PDA

View Full Version : Doug mcdermott s SUMMER LEAGUE 30 point game tonight almost beat....

Bless Mathews
07-14-2014, 03:42 AM
The dude who scored on Germany for star of the night on sportscenter as voted by viewers.

All you soccer loving euro idiots go somewhere else with that "worldwide" nonsense

This is a nba message board.

We hoop in the USA.

GTFO

U-S-A. U-S-A!!!!!!!!

FKAri
07-14-2014, 03:58 AM
Youre comparing summer league to the world cup final :lol

I<3NBA
07-14-2014, 05:00 AM
you're the only f@gg0t here who's mentioned the world cup in the NBA forum. so who's the f@gg0t?

BlazerRed
07-14-2014, 05:30 AM
I don't get it, what are you saying?

sweggeh
07-14-2014, 05:33 AM
:oldlol: Stick with your checkers Americans, while the rest of the world plays chess.

JtotheIzzo
07-14-2014, 05:37 AM
:oldlol: Stick with your checkers Americans, while the rest of the world plays chess.

I like soccer, but this is a really dumb comment. If anything American Football is chess and soccer is checkers. The gridiron game is infinitely more complex than the footie game, so I am not really sure where you are basing your reasoning from unless you are just blatantly trolling.

Denitron
07-14-2014, 05:48 AM
Dat boy Dougie :bowdown:

dannywpt
07-14-2014, 05:51 AM
"Bulls got their Melo"

Bless Mathews
07-14-2014, 08:33 AM
EXACTLY.

and in the USA, the best and most influential country in the world, a summer league performance almost beat a World Cup final one.

Lol.

Fucc soccer.

TiagoSimoes
07-14-2014, 08:53 AM
EXACTLY.

and in the USA, the best and most influential country in the world, a summer league performance almost beat a World Cup final one.

Lol.

Fucc soccer.

a vote made in the USA... idiot.

GimmeThat
07-14-2014, 09:07 AM
he's an example of a scorer, as long as he is able to be kept on the floor.

Bless Mathews
07-14-2014, 11:14 AM
a vote made in the USA... idiot.
EXACTLY.

What does that tell you ?

HurricaneKid
07-14-2014, 01:04 PM
EXACTLY.

What does that tell you ?

Americans are xenophobic?

More than 2/3 of the players in Summer League aren't even on NBA rosters at the beginning of the year. The NBDL team just won last night. Its pre-preseason. And there is NO CORRELATION between success in SL and success in the NBA.

And you are comparing that against the game-winning OT goal in the biggest sporting event the world has ever seen. 900M+ people watched the World Cup.

I love basketball but YEESH.

Bless Mathews
07-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Americans are xenophobic?

More than 2/3 of the players in Summer League aren't even on NBA rosters at the beginning of the year. The NBDL team just won last night. Its pre-preseason. And there is NO CORRELATION between success in SL and success in the NBA.

And you are comparing that against the game-winning OT goal in the biggest sporting event the world has ever seen. 900M+ people watched the World Cup.

I love basketball but YEESH.

Jesus.

It means Americans don't give a shit about soccer.

That's what it means.

So when all these euro idiots bring up comparisons to American sports, it's pointless. Cus we could give a shit.

And OBVIOUSLY the rest of the world cares about our sports.

GTFO.

Blue&Orange
07-14-2014, 01:39 PM
I like soccer, but this is a really dumb comment. If anything American Football is chess and soccer is checkers. The gridiron game is infinitely more complex than the footie game, so I am not really sure where you are basing your reasoning from unless you are just blatantly trolling.
Oh yeah really complex,. Throwing running and catching... unless you mean the complex comercials, because actual game it's like 5 minutes long.

Bodhi
07-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Oh yeah really complex,. Throwing running and catching... unless you mean the complex comercials, because actual game it's like 5 minutes long.

And soccer is just kicking and running

Football is clearly more complex

jlitt
07-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Just watched mcbucket's highlights from his game. Boy is going to struggle in this league.He is going to struggle to get his shot off , and is not very athletic either despite his combine numbers.

Korver as acomparison has a nicer jump shot, higher release point, and jumps higher on his jump shot. Mcbuckets is also a complete non factor inside the arc.

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Just watched mcbucket's highlights from his game. Boy is going to struggle in this league.He is going to struggle to get his shot off , and is not very athletic either despite his combine numbers.

Korver as acomparison has a nicer jump shot, higher release point, and jumps higher on his jump shot. Mcbuckets is also a complete non factor inside the arc.

Korver has such a great release. I think that's what kills a lot of these college sharpshooters, (like Adam Morrison or Jimmer Fredette) is that their release is too slow and not high enough. Your accuracy doesn't mean shit if you can't get your shot off. Eddie House played for a decade despite being 6 foot flat and not being able to do jack shit but shoot 3's because his release was so quick.

moaz
07-14-2014, 03:34 PM
I wonder how many threads are there in the, lets say, 10 mil soccer message boards around the world about Mcdermott and how many about that dude who scored for Germany?

Dengness9
07-14-2014, 03:39 PM

That's way too harsh of a critique on McBuckets. Especially after a monster 31 pt game. He's very crafty, 6'8 in shoes, and has been seeing double teams for atleast the last two years.

He got to the line yesterday 12 times and hit all 12.
He may not be the quickest or most athletic but he is scorer and shooter and will give the Bulls a much needed threat on the court.

beastee
07-14-2014, 03:39 PM

70% of McDermotts shots in college were contested, and he still raked. I see no difference in the NBA with better screen play and floor spacing. So don't be suprised when he is a very solid player.