PDA

View Full Version : Lebron wont win shit in Cleveland...

sweggeh
07-13-2014, 11:55 AM
And he will opt out after one year. He is doing irreversible damage to his legacy by joining this garbage team. Its a nice story, but no one will remember that in 50 years time except maybe old ass Cavs fans. People will remember rings. They can get to the finals this year because the East is so weak, but they wont beat the Spurs or OKC.

Miami will retool and probably get to the ECF. Lebron will return in a year or two tops of Cleveland failing to win and Miami will build a team he can win with. Lebrons legacy with the Heat is not done yet, I am sure of it.

They dont call me ForeverHeat for nothing. LETS GO HEAT :rockon:

lilteapot
07-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Agreed, he made a big mistake but oh well.

Marchesk
07-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Because staying on the Heat has so much more upside :confusedshrug:

sweggeh
07-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Because staying on the Heat has so much more upside :confusedshrug:

Bosh + Wade(however injured) > the whole Cavs organisation.

If he stayed in Miami and they retooled, they would have been guarantee NBA Finals at the very least. Now he has almost no real chance to win even if he gets to the finals. He could have signed for 4 years in Miami, won a couple more rings or more, and then gone back to Cleveland to try to bring them a title before he retired. Cavs fans would have loved him, the feel good coming home story would still have occurred and his legacy would have been boosted from winning more rings.

tomSR.
07-13-2014, 12:55 PM
agree........he hurt his image even more with this bullshit .........pissing on 2 citys and fanbases does not help anyone.........

NumberSix
07-13-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't think he'll win there either. Should have stayed in Miami.

Marchesk
07-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Bosh + Wade(however injured) > the whole Cavs organisation.

Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters, Thompson, Bennett with future picks plus the chance to bring in Love (granted, you have to deal some of that away).

Are you kidding me? Bosh and Wade already hit their peak, and Wade is on the way down (in a big way). They, along with Lebron, were going to take up most of the cap space. Riley could only put a few decent pieces around them.

Cleveland has way more upside than the Heat do, and Lebron knew that full well. Plus they're younger and aren't likely to wear down.

Marchesk
07-13-2014, 01:05 PM
I don't think he'll win there either. Should have stayed in Miami.

You guys must have missed the finals where everyone not named Lebron looked old or broke down, or just ineffective.

They got out of the East this past season, but eventually someone like Indianna or Chicago or maybe Washington would put the right pieces together, or hit their peak and take down an aging Heat team with Lebron having to carry the load.

We saw how that wore him down in the finals. The Heat were close to done as serious title contenders. Maybe they could have squeezed one more finals out of it, but whoever came out of the West was going to do them nasty, again. Even OKC, as they hit their prime with all those young legs. Would have run the Heat into the ground.

sweggeh
07-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters, Thompson, Bennett with future picks plus the chance to bring in Love (granted, you have to deal some of that away).

Are you kidding me? Bosh and Wade already hit their peak, and Wade is on the way down (in a big way). They, along with Lebron, were going to take up most of the cap space. Riley could only put a few decent pieces around them.

Cleveland has way more upside than the Heat do, and Lebron knew that full well. Plus they're younger and aren't likely to wear down.

Kyrie is a ball hog without the off the ball movement of Wade. He is less intelligent and completely unproven in the playoffs.

Waiters has proven to be a overhyped average SG.

Wiggins has yet to play a minute in this league.

Thompson is not a Top 10 PF in this league.

Bennett :oldlol:

The Heat have experience, location, the coaching/boardroom personnel to get things done and a stellar reputation as a winning franchise. Cleveland is literally just Lebron. Who the hell is the coach in Cleveland anyway?

Your a joker if you think Cleveland the team who has never won a title in its history has more upside than a team who has just been to the finals 4 straight times.

LBJFTW
07-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Wait.....his return to CLE is for rings?

I thought it was to bring jobs to the city? :biggums:

Marchesk
07-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Is that why Vegas has the Cavs at 4-1 odds to win the championship?

LBJFTW
07-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Is that why Vegas has the Cavs at 4-1 odds to win the championship?

Looks like it's time to bet against cavs and make some money!

Oh wait, we're talking about a game where the refs can and do manipulate the outcome.

Silver has a nice outcome and a good story planned for all this to bring more fans to the NBA.

Vegas knows this.

Marchesk
07-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Looks like it's time to bet against cavs and make some money!

They are probably too young, and there will be an adjustment phase with adding Lebron and Wiggins (and/or Love) to the mix. But the potential for a contending team longer term is much greater than on Miami where you have Bosh and presumably Wade taking up so much cap space.

I don't know how the Heat would have made it past 5 finals in a row.

inclinerator
06-21-2016, 05:38 PM
:yaohappy:

Straight_Ballin
06-21-2016, 05:44 PM
:yaohappy:

Stop bumping old threads Simon. Your meltdown of not being able to join the parade in cleveland is real.

AirBonner
06-21-2016, 05:48 PM
Stop bumping old threads Simon. Your meltdown of not being able to join the parade in cleveland is real.
Meltdown.

Straight_Ballin
06-21-2016, 05:51 PM
Meltdown.

The jealousy of others watching me celebrate with my fellow Cleveland winners is real. Simon is taking it the worst though. Lebron won, yet Simon still lost.
:roll:

AirBonner
06-21-2016, 05:54 PM
The jealousy of others watching me celebrate with my fellow Cleveland winners is real. Simon is taking it the worst though. Lebron won, yet Simon still lost.
:roll:
:biggums: you were a big 2/7 supporter. That entire finals you were sweating like a cornered nun and now you have jumped ship. :oldlol:

Straight_Ballin
06-21-2016, 06:01 PM
:biggums: you were a big 2/7 supporter. That entire finals you were sweating like a cornered nun and now you have jumped ship. :oldlol:

Um no. Go back and re-read. I said regardless if GSW or Cavs win, I will be content. Those who's hometown is Cleveland that watched MJ live and know that MJ is GOAT have the best of all worlds. We watched MJ live and now got to see our hometown city win a chip. When you've gone to as many cavs games as I have, you may speak on the matter. Until then, just sit back, relax, and watch me as I stay winning!

FultzNationRISE
07-09-2022, 01:21 AM
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/attachments/homer-simpson-doh-png.55012/