PDA

View Full Version : So Houston lost Parsons, Lin, Asik, 2x1st rounders and got back Ariza

Aidz
07-14-2014, 02:10 AM
Is this the WOAT offseason by a GM?

They could have even kept Parsons on 1 mill for this year, and then still signed Ariza (who's going to suck, btw).

Houston is dead for the next 5 years.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2014, 02:11 AM
lol yeah it's been an awful off-season...do they have any cap space left?

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 02:11 AM
houston offseason is a typical example of a GM outsmarting himself.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-14-2014, 02:12 AM
lol yeah it's been an awful off-season...do they have any cap space left?
they do, but whose left outside of stephenson and he plays the same position as harden.

Aidz
07-14-2014, 02:15 AM
they do, but whose left outside of stephenson and he plays the same position as harden.

If I was Houston I'd be looking at big trades for Harden. You can't win with a guy who plays no D.

I wonder if OKC would do Harden+ for Westbrook.

Only problem is Harden's trade value has plummeted.

VIntageNOvel
07-14-2014, 02:17 AM

They could have even kept Parsons on 1 mill for this year, and then still signed Ariza (who's going to suck, btw).

no, houston tradin lin ass (literally) was the reason why parson decide to move

Aidz
07-14-2014, 02:19 AM
no, houston tradin lin ass (literally) was the reason why parson decide to move

No, Houston made Parsons a RFA by not picking up his final year. They could have kept him on 1 mill for 1 more year, then he would become UNRFA.

They got ****ed both ways - didn't sign him for new long term deal, didn't keep him for 1 more year on the cheap.

UK2K
07-14-2014, 03:07 AM
Trevor Ariza 32 Points/10 Threes Full Highlights …: http://youtu.be/1ciWlWUjj7U

Ariza IS Parsons... But with defense.

People see Parsons as a 'Big 3' with Harden and Howard but the truth is, he's a role player. That's why he wasn't matched.

russwest0
07-14-2014, 03:12 AM
[QUOTE=UK2K]Trevor Ariza 32 Points/10 Threes Full Highlights

coin24
07-14-2014, 03:33 AM
People saying Ariza is a good replacement for Parsons are on the same level of stupid as Jameer saying Payton is better than Exum:lol :lol

Rockets fu*ked up royally this offseason...

Unlucky dwert:oldlol:

UK2K
07-14-2014, 03:48 AM
ariza is 30 years old and while he had the best year of his career last year who's to say he's gonna keep up that production now that he's been paid
He won't.

But in an offense designed for spot up shooters and lacking defense, Parsons replacement shoots a better 3pt % (41% vs 37%) and plays much better defense.

And at half the price, he'll fit in just fine.

Again if the rockets use the rest of their cap room it was a good move. If they don't, then letting Parsons go was pointless even if hes not worth 15m.

I<3NBA
07-14-2014, 04:48 AM
Rockets' refusal to admit that Harden is what makes their team worse will be their downfall.

Milbuck
07-14-2014, 04:52 AM
Ariza IS Parsons... But with defense.

People see Parsons as a 'Big 3' with Harden and Howard but the truth is, he's a role player. That's why he wasn't matched.
Keep telling yourself this :oldlol: You got rejected hard by your biggest FA targets and gutted your team for Trevor ****ing Ariza. You know this is killing you.

Blue&Orange
07-14-2014, 04:53 AM
Rockets traded asik for a 1rst round pick? So there wasn't one east team with one 1st round pick to spare?

Milbuck
07-14-2014, 04:59 AM
I honestly think they miss the playoffs. Rocket fans are - understandably - overrating the shit out of Trevor "**** trying if it isn't a contract year" Ariza, and completely dismissing how rough it's gonna be getting through an 82-game season without 3 of their important pieces from the previous season. They just destroyed their depth, and heaped a TON of pressure onto Dwight and Harden..those two might be good enough to help that team scrape through to the playoffs, but if they make it there, they're getting slaughtered.

Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Warriors
Blazers
Mavericks
Grizzlies*
Suns*
Pelicans*

That's 6 teams I'd definitely favor over Houston going into the regular season, and a few more that are debatable barring injuries, marked by an asterisk.

UK2K
07-14-2014, 05:23 AM
Rockets traded asik for a 1rst round pick? So there wasn't one east team with one 1st round pick to spare?
None that wanted Asik.

They're all tanking.

UK2K
07-14-2014, 05:23 AM
Keep telling yourself this :oldlol: You got rejected hard by your biggest FA targets and gutted your team for Trevor ****ing Ariza. You know this is killing you.
What part of that post isn't true?

Fact is they could have matched if they wanted to.. It wouldn't have put them in the LT. Cuban and Carlisle told Parsons he is a franchise player... They must believe that yo offer him 15m whereas Houston saw him as a role player, and even mentioned they wanted the third star during the season when Parsons was on the team. He's a good role player that will average 17,6,5, worth about 10m or so per year. Nothing more.

Other than Beverly, he was my second favorite player, but if you watched the Rockets, you would see Ariza and Parsons are similar. Houston fans are just upset they didn't match AND they didn't use the cap space they have to fill out the roster, which could and probably will change.

bagelred
07-14-2014, 07:17 AM
Morey did right thing in dumping Asik and Lin to try to get Melo or Bosh. You have to go for it and see if you can get another championship piece.

There was NO EXCUSE for letting Parsons out of his tiny contract. Morey let him out because this year he'd be "restricted". Well what good did that do him? Morey had right to match Mavs and didn't do it. :hammerhead: He could have had Parsons for one year cheaply, and then resigned Parsons next year using Bird Rights.

:oldlol: Morey was thinking too much and not doing the obvious.

brooks_thompson
07-14-2014, 07:37 AM
Morey did right thing in dumping Asik and Lin to try to get Melo or Bosh. You have to go for it and see if you can get another championship piece.

There was NO EXCUSE for letting Parsons out of his tiny contract. Morey let him out because this year he'd be "restricted". Well what good did that do him? Morey had right to match Mavs and didn't do it. :hammerhead: He could have had Parsons for one year cheaply, and then resigned Parsons next year using Bird Rights.

While this is all true, and I'm happy to see Morey's team-building philosophy blow up in his face, the talk of the town is that the Parsons opt-out was a condition of the Dwight signing.

Aidz
07-14-2014, 08:34 AM

Wouldn't Parsons be UNRFA next year? Meaning no bird rights?

Johnny Jones
07-14-2014, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=UK2K]Trevor Ariza 32 Points/10 Threes Full Highlights

STATUTORY
07-14-2014, 08:39 AM
Morey has no understanding of team building, roster construction or even fundamental basketball concepts

dude just wants to stack superstars on superstars

what a clown

hawkfan
07-14-2014, 08:41 AM
They have cap space and a need at point guard.

Maybe Mo Williams.

Also they could use help at power forward.

Maybe Kris Humphries.

NBASTATMAN
07-14-2014, 08:41 AM

3 good players left and they got Ariza in return... Ariza is a good player but you lost Asik, Lin, and Parsons... :facepalm

Houston fans have to be pissed

tontoz
07-14-2014, 08:46 AM
:lol @ people acting like the offseason is over in mid-July. So much stupidity in this thread.

GimmeThat
07-14-2014, 08:59 AM
I don't even think losing Parsons, Lin, Asik is that big of a deal than the 2x1st rounders.

That's what really hurts.

Beverly/Harden/Ariza however you want to look at it, is a pretty potent scoring combination at the back court.

Beverly is really an undersized slashing point guard. which means that unlike Lin, who drives (not as effectively, since he is bigger after all) Beverly is going to be able to finish or create spacing for the big in the paint.

The Rockets are not nearly as starter heavy now, but then with Harden/Howard, they can really run with any unit quite easily. If this is a move to add more depth onto the bench.

Some big fowards who can shoot, as well as another swing(guard/foward) player. That's still a 4/5th seed as well as possible 2nd rounder team.

villanueva/turner

and boom.

YouGotServed
02-06-2015, 11:56 PM
I honestly think they miss the playoffs. Rocket fans are - understandably - overrating the shit out of Trevor "**** trying if it isn't a contract year" Ariza, and completely dismissing how rough it's gonna be getting through an 82-game season without 3 of their important pieces from the previous season. They just destroyed their depth, and heaped a TON of pressure onto Dwight and Harden..those two might be good enough to help that team scrape through to the playoffs, but if they make it there, they're getting slaughtered.

Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Warriors
Blazers
Mavericks
Grizzlies*
Suns*
Pelicans*

That's 6 teams I'd definitely favor over Houston going into the regular season, and a few more that are debatable barring injuries, marked by an asterisk.

http://i.imgur.com/29Xmsza.jpg

navy
02-06-2015, 11:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/29Xmsza.jpg
:roll:

Milbuck
02-06-2015, 11:58 PM
Houston seriously is missing the playoffs. Roughly half the season left to play. OKC, NO making the push, Houston slides. This is where the bullshit officiating stops.

RightTwoCensor
02-06-2015, 11:59 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/e16dd16f4de841b391f118f72714a54e/tumblr_inline_nbat9kBEXc1satqni.gif

UK2K
02-07-2015, 12:09 AM

Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Warriors
Blazers
Mavericks
Grizzlies*
Suns*
Pelicans*

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Ahh you're too much

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You nailed that one.