PDA

View Full Version : So what's left for the Knicks this offseason?

DStebb716
07-13-2014, 08:46 PM
So far they've turned a player that doesn't fit the system (Chandler) into Jose Calderon, Sam Dalembert, Shane Larkin, Cleanthony Early, a $3.6M trade exception and dumping Raymond Felton.

Then Melo announced he'll return.

That gives them a rotation something like:

Calderon/Larkin/Prigioni
Smith/Shumpert
Melo/Hardaway/Early
Amar'e/Bargnani
Dalembert/Aldrich

What can they do for the remainder of the offseason? They can sign any free agent minimum deal along with one to the $3M mini-mid level exception. They also have that trade exception.

So what can they do? There's reports they want to bring in Trevor Booker.

SouBeachTalents
07-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Trade Melo for LeBron straight up

Boarder Patrol
07-13-2014, 08:52 PM
I'd like to see us trade Bargs and Shump or a different prospect for cap space to get under the tax. Or just buyout Bargs, really all I want done getting under tax would be a bonus.

Assuming we're looking to make the playoffs, we need some vets and some defense up front. Kenyon Martin for the min is fine, then I'd like to see us split the mini mid level between Ivan Johnson and Alan Anderson.

Calderon / Prigs / Larkin
Smith / Shump / Hardaway
Melo / Anderson / Early
Amare / Johnson / Tyler
Dally / Aldrich / Martin

Then from there, if you trade Bargs and Shump for cap space you can get under the tax/hard cap and we could use the 3.6 million trade exception for someone like Marion. Perfect fit to start at the 4 next to Melo.

Jose / Prigioni / Larkin
Smith / Hardaway
Melo / Anderson / Early
Marion / STAT / Johnson
Dally / Aldrich / Martin

Skyscraper
07-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Knicks can do whatever they want.

Nets > Knicks again this season in the standings

smoovegittar
07-13-2014, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=Boarder Patrol]I'd like to see us trade Bargs and Shump or a different prospect for cap space to get under the tax. Or just buyout Bargs, really all I want done getting under tax would be a bonus.

Assuming we're looking to make the playoffs, we need some vets and some defense up front. Kenyon Martin for the min is fine, then I'd like to see us split the mini mid level between Ivan Johnson and Alan Anderson.

Not bad, but I don't want Martin. Dude played like 40-odd games last season; I'd rather give Thanasis a shot. I'm not hung up on the playoffs as much as getting some youth in here and seeing them gel. Go for the vets in 2015 to round it out.

Pleased with 2 Summer League games. keep the youth! We have the teachers now. - just my opinion -

bagelred
07-13-2014, 09:06 PM
I can't believe you put Larkin in front of Prigioni. You're a Knicks fan?

smoovegittar
07-13-2014, 09:06 PM

What are YOU smoking? Pierce's old sneakers?

smoovegittar
07-13-2014, 09:07 PM
I can't believe you put Larkin in front of Prigioni. You're a Knicks fan?
Have to. Pablo is insurance at this point, and Larkin is improving daily. Prigi is what now, 37?

Jameerthefear
07-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Decent. Won't make the playoffs though.

niko
07-13-2014, 09:11 PM

Nets are dysfunctional. Dysfunction doesn't breed success. I know this first hand. Nets lose their coach, went into cost cutting even though they have one of the highest payrolls in the league, and are forcing Garnett to return even though he does not want to (they refused buyout discussions).

That combined with a new system again and injury concerns is not a good look.

Real14
07-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Knicks need another good point, better defenders that can also shoot the three and two better bigs thats better than wack ass dalembert. Phil won't disappoint us no matter what though.

Real14
07-13-2014, 09:19 PM
What are YOU smoking? Pierce's old sneakers?
Even pierce left them krusty niguhz:lol k.g might leave or retire him damn self:oldlol:

Meticode
07-13-2014, 09:19 PM

They might be better, but they don't have a long-term goal right now for winning. They're barely competitive as it is right now. They dumped all that money on those veterans who are declining. Basically this is what the Nets are doing...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3235964/throw-away-money-o.gif

WhySoInsecure?
07-13-2014, 09:20 PM
They should try to flip Bargs and JR for Eric Gordon.

smoovegittar
07-13-2014, 09:22 PM
I'd be down with this.

smoovegittar
07-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Even pierce left them krusty niguhz:lol k.g might leave or retire him damn self:oldlol:
KG. THAT mutha****a is gonna be one mean bitch this season.

Real14
07-13-2014, 09:24 PM
I will say hell no, they better give us another quality player too.

Real14
07-13-2014, 09:26 PM
KG. THAT mutha****a is gonna be one mean bitch this season.
Hell yea, I'm just disappointed that he have to end his career like this.

EricGordon23
07-13-2014, 09:26 PM
They should try to get monroe or josh smith

smoovegittar
07-13-2014, 09:27 PM
They should try to get monroe or josh smith
Josh Smith ain't got a brain in his head. Not with this team and this direction now.

Dagouch
07-13-2014, 09:32 PM
As crazy as it sounds I think Amare will be able to contribute. He put up some nice production at the end of the season. He'll be in last year of his contract and he will be great on the second unit providing his body holds up.

smoovegittar
07-13-2014, 09:33 PM
As crazy as it sounds I think Amare will be able to contribute. He put up some nice production at the end of the season. He'll be in last year of his contract and he will be great on the second unit providing his body holds up.
I don't think this sounds crazy at all. He looked damn good in games where teams went small-ball.

WhySoInsecure?
07-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Yeah I'm really hoping Amare and Bargs step it up in their contract years.