PDA

View Full Version : Melo signs 5 year Max. Bosh signs 5 year Max. Lebron signs 1 year Max with Opt-Out

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 02:50 PM
After Lebron wrote in his letter that he's "committed" to the Cavs for the long term. What a hypocrite :roll:

At least Melo and Bosh have the balls to commit long term to their teams. James is leaving himself an opt-out option after season one to bolt. As soon as things go south in Cleveland, he's going south and taking his talents to South Beach. Oh wait, he's already done that before

:biggums:

TheAnchorman
07-13-2014, 02:51 PM
New TV deal. New salary cap.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

DStebb716
07-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Living life simple-minded must be rough.

LBJFTW
07-13-2014, 02:54 PM

That it? Don't believe every excuse you hear. You gonna trust a 2 time back stabber? :lol

SilkkTheShocker
07-13-2014, 02:55 PM
After Lebron wrote in his letter that he's "committed" to the Cavs for the long term. What a hypocrite :roll:

At least Melo and Bosh have the balls to commit long term to their teams. James is leaving himself an opt-out option after season one to bolt. As soon as things go south in Cleveland, he's going south and taking his talents to South Beach. Oh wait, he's already done that before

It doesn't take balls to commit to a 122 million dollar contract, clown.

SamuraiSWISH
07-13-2014, 02:56 PM
:facepalm

He's comitting to salary / cap flexibility for his new, young, improving teammates.

Rose'sACL
07-13-2014, 02:56 PM
That it? Don't believe every excuse you hear. You gonna trust a 2 time back stabber? :lol
Who did he back-stab?

Meticode
07-13-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm almost convinced LBJFTW and BallsOut are the same person or related in some way.

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Lebron apologists out in full force. Get off his nuts and see things from a real perspective.

Melo committed to 5 years.
Bosh committed to 5 years.
Lebron committed to 1 year.

It ain't hard to tell :coleman:

pegasus
07-13-2014, 03:02 PM
What's his reasoning for a 1-year opt-out clause? Can he opt-out to give enough room to the Cavs to sign someone like Love (assuming not traded) next summer? Could they still give him a max after they signed Love? Or would the Cavs lose his Bird rights if he opts out?

Bless Mathews
07-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Lebron apologists out in full force. Get off his nuts and see things from a real perspective.

Bron is the only one who's value will be more in two years.

Bosh got lucky.

Bookmark this and tell me in two years you'd give bosh 5 more years of 22+ million a year. Smh.

RetOarded people on here.

Rameek
07-13-2014, 03:04 PM
What's his reasoning for a 1-year opt-out clause? Can he opt-out to give enough room to the Cavs to sign someone like Love (assuming not traded) next summer? Could they still give him a max after they signed Love? Or would the Cavs lose his Bird rights if he opts out?

Your question answered here already

New Ultimate High Max Contract Money

pegasus
07-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Your question answered here already

New Ultimate High Max Contract Money
That's in 2016, not 2015.

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Bron is the only one who's value will be more in two years.

Bosh got lucky.

Bookmark this and tell me in two years you'd give bosh 5 more years of 22+ million a year. Smh.

RetOarded people on here.

That's ironic coming from an idiot such as yourself. Lebron has opt out after first season. Not after two seasons. That means he can be a free agent as soon as next summer. Not sure if you've been living under a rock this summer or not but Melo and Bosh could easily both get max 5 year contracts next summer.

pegasus
07-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Someone who knows about CBA and the Cavs' cap situation please answer.

Bless Mathews
07-13-2014, 03:21 PM
That's ironic coming from an idiot such as yourself. Lebron has opt out after first season. Not after two seasons. That means he can be a free agent as soon as next summer. Not sure if you've been living under a rock this summer or not but Melo and Bosh could easily both get max 5 year contracts next summer.
Smh.

Lol. You are an idiot.

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Smh.

Lol. You are an idiot.

Nice post. 2/5

Stay mad son :lol

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 04:16 PM

He's comitting to salary / cap flexibility for his new, young, improving teammates.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Can't say I expect much from a guy who's obsessed with MJ's dick size.

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 04:31 PM

This. Traitors can't be trusted.

boozehound
07-13-2014, 04:35 PM
I am sure it has been pointed out, but OP is an idiot. The difference is that no one would give melo or bosh a max in two years, so they had to take all the money they could. Lebron will easily be maxed out when the new tv deal (which will probably add 10-20 million to the cap) kicks in.

My only question is this. I thought bird rights were only for 3 year contracts..... so, the cavs wont be able to go over the cap to sign him? I am sure I am wrong.

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 04:39 PM
I am sure it has been pointed out, but OP is an idiot. The difference is that no one would give melo or bosh a max in two years, so they had to take all the money they could. Lebron will easily be maxed out when the new tv deal (which will probably add 10-20 million to the cap) kicks in.

My only question is this. I thought bird rights were only for 3 year contracts..... so, the cavs wont be able to go over the cap to sign him? I am sure I am wrong.

You are an idiot. Lebron has a chance to opt out next summer. That's 1 year. Melo and Bosh BOTH could get MAX deals next summer. It's quite ironic for you to call anyone an idiot :roll:

PleezeBelieve
07-13-2014, 04:54 PM
There is reason for a two-yer deal, but absolutely no reason for the one-year with an opt out. None.

Qwyjibo
07-13-2014, 04:59 PM
There is reason for a two-yer deal, but absolutely no reason for the one-year with an opt out. None.
Flexibility never hurts. Any kind. If it was an option and the Cavs were willing to give it, why not take it? This is pro sports. Loyalty on its own should mean little.

Now it's on the Cavs management to not screw up the rest of the roster and build a winner.

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Flexibility never hurts. Any kind. If it was an option and the Cavs were willing to give it, why not take it? This is pro sports. Loyalty on its own should mean little.

Now it's on the Cavs management to not screw up the rest of the roster and build a winner.

The Cavs want Lebron long term. Lebron wants to commit long term just as he stated in his letter. But when it actually comes down to it, he didn't. Talk is cheap. When you talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk. That's what people are upset about.

Marchesk
07-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Kobe only signed for 2 years.

Marchesk
07-13-2014, 05:11 PM
The Cavs want Lebron long term. Lebron wants to commit long term just as he stated in his letter. But when it actually comes down to it, he didn't. Talk is cheap. When you talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk. That's what people are upset about.

He and Love can go the Lakers after next year, then wait for Durant in 2016. Dat hatred doe.

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Kobe only signed for 2 years.

With no opt out. That's twice as many years as Lebron signed for :oldlol:

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 05:47 PM
He and Love can go the Lakers after next year, then wait for Durant in 2016. Dat hatred doe.

Lakers don't want weak minded quitters like Lebron

Qwyjibo
07-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Lebron got the best deal for himself when it comes to flexibility. Himself. That's all that should matter when it comes to things like these. No player in any sport owes a team or city anything. Fans need to adjust their expectations and understand how things work.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-13-2014, 05:48 PM
melo can only dream of being able to take a gamble like that. bosh too..

Qwyjibo
07-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Exactly. There is no risk for Lebron. He will get another max deal or whatever the hell he wants in 2 years. Easily. Melo after another 2 years? I think it's possible but why risk it? Bosh after another 2 years? Absolutely not.

This isn't about loyalty. There is no loyalty in pro sports. This was a business decision and a very smart one by Lebron. Why not give yourself the option to bolt if things somehow completely fall apart in Cleveland? If the team is ok including that in the contract, of course you take it. There is no downside to the players in having player options in a contract.

Real14
07-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Because LeQuit quits when tha tough gets going.

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Exactly. There is no risk for Lebron. He will get another max deal or whatever the hell he wants in 2 years. Easily. Melo after another 2 years? I think it's possible but why risk it? Bosh after another 2 years? Absolutely not.

Can anyone actually read? What is it that you don't people understand? Lebron's opt out isn't after another 2 years. it's after ONE year. That's next summer. Melo could EASILY get a max offer next summer. Bosh too.

Qwyjibo
07-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Can anyone actually read? What is it that you don't people understand? Lebron's opt out isn't after another 2 years. it's after ONE year. That's next summer. Melo could EASILY get a max offer next summer. Bosh too.
Did they ask for an opt-out? Would the teams have given them that? Who knows. That's just speculation. Lebron and/or his agents are smart enough to give himself that extra flexibility in case things go to shit in Cleveland or something else happens with the cap and he wants to sign a new deal next year.

I realize the original intent here was a 100% troll thread to discredit Lebron on some stupid notion that loyalty actually matters and he's obligated to show that to Cleveland (he's not). He could've toned it down in the letter if anything, I guess. In the end, this just shows how smart Lebron was with this contract. Total backfire.

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Did they ask for an opt-out?

No because Melo and Bosh actually have the balls to commit long term to a franchise. It's funny because people have been questioning Bosh's manhood for awhile now. But with this move, he's actually committing himself to his team for 5 years, for better or worse. Can't say the same about Lebron.

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Because LeQuit quits when tha tough gets going.

Word. History tends to repeat itself.

Yao Ming's Foot
07-13-2014, 09:22 PM
Did they ask for an opt-out? Would the teams have given them that? Who knows. That's just speculation. Lebron and/or his agents are smart enough to give himself that extra flexibility in case things go to shit in Cleveland or something else happens with the cap and he wants to sign a new deal next year.

I realize the original intent here was a 100% troll thread to discredit Lebron on some stupid notion that loyalty actually matters and he's obligated to show that to Cleveland (he's not). He could've toned it down in the letter if anything, I guess. In the end, this just shows how smart Lebron was with this contract. Total backfire.

Smart unless he gets seriously injured that is. :confusedshrug:

BallsOut
07-13-2014, 09:58 PM

Nope. Both Melo and Bosh if they were able to opt out after this season, could both easily get 5 year max contracts next summer.

Qwyjibo
07-13-2014, 10:18 PM
Smart unless he gets seriously injured that is. :confusedshrug:
True. But unless it's a catastrophic knee injury, he'll still get a max deal even if he misses a significant amount of time.

Rubio2Gasol
07-13-2014, 10:38 PM
After that letter, he better not leave.

That would be some Benedict Arnold level shit.

bluechox2
07-13-2014, 10:47 PM
he talks about cap flexabity and a new tv deal that will increase his paycheck in one sentence...

lilgodfather1
07-13-2014, 11:32 PM
If he opts out after 1 year, the Cavs will have to renounce Thompson, but in theory we could add a player in the 6-8 million level, depending on how much he took, and the cap rises.

If he signed for 14 million it would net him a 24.5 million the next season, 15 would net him 26.25, 16 wouod get him 28, and so one.

The early bird rights allow the Cavs to sign him for 175% of his previous contract.

MellowYellow
07-14-2014, 12:29 AM

No it shows how greedy he is. Lebron is all about the $, he knows their is a new tv deal comin up and he isn't gonna miss out on a chance for a bigger payday even though after 32 he won't deserve it anymore.

BallsOut
07-19-2014, 05:06 PM

Ether :bowdown:

AnaheimLakers24
07-19-2014, 05:09 PM
brans a cowardly bitch. what else is new

Frozen1
07-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Interesting that only Lebron mentioned this tv contract bullshit.

Nash
07-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Interesting that only Lebron mentioned this tv contract bullshit.
Because Lebron is the only one good enough to bank on a max deal in 2016. Bosh couldn't wait to sign his name on that contract while Melo wanted to take as much money as possible while the money is there.

Also, Lebron having opt outs basically just keeps the Cavs front office on their toes. They can't BS around like they did last time they had Lebron.

sweggeh
07-19-2014, 05:47 PM
You people are absolute FOOLS if you think Lebron wouldnt leave again if he thought it was in his best interests. This guy is the most selfish guy in sports history. He doesnt give a fck about peoples feeling. He is cold blooded. He betrayed Cleveland in a way never before seen in the NBA, and when he thought Miami was declining left them too. Now he signs what is essentially a 1 year deal with a opt in included, and you are using a tv deal that comes into effect in 2 years as reason for him only committing to 1 year?

Einstein once said the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. When the career of Lebron James has exposed many NBA fans for being delusional when their emotions come into their thinking. If you think Lebron is a guy to forgive what Cleveland did to him, you are sadly mistaken. He feels he was justified to leave, and the way they treated him, from Dan Gilbert all the way down to the man on the street, you think Lebron forgets? Who remembers that time after 2011 where everyone and their momma were raggin on Lebron, the ring jokes, the choker label, the stream of hate emanating from all of his haters, including the city of Cleveland. Didnt Lebron say, and I am paraphrasing here, that he writes all of this stuff down in his mind? That he never forgets what has been said about him and by whom?

Lebron does not care about Cleveland the way people think he does. The best predictor of the future is history. Lebron will not stay in Cleveland past these two years if they do not win a championship or look like they are not in a position to win.

AnaheimLakers24
07-19-2014, 05:54 PM
Shouldnt you be working at mcdonalds today you flying Ph^ggot? Lemme know which Mcdonalds you work at so I can throw the burger at yo face then stomp on your head til you stop breathing you 40 year old virgin that still lives with his parents...fvcking clown
:oldlol:

BallsOut
07-19-2014, 06:14 PM
Because Lebron is the only one good enough to bank on a max deal in 2016. Bosh couldn't wait to sign his name on that contract while Melo wanted to take as much money as possible while the money is there.

Also, Lebron having opt outs basically just keeps the Cavs front office on their toes. They can't BS around like they did last time they had Lebron.

Who said anything about 2016? The Opt-out in Lebron's contract is after this season, meaning he could sign a new max as soon as 2015. You're living in denial if you don't think Melo and Bosh can both get max contracts after this season.

ABG
07-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Shouldnt you be working at mcdonalds today you flying Ph^ggot? Lemme know which Mcdonalds you work at so I can throw the burger at yo face then stomp on your head til you stop breathing you 40 year old virgin that still lives with his parents...fvcking clown
:roll:

BallsOut
07-19-2014, 06:57 PM
You people are absolute FOOLS if you think Lebron wouldnt leave again if he thought it was in his best interests. This guy is the most selfish guy in sports history. He doesnt give a fck about peoples feeling. He is cold blooded. He betrayed Cleveland in a way never before seen in the NBA, and when he thought Miami was declining left them too. Now he signs what is essentially a 1 year deal with a opt in included, and you are using a tv deal that comes into effect in 2 years as reason for him only committing to 1 year?

Einstein once said the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. When the career of Lebron James has exposed many NBA fans for being delusional when their emotions come into their thinking. If you think Lebron is a guy to forgive what Cleveland did to him, you are sadly mistaken. He feels he was justified to leave, and the way they treated him, from Dan Gilbert all the way down to the man on the street, you think Lebron forgets? Who remembers that time after 2011 where everyone and their momma were raggin on Lebron, the ring jokes, the choker label, the stream of hate emanating from all of his haters, including the city of Cleveland. Didnt Lebron say, and I am paraphrasing here, that he writes all of this stuff down in his mind? That he never forgets what has been said about him and by whom?

Lebron does not care about Cleveland the way people think he does. The best predictor of the future is history. Lebron will not stay in Cleveland past these two years if they do not win a championship or look like they are not in a position to win.

This.

JT123
07-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Ether :bowdown:
You forgot to switch accounts fggt. :oldlol:

The-Legend-24
07-19-2014, 08:31 PM

bluechox2
07-19-2014, 11:28 PM
after thinking about it, one thing is for sure, lebron wanted a max paycheck this year and he got it

he can opt out next year to get more help that all betas need by signing for a penny no more or no less(what ever the minimum salary is), literally and get another max contract slots available for other stars to sign
he then would play that year out on a penny and will have the 2 year minimum needed under his belt to gain his bird rights to sign a max deal under the new salay cap/tv deals

along with 3 possible superstars ( if love gets traded)

thats 1 more than what he had in miami

Mr.Kite
07-19-2014, 11:33 PM

/thread

RoundMoundOfReb
07-19-2014, 11:47 PM

He would leave if it were in his best interests..but there is like a 0% chance that leaving would be in his best interest....his brand, his image would be destroyed if he left again...

Rocketswin2013
07-19-2014, 11:52 PM

LeBron is never switching teams again. The only reason he even did the 2 yr deal is so he can take full advantage of the salary cap raise in 2016.

ILLsmak
07-19-2014, 11:53 PM

lol dude on his triumph the insult dog alt.

-Smak

BallsOut
07-24-2014, 12:35 AM
We gon act like Bron didn't sign a 1 year contract just to leave himself a bailout option?

ihatetimthomas
07-24-2014, 01:38 AM
Melo and Bosh both cannot afford to not take the max they can currently get. They are not on Lebrons level and they cant gamble that they will still be considered max contract players in a few years. Lebron is in a unique situation where he is has so much leverage because he is the best in the world that he can afford to gamble and expect max money in a few years.

BallsOut
07-31-2014, 10:47 PM
Lebron committing to long term? Dat 1 year max contract tho :oldlol:

Meticode
07-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Lebron committing to long term? Dat 1 year max contract tho :oldlol:
You're so upset. :oldlol:

BallsOut
07-31-2014, 10:51 PM
You're so upset. :oldlol:

Apparently you have forgotten what Lebron did to you guys 4 years ago. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

BallsOut
08-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Melo and Bosh both cannot afford to not take the max they can currently get. They are not on Lebrons level and they cant gamble that they will still be considered max contract players in a few years. Lebron is in a unique situation where he is has so much leverage because he is the best in the world that he can afford to gamble and expect max money in a few years.

Actually they can. Because after this season, both Melo and Bosh could easily get max contract offers if they only signed 1 year max deals. You'd be in denial to think they'd be done after this season and that no teams would offer them the max after this season.

BallsOut
08-13-2014, 01:32 AM
Committed long term yet only signed for 1 year. Dat commitment though :lebronamazed:

poido123
08-13-2014, 03:01 AM
If Lebron and the Cavs get bounced in the first round by lets say the Hornets?

Would you all be confident he would stay 100%?

dubeta
08-13-2014, 03:05 AM
Why would LeBron sign for 5 years and then be held hostage by the Cavs management, who dont exactly have a great reputation

This makes management stay on their toes and constantly try and improve the team

poido123
08-13-2014, 03:08 AM
Why would LeBron sign for 5 years and then be held hostage by the Cavs management, who dont exactly have a great reputation

This makes management stay on their toes and constantly try and improve the team

Why should he?

Because in the letter he supposedly cares about righting his wrongs and talks about the commitment he has to the city of Cleveland.

aj1987
08-13-2014, 06:06 AM
Why should he?

Because in the letter he supposedly cares about righting his wrongs and talks about the commitment he has to the city of Cleveland.
Stop being an idiot. You know that he signed that contract because he's trying to make as much money as possible.

"Next season, James will make $21,573,398. But if next offseason's max opening salary is projected higher than what James will bring in, he could opt out and take the bigger deal for one year while still being a free agent for the 2016 offseason and new TV deal."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/cavaliers/2014/07/12/lebron-james-contract-two-years-cleveland-cavs/12578491/

poido123
08-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Stop being an idiot. You know that he signed that contract because he's trying to make as much money as possible.

"Next season, James will make $21,573,398. But if next offseason's max opening salary is projected higher than what James will bring in, he could opt out and take the bigger deal for one year while still being a free agent for the 2016 offseason and new TV deal."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/cavaliers/2014/07/12/lebron-james-contract-two-years-cleveland-cavs/12578491/

This is where people are missing the point.

Lebron isn't meant to be coming back so he can make bucket loads money, the whole thing about him coming back was about the commitment to Cleveland and cleaning up past mistakes, that was according to this letter.

Now a man who is sincere about what he wrote specifically in the letter does not leave a franchise hanging after leaving them before and signing a 1 year guaranteed contract.

Its all bullshit.

He came back knowing the love trade would happen, he left Wiggins and Bennett out of his letter :lol lebron is all about himself these days...

I hope so. As much as dislike lebron, I'd hate to see people giving him death threats etc if he left Cleveland high and dry again...it wouldn't be pretty.

JohnFreeman
08-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Clearly he is signing after the cap goes up..

Trollsmasher
08-13-2014, 10:25 AM
5 years, 200 mil contract in 2016:bowdown: