PDA

View Full Version : Who will fill out the Cavs roster ?

BigTicket
07-13-2014, 06:07 AM
Assuming the Cavs don't trade for Love, who should we get to fill out the roster ?

I think our main needs are backup PG/C and bench shooters, preferably veterans.

Bench shooters should be easy enough with either Allen, Miller or Jones.

For backup center I would love to get Okafor, but I'm not sure he'd be willing to sign for the minimum. Birdman would also be nice.

For PG maybe Pargo ? Mo Williams returning would also be fun.

Uncle Drew
07-13-2014, 05:15 PM
I'd love to have Mo back as our backup PG. As much as I love Delly, he isn't a backup PG on a playoff team tbh.

Meticode
07-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Jason Smith was a good target, now he's off the market.

We need a big, maybe we can sniff at Greg Oden?

El Gato Negro
07-16-2014, 11:37 AM
at this point they are capped so its trade or bust. not down with the love trade but with first round picks and young players you would think they could find a young defensive center somewhere.

Uncle Drew
07-16-2014, 05:34 PM
I think Tristan will get some time at C this year, like he did in his rookie season. Blatt told Zach Lowe (Grantland (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/qa-cavs-coach-david-blatt-on-lebron-princeton-and-the-natural/)) that he likes LeBron playing the PF position. So our depth chart, full off assumptions, would look something like this (with Harris and Powell likely to play in Canton):

PG: Kyrie/Williams/Delly
SG: Wiggins/Allen/Felix
SF: LeBron/Miller/Harris
PF: Love/TT/Powell
C: Andy/Okafor/Haywood

We should make this board more active, to be honest. Our game threads will be full of trolls and LeBron fans, whom I can't stand.

Lebronxrings
07-18-2014, 07:06 PM
i say we take a look at blatche and see if hes worth the risk.