PDA

View Full Version : Bulls sign Nikola Mirotic

Milbuck
07-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Nikola Mirotic ✔ @nikolamirotic12
Follow
I am very happy and excited to announce that next season I will be playing with the @chicagobulls . Today I fulfill a dream. #BullsNation
5:11 PM - 13 Jul 2014

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/37/files/2013/12/Nikola-Mirotic.jpg

Dude is a stud, many people had him as a top 10, arguably top 5 pick in this draft. He should help a lot with spacing the floor and giving the Bulls some offense off the bench. Completes a a pretty nasty front court for the Bulls, with Noah, Gasol, Taj, and Mirotic.

pegasus
07-13-2014, 06:26 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

D-Rose
07-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Loving the front court next season. I hope he lives up to some of the hype we've been hearing...

Real14
07-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Niguh sound like sum drugs prescribed by sum damn doctor:oldlol:

Smook A.
07-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Great.

He'll be good if Pau Gasol can teach him a few moves :applause:

Denitron
07-13-2014, 06:35 PM
:bowdown:

Inferno
07-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Someone give me their depth chart

PieceOfFelt
07-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Niguh sound like sum drugs prescribed by sum damn doctor:oldlol:

First you tell a retarded joke, then you laugh at your horseshit joke. What a dumb **** you are.

sportjames23
07-13-2014, 06:43 PM
We da bess. :banana:

r0drig0lac
07-13-2014, 06:47 PM
East will be very competitive :applause:

outbreak
Did he end up paying his own buyout clause?

Milbuck
Someone give me their depth chart
As of right now I think they have:

Rose/Hinrich
Butler/Snell
Dunleavy/McDermott
Gasol/Mirotic
Noah/Gibson

Doesn't look that incredible on paper, but they're actually adding quite a bit. Healthy Rose, Gasol, Mirotic, and McDermott is a lot of offense to be adding to an existing 48-win team with the 2nd ranked defense. I think they're contenders now, but 1 more shot creator off the bench would seal it.

outbreak
07-13-2014, 06:52 PM

Rose/Hinrich
Butler/Snell
Dunleavy/McDermott
Gasol/Mirotic
Noah/Gibson

Doesn't look that incredible on paper, but they're actually adding quite a bit. Healthy Rose, Gasol, Mirotic, and McDermott is a lot of offense to be adding to an existing 48-win team with the 2nd ranked defense. I think they're contenders now, but 1 more shot creator off the bench would seal it.

isn't kirk a free agent? Not a bad line up. They will do well in the east but I think it actually contend they'll need Mirotic, and Mcdermott to be really good right away.

nathanjizzle
07-13-2014, 06:53 PM
we win. :roll: :cheers:

D-Rose
07-13-2014, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE]@WojYahooNBA

nathanjizzle
07-13-2014, 06:55 PM
the bulls with a healthy derrick rose in 11' and 12' got number 1 in the nba 2 seasons in a row. now we have a veteran taj, butler, one of the best players in euroleague in mirotic, a better snell, and pau gasol. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

also we might give baron a contract, hes looking really good in the summer league. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

nathanjizzle
07-13-2014, 06:57 PM
Damn, he got paid too :applause:

So if Boozer is amnestied:
54.4 mill in salary including Mirotic and McDermott

Hinrich and Gasol will have to be fit in w/ the remaining 9 mill or so. Bulls will also have the 2.7 mill exception to use I believe.

Gasol was rumored to be offered 6.5 mill/yr by Chicago in a straight signing, so we will see how this shakes out.

Great roster improvement so far IMO.

hinrich not getting a contract man. we giving the contract to rookie baron. watch him tonight in summerleague dude hes good. hes like a jason williams without the flash but with a shot.

D-Rose
07-13-2014, 06:59 PM
hinrich not getting a contract man. we giving the contract to rookie baron. watch him tonight in summerleague dude hes good.
Hinrich and Bulls came to an agreement today.

nathanjizzle
07-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Hinrich and Bulls came to an agreement today.
:(

Milbuck
07-13-2014, 07:02 PM
isn't kirk a free agent? Not a bad line up. They will do well in the east but I think it actually contend they'll need Mirotic, and Mcdermott to be really good right away.
I think they reached an agreement with Hinrich to come back. Don't know how all the salary will all work out between Kirk, Pau, and Mirotic, but they're all Bulls now.

Yeah, right now I think they're on the Clippers' level, maybe slightly better than the 2011 Bulls team. But if they want to be on SA/OKC's level, both McDermott and Mirotic are gonna have to have an immediate impact..they don't have to be stars, but at the very least they need to shoot well to open up the game for everyone else. I think Mirotic will do well with Gasol there to help him out.

nathanjizzle
07-13-2014, 07:05 PM
SA/OKC's level

:lol :lol :lol

chips93
07-13-2014, 07:06 PM
hinrich not getting a contract man. we giving the contract to rookie baron. watch him tonight in summerleague dude hes good. hes like a jason williams without the flash but with a shot.

so, hes nothing like jason williams

except the same skin color

Milbuck
07-13-2014, 07:07 PM
:lol :lol :lol
Are you suggesting there's zero chance of the Bulls being championship level this season, regardless of how well Rose, Mirotic, and McDermott play?

nathanjizzle
07-13-2014, 07:08 PM
so, hes nothing like jason williams

except the same skin color

he has the same style, but not the streetball moves.

Real14
07-13-2014, 07:08 PM
First you tell a retarded joke, then you laugh at your horseshit joke. What a dumb **** you are.
Niguh, u got sum nerve talkin shit to me man wit your gay ass name and extra gay ass avatar:rant you betta go sum where what that shit sir irrelevant:coleman:

nathanjizzle
07-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Are you suggesting there's zero chance of the Bulls being championship level this season, regardless of how well Rose, Mirotic, and McDermott play?

no im suggesting that the bulls not being on san antonios or okcs level is a joke. rose has been shitting on the spurs by himself when he was healthy.

i think youre underestimating the bulls. we were the first place team in the nba 2 seasons in a row with a healthy rose. now we actually have players that we need, its really no question we are on a contending level.

Maga_1
07-13-2014, 07:30 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/37/files/2013/12/Nikola-Mirotic.jpg

Dude is a stud, many people had him as a top 10, arguably top 5 pick in this draft. He should help a lot with spacing the floor and giving the Bulls some offense off the bench. Completes a a pretty nasty front court for the Bulls, with Noah, Gasol, Taj, and Mirotic.

Well, since he's born in 1991 and most of the players are from 1995 in this draft and he was a top player in Europe.. i guess that's easy, don't you think? :lol

bagelred
07-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Who needs Melo, am I right Bulls fans?

:lol

Rubio2Gasol
07-13-2014, 07:34 PM
Did you really just say "a better Snell" ?

:roll:

poido123
07-13-2014, 07:35 PM
I think the pau signing helped his decision to Come over.

Welcome Mirotic :cheers:

Question Is, will Bairstow make the Roster this Year?

D-Rose
07-13-2014, 07:47 PM
I think the pau signing helped his decision to Come over.

Welcome Mirotic :cheers:

Question Is, will Bairstow make the Roster this Year?
Greg Smith is being traded to Dallas to open up some cap room...so I expect Cam to make the roster at the minimum. Will get garbage time minutes, but hell I bet Thibs could get something out of him long term.

poido123
07-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Greg Smith is being traded to Dallas to open up some cap room...so I expect Cam to make the roster at the minimum. Will get garbage time minutes, but hell I bet Thibs could get something out of him long term.

Cam on the roster should be a must.

The guy is ready, has the nba body to compete as well.

Has an automatic 20 foot jumper, blocks:shots, crafty post up game and gets in and around the hoop ala carmelo.

We can use him.:rockon:

kaktus14
07-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Cam on the roster should be a must.

The guy is ready, has the nba body to compete as well.

Has an automatic 20 foot jumper, blocks:shots, crafty post up game and gets in and around the hoop ala carmelo.

We can use him.:rockon:
Ok

smoovegittar
07-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Thank God you didn't get Melo. No one needs that lousy, no-good, fat, never-win-anything chucker. He would have kept the ball out of Rose's hands.

:rolleyes:

nathanjizzle
07-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Did you really just say "a better Snell" ?

players dont get better their second year? he dropped 25+ in summer league. shot like 80 percent.

ProfessorMurder
07-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Still need a 3.

nathanjizzle
07-13-2014, 08:31 PM
snell and mcdermott both dropped 13 points each in the first quarter just now. :roll: :roll: :roll:

pegasus
07-13-2014, 08:49 PM
snell and mcdermott both dropped 13 points each in the first quarter just now. :roll: :roll: :roll:
They're both shooting the lights out:rockon:

Lamar Doom
07-13-2014, 08:57 PM
Hard to say what Mirotic will contribute but man, what a front court rotation. I like the Bulls to win the chip this year if they stay healthy. Would've liked to have seen them bring in a Mo Will or Jordan Crawford just for an additional offensive perimeter piece but I really like what they've got going. Obviously Derrick Rose's health is paramount to everything but they're my pick right now.

poido123
07-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Hard to say what Mirotic will contribute but man, what a front court rotation. I like the Bulls to win the chip this year if they stay healthy. Would've liked to have seen them bring in a Mo Will or Jordan Crawford just for an additional offensive perimeter piece but I really like what they've got going. Obviously Derrick Rose's health is paramount to everything but they're my pick right now.

:cheers:

Yeah, I like what we have added, plus I think people will start to hear about this Bairstow kid, He's going to be an important rotation player for this team and he works very hard.

Mirotic is basically a tall shooter with a crafty little post game. I've heard comparisons to dirk, but I'd say more of a Ryan Anderson type with more variation in his shot selection.

nathanjizzle
07-13-2014, 09:11 PM

Yeah, I like what we have added, plus I think people will start to hear about this Bairstow kid, He's going to be an important rotation player for this team and he works very hard.

Mirotic is basically a tall shooter with a crafty little post game. I've heard comparisons to dirk, but I'd say more of a Ryan Anderson type with more variation in his shot selection.

were blowing out these summer league teams :roll: :roll: :roll: . were going to have the deepest team in the nba.

Crystallas
07-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Wow, premature ejaculation.

Being excited is cool, but overhyping a team like this is stupid. Don't start bitching later when it doesn't live up to your own hype, because I don't want to read about it in the Bulls forum. Keep your self-made emotional roller-coasters and PMS mood swings to yourself. Basing players of summer league... *sigh*

nathanjizzle
07-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Wow, premature ejaculation.

Being excited is cool, but overhyping a team like this is stupid. Don't start bitching later when it doesn't live up to your own hype, because I don't want to read about it in the Bulls forum. Keep your self-made emotional roller-coasters and PMS mood swings to yourself.

bookmarked for future bump

Milbuck
07-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Holy shit, the Bulls finally have shooters..this is gonna be an exciting season.

Snell and McBuckets are lighting it up right now.

highwhey
07-13-2014, 09:23 PM

I'd say he's more than a shooter. He handles the pNr well and finishes at the rim even after contact. He comes from the left or right, rolls deep and always fights for position. He's not very strong but he's a 6'10 big with better agility than players of similar height. He's also 99% of the time the frontman in transition. Not many shooters can grab a board, be the first at the other end of the floor and lay it up with ether hand even if he's snipped a bit.

Roundball_Rock
07-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Best team in the East. :applause:

kshutts1
07-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Bulls front court is loaded. Are we going to keep all of them, or are Taj and Dunleavy being traded to make room for Mirotic and Snell?

With the heavy minutes Thibs likes to play, it will be interesting.

And the depth chart is currently..
Rose/Hinrich
Butler/Snell/Dunleavy/Hinrich
Dunleavy/Butler/Snell/McDermott
Gasol/Gibson/Mirotic/McDermott (for some reason I see him getting time here)
Noah/Gasol

duskovujosevic
07-14-2014, 01:53 PM
bulls need good backup assist first PG
and off the bench SF scorer.

Dr.J4ever
07-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Bulls front court is loaded. Are we going to keep all of them, or are Taj and Dunleavy being traded to make room for Mirotic and Snell?

Rose/Hinrich
Noah/Gasol

Since Coach Thibs focuses on defense so much, I predict guys like Mcdermott and Mirotic eventually won't be playing too much. I just have yet to see Coach Thibs be a good offensive coach.

kshutts1
07-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Since Coach Thibs focuses on defense so much, I predict guys like Mcdermott and Mirotic eventually won't be playing too much. I just have yet to see Coach Thibs be a good offensive coach.
I agree, but then again Rose, Augustin, Boozer, Dunleavy, Nate Robinson have all played heavy minutes in the past.

1rkrage
07-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Yeah cause guys like boozer korver belinelli totally didn't get minutes

Pointguard
07-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Bombs away with McDermont/Snell/Mirotic/Butler coupled with the fact that everybody on the team is above average in passing to among the best at their position (Gasol and Noah). Gasol, Snell, Butler, Mirotic are very versatile players. Rose, Hinrich, and Butler are a big strong back court...

morbius
07-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Don't expect too much out of Mirotic the first year, he will need some time to adjust, just like Teletovic. He should be pretty good eventually.

CHi1PriDe
07-14-2014, 05:42 PM
We have a loaded ass front court, we didn't need pau. I was excited to see cameron bairstow log on some mins, behind noah. And please thibs, start dougie mcbuckets at the 3, he'll compliment rose well with him moving so good without the ball.

TheReal Kendall
07-14-2014, 05:42 PM

Rose/Hinrich
Butler/Snell
Dunleavy/McDermott
Gasol/Mirotic
Noah/Gibson

How is Snell? He's a gun on 2k14 but I've never seen him play in real life. Don't Gibson run the 4?

Nevermind that's the best lineup

Euroleague
07-15-2014, 11:37 PM
Mirotic and Gasol are way too soft for a coach like Thibodeau. Especially Mirotic, who is the softest big man I've ever seen play in the Euroleague.

Those types of players are not going to work with that kind of coach, especially Mirotic.

Jameerthefear
07-15-2014, 11:38 PM
Wow. They just got the best player in Europe.

Euroleague
07-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Well, since he's born in 1991 and most of the players are from 1995 in this draft and he was a top player in Europe.. i guess that's easy, don't you think? :lol

According to Millbuck, high school basketball in USA is a higher level than Euroleague.

russwest0
07-15-2014, 11:47 PM
Euroleague is Jeff.

nathanjizzle
07-15-2014, 11:59 PM
think about it though. the bulls in 2011 were first place, and we lacked offense. this summer we picked up 3 offensive players in mirotic, pau gasol, and mcdermott while still keeping our defensive core in butler taj and jo. :confusedshrug:

(e)
07-16-2014, 12:01 AM

Rose/Hinrich
Noah/Gasol
You'd be off thinking McDermott will see time at the 4, especially with how loaded the front court is now. He could maybe play some stretch 4, but it'd be a small ball lineup, and that's not Thibodeau's style.

PG. Rose, Hinrich
SG. Butler, Snell
SF. Dunleavy, McDermott
PF. Gasol, Mirotic, Bairstow
C. Noah, Gibson

There's some versatility in that lineup as a bunch of the guys can play multiple positions on the floor eg, Noah, Gasol, Taj all can play the 4 or 5, Butler either wing position, Hinrich either guard position, ect ect. The team will need to fill out the remaining two roster spots with vet min guys - I'd guess one of which will be a third point guard, and the other guy will probably be another wing.

Holding out hope they can land a guy like Ramon Sessions, Jordan Crawford, Jerryd Bayless or maybe even Shawn Marion.

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 02:09 AM
According to Millbuck, high school basketball in USA is a higher level than Euroleague.
You're seriously disputing this right now?

Shade8780
07-16-2014, 06:13 AM
The Darko Milicic of this draft class, expect Mirotic will actually be good.

East_Stone_Ya
07-16-2014, 06:45 AM
The Darko Milicic of this draft class, expect Mirotic will actually be good.

did not make sense

poido123
07-16-2014, 09:00 AM
I'd say he's more than a shooter. He handles the pNr well and finishes at the rim even after contact. He comes from the left or right, rolls deep and always fights for position. He's not very strong but he's a 6'10 big with better agility than players of similar height. He's also 99% of the time the frontman in transition. Not many shooters can grab a board, be the first at the other end of the floor and lay it up with ether hand even if he's snipped a bit.

Some good points there and you're right. :cheers:

I'd say he's got a bit of everything, without being elite in one particular area. Perhaps shooting, but we'll see how that translates to the NBA.

I expect him to have some bumps in the first half of the year, just like Teletovic did with the Nets.

SilkkTheShocker
07-16-2014, 09:04 AM
who cares who they sign? They can't beat LeBron :oldlol:

FlawlessVictory
07-16-2014, 09:15 AM
You'd be off thinking McDermott will see time at the 4, especially with how loaded the front court is now. He could maybe play some stretch 4, but it'd be a small ball lineup, and that's not Thibodeau's style.

PG. Rose, Hinrich
SG. Butler, Snell
SF. Dunleavy, McDermott
PF. Gasol, Mirotic, Bairstow
C. Noah, Gibson

There's some versatility in that lineup as a bunch of the guys can play multiple positions on the floor eg, Noah, Gasol, Taj all can play the 4 or 5, Butler either wing position, Hinrich either guard position, ect ect. The team will need to fill out the remaining two roster spots with vet min guys - I'd guess one of which will be a third point guard, and the other guy will probably be another wing.

Holding out hope they can land a guy like Ramon Sessions, Jordan Crawford, Jerryd Bayless or maybe even Shawn Marion..

They badly need a guard who can create his own offense. Nelson or Sessions would be ideal but not convinced they can land either...

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 09:28 AM

poido123
07-16-2014, 10:21 AM

Your predictions are normally shit. :oldlol:

pegasus
07-16-2014, 10:35 AM
I see SilkkTheShellShocked's head still lives deep in Lebron's ass. I wonder if it can even tell that they've moved 1250 miles north, leaving his useless body behind.

poido123
07-16-2014, 10:42 AM
I see SilkkTheShellShocked's head still lives deep in Lebron's ass. I wonder if it can even tell that they've moved 1250 miles north, leaving his useless body behind.

:oldlol: :roll:

Wavves
07-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Can't wait to see him play. Hope he is as good as what we have all been hearing :cheers:

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 10:48 AM
:oldlol: :roll:
replying to yourself.:roll:

poido123
07-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Can't wait to see him play. Hope he is as good as what we have all been hearing :cheers:

TBH, I think he might start out slow and everyone will start bagging Bulls fans.

After the All-Star break, I expect him to catch on. After all, he's been playing at a high level in the Euroleague, just needs to adjust to NBA speed.

Wavves
07-16-2014, 10:52 AM
TBH, I think he might start out slow and everyone will start bagging Bulls fans.

After the All-Star break, I expect him to catch on. After all, he's been playing at a high level in the Euroleague, just needs to adjust to NBA speed.
Yeah I could definitely see that happening.

I think he will work out. From what I have seen he is extremely talented.

poido123
07-16-2014, 10:52 AM
replying to yourself.:roll:

If you're gonna last on this board, at least try to be likeable :oldlol:

You're being a pest, I don't even know you. :hammerhead:

tontoz
07-16-2014, 11:18 AM

According to you neither could the Spurs, or anyone else.

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Nobody was counting the Spurs out.

The Bulls though....:roll:

Dengness9
07-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Dragic4life yet another Sillk alt to make himself feel like he has a friend.

Desperation.

eeeeeebro
07-16-2014, 02:30 PM
When rose is healthy our regular season is best ... So keep that in mind we are looking at a 60+ win season

Euroleague
07-16-2014, 07:29 PM

Every single Euroleague fan in this forum has said here repeatedly that he isn't.

You need to learn the difference between hype and reality.

He's being mega over hyped just like Rubio was. I'm not saying he's as bad as Rubio, just that he's super ridiculously over hyped in the USA and not even remotely near to as good as USA media and NBA fans claim he is.

"The best player in Europe" was more like the 5th best player on Real Madrid. Which is still a very good player, but that should tell you how absurd this hype is.

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Every single Euroleague fan in this forum has said here repeatedly that he isn't.

You need to learn the difference between hype and reality.

He's being mega over hyped just like Rubio was. I'm not saying he's as bad as Rubio, just that he's super ridiculously over hyped in the USA and not even remotely near to as good as USA media and NBA fans claim he is.

"The best player in Europe" was more like the 5th best player on Real Madrid. Which is still a very good player, but that should tell you how absurd this hype is.
Cut the shit, enough lies out of you. He just came off an MVP season, he's without a doubt the best player in Europe. And now he's off to bigger and better things with the NBA.

poido123
07-16-2014, 07:34 PM

:applause:

Maga_1
07-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Cut the shit, enough lies out of you. He just came off an MVP season, he's without a doubt the best player in Europe. And now he's off to bigger and better things with the NBA.

<----- MVP in Euroleague.

Euroleague
07-16-2014, 07:51 PM

He did not come off an MVP season. He did not win the MVP in Spanish League or Euroleague this season, either in the season or the playoffs in either league.

He was NOT the best player in Europe.

He was the FIFTH best player on his own team.

Your trolling needs a revamp. All this outright lying is really getting old.

Euroleague
07-16-2014, 07:53 PM
<----- MVP in Euroleague.

Maga, did you know that Millbuck claimed that Giannis Antetokounmpo was "the best player in the Euroleague at age 17"....................

No surprise he now takes the same route as guys like gabepizza and Rooster and starts making up fake awards also.

Like saying Mirotic won MVP awards that he of course didn't. I mean after all, according to Millbuck, Giannis was "Euroleague MVP at age 17"............

Jameerthefear
07-16-2014, 07:56 PM
Maga, did you know that Millbuck claimed that Giannis Antetokounmpo was "the best player in the Euroleague at age 17"....................

No surprise he now takes the same route as guys like gabepizza and Rooster and starts making up fake awards also.

Like saying Mirotic won MVP awards that he of course didn't. I mean after all, according to Millbuck, Giannis was "Euroleague MVP at age 17"............
Mirotic is the best player in Europe. I saw it on ESPN dumbass. They know more than you.

LeJohn Janes
07-16-2014, 08:00 PM
Euroleague is correct. There is no reason to be hyped about Mirotic.

The reason for that is the fact the the Euroleague is filled with complete scrubs at the moment. You only need to look at scrubs like V-Span winning MVP's recently to see that. It's a sad day.

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 08:02 PM
He did not come off an MVP season. He did not win the MVP in Spanish League or Euroleague this season, either in the season or the playoffs in either league.

He was NOT the best player in Europe.

He was the FIFTH best player on his own team.

Your trolling needs a revamp. All this outright lying is really getting old.
http://i.imgur.com/KEYNfVA.png

:roll: :roll: :roll:

1) He was the best player in Euroleague when he was there. Why the hell do you think he left to go pro with the NBA?

2) I never said he was the Euroleague MVP, he was a GREEK LEAGUE ALL STAR

http://i.imgur.com/GdB72Hu.png
http://i.imgur.com/fRiXv8c.png

More bullshit from the forum's greatest bullshitter :oldlol:

Maga_1
07-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Mirotic is the best player in Europe. I saw it on ESPN dumbass. They know more than you.

Is he? Only for ESPN then. :lol

Maga_1
07-16-2014, 08:05 PM
I know Millbuck is just having fun, so.. i'm not even going to argue :lol

Euroleague
07-16-2014, 08:18 PM
I know Millbuck is just having fun, so.. i'm not even going to argue :lol

You always say that. What you don't get is that every single one of these guys truly believes what they are saying by 100%.

Maga_1
07-16-2014, 08:20 PM
You always say that. What you don't get is that every single one of these guys truly believes what they are saying by 100%.

90% of the people do that to have fun with you, you know that.
The other 10% barely know european basketball, which is totally normal since they only see NBA.

I don't care what they say, if i cared i would not post here :oldlol:

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 08:26 PM
And I'm 100% right. I tend to believe facts.

Euroleague
07-16-2014, 09:08 PM
90% of the people do that to have fun with you, you know that.
The other 10% barely know european basketball, which is totally normal since they only see NBA.

I don't care what they say, if i cared i would not post here :oldlol:

No. They BELIEVE it.

They BELIEVE IT.

He absolutely BELIEVES that Mirotic was the Euroleague MVP and was the best player in Europe.

And that we are LIARS for saying otherwise.

He absolutely believes Antetokounmpo was the best player in Euroleague at age 17. He got into several huge arguments about it before.

He REALLY believes it.

Maga, you need to learn to be able to differentiate the trolls from the kool-aid drinkers. Milbuck isn't trolling - he's a kool-aid drinker.

Jameerthefear
07-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Your trolling reign ends here EL. Mirotic is the ****ing best player in Europe.

Euroleague
07-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Your trolling reign ends here EL. Mirotic is the ****ing best player in Europe.

Mirotic was the 5th best player on Real Madrid.

Also, if you make a thread on this forum claiming Mirotic was the "best player in Euroleague", all the Euroleague fans in the forum will tear you a new a-hole.

Maga_1
07-16-2014, 09:15 PM
No. They BELIEVE it.

They BELIEVE IT.

He absolutely BELIEVES that Mirotic was the Euroleague MVP and was the best player in Europe.

He absolutely believes Antetokounmpo was the best player in Euroleague at age 17. He got into a several huge arguments about it before.

He REALLY believes it.

Maga, you need to learn to be able to differentiate the trolls from the kool-aid drinkers. Milbuck isn't trolling - he's a kool-aid drinker.

It's your opinion, i'm not going to argue against that.
But i can clearly see when someone is joking or trying to get in your nerves or not. At least, i think.

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 09:17 PM
No. They BELIEVE it.

They BELIEVE IT.

He absolutely believes Antetokounmpo was the best player in Euroleague at age 17. He got into a several huge arguments about it before.

He REALLY believes it.

Maga, you need to learn to be able to differentiate the trolls from the kool-aid drinkers. Milbuck isn't trolling.
All I see are facts, and you blatantly dismissing them.

It's like someone attacking a physicist for thinking gravity is real..."those idiots ACTUALLY think gravity exists, they're not even trolling"

he's a kool-aid drinker.
Enough is enough with your racism.

beastee
07-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Can I ask a legit question here? Who the **** is Euroleague and why should any of us care? Thanks!

Euroleague
07-17-2014, 08:57 AM
It's your opinion, i'm not going to argue against that.
But i can clearly see when someone is joking or trying to get in your nerves or not. At least, i think.

No. let me classify it for you. Taking some of the board's biggest Euroleague bashers and haters,

gabepizza = certifiably insane and retarded, but not trolling ---> they believe it.

Dr.J4ever = certifiably insane and retarded, but not trolling ---> they believe it.

Rooster = trolling ---> a true trolling, lying douche scumbag.

CavsFTW = classic American NBA only fan ---> truly believes everything he is saying out of pure 100% xenophobia and ignorance.

Milbuck = a kool-aid drinker ---> not just a 100% classic American NBA only fan, but one on steroids times 10. The NBA isn't just a billion times better than the Euroleague as NBA only fans think, Euroleague isn't just high school level in USA, as NBA only fans think, any European player wasn't just the best player in Europe and the Euroleague MVP, as NBA only fans think, the worst NBA player isn't just going to be the MVP in Euroleague, etc....

It is all of those thoughts multiplied by 10 times.

He is like THE greatest of ALL American pure 100% NBA only fans. He is a pure kool aid drinker. he's not trolling at all.

Rooster - that guy is trolling. He is a pure troll. Milbuck, he is a TRUE BELIEVER in everything he is saying. And it's not that he's completely certifiably insane like guys like Dr.J4ever and gabepizza are, it's just that he seriously thinks that shit is actually legit and really true.

He actually REALLY believed Antetokounmpo played in the Euroleague at age 17 and was the best player there. He REALLY believed that. He has argued and argued about it here for months on end with several posters.

He still claims that "no one has provided any proof or evidence or legit sources that he did not play in the Euroleague at age 17 and that he was not the best player there". He has argued this not just with me, but with NUMEROUS people here, including many American posters.

kshutts1
07-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Can I ask a legit question here? Who the **** is Euroleague and why should any of us care? Thanks!
I will believe you when you say it's a legit question, seeking a legit answer.

Euroleague is.... no offense to him, as I have nothing personal against him... the resident geek/nerd? And everyone else is the HS bully. They pick on him because he reacts accordingly, but it's "funny" because it's the INTERNET and no one (should) cares.

It likely got this way because EL is a "troll" that always props up... the Euroleague. When this is an NBA forum. And, truth be told, the individual level of play in the EL is no where near the NBA individual level of play. And he won't back down from his stance.

I guess another analogy could be that EL is the Jehovah's Witness of the forum? Other people consider him a joke, and he either doesn't get it, or doesn't care, or gets it and is a genius for playing along.

Anyway, again... I have no problem with EL. I actually prefer him over those that constantly goad him. But you asked.

BigTicket
07-17-2014, 09:24 AM
How will he get any playing time ?

Between PF and C there are a total of 96 minutes of playing time per game.

Noah averaged 35mpg last year

Gasol averaged 31mpg last year

Taj Gibson averaged 29mpg last year

96-35-31-29 = 1mpg left for Mirotic

So the Bulls will either have to significantly reduce the amount of time that Noah/Gasol/Gibson plays, or they just got themselves a nice benchwarmer.

beastee
07-17-2014, 09:28 AM
I will believe you when you say it's a legit question, seeking a legit answer.

Euroleague is.... no offense to him, as I have nothing personal against him... the resident geek/nerd? And everyone else is the HS bully. They pick on him because he reacts accordingly, but it's "funny" because it's the INTERNET and no one (should) cares.

It likely got this way because EL is a "troll" that always props up... the Euroleague. When this is an NBA forum. And, truth be told, the individual level of play in the EL is no where near the NBA individual level of play. And he won't back down from his stance.

I guess another analogy could be that EL is the Jehovah's Witness of the forum? Other people consider him a joke, and he either doesn't get it, or doesn't care, or gets it and is a genius for playing along.

Anyway, again... I have no problem with EL. I actually prefer him over those that constantly goad him. But you asked.

Gotcha. Thanks. I always see people destroying him and he always has a reply. And from experience the JW analogy is about right. They don't care what anyone else thinks and are perfectly happy and nice people. But other people will ride them hard anyway. I will just grab some popcorn and watch his threads from now on...:applause:

kshutts1
07-17-2014, 09:30 AM
How will he get any playing time ?

Between PF and C there are a total of 96 minutes of playing time per game.

Noah averaged 35mpg last year

Gasol averaged 31mpg last year

Taj Gibson averaged 29mpg last year

96-35-31-29 = 1mpg left for Mirotic

So the Bulls will either have to significantly reduce the amount of time that Noah/Gasol/Gibson plays, or they just got themselves a nice benchwarmer.
Very logical post. :rolleyes:

More like... Noah will still get his 35mpg because he's a stud, and the heart and soul of the team.

Gasol hopefully gets 20-25. He's getting up in age, and not the defensive presence Thibs may want.
Taj gets similar time to Gasol. Worse player, but he's younger and a better defender.

Now we're at 75-85 mins of a total 96. So that leaves 10-20 a game for Mirotic. I anticipate his actual minutes to be on the low end of that.

But again, I'm a proponent for trading Taj now. Depth is great, but too much depth in one position while another is lacking is not a good recipe for success. Time to trade Taj/Dunleavy for a scoring/creating wing.

BigTicket
07-17-2014, 09:34 AM
Gasol hopefully gets 20-25. He's getting up in age, and not the defensive presence Thibs may want.
Taj gets similar time to Gasol. Worse player, but he's younger and a better defender..

You think Gasol and Taj will be ok with having their minutes cut like that ?

GimmeThat
07-17-2014, 09:38 AM
you know Steph Curry is trying to imagine how far the Warriors would go if they were in the Easter Conference.

Euroleague
07-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Gasol is old and he can't last a season unless his minutes are reduced. And Mirotic is going to need time to adjust to how NBA refs call the game, which is always a problem for players coming from Europe because NBA refs call fouls completely differently.

Besides the fact that Mirotic is only used to playing around 20-22 minutes or whatever in Europe anyway. So I don't think it's a big deal.

Jailblazers7
07-17-2014, 09:54 AM
I bet everyone's minutes drop a bit. Why play Noah 35 mpg when you can get away with 32-33 and have him with fresher legs during the playoffs. I'm sure there will be nights where Pau just straight up gets a night off for rest too.

Maybe they carve out enough time to give Mirotic 8 minutes at the 4 and then play a bigger line-up with him as a spot up SF for 3-4 minutes per game. He has to earn his minutes anyway. It might take a little creativity but I can see everyone getting minutes. I'd be hesitant to trade away that depth.

Euroleague
07-17-2014, 10:07 AM
I bet everyone's minutes drop a bit. Why play Noah 35 mpg when you can get away with 32-33 and have him with fresher legs during the playoffs. I'm sure there will be nights where Pau just straight up gets a night off for rest too.

Maybe they carve out enough time to give Mirotic 8 minutes at the 4 and then play a bigger line-up with him as a spot up SF for 3-4 minutes per game. He has to earn his minutes anyway. It might take a little creativity but I can see everyone getting minutes. I'd be hesitant to trade away that depth.

Mirotic was laterally one of the slowest power forwards on defense in the whole Euroleague. He was a huge liability defensively at power forward on the perimeter. He has absolutely zero chance of defending at the wing position.

If anything, he's closer to a five defensively than he is to a three.

Jailblazers7
07-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Mirotic was laterally one of the slowest power forwards on defense in the whole Euroleague. He was a huge liability defensively at power forward on the perimeter. He has absolutely zero chance of defending at the wing position.

Not saying that it's ideal but it is a possibility. The Bulls lack depth on the wing so they could try to plug him there for a few minutes per game to get a big floor spacer out there. It might be something they can live with on a limited basis defensively because of their size and defensive rotations. Obviously McDermott will get the majority of those minutes but they might need to get a little creative to get Mirotic on the floor.

Dr.J4ever
07-17-2014, 10:23 AM
No. let me classify it for you. Taking some of the board's biggest Euroleague bashers and haters,

gabepizza = certifiably insane and retarded, but not trolling ---> they believe it.

Dr.J4ever = certifiably insane and retarded, but not trolling ---> they believe it.

Rooster = trolling ---> a true trolling, lying douche scumbag.

CavsFTW = classic American NBA only fan ---> truly believes everything he is saying out of pure 100% xenophobia and ignorance.

Milbuck = a kool-aid drinker ---> not just a 100% classic American NBA only fan, but one on steroids times 10. The NBA isn't just a billion times better than the Euroleague as NBA only fans think, Euroleague isn't just high school level in USA, as NBA only fans think, any European player wasn't just the best player in Europe and the Euroleague MVP, as NBA only fans think, the worst NBA player isn't just going to be the MVP in Euroleague, etc....

It is all of those thoughts multiplied by 10 times.

He is like THE greatest of ALL American pure 100% NBA only fans. He is a pure kool aid drinker. he's not trolling at all.

Rooster - that guy is trolling. He is a pure troll. Milbuck, he is a TRUE BELIEVER in everything he is saying. And it's not that he's completely certifiably insane like guys like Dr.J4ever and gabepizza are, it's just that he seriously thinks that shit is actually legit and really true.

He actually REALLY believed Antetokounmpo played in the Euroleague at age 17 and was the best player there. He REALLY believed that. He has argued and argued about it here for months on end with several posters.

He still claims that "no one has provided any proof or evidence or legit sources that he did not play in the Euroleague at age 17 and that he was not the best player there". He has argued this not just with me, but with NUMEROUS people here, including many American posters.
:roll: :roll: Hmmm.....Hmmmmm.... I actually had fun reading this:lol

gabepizza
07-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Mirotic was the 5th best player on Real Madrid.

Also, if you make a thread on this forum claiming Mirotic was the "best player in Euroleague", all the Euroleague fans in the forum will tear you a new a-hole.

Yes the best players in Euroleague are Tyrese Rice, Alex Tyus, Ricky Hickman and Sergio Rodriguez!

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :roll:

Players that would have difficulty in the D-league!!!!

Dr.J4ever
07-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Yes the best players in Euroleague are Tyrese Rice, Alex Tyus, Ricky Hickman and Sergio Rodriguez!

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :roll:

Players that would have difficulty in the D-league!!!!

Welcome back Gabepizza.. While you were gone EL's been talking trash about you, how you were banned and all.:roll:

Euroleague
07-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Not saying that it's ideal but it is a possibility. The Bulls lack depth on the wing so they could try to plug him there for a few minutes per game to get a big floor spacer out there. It might be something they can live with on a limited basis defensively because of their size and defensive rotations. Obviously McDermott will get the majority of those minutes but they might need to get a little creative to get Mirotic on the floor.

He cannot defend any wings. He could barely defend any power forwards on the perimeter in Euroleague. Maybe in Euroleague rotation power forwards, the only one that was as slow moving as him laterally on defense was Savanovic, and I'm not even sure if Savanovic wasn't actually faster then him.

Again, he would be 100% more of a center than a small forward. It's not possible to consider him as a small forward. Because he will be the worst defender in the NBA by a country mile and then some.

It's possible to use him as a small ball center....using him as a small forward would be absolutely ridiculous. And I am completely positive that anyone that has actually seen him play would agree with that.

He is way too slow laterally. No way in hell is he playing on the wing. He's a power forward, that could possibly also be used as a small ball five, but either way he's going to have some issues on low post defense, because his upper body isn't that strong.

But putting him on the wing would be really stupid. He has absolutely no shot at even attempting to move his feet laterally defensively against wings.

Jailblazers7
07-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Dude, I get that he is slow and is a liability but I'm not saying he starts at the 3. I'm saying they might roll out a big line-up for a couple minutes per game. Why not experiment a bit? It's what Pop does all regular season and the Bulls will have plenty of opportunities to try things against teams like MIL and PHI.

It might not happen but I'd roll it out and see what happens.

Euroleague
07-18-2014, 03:48 AM
Dude, I get that he is slow and is a liability but I'm not saying he starts at the 3. I'm saying they might roll out a big line-up for a couple minutes per game. Why not experiment a bit? It's what Pop does all regular season and the Bulls will have plenty of opportunities to try things against teams like MIL and PHI.

It might not happen but I'd roll it out and see what happens.

That's fine and everything, but what I am saying is in that case you would use him as a center for 5 minutes, not as a small forward. Unless you just wanted the other teams to eventually all figure out they could just switch their best wing scorer on him and ISO every single time.

Which means that it eventually would either be giving up points and/or fouls the whole time he was being used at small forward, or that he simply didn't play those minutes. He could get pushed and shoved around at center, but he already can get pushed and shoved around at power forward. In all honestly, I think he can get pushed and shoved around at small forward, and I think a lot of small forwards can post him up also.

And he likes to stand behind the 3 point line anyway, so it does not really matter in the case of rebounding. So definitely if you want to experiment for 5 minutes it is better to use him at center and let him run the floor and spread the floor and do stuff like that.

At least as a center he could switch screens and show on picks and close out on bigs that could shoot on pick and pop. I can't imagine a single positive thing he could do on defense as a 3.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-18-2014, 03:52 AM
Mirotic is more athletic than LeBron and Durant combined

Milbuck
07-18-2014, 03:56 AM

This is complete nonsense, and spoken like a person who has never seen a single minute of Mirotic's game. He was one of the quickest, most agile PFs in all of Euroleague..it's one of the main reasons no one there could guard him. He's more than just an elite shooter for his size/position, and he's got more than an elite scoring skillset/BBIQ. He's just physically on a whole different level than his competition - hence the Euroleague MVP, and hence him migrating to the pros. He's certainly not going to have the physical advantage he had in Euroleague when he's playing against NBA athletes..but to suggest he's "slow" and an athletic "liability" is utterly ridiculous.

kshutts1
07-18-2014, 10:36 AM
You think Gasol and Taj will be ok with having their minutes cut like that ?
Are you a Bulls fan? Taj has been better than Boozer for quite some time now.. at least the last two seasons... and he's accepted coming off the bench. So yes, Taj would be OK with that.

And Pau should be smart enough at his age to know that we want 100% of him 60% of the time rather than 75% of him 75% of the time. Just my thoughts there.

That being said, once Minnesota trades away Kevin Love, could always offer them Taj for Martin and Turiaf.

Rubio/Barea
Lavine/Shved
Wiggins/Budinger
Dieng/Gibson
Pek/Thompson/Varejao (should be re-traded. Good asset)

Rose/Hinrich
Martin/Snell
Butler/Dunleavy/McDermott
Gasol/Mirotic
Noah/Turiaf

And I'm still a fan of trading Dunleavy. He's on a great deal and it's expiring, so nearly every team in the league should be interested. He's a good, cheap player though, so I wouldn't be too hurt if he stayed.

Euroleague
07-18-2014, 06:06 PM
This is complete nonsense, and spoken like a person who has never seen a single minute of Mirotic's game. He was one of the quickest, most agile PFs in all of Euroleague..it's one of the main reasons no one there could guard him. He's more than just an elite shooter for his size/position, and he's got more than an elite scoring skillset/BBIQ. He's just physically on a whole different level than his competition - hence the Euroleague MVP, and hence him migrating to the pros. He's certainly not going to have the physical advantage he had in Euroleague when he's playing against NBA athletes..but to suggest he's "slow" and an athletic "liability" is utterly ridiculous.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

Jailblazers7
07-18-2014, 06:12 PM
That's fine and everything, but what I am saying is in that case you would use him as a center for 5 minutes, not as a small forward. Unless you just wanted the other teams to eventually all figure out they could just switch their best wing scorer on him and ISO every single time.

Which means that it eventually would either be giving up points and/or fouls the whole time he was being used at small forward, or that he simply didn't play those minutes. He could get pushed and shoved around at center, but he already can get pushed and shoved around at power forward. In all honestly, I think he can get pushed and shoved around at small forward, and I think a lot of small forwards can post him up also.

And he likes to stand behind the 3 point line anyway, so it does not really matter in the case of rebounding. So definitely if you want to experiment for 5 minutes it is better to use him at center and let him run the floor and spread the floor and do stuff like that.

At least as a center he could switch screens and show on picks and close out on bigs that could shoot on pick and pop. I can't imagine a single positive thing he could do on defense as a 3.

Yeah, got it thanks. I'm just speculating based on roster composition. Maybe he does get some minutes at 5 with Taj on the floor as the PF but I'd imagine they'd rather use Pau there. But keeping Pau and Noah should be a priority so maybe there is time available at that spot. They could use help on the wings which is why I'm wondering if they experiment with him at the 3 a bit.

Euroleague
07-18-2014, 06:37 PM
Yeah, got it thanks. I'm just speculating based on roster composition. Maybe he does get some minutes at 5 with Taj on the floor as the PF but I'd imagine they'd rather use Pau there. But keeping Pau and Noah should be a priority so maybe there is time available at that spot. They could use help on the wings which is why I'm wondering if they experiment with him at the 3 a bit.

Why don't they just use Gibson as a 5 with Mirotic as a 4, going small ball for 5 minutes? I mean they already have a small ball 5 with Noah anyway.

ballinhun8
07-18-2014, 06:44 PM
Why don't they just use Gibson as a 5 with Mirotic as a 4, going small ball for 5 minutes? I mean they already have a small ball 5 with Noah anyway.

I think against certain teams they will be able to run a lineup like that. Except with Gasol at the 5.

For certain stretches we might see Rose/Dunleavy/McDermott/Mirotic/Gasol.

Basically surround Rose with shooters who will spread the floor. LeBron ain't locking that up!

Milbuck
07-18-2014, 06:59 PM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

:lol :oldlol: :roll:
Once again showing your complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Europe just lost it's best player, a year after it lost it's previous best player in Giannis. Enjoy watching the shitshow that Euroleague will be next year without him.

Jailblazers7
07-18-2014, 07:16 PM

Yeah, I would definitely roll that line-up out. I was just thinking that they'd be worried about overusing Dunleavy so they'd get a little creative at SF. But I think Snell might end up being the answer at that spot for when they'd rather go with a defensive line up. They actually have decent shooting on the wings now. I guess the minutes that Mirotic sees really depends on the health of Pau and Noah and how much they plan to rest them during the season.

Euroleague
07-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Once again showing your complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Europe just lost it's best player, a year after it lost it's previous best player in Giannis. Enjoy watching the shitshow that Euroleague will be next year without him.

Do you ever stop trolling?

Euroleague
07-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I would definitely roll that line-up out. I was just thinking that they'd be worried about overusing Dunleavy so they'd get a little creative at SF. But I think Snell might end up being the answer at that spot for when they'd rather go with a defensive line up. They actually have decent shooting on the wings now. I guess the minutes that Mirotic sees really depends on the health of Pau and Noah and how much they plan to rest them during the season.

Considering Pau's age, they really should rest him him. They should use him how Popovich uses Duncan.

Jailblazers7
07-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Considering Pau's age, they really should rest him him. They should use him how Popovich uses Duncan.

Yeah true he shouldn't only play 26-27 per game and I'd bump noah down to like 32 ish instead of the 35 he played last year.