PDA

View Full Version : How will Blatt utilize LeBron?

dunksby
07-13-2014, 06:44 AM
So who actually here knows anything about this guy? Will we see LeBron posting up the majority of time and playing off the ball, letting Kyrie make plays?
I doubt it's going to be ISO LeBron anymore and James is pretty damn efficient in the post. He will get a lot of baskets from fast breaks and I don't think LeBron will ever be content with playing off the ball too much as long as he is in his prime. But that's basically how I want to see LeBron play next year.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Here's a bballbreakdown vid on Blatt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO3bJB9JcTo

I would like to know more about him though from those who followed euroleague..

blacknapalm
07-13-2014, 06:50 AM
he runs a lot of princeton principles, which makes sense since he played there in college. so expect a lot of back cuts and the bigs playing high in the post. expect plenty of ball movement. definitely won't be the mike brown cavs.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-13-2014, 06:51 AM
What's the shot clock in Euroleague? is it 24?

Uncle Drew
07-13-2014, 06:55 AM
Yeah.

chips93
07-13-2014, 07:18 AM
he runs a lot of princeton principles, which makes sense since he played there in college. so expect a lot of back cuts and the bigs playing high in the post. expect plenty of ball movement. definitely won't be the mike brown cavs.

andy is a really underrated passer, he could excel there

lebron-andy high lows should work really well

SexSymbol
07-13-2014, 07:30 AM
yeah and they also play with round balls here too!

Oly BC
07-13-2014, 07:36 AM
A great deal of playmaking was done from the post in Maccabi. Get the ball to the man in the post, see if gets doubleteamed, if he does get the ball to the open teammate, if not post.

Lebron might be used like that, I don't know.
Most likely is that he and Kyrie enter a dick-measuring contest.

PizzamanIRL
07-13-2014, 07:51 AM
20 minutes off the bench.

navy
07-13-2014, 07:57 AM
Same way Miami used him. Although the 1-3 pick and roll with either Lebron or Kyrie as the sceener will be used more often for obvious reasons.

GimmeThat
07-13-2014, 08:10 AM
probably memorizing every Lebron's play as well as opponents defense.

just in case it comes useful in the playoffs.

JohnFreeman
07-13-2014, 08:12 AM
Give LeBron the ball?

JtotheIzzo
07-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Give LeBron the ball?

roll the ball on the court and say "pass, screen away guys, have fun"

MP.Trey
07-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Hopefully we see him in the post quite a bit more, he can make plays anywhere on the court from there and it allows Wiggins to play (imo) his more natural three spot.

JtotheIzzo
07-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Hopefully we see him in the post quite a bit more, he can make plays anywhere on the court from there and it allows Wiggins to play (imo) his more natural three spot.

Blatt will likely tweak a lot of those high hand offs etc. where the four and five create to get LeBron the ball. Wiggins working the backdoor cuts and Kyrie and Waiters doing the shooting.

Shit is gonna be crazy.

Expect Blatt to seriously alter his offense though, the Euroleague is much more methodical set wise than the NBA and a lot of that weave crap just won't play in the NBA.

blacknapalm
07-13-2014, 10:02 AM
still think cavs need to lock in another shooter. frye would have been awesome at that spot especially since he knows how to use flare cuts. he's a pretty underrated loss for the suns. allen and miller are still out there. mike scott or bonnar would be a consolation prize.

ILLsmak
07-13-2014, 10:16 AM
So who actually here knows anything about this guy? Will we see LeBron posting up the majority of time and playing off the ball, letting Kyrie make plays?
I doubt it's going to be ISO LeBron anymore and James is pretty damn efficient in the post. He will get a lot of baskets from fast breaks and I don't think LeBron will ever be content with playing off the ball too much as long as he is in his prime. But that's basically how I want to see LeBron play next year.

Offball is definitely more effective for almost anyone if they can play it. Energy wise, if you can hold the ball and pound it then you might be able to rest then explode when the D isn't ready, but you should be able to do that off ball, too.

I don't think Kyrie or anyone can playmake for LeBron. It would be nice to see some sets (that aren't 1-4) that would allow him to get catches in good position, though.

Basketball is a simple sport when you understand it, and dominating the ball is never a good option. Yet, this era is all about just standing and looking at the basket for 8+ seconds while you dribble.

Think of it this way: If Blatt can create an offense ( a real offense) that utilizes LeBron, he will instantly become a legendary coach. It'll be like the triangle with MJ. Not only will he get credit for finally getting him into a real system, but the system will live on. At least, that's how I see it. So, if I were him, I would be staying up nights thinking about how to swing it.

-Smak

Maga_1
07-13-2014, 11:12 AM
First, forget that breakdwon by that youtube guy he does not know shit about european basketball, it's way different than NBA ball.

Second, Princeton basics are basics of basketball in terms of court occupations so, certainly, they will use some of that.

Third, Blatt is known for being a coach that has success by adapting a style of play from the strenghts of the players. It varies from team to team.

Fourth, expect a lot of run and fun from them.

Nash
07-13-2014, 11:15 AM
He should be using him exactly the same way Spoelstra did in Miami. It worked out pretty damn good.

Le Shaqtus
07-13-2014, 12:37 PM
He should be using him exactly the same way Spoelstra did in Miami. It worked out pretty damn good.

And render Kyrie a spot up shooter? He won't be happy with that. They'll have to share the ball equally at least or Kyrie's gonna have something to say.