PDA

View Full Version : Summer League- Whose shown the most/least?

mattvNJ
07-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Ive been watching quite a few summer league games. As far as what i've seen and you've seen what players games do you think have shown the most promise/will translate into some sort of import.

Parker- Looks smooth, really like his game. Definitely can be a corner stone if he progresses the next few years
Payton- Like his game, was shocked with how high he was picked. Think hell be very solid also. Tenacious defender just needs to work on some shaky handles.
Wiggins- His step back is something amazing.

Who else you guys got? Most/least promise

PleezeBehave
07-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Devyn Marble. 56th pick by the Magic. Can flat out shoot and very good player. Knows his role, chooses his shots wisely and just a good overall player.

r15mohd
07-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Ennis has been really good for the Heat so far

HylianNightmare
07-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Devyn Marble. 56th pick by the Magic. Can flat out shoot and very good player. Knows his role, chooses his shots wisely and just a good overall player.
Agreed! Solid rebounder too, hope we sign him even if he splits time in the d league

AcquiringSteak
07-14-2014, 10:01 AM
dante exum, what a beast

JohnFreeman
07-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Stauskus

PleezeBehave
07-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Agreed! Solid rebounder too, hope we sign him even if he splits time in the d league

Already signed him.

Sakkreth
07-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Stauskus
Stauskas*

GOBB
07-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Kid from Detroit KCP showed out. Too easy for him.

KD35Brah
07-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Dante Exum
Giannis A.
Jordan Clarkson

Rocketswin2013
07-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Nick Johnson :bowdown:

GOBB
07-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Jeremy lamb has shown the least

Rocketswin2013
07-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Jeremy lamb has shown the least
Yeah he's a scrub. Has he gained weight at all?

beastee
07-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Tony Snell is looking great. His defense is top notch already...He could become a quality starter.

Add him to the two headed monster of Doug McBuckets and the Bulls have a nice SF rotation set that can flat out shoot the 3.

chocolatethunder
07-14-2014, 10:52 AM
dante exum, what a beast
For sure! One game played, shot 40%, 25% from 3, 50% on FT 3boards 3 assists and a turnover. Now that's a great stat line. Should we give him ROY now, or wait for them to actually play the regular season?

Lorenzo Brown had 17 and 8 assists in one game for the Clippers, is he a beast too?

GOBB
07-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Seriously why is Exum being listed here tho? I had to go to NBA.com more than once to see if Utah played again. They didn't. One game. He wasn't even the best player in that game, Sean Kilpatrick was. Maybe it's me and Utah played more games. Swore I was watching SL faithfully.

mattvNJ
07-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Seriously why is Exum being listed here tho? I had to go to NBA.com more than once to see if Utah played again. They didn't. One game. He wasn't even the best player in that game, Sean Kilpatrick was. Maybe it's me and Utah played more games. Swore I was watching SL faithfully.

You are certainly right, he has shown glimpses of what he can do. Nothing solid consistently though. Kid drips potential though. wont see an impact till late in the year later on in career. But kid wil be good.

I wanna see that marbles kid like someone stated earlier. Also What has Giannis done? Also saw him mentioned, was hoping hed make leaps this year and start to develop all that potential

AboutBuckets
07-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Also What has Giannis done? Also saw him mentioned, was hoping hed make leaps this year and start to develop all that potential

Watched the Bucks-Suns last night, Giannis seemed like he was trying to do a little too much a little too fast.

GOBB
07-14-2014, 11:16 AM
You are certainly right, he has shown glimpses of what he can do. Nothing solid consistently though. Kid drips potential though. wont see an impact till late in the year later on in career. But kid wil be good.

I wanna see that marbles kid like someone stated earlier. Also What has Giannis done? Also saw him mentioned, was hoping hed make leaps this year and start to develop all that potential

Giannis has a cult following here. He grew 2 inches and became the tallest player in NBA history. His fingers are incredibly long and typing that I feel like Lafyette in True Dud errr Blood when he is horny. He can touch the shot clock when he jumps so basically if he wanted he could dunk his own balls (literally).

mattvNJ
07-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Giannis has a cult following here. He grew 2 inches and became the tallest player in NBA history. His fingers are incredibly long and typing that I feel like Lafyette in True Dud errr Blood when he is horny. He can touch the shot clock when he jumps so basically if he wanted he could dunk his own balls (literally).

:roll: :roll: :roll: i have noticed the cult following, kinda odd for the little impact he had last season. Potential doesnt really do it for me in regards to rooks. See more than most fail to make it to that level they show. Take a guy who looks like he can walk in right away is my ideal situation.
ps. love the True Blood ref

Kblaze8855
07-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Wiggins jumper looks much better than reported when I watched him. He had an airball or two but you can tell hes a confident shooter.

mattvNJ
07-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Wiggins jumper looks much better than reported when I watched him. He had an airball or two but you can tell hes a confident shooter.

Quick release, high release, and the step back shook quite a few already. Its lightning quick. He sharpens the essential tools, guys gonna be a stud. good pick

chocolatethunder
07-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Agreed. I was surprised. Lavine too. He's shooting poorly (as are most of them) but his shot looks good.

BoNafidde
07-14-2014, 11:51 AM
That kid in denver

PleezeBehave
07-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I wanna see that marbles kid like someone stated earlier.

There are some highlights videos and draft workout videos on youtube.

Can't find any from the SL games though. He was very solid and consistent, smooth scorer and along with Payton, was my favorite surprise.

Here's one highlight video of him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-jcf8y0QPw

JtotheIzzo
07-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Anthony Bennett is looking skinnier (like he dropped 25lbs of fat) and springier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLd8n4_dRH4

Kid is playing with energy and emotion and averaging a double-double in the first two games.

from this:

http://poetsonsports.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/1bennett1.jpg

to this:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/host.madison.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/a0/2a04d34c-09f4-11e4-bb57-001a4bcf887a/53c18165b6c12.preview-620.jpg

He's a good kid and he is putting in the work. Big second year for him, will be the feel good story of the NBA season.

DukeDelonte13
07-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Bennett and Wiggins have both clearly been stand outs for the cavs which is a good thing. Wiggins is still pretty raw, but he's competitive, he's not shy, and he isn't making stupid decisions.

I only saw Noel play the first game and I was impressed at how well he moved and his confidence.

Jabari Parker is going to be a flat out beast. His size and court presence are awesome. He's a lock to be a superstar.

chocolatethunder
07-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Bennett and Wiggins have both clearly been stand outs for the cavs which is a good thing. Wiggins is still pretty raw, but he's competitive, he's not shy, and he isn't making stupid decisions.

I only saw Noel play the first game and I was impressed at how well he moved and his confidence.

Jabari Parker is going to be a flat out beast. His size and court presence are awesome. He's a lock to be a superstar.
Parker seriously needs to drop some lbs. His arms look so fat it's disgusting. Noel really needs to add some weight. He's not rebounding that well and is going to disappear when someone bodies him up. He's really long and fast though and his hops are really nasty.

chocolatethunder
07-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Nope, he played one game and didn't even play that well but yeah, everyone here is sucking him off.

Droid101
07-14-2014, 12:41 PM
http://37.media.tumblr.com/3167077c3e987c54bcc1aa5b539b0cdb/tumblr_n0wrdyKIlT1qbyceuo1_500.gif

Miles and Miles
07-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Stauskas*

He's been pretty good. Amazing how BAD the rest of the Kings have been. Half of their regular season roster is in there and they are still bad. I can't even watch Ben M. completely unwatchable.

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 02:26 PM
My boy KCP has been owning :cheers:

Also Seth Curry shot 5-7 from 3 last night and scored 26 points for the Suns. I know he can't do anything but shoot, but in today's 3 pointer obsessed league I have a hard time believing he can't get a roster spot.

Meticode
07-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Parker seriously needs to drop some lbs. His arms look so fat it's disgusting. Noel really needs to add some weight. He's not rebounding that well and is going to disappear when someone bodies him up. He's really long and fast though and his hops are really nasty.
This is the part that baffles me about him. It's the biggest moment of your career, you have no big injuries or anything and you come into your workout out of shape and overweight?

GOBB
07-14-2014, 02:29 PM

Also Seth Curry shot 5-7 from 3 last night and scored 26 points for the Suns. I know he can't do anything but shoot, but in today's 3 pointer obsessed league I have a hard time believing he can't get a roster spot.

1. Can he defend?
2. Can he run a team?

chips93
07-14-2014, 02:30 PM

ive only seen bits, but it seems like hes playing hard defensively. with his quickness, length and hops,, he should be a playmaker defensively.

Meticode
07-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Wiggins has looked raw on offense as expected, but his effort is there, especially on the defensive side. He's ahead of the learning curve regarding defense.

Bennett has been absolutely great looking. Such a huge improve if you look at the pictures posted above. So far he's put up two great games and just came off a 13/14 game. He had 7 points and 8 rebounds before the second half started.

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 02:35 PM
1. Can he defend?
2. Can he run a team?

Don't think so, but can Jodie Meeks?

If Meeks is getting $6.5 mil/yr to chuck up 3's, I'd think somebody could use Seth Curry at the min to come in and shoot them at a 40% clip. I can't see him making the Suns considering they have point guards coming out the wazoo, but it seems like there's a place for him in this league. I'd love to see him on the Hawks, we could always use more shooters.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Bruno Caboclo

GOBB
07-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Don't think so, but can Jodie Meeks?

If Meeks is getting $6.5 mil/yr to chuck up 3's, I'd think somebody could use Seth Curry at the min to come in and shoot them at a 40% clip. I can't see him making the Suns considering they have point guards coming out the wazoo, but it seems like there's a place for him in this league. I'd love to see him on the Hawks, we could always use more shooters.

Meeks is bigger. He can play SG. Seth Curry? Not so much. So he would have to show some PG abilities or at least be able to defend. That is all I'm saying. Sure some rosters could use shooters (like my Sixers). But there is some competition there. Especially if you're undersized. But maybe he finds a spot on the roster, what do I know. Not saying he wont, it'll be tough is all.

DukeDelonte13
07-14-2014, 02:41 PM

I love KCP. I like him a lot predraft, he was my dark horse ROY candidate last year.

Kid is a baller.

mrpibb
07-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Nope, he played one game and didn't even play that well but yeah, everyone here is sucking him off.

I'm not going to argue that he's shown the most of anyone at Summer League or even close to it, but playing well does not equate to impressing. What you do in Summer League is not measured statistically but in the WOW moments.

People can put up numbers in Summer League and stink it up in the NBA, and vice-versa. Lillard wasn't that great in Summer League and was ROY; however, MCW was great in Summer League and did turn out to be ROY. You can't take anything from what we're watching other than first impressions. Exum was breathtaking at times, forgettable at others. But just like how you draft based on what a kid can do and not what they can't do, you judge a Summer League player by what they showed off.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-14-2014, 03:29 PM
He's been pretty good. Amazing how BAD the rest of the Kings have been. Half of their regular season roster is in there and they are still bad. I can't even watch Ben M. completely unwatchable.

Seriously, what is up with this guy? Only watched the game against the Hornets yesterday, but he didn't even look like he belonged on the floor... Of a summer league game... Where both teams played like garbage for most of the game.

He looks the part. Prototypical NBA size, his form, mechanics, and elevation on his jumper are all nice, he's supremely athletic, I think he can do stuff off the dribble a bit. And then you watch him play and think scrub.

chocolatethunder
07-14-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm not going to argue that he's shown the most of anyone at Summer League or even close to it, but playing well does not equate to impressing. What you do in Summer League is not measured statistically but in the WOW moments.

People can put up numbers in Summer League and stink it up in the NBA, and vice-versa. Lillard wasn't that great in Summer League and was ROY; however, MCW was great in Summer League and did turn out to be ROY. You can't take anything from what we're watching other than first impressions. Exum was breathtaking at times, forgettable at others. But just like how you draft based on what a kid can do and not what they can't do, you judge a Summer League player by what they showed off.

That's my point. He's not good or bad, he played one meaningless game. Lots of players this year have played games and looked really great in them and it doesn't mean anything for them either. For him to have one game where he shoots 40,25,50 isn't impressive. That doesn't mean he's gonna suck but it doesn't mean he's gonna be good. I mean Jumaine Jones averaged like 24 pts and I think was MVP of summer league.

GOBB
07-14-2014, 04:58 PM
That's my point. He's not good or bad, he played one meaningless game. Lots of players this year have played games and looked really great in them and it doesn't mean anything for them either. For him to have one game where he shoots 40,25,50 isn't impressive. That doesn't mean he's gonna suck but it doesn't mean he's gonna be good. I mean Jumaine Jones averaged like 24 pts and I think was MVP of summer league.

Yup :oldlol:

dannysc305
07-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Tim Hardaway Jr
James Ennis

Sportal
07-14-2014, 07:41 PM
KCP - playing to earn that starting position.
A. Bennett - been playing really well. Would I agree with him being the #1 pick yet? No.
Elfrid Payton
Nick Johnson
That Denver Player (can't think of his name atm)
Tony Snell

People who I'd like to see more off/more consistent:

McBuckets (consistency)
Shabazz Muhammed (consistency)
Dante Exum (more of)
Jabari and Wiggins (consistency and more of)
Noel (more of)
Smart (consistency)
Randle (more of)

Disappointing so far:

Vonleh
Aaron Gordon - unavoidable he's the #4 pick...