PDA

View Full Version : Is there no Hometown Loyalty on ISH?

SupermanOnSteroids
07-13-2014, 11:10 PM
I come from India. When I was in India there was only one sport. Cricket. And we didn't play against each other within the country other than for practice, we played other countries. So loyalties were very very strong. No Indian was an Australian player nutthugger and vice versa too. Every Indian rooted for every Indian no matter how strong the side was. Win or lose, we only had one side.

Well, that was childhood and I'm in the US now and here NBA/NFL is played between city vs city. But still. I'm from Dallas and I love Dallas teams. Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers, Stars. Das it mane. I can't imagine rooting for any team or any one outside of my city. Dallas is my city, Texas is my state. And thats what I root for. Dirk is my favorite sports athlete ever and even if he were to leave Dallas mid career, I would wish him the best and hope he always loses against my team and continue rooting for the Mavs. No doubt about it. **** Josh Hamilton. Welcome Prince Fielder. Good luck Vince Carter, welcome Chandler Parsons. Its all about the colors they wear and the city they represent. Thats not going to change. The team remains constant. Players run after money (and titles).

What I can't get is how ISH is primarily a player stan site. Seriously, there are more player stans on here, and proud of it, than there are team fans. How can you nutt hugg an individual who has no clear destination over a team that you can call your own for a life time and pass on to your kids. Lebron leaves Cleveland, people follow him to Miami. If you live in Cleveland, I hope you were one of the ones who burnt his jerseys. Whether you chose to put his dick back in your mouth or not is up to you if you're a Cleveland fan (personally I wouldn't) but still, don't follow the duchebag from Cleveland to Miami and back to Cleveland (there are respectable Cleveland fans on here who don't buy this Lebron coming back home shtick).

There are too many avatar changes, too many switched loyalties. Team avatars getting switched. What are your Lebron stans, Heat fans or Cavs fans? Pick one. Quit sucking a single guy's dick and following him around all over the NBA world in search for his next ring. Pick a team and call that team your team. Root for that team and make your kids that team's fans. Players come and go, TEAMS remain constant, good or bad times, but teams remain constant.

Cocaine80s
07-13-2014, 11:13 PM
your home country is india.

youre not allowed to root for a team in the u.s according to your logic

outbreak
07-13-2014, 11:22 PM
One thing you are missing is that the NBA is far more player driven than cricket is. You're also ignoring the fact that in cricket players are in and out of the side all the time. You're also ignoring the indian domestic structure (including the ipl) where people do actually follow local teams. Hell in the IPL there is a huge number of bandwagon fans who swap jerseys every time the auction happens. International cricket though is just a different beast compared to a franchise based sport that is so dependant on star players. India is also a top cricket team, regardless of their ups and downs they are one of the powerhouse countries in cricket and will always have good schedules and shouldn't be dropping to the point where they can't regularly beat up on the lesser nations. Also a lot of stans probably come from states without teams

I'm like you though, I pick my team and I stay true to my team and a large portion of ISH is the same you're just focusing on the stans.

outbreak
07-13-2014, 11:23 PM
I think the majority of stans aren't from the US (well atleast bran stans and I guess some kobe fans), so it's hard to have a 'connection' to a team. But I mean I moved to Australia and I know a lot of people that are fans of random teams and don't just jump from team to team because of a player they like.

I think the worst is when you live in a state with a team in it, but you are a stan of some other player or even a fan of another team that's not the one in your state. You have no excuse for that...
unless you moved to the state or you're states club is an expansion team and you're older than they are.

LBJFTW
07-13-2014, 11:25 PM
Cricket never had a Michael Jordan. You expect kids not to root for and be a fan of MJ in the 90's up till today (same with other great players) when the media pushes the whole "like mike" down out throats? There wasn't a single park in the states in the 90's that ran full court that didn't have someone wearing Jordan, whether it was shoes or a jersey.

MJ transcended sports and make it ok to root for players not from your home city or state.

Lots of euro ish members on here. If not for MJ, they'd be destroyed for rooting for a USA basketball player.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-13-2014, 11:26 PM
when i was there we sucked. still didn't deter me from watching and rooting for the next match. we became better and eventually won the world cup, thats what made it all the more satisfactory.

it wasn't like saying that THIS guy is the best player in the world and I will follow him to whichever team he goes to because the odds of winning are all the more better with him on whichever team he's on.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Cricket never had a Michael Jordan.

Donald Bradman, Sachin Tendulkar.

outbreak
07-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Cricket never had a Michael Jordan. You expect kids not to root for and be a fan of MJ in the 90's up till today (same with other great players) when the media pushes the whole "like mike" down out throats? There wasn't a single park in the states in the 90's that ran full court that didn't have someone wearing Jordan, whether it was shoes or a jersey.

MJ transcended sports and make it ok to root for players not from your home city or state.

Lots of euro ish members on here. If not for MJ, they'd be destroyed for rooting for a USA basketball player.
bradman, tendulkar, ponting, lara, warne, richards etc

it's different because you're were always going for you're country and teams weren't playing each other all the time and other teams matches don't really impact you're teams season or anything. I can just as happily watch the current india england series and hope my favourite players from each side do well. It's different to basketball.

jlip
07-13-2014, 11:45 PM
unless you moved to the state or you're states club is an expansion team and you're older than they are.

This.

I was 23 when the Grizzlies moved here to Memphis. While I will always support the home team, my b-ball allegiance was determined way before there was ever a team within 300 miles of my city/ state. I must admit that between '93 and '97 almost everyone in Memphis was at least a partial Orlando Magic fan because of the hometown "hero" Penny Hardaway.

Collie
07-14-2014, 12:05 AM
A lot of people here come from places that don't have an NBA team. Look at someone like Lebron23. I don't blame him for being a Lebron fanatic. How can you root for a hometown team when you don't have any connection with the area?

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:07 AM
A lot of people here come from places that don't have an NBA team. Look at someone like Lebron23. I don't blame him for being a Lebron fanatic. How can you root for a hometown team when you don't have any connection with the area?

go to an NFL forum and ask Dallas/Pittsburgh fans if their city has an NFL franchise and whether they would follow a player over their team. IMO NBA fans are much more fickle than NFL fans.

BlazerRed
07-14-2014, 12:09 AM
We have cities in America, not just towns.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:12 AM
We have cities in America, not just towns.
and thats relevant to this thread how?

BlazerRed
07-14-2014, 12:15 AM
and thats relevant to this thread how?
http://www.worst-city.com/Slums/images/Living-in-a-Shanty-Town-Bombay-India.jpg

Collie
07-14-2014, 12:15 AM
go to an NFL forum and ask Dallas/Pittsburgh fans if their city has an NFL franchise and whether they would follow a player over their team. IMO NBA fans are much more fickle than NFL fans.

Basketball is a far more player-driven game than American football. It's easy to connect with the stars in the NBA on an individual basis since you can clearly see their impact and basketball stats are generally uniform. It's easier to become a fan of a specific player, in a sense.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Look up Detroit 1st world country.

BlazerRed
07-14-2014, 12:18 AM
Look up Detroit 1st world country.
Never heard of it? :confusedshrug:

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:23 AM
OP I just saw this in another thread

http://i.imgur.com/EZuvo2Y.png

Thought you said you were Indian? No hometown loyalty from you? Jumping from country to country? :biggums:
lol. gotta promote copy pastas.

Fawker
07-14-2014, 12:24 AM
I come from India.
:biggums:

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:26 AM
:biggums:
that odd?

BlazerRed
07-14-2014, 12:30 AM
lol. gotta promote copy pastas.
Fake and gay. OP exposed as a fraud run of the mill troll.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:38 AM
Fake and gay. OP exposed as a fraud run of the mill troll.
hu hu hu hu hu hu hu

nice comeback.

BlazerRed
07-14-2014, 12:41 AM
hu hu hu hu hu hu hu

nice comeback.
Go back to 4chan kid, maybe they'll like you there. You're clearly not made for the big league :sleeping

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:42 AM
Go back to 4chan kid, maybe they'll like you there. You're clearly not made for the big league :sleeping
try me fool. why don't you put some real meat in your responses and wait for my to reply back to you and then we'll see.

Warfan
07-14-2014, 12:42 AM
Holy shit SupermanOnSteroids is all out of his "witty" retorts

RIP SOS You had a good run

:roll: :roll:

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:43 AM
Holy shit SupermanOnSteroids is all out of his "witty" retorts

RIP SOS You had a good run
you go back to sucking lebron's dick as usual.

do not interfere.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:44 AM
:roll: :roll:
the amount of smiley faces in your responses describe your level of intelligence. every time.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:47 AM
3 LeBail stans vs 1. Bring it on **** suckers.

BlazerRed
07-14-2014, 12:51 AM
Dude gets exposed and goes into full meltdown, this shit is ugly..

http://i.minus.com/iw4VK62u7YOvc.gif

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:52 AM
I just call the obvious. If you can't get LeBron's balls out of your mouth long enough to see reality its not my fault. I bet if Lebron broke into your house at night and raped your mom and dipped his nuts into your mouth, you would thank him and tell him that they taste like strawberries.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:53 AM
3rd grade responses are worthless trolls.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 12:54 AM
so let me get this straight. the more rolling smiley faces i have in my responses, means the funnier i am?

Warfan
07-14-2014, 12:58 AM
Chernobyl

zoom17
07-14-2014, 01:00 AM
http://www.multimediagames.com/sites/default/files/images/game-banner-images/MGAM_MegaMeltdown_Banner.jpg

Legends66NBA7
07-14-2014, 01:02 AM
It's good to have another Indian (if you are being truthful OP) on ISH that loves the sport of Cricket. I to remember growing up how much country loves Cricket and they loved the players. If they lost, they would also turn on most of them. The most respected players from Indian cricket players IMO are Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Gavaskar, Kumble, and Dev... in that order.

Also, while never rooted for another side and despised Australia... I did have respect for the players. It's important that you still show class of Cricket. I still respected players from other sides like Saeed Anwar, Adam Gilchrist, Wasim Akram, Michael Vaughan, Muttiah Muralitharan, Daniel Vettori, Shaun Pollock, etc... I've grown up and realize I can still respect the players and support the side.

As for the rest of your post... you have to realize that not everybody can be the same. Were all different and we have choices. One can still always be loyal and respect other teams/players, etc... It could be a different culture, different society, whatever... If people like to stan a player, that it is what it is.

Let them be, unless it's just in for being obnoxious and trolling.

J Shuttlesworth
07-14-2014, 01:03 AM
It's good to have another Indian (if you are being truthful OP) on ISH that loves the sport of Cricket. I to remember growing up how much country loves Cricket and they loved the players. If they lost, they would also turn on most of them. The most respected players from Indian IMO are Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Gavaskar, Kumble, and Dev... in that order.

Also, while never rooted for another side and despised Australia... I did have respect for the players. It's important that you still show class of Cricket. I still respected players from other sides like Saeed Anwar, Adam Gilchrist, Wasim Akram, Michael Vaughan, Muttiah Muralitharan, Daniel Vettori, Shaun Pollock, etc... I've grown up and realize I can still respect the players and support the side.

As for the rest of your post... you have to realize that not everybody can be the same. Were all different and we have choices. One can still always be loyal and respect other teams/players, etc... It could be a different culture, different society, whatever... If people like to stan a player, that it is what it is.

Let them be, unless it's just in for being obnoxious and trolling.
Don't get to excited. He posted this in the dwight palestine thread:

Never knew you were Indian though. I'm Paki :cheers: Punjabi, to be specific

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 01:04 AM
indian Punjabi

Legends66NBA7
07-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Indian Mangalorean.

There are quiet a lot of us South Asian basketball fans on here.

DaSeba5
07-14-2014, 01:13 AM
I was born and raised in South FL therefore I'm loyal to the South FL teams. Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat, Miami Marlins, Florida Panthers, Miami Hurricanes, FAU Owls (where I go to school).

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 01:49 AM
Indian Mangalorean.

There are quiet a lot of us South Asian basketball fans on here.
Honestly don't know what that is? Same as Bangelore?

Legends66NBA7
07-14-2014, 02:01 AM
Honestly don't know what that is? Same as Bangelore?

Originally from the city of Mangalore. I've lived in Mumbai as well.

Mangalorean Indians are similar to Goan Indians.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 02:03 AM
:cheers:

CavaliersFTW
07-14-2014, 02:30 AM
OP I just saw this in another thread

Thought you said you were Indian? No hometown loyalty from you? Jumping from country to country? :biggums:
http://thehearingprofessionals.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hi-health-023.gif

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 02:34 AM
for those who are unaware, its a copy pasta. i simply switched indian with palestanian. google it if you want. its pretty famous.

google "im indian and let me tell you" and get back to me.

BlazerRed
07-14-2014, 02:38 AM
for those who are unaware, its a copy pasta. i simply switched indian with palestanian. google it if you want. its pretty famous.

google "im indian and let me tell you" and get back to me.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 02:39 AM
sure

are you retarded by any chance? b/c you posts make me seriously think twice about whether i should ridicule you or take pity on you.

BlazerRed
07-14-2014, 02:53 AM
sure

are you retarded by any chance? b/c you posts make me seriously think twice about whether i should ridicule you or take pity on you.
Keep editing your posts bro, fumin' :oldlol:

Taller than CP3
07-14-2014, 03:02 AM
I am Indian and let me tell you, being indian is actually a great thing. we have
beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for 1 am a
great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life
and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me.
also, indian parents are one of the best parents you can have. sometimes they
can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they
will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish
****head. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all
love and take care off.

robert de niro
07-14-2014, 03:14 AM
fascinating story

Taller than CP3
07-14-2014, 03:18 AM
fascinating story

u shut ur whore mouth, im fawkin zeez bruh

Bless Mathews
07-14-2014, 03:21 AM
I come from India. When I was in India there was only one sport. Cricket. And we didn't play against each other within the country other than for practice, we played other countries. So loyalties were very very strong. No Indian was an Australian player nutthugger and vice versa too. Every Indian rooted for every Indian no matter how strong the side was. Win or lose, we only had one side.

Well, that was childhood and I'm in the US now and here NBA/NFL is played between city vs city. But still. I'm from Dallas and I love Dallas teams. Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers, Stars. Das it mane. I can't imagine rooting for any team or any one outside of my city. Dallas is my city, Texas is my state. And thats what I root for. Dirk is my favorite sports athlete ever and even if he were to leave Dallas mid career, I would wish him the best and hope he always loses against my team and continue rooting for the Mavs. No doubt about it. **** Josh Hamilton. Welcome Prince Fielder. Good luck Vince Carter, welcome Chandler Parsons. Its all about the colors they wear and the city they represent. Thats not going to change. The team remains constant. Players run after money (and titles).

What I can't get is how ISH is primarily a player stan site. Seriously, there are more player stans on here, and proud of it, than there are team fans. How can you nutt hugg an individual who has no clear destination over a team that you can call your own for a life time and pass on to your kids. Lebron leaves Cleveland, people follow him to Miami. If you live in Cleveland, I hope you were one of the ones who burnt his jerseys. Whether you chose to put his dick back in your mouth or not is up to you if you're a Cleveland fan (personally I wouldn't) but still, don't follow the duchebag from Cleveland to Miami and back to Cleveland (there are respectable Cleveland fans on here who don't buy this Lebron coming back home shtick).

There are too many avatar changes, too many switched loyalties. Team avatars getting switched. What are your Lebron stans, Heat fans or Cavs fans? Pick one. Quit sucking a single guy's dick and following him around all over the NBA world in search for his next ring. Pick a team and call that team your team. Root for that team and make your kids that team's fans. Players come and go, TEAMS remain constant, good or bad times, but teams remain constant.

:applause:

Dats what we call keeping it real.