disposable pieces (4s and Waiters) is smart GM'ing.

BTW players won't mention rookies in those types of letters so LeBron is not dissing Wiggins he is just being a vet. I am guessing LeBron wants Wiggins there almost more than anyone else.
Blah... blah... Wiggins can't shoot. How does that complement LeBrom, especially those of you who think he's a SG? :oldlol:

SHAQisGOAT
07-12-2014, 11:22 PM
I agree, Cavs gotta make the push for Love, even if it's "giving out" Wiggins... I'd prefer to see Love with the Warriors though.

PieceOfFelt
07-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Come to the Warriors, Love you ****er

Love is white.

FireMcFailPlease
07-12-2014, 11:37 PM
God I just love the delusion from Cleveland now that LeBron is with them. Wiggins was available before the start but without a commitment from love..now that he committed and LeBron signed..Wiggins is the next pippen and untouchable. You ishiots who think that way still learn that aw will be a wolf if they want anything to do sigh love and contending this year

PejaNowitzki
07-12-2014, 11:47 PM
So they won't give Klay up for Love but for picks not to mention help another team get Love? :hammerhead:

Homer logic.

Cavs fans in just one day are becoming almost as bad as Lakers fans.

"Nah bro, nah, check this out, we'll trade a handful of scrubs for every top player in the league and all the other teams will happily cooperate."

JtotheIzzo
07-13-2014, 01:11 AM
Blah... blah...

Gay A's response to logic.:oldlol:

GimmeThat
07-13-2014, 01:15 AM
well, I don't know how the Cleveland fan would feel about this.
they seem to embrace the idea of players sticking around for the long haul despite of team record.

I thought the surprise element of Lebron going back to Cleveland had been countered by the team and him agreed on essentially a 1 year deal with the option on the 2nd year.

trading Wiggins for Love, will just end up leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

the history of their relationship matters here.

RedBlackAttack
07-13-2014, 01:24 AM
I mean, it's beyond obvious what they need to do. They don't even have till the trade deadline to get Love. They need to do the deal ASAP, get Love into the fold as soon as possible and start to grow as a team.

LeBron has put the Cavs under the gun for immediate results, and I frankly have no problem with this. LeBron wants to play with Love more than Wiggins. Time to make this move and get the team gelling together. I'm glad LeBrom has basically told the Cavs and their fan base that he has no inclination to use the rest of his career for player development. Cavs fan base has a notorious history of thinking unproven youth is the holy grail of basketball success.

Make this move NOW.
Oh stop. :oldlol:

It is being reported far and wide that LeBron contract has everything to do with the impending change in the CBA agreement, which will likely include a much more even share of revenue with the players when it comes to things like television rights than what currently exists.

And, even if everyone is lying and the real reason is that he plans on bolting at the first sign of trouble, that is all the more reason not to ditch a guy who has the potential to be a great player in this league for the next 10-15 years.

There should be a delicate balance of making the roster championship-ready, but also keeping an eye on the longterm sustainability of that kind of success. Moving Wiggins would throw the balance totally off kilter. There's no reason for it.

If Minnesota is unwilling to deal with the team that can offer them the most simply because they want a guy on our roster who isn't available, that's their loss. Let them take the scraps other teams are throwing them... or get nothing at all when he walks away 362 days from today.

Sarcastic
07-13-2014, 01:31 AM
Agree with PB on this one. Cavs need to do whatever it takes to get Love. They need to win now, and not wait for a prospect to develop.

LeBron left once. He will leave again for the right opportunity.

joeysms55
07-13-2014, 01:32 AM
It will be stupid for Wolves to not trade Love even without involving Wiggins just Bennett and Waiters + 1st round picks or else, Love will wake away in the free agency and they get nothing

Sarcastic
07-13-2014, 01:36 AM
It will be stupid for Wolves to not trade Love even without involving Wiggins just Bennett and Waiters + 1st round picks or else, Love will wake away in the free agency and they get nothing

Wolves can get better than that, quite easily.

fpliii
07-13-2014, 01:41 AM
I'm going to be honest, I don't know what you guys should do.

Love is tremendous now, and he might be better today than the player Wiggins will someday be. But he might not be, and that player could be a monster. He should be able to contribute defensively from day 1.

I do think the Cavs have to try and make every deal possible (aside from Kyrie, LeBron, Wiggins) for Love first. Once those possibilities are exhausted, there's a very tough decision to make. A legitimately franchise-altering decision, that will almost certainly make a difference in this team's ability to contend for one or more titles.

I'm just happy I'm not the one who has to make it. :oldlol: There's going to be a ton of second guessing either way. Fortunately though, unless Wiggins is a complete bust or Love gets hurt (and it's like a Walton/Sampson/Rose thing) right away, I don't think the wrong decision hurts you *that* much.

BrownEye007
07-13-2014, 01:43 AM
Like who?

fpliii
07-13-2014, 01:44 AM
Depends. What if Love refuses to commit to extend (or outright states that he will not extend) with any non-Cavs team? What are teams willing to offer if they don't know if he's going to be on the roster in one year's time?

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but it's a very weird situation. I support players' rights to choose their teams in free agency 100%, however it does bother me that a guy can force his team's hand to extent that he can. While under contract, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with a guy having that much pull/power.

RedBlackAttack
07-13-2014, 01:50 AM
Agree with PB on this one. Cavs need to do whatever it takes to get Love. They need to win now, and not wait for a prospect to develop.

LeBron left once. He will leave again for the right opportunity.
And, if he does, we'll still have an excellent young core of players to make the future potentially very bright. The logic being used seems to favor keeping Wiggins, not trading him.

And, the Cavs have allegedly been completely assured that this contract situation is all about the next CBA, not about him leaving in a year. That seems sort of silly, especially after reading the essay he released upon arrival. In it, he explicitly said that this is going to likely be a long process that will involve a lot of patience.

Does that sound like a guy who is going to break for the border a year from now? Or two years from now?

Beyond that, the Timberwolves would be incredibly foolish to pass up on the other offers the Cavs can potentially make, which will almost certainly be far more than anyone else could give them. They simply have no leverage to demand we give them a player who is not being made available.

If they want to take someone else's lesser deal just out of spite for us not wanting to trade Andrew freaking Wiggins, then so be it. We still have plenty of ammunition to make this roster both a short-term threat while not sabotaging the future of the franchise.

Wiggins and Kyrie are the future. Hell, they may also be the present. I'm not expecting Wiggins to be as good as Love out of the gates, but the kid can play and he's going to help right off the bat, especially defensively.

RedBlackAttack
07-13-2014, 01:53 AM
Like who?
Right. I'd like to see the list of offers they've received. It doesn't seem to me teams are exactly beating their door down. Hell, the Warriors have refused to include Klay Thompson in any trade talks. And, Klay Thompson and Waiters had similar production last season.

You can't always get a guy just because you really want him. The Timberwolves want Wiggins. We know. They aren't getting him. Time to move on from that idea.

LBJFTW
07-13-2014, 01:56 AM
So would love still want to come to Cleveland if Bron wasn't there?
Why trade wiggins? If bron leaves after a year you are going to be left with Kyrie and Love while Wiggins becomes #1 in the league by 2018. That's just stupid. Either get Love and keep wiggins or let Love go lose in some other city.

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 03:12 AM
And, if he does, we'll still have an excellent young core of players to make the future potentially very bright. The logic being used seems to favor keeping Wiggins, not trading him.

And, the Cavs have allegedly been completely assured that this contract situation is all about the next CBA, not about him leaving in a year. That seems sort of silly, especially after reading the essay he released upon arrival. In it, he explicitly said that this is going to likely be a long process that will involve a lot of patience.

Does that sound like a guy who is going to break for the border a year from now? Or two years from now?

Beyond that, the Timberwolves would be incredibly foolish to pass up on the other offers the Cavs can potentially make, which will almost certainly be far more than anyone else could give them. They simply have no leverage to demand we give them a player who is not being made available.

If they want to take someone else's lesser deal just out of spite for us not wanting to trade Andrew freaking Wiggins, then so be it. We still have plenty of ammunition to make this roster both a short-term threat while not sabotaging the future of the franchise.

Wiggins and Kyrie are the future. Hell, they may also be the present. I'm not expecting Wiggins to be as good as Love out of the gates, but the kid can play and he's going to help right off the bat, especially defensively.

Honest question, has the last few days cleanse all the wrongdoings Lebron has done to Cleveland in the past? Has it erased your memory? Out of all posters, I would not expect you to have stooped to this level. Not ever and especially not this soon.

Yes it does sound like Lebron. After all, he's already done it twice. To two different franchises, one of them happening to be the very one you can't phantom seeing him leave.

It's quite simple actually. All Lebron had to do was sign he 4/5 year max contract with Cleveland if he was really committed for the long term. The BS you're hearing about the cap in the media is a fake coverup for the real underlying reason: James is bailing when things go south in Cleveland.

Just like he did in 2010. History has a way of repeating itself. I just hope this time that you Cavs fans will see it from day 1 instead of mindlessly supporting a quitter like James and chucking away all your young talent to appease his demands. The opt out is after 1 season. It's so dam obvious. No other big name free agent signed a 1 year max with an opt out immediately after. Not Melo, not Bosh. Those are the guys that actually committed to the team long term.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-13-2014, 03:20 AM
Honest question, has the last few days cleanse all the wrongdoings Lebron has done to Cleveland in the past? Has it erased your memory? Out of all posters, I would not expect you to have stooped to this level. Not ever and especially not this soon.

Okay so let's assume LeBron is 100% selfish and doesn't truly give a **** about the Cavs/Ohio....Why would he leave?

Money - He's getting a blank check from every team in the league...and considering how badly his image would be DESTROYED if he left again after 1/2 years he wouldn't make any more money off endorsements...

Legacy - If he left cleveland again after 1/2 years his legacy would be destroyed..plus considering that wiggins/irving/thompson/bennett/waiters or Love if they get him would all be either hitting their prime or close to doing so he would have to be an idiot to think he could go to a better team

Living situation/family - He spends his off-seasons in Akron...His friends/family live in ohio..

There is NO chance he leaves again after 2 years...

RedBlackAttack
07-13-2014, 03:20 AM

I have not "stooped" to any level. The situation has been explained by me in depth in various threads over the past week. I feel like I've made the mixed feelings very clear and what led to my decision to remain a Cavs fan despite some past issues I had with James.

I'll never be his No. 1 fan, but I'm also not such a vindictive person that I'm going to stop being a fan of the team I've been a diehard supporter of, which includes seeing live many times each year with family and friends, because he made some very public mistakes that he now cops to.

If you thought I was so bitter that it was enough for me to turn my back on the Cavs, you were wrong. And, I didn't know how I would handle it until the time actually came. When it did, I had to evaluate.

I'll still fight and scrap for the Cavs. James is now a Cavalier again. There are still some issues that I'll probably always have with the way he handled himself a few years ago, but I'd only be hurting myself by bitterly turning away from the NBA.

Now, if you're referring to my believing this contract thing is a non-issue, that just seems like common sense, pure and simple. And, if he does leave, we still have a tremendous young core that I'm excited about. I'm not fretting about it one way or the other.

RedBlackAttack
07-13-2014, 03:24 AM
So would love still want to come to Cleveland if Bron wasn't there?
Why trade wiggins? If bron leaves after a year you are going to be left with Kyrie and Love while Wiggins becomes #1 in the league by 2018. That's just stupid. Either get Love and keep wiggins or let Love go lose in some other city.
It makes no sense for the Cavs to even consider Wiggins in the deal, especially considering the other deals that are rumored to be on the table (nothing in the same stratosphere as Wiggins).

If the Wolves want to shoot themselves in the foot simply out of spite because they want someone who isn't available, so be it.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-13-2014, 03:27 AM
I don't why there is this notion that Wiggins "has" to be in a deal for Love...

Look what Dwight got (similar situation): Vucevic, Harkless, Afflalo, 1st round pick(s?)

That's more along the lines of: Waiters+Bennett+Multiple picks than it is Wiggins...And Dwight is a better player than Love..

I think we ultimately see a 3 or 4 team team deal..

JtotheIzzo
07-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Lets say that Minnesota gives Love to GSW for Klay etc. (even though GSW doesn't want to give up Klay).

That leaves you with this for next year:

Verajao
Thompson
James
Wiggins
Irving

with Waiters as a 6 man.

That is an EXTREMELY talent top 6, and if Bennett can play well this season (he looked really fresh and springy in his first Summer League game) then you have got 7 rotation guys plus a Mike Miller or Ray Allen type who may follow LBJ to Ohio. AND the Cavs will still add a couple of veteran pieces via low rent free agents.

That is at least ECF (ie can they beat the Raptors).

You play out the season, deal one of your 4s plus Waiters for an elite 4 in a sign and trade or just open the front gates and watch the free agents flock to this team next summer.

LeBron on one wing, Wiggins on the other might be the most devastating fastbreak in history right out of the gate.

Also, everyone is hyping up the lack of outside shooting, well, marinade on this: Thompson, Verajao and Wiggins might be three of the best offensive rebounders in the league from their position, and when you couple that with LeBron and Kyrie's ability to get into the defense and take high percentage shots we are looking at even more putbacks and o-boards etc.

In this era of three star collusion we are pre-programmed to think that is the only way to win, but how about this, two stars (one is the league's best player) and a ton of athletes around them, with a few shooters too and a systems coach.

Jesus, Kevin Love is nice, but he isn't the be all end all of this team.

Kblaze8855
07-13-2014, 09:49 AM
If you thought I was so bitter that it was enough for me to turn my back on the Cavs, you were wrong. And, I didn't know how I would handle it until the time actually came. When it did, I had to evaluate.

I never thought you were...but you told me you were. We had a discussion about it...and not years ago either. 7 month ago.

Originally Posted by All Net
Despite what happened why wouldn't you want the best player in the world to sign with your team?

Because I've moved on and have no desire to root for him again, perhaps? I simply couldn't do it... I'd have to abstain from the NBA if it were to happen.

I don't know why people find it so hard to understand how/why it is difficult to root for a player you don't like, regardless of how good he is. Seems pretty cut and dry.

My position then and always....

Fans only care about success.

I told you then and before then Cleveland would take him back in a second.

I believe I told you that you would too you just couldnt see it unti lit happened. We discussed this in quite a few topics.

After I said Cleveland would take him back the moment the chance came I was told:

seriously give it a rest....i got Family in OHIO.....one of my close friends is from Akron and knows GLoria James (Brons Mom)...also knows the Family that helped Raise him while his mom was in trouble.

I go to Ohio twice a year...

F Lebron James....everyone except his Family and Fairweather fans don't want to see his B#### eye's here any more.

Red and Black attack is true Fan and represents the majority of the Ohio Fanbase IMO...

Fans dont care about anything but the team being good right now.

Never have. Never will.

Any fanbase would take anyone back who helped them.

If zombie Art Modell returned to buy the Browns and then made brilliant move after brilliant move and won 4 superbowls Cleveland would cheer him too.