final roster predictions?

curry - rose
harden - lillard - thompson
durant - george -
griffin - parsons
davis - love - cousins

AboutBuckets
07-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Definitely disappointed we won't get to see Leonard putting opposing perimeter players on an island defensively, but if he's not competing it's likely because he chose not to. I doubt the league would snub him especially after him winning FMVP. And it's not like they couldn't add him to the team after the initial invitations were sent out, that article said they amended the roster with Derozan and someone else (Hayward or Parsons can't remember)

T_L_P
07-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Hmmm..I thought Leonard was trying out?

East_Stone_Ya
07-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Derrick Rose?

Im so nba'd out
07-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Steph Curry
Paul George
Kevin Durant
Blake Griffin
Anthony Davis
the feels i get just thinking about that starting line up
http://s22.postimg.org/8ybily4sd/nd_QUEmk_png_1.png

Oly BC
07-14-2014, 10:33 AM
No Leonard=bye bye medal

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 10:36 AM
No Leonard=bye bye medal

:oldlol:

This is going to be even easier than the last World Championships, which is saying something because last time was easy as shit.

Oly BC
07-14-2014, 10:39 AM
:oldlol:

This is going to be even easier than the last World Championships, which is saying something because last time was easy as shit.
You're in for a disappointment. :pimp:

atljonesbro
07-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Korver bought make it rain from the euro 3 pt line

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 10:48 AM
You're in for a disappointment. :pimp:

Hey I'll be happy just to see a close game or two, glad Greece didn't run into that mighty Nigerian squad this time around :roll:

GimmeThat
07-14-2014, 10:59 AM
http://www.usab.com/mens/national/14_mnt_las_vegas_camp.html

Kyrie Irving - Steph Curry - Derrick Rose - Damian Lillard
James Harden - Brad Beal - Klay Thompson - Kyle Korver - Demar Derozan
Kevin Durant - Paul George - Chandler Parsons - Gordon Hayward
Kevin Love - Blake Griffin - Kenneth Faried
Anthony Davis - Demarcus Cousins - Andre Drummond

where's kawhi leonard :wtf:

as from what I've heard. John Wall is missing here.
it'll probably be between Thompson/Derozan for the 2 spot back up.

Not in love with the front court.

it'll probably come down to between Drummond/Faried.
In which I wouldn't mind going with Faried at this stage of his career.

but it comes down to how they shape out the rest of the roster.
if they feel confident winning regardless, then getting Drummond some experience would help.

the SF/PF spot will be really interesting, because unlike Melo/Bron. Durant is the only SF that can play the PF, MAYBE George for stretches.

I feel pretty good about Durant running the team.
They might be able to get away with just being the best half court shot making team. instead of grinding the opposing team out.

BoutPractice
07-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Spurs fan should love that Leonard is not playing... They're more likely to repeat if he rests this offseason.

AboutBuckets
07-14-2014, 11:03 AM
Spurs fan should love that Leonard is not playing... They're more likely to repeat if he rests this offseason.

Yeah but we really could have used his defense, especially since our backcourt is lacking in that department. I can see us struggling to stop penetration from the perimeter with a Curry/Irving lineup and that'll put alot of stress on the big men

Inferno
07-14-2014, 11:12 AM
No LMA?

Dr.J4ever
07-14-2014, 11:13 AM
final roster predictions?

curry - rose
harden - lillard - thompson
durant - george -
griffin - parsons
davis - love - cousins

This is not a good defensive back court. The Fiba game is different. You need stronger guards. Many of the better Euro teams have big back courts.

mattvNJ
07-14-2014, 11:14 AM

people who i think have the best shot at making it. Get this rose crap outta here. Also Kawhi deserves a look. hed be the ultimate hustle/role guy on this roster for sure.

AboutBuckets
07-14-2014, 11:16 AM
This is not a good defensive back court. The Fiba game is different. You need stronger guards. Many of the better Euro teams have big back courts.

Exactly. The team is too offensively-oriented, kinda like the NBA is trying to jam too many big name young guys in there. Could absolutely use Leonard, could use Iguodala, could even use Tony Allen in there.

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Yeah but we really could have used his defense, especially since our backcourt is lacking in that department. I can see us struggling to stop penetration from the perimeter with a Curry/Irving lineup and that'll put alot of stress on the big men

Just give George some minutes at the 2 if that's the case. He's as good of a perimeter defender as there will be in the whole tournament.

Curry
George
Durant
Love
Davis

Would be the crunch time lineup. Only problem is I could see Spain's bigs giving that lineup a hard time. Need Faried or Drummond on the roster to bang inside as needed.

Jon_Koncak
07-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Where is Lamarcus Aldrige?

Dr.J4ever
07-14-2014, 11:19 AM
people who i think have the best shot at making it. Get this rose crap outta here. Also Kawhi deserves a look. hed be the ultimate hustle/role guy on this roster for sure.

Again, who's gonna play defense in the back court? In 2004, AI and Marbury were totally ineffective guarding teams like Carlos Arroyo and Puerto Rico where we lost by 19 pints, I think.

Learn from history.

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Again, who's gonna play defense in the back court? In 2004, AI and Marbury were totally ineffective guarding teams like Carlos Arroyo and Puerto Rico where we lost by 19 pints, I think.

Learn from history.

Paul George and Klay Thompson.

AboutBuckets
07-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Just give George some minutes at the 2 if that's the case. He's as good of a perimeter defender as there will be in the whole tournament.

Curry
George
Durant
Love
Davis

Would be the crunch time lineup. Only problem is I could see Spain's bigs giving that lineup a hard time. Need Faried or Drummond on the roster to bang inside as needed.

We're going to be pretty small though, there's a chance George is gonna spend time at the 4 like someone pointed out on the first page. I do agree that he's a fantastic defender and would do well, but we have the ability to use players that would allow us to not put guys out of position defensively.

And I'd rather have Cousins than Drummond, he's more skilled around the basket and I think a better decision maker. His attitude is a question mark, but I think he can go a few weeks without punching someone in the face

Oly BC
07-14-2014, 11:22 AM

Learn from history.
You said you were from Germany iirc but use we for the USA NT?

Dr.J4ever
07-14-2014, 11:44 AM
You said you were from Germany iirc but use we for the USA NT?

Never said I'm from Germany. USA all the way! But I think, Steph Curry and Kyrie might not be good fits for FIBA if we expect to get the Gold.

If they are paired with a bigger 2 guard, maybe. FIBA refs allow more of that hand checking and physical perimeter defense than NBA officials do.

mattvNJ
07-14-2014, 11:45 AM

Learn from history.

Again why i think kawhi and guys should make it. I was picking out of who i think will maybe it in regards to the given list. I still think regardless of who we put out there we win it(may come off cocky, but thats the US way in bball these days).

BoNafidde
07-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Alot of you are saying Kyrie wont make it. You will be proved wrong.

Purch
07-14-2014, 12:05 PM
In what world would Love be starting over Griffin :biggums:

Dr.J4ever
07-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Paul George and Klay Thompson.

Haven't seen enough of Klay to know if he is a good defender. What do you guys think?

As for George, can he stay with quicker 6'4 guards?

Dr.J4ever
07-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Again why i think kawhi and guys should make it. I was picking out of who i think will maybe it in regards to the given list. I still think regardless of who we put out there we win it(may come off cocky, but thats the US way in bball these days).

Yes, Kawhi should make it.

Le Shaqtus
07-14-2014, 12:39 PM
dat defense

Mr Clutch Melo
07-14-2014, 01:00 PM
No Westbrook ?

navy
07-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Implying he is good enough to not be outplayed by the SFs on that list?
He may have just dropped out, but he isnt getting in over Durant and Georgrge. And it is entirely possible Parsons and Hayward outplayed him in tryouts.

navy
07-14-2014, 01:04 PM
No Westbrook ?
Bad knee. He pulled himself out.

GimmeThat
07-14-2014, 01:31 PM
dat defense

not that good at all.

international basketball are full with skillfull players (especially those at the higher level) having athletic guards playing the passing lane won't mean much, because the only teams that will cause any trouble would be teams playing the air passing game anyways.

which is why a big guard will be more useful, as well as contesting shots.

unless they intend to play close to a full court press, than yes, athletic 2s will help a lot.

I don't know how useful the press defense will be at the medals round though.

Relinquish
07-14-2014, 01:32 PM

More like where's John Wall. :facepalm

wally_world
07-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Irving / Rose / Lillard
Harden / Curry / Thompson
Durant / George
Love
Blake / Davis / Drummond

avonbarksdale
07-14-2014, 01:39 PM
derozan better be the backup 2 guard

Dr.J4ever
07-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Let's see who Coach K will select, but as it stands now, this team is not a lock to win the Gold.

Spain will be tough playing at home. Can't count out traditional powerhouses like Lithuania and Serbia. France will be tough if Parker and Diaw play, along with Batum. They were Eurobasket Champions.

dunksby
07-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Let's see who Coach K will select, but as it stands now, this team is not a lock to win the Gold.

Spain will be tough playing at home. Can't count out traditional powerhouses like Lithuania and Serbia. France will be tough if Parker and Diaw play, along with Batum. They were Eurobasket Champions.
KD will win it for them again. :pimp:

Legends66NBA7
07-14-2014, 01:51 PM
derozan better be the backup 2 guard

I don't know if his game will translate well into the international game. He would have to play similar to 08 Wade in the Olympics to get a roster spot.

nathanjizzle
07-14-2014, 01:53 PM
rose might not make it. these guys have been playing all season and rose trying to come back from a 2 year hiatus and shake off the rust against these guys. curry and lillard might be the result.

Legends66NBA7
07-14-2014, 01:55 PM

The red don't make it, IMO. It's a toss up between Cousins and Drummond because I think Cousins will try to ISO too much for the team.

Warfan
07-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Haven't seen enough of Klay to know if he is a good defender. What do you guys think?

Klay is a very good defender and is very capable of defending 1-3

duskovujosevic
07-14-2014, 02:02 PM
enough for the finals, most likely gold medal

Duggrr
07-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Lol at the no Aldridge, the most skilled big man currently in the game not named Dirk.

Dr.J4ever
07-14-2014, 02:07 PM
enough for the finals, most likely gold medal
Spain will pose a threat playing at home, and France with Parker, Diaw, and Batum. Who else do you see posing a threat?

chips93
07-14-2014, 02:08 PM
gonna go see them play two games in barcelona, cant wait :banana:

curry/irving/lillard
harden/beal
durant/george/parsons
love/griffin
davis/drummond

Dr.J4ever
07-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Lol at the no Aldridge, the most skilled big man currently in the game not named Dirk.

Yes, isn't Aldridge part of the pool?

chips93
07-14-2014, 02:11 PM
not that good at all.

international basketball are full with skillfull players (especially those at the higher level) having athletic guards playing the passing lane won't mean much, because the only teams that will cause any trouble would be teams playing the air passing game anyways.

which is why a big guard will be more useful, as well as contesting shots.

unless they intend to play close to a full court press, than yes, athletic 2s will help a lot.

I don't know how useful the press defense will be at the medals round though.

athleticism always helps on defense, regardless of what type of defense you are playing

its pretty much the defining characteristic of usa basketball

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 02:13 PM

Yes, George can definitely guard smaller guards. He did a really good job on Teague in the playoffs when switched onto him, and you aren't going to find any international guards in this tourney with a quicker first step.

I really think this tourney is going to be a cakewalk for the US squad. Spain has gotten worse, Argentina is pretty much done as a power, and some of the other good teams like Lithuania are still pretty young. The US walked through a tougher bracket with a worse team in 2010.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know that there's an international player in the tournament not named Marc Gasol that could make the US squad.

Legends66NBA7
07-14-2014, 02:13 PM

curry/irving/lillard
harden/beal
durant/george/parsons
love/griffin
davis/drummond

Why Beal over Thompson and DeRozan ?

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 02:14 PM

curry/irving/lillard
harden/beal
durant/george/parsons
love/griffin
davis/drummond

That's gonna be so sick, Barcelona is awesome :cheers:

chips93
07-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Why Beal over Thompson and DeRozan ?

id definitely take beal over derozan because shooting is paramount, and they already have enough creators to not need demar

i think beal and thompson are pretty close, and usa typically use the world cup (or world championships) to bring younger players in and get them experience, and i think beal has more upside than thompson

but it is really close between the two

chips93
07-14-2014, 02:19 PM
That's gonna be so sick, Barcelona is awesome :cheers:

have you been? any recommendations?

Andrew Wiggins
07-14-2014, 02:20 PM
have you been? any recommendations?

i live in barcelona. my recommendation is if you intend to have a good time, start saving as much as you can

Andrew Wiggins
07-14-2014, 02:21 PM
In what world would Love be starting over Griffin :biggums:

in a world where the importance of shooting is magnified and floor spacing is all the more important.

oh wait! that world is exists, it's called fiba basketball

Dr.J4ever
07-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Yes, George can definitely guard smaller guards. He did a really good job on Teague in the playoffs when switched onto him, and you aren't going to find any international guards in this tourney with a quicker first step.

I really think this tourney is going to be a cakewalk for the US squad. Spain has gotten worse, Argentina is pretty much done as a power, and some of the other good teams like Lithuania are still pretty young. The US walked through a tougher bracket with a worse team in 2010.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know that there's an international player in the tournament not named Marc Gasol that could make the US squad.

I agree about George. We can use him then to shut down a hot shooting 2 guard. As for the international game, no it's not played the way you imagine it. The last time the US lost in 2006 to Greece and the ISH favorite whipping boy Spanoulis, I'm not sure any Greek player could have made the US team in that year, but Greece won anyway.

If you think the Spurs played great team ball, there are probably 4-5 teams that play that type of extreme passing game to nullify a lot of the talent advantages individual US players have over them.

Purch
07-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Rose :biggums:

BuffaloBill
07-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Klay Thompson, Bradley Beal, Kyle Korver, Chandler Parsons, Gordon Hayward

Do we really need all those guys on the same team?

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 02:30 PM
I agree about George. We can use him then to shut down a hot shooting 2 guard. As for the international game, no it's not played the way you imagine it. The last time the US lost in 2006 to Greece and the ISH favorite whipping boy Spanoulis, I'm not sure any Greek player could have made the US team in that year, but Greece won anyway.

If you think the Spurs played great team ball, there are probably 4-5 teams that play that type of extreme passing game to nullify a lot of the talent advantages individual US players have over them.

True, true, but the international scene is weaker than it was in 2006.

Also Team USA has really established itself since then. Coach K will have this team much better prepared than that ragtag bunch of divas Larry Brown threw together. Going back and looking at the 2010 FIBA World Championships results, it's hard to see Team USA losing. Spain, Argentina, Greece, etc... all have their own issues with replacing talent.

Sakkreth
07-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Davis puts front court troubles away.

Dr.J4ever
07-14-2014, 02:35 PM
True, true, but the international scene is weaker than it was in 2006.

Also Team USA has really established itself since then. Coach K will have this team much better prepared than that ragtag bunch of divas Larry Brown threw together. Going back and looking at the 2010 FIBA World Championships results, it's hard to see Team USA losing. Spain, Argentina, Greece, etc... all have their own issues with replacing talent.

Yes, Espana is weaker. Argentina is done. Greece is done. I'm more worried about someone sneaking up on us like a Lithuania or Serbia.

Make no mistake about it, Spanish fans will be rooting for other Euro teams too when playing vs. the States. We will be playing away games all tournament.

Andrew Wiggins
07-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Davis puts front court troubles away.

too weak

picture him trying to defend marc or even nene

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 02:36 PM
Yes, Espana is weaker. Argentina is done. Greece is done. I'm more worried about someone sneaking up on us like a Lithuania or Serbia.

Make no mistake about it, Spanish fans will be rooting for other Euro teams too when playing vs. the States. We will be playing away games all tournament.

Brazil could have a good tourney, they have a big front-court.

Andrew Wiggins
07-14-2014, 02:38 PM

spain is far from done

sergio rodriguez is in the form of his life
rudy fernandez is coming off a great year
ibaka had a career year in the nba
marc is one of the best centers in the world
pau is still a beast internationally
calderon and navarro are absolutely deadly given an inch of space

they have excellent passers at every position, shoot the ball well, and have the most skilled 7 footers in the game

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 02:42 PM
spain is far from done

sergio rodriguez is in the form of his life
rudy fernandez is coming off a great year
ibaka had a career year in the nba
marc is one of the best centers in the world
pau is still a beast internationally
calderon and navarro are absolutely deadly given an inch of space

they have excellent passers at every position, shoot the ball well, and have the most skilled 7 footers in the game

The front court is great and they'll get a big boost from being in Spain, but I just think the backcourt is going to struggle. Who is going to guard Durant, Rudy Fernandez?

Fudge
07-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Durant bout to lead this team to golllllddddddd.

Andrew Wiggins
07-14-2014, 02:47 PM
The front court is great and they'll get a big boost from being in Spain, but I just think the backcourt is going to struggle. Who is going to guard Durant, Rudy Fernandez?

probably rudy but i don't think defending durant will be the key. he'll get his no matter what so you have contain everyone else and force him to win it by himself.

Sakkreth
07-14-2014, 02:48 PM

What if they put Ibaka on him ? Would he be too slow ?

chips93
07-14-2014, 02:51 PM
i live in barcelona. my recommendation is if you intend to have a good time, start saving as much as you can

anything more specific?

i havent gone on holidays in a couple years, so i have a decent chunk saved for it

hawksdogsbraves
07-14-2014, 02:54 PM
What if they put Ibaka on him ? Would he be too slow ?

I imagine that's what they'll have to do. He'd torch anyone else on that roster.

The thing about a US squad featuring Durant, Curry, Irving, George, Thompson, Lillard, Korver, Love, (or some combination of those) is that those guys are PHENOMENAL 3 point shooters.

If the 3's are falling, and chances are they usually will be, they will blow the doors off any team out there. This isn't just a team of super athletes who need to fly up and down the court, they can whip it around and put up 3's with the best of them.

Legends66NBA7
07-15-2014, 12:36 AM
Klay Thompson, Bradley Beal, Kyle Korver, Chandler Parsons, Gordon Hayward

Do we really need all those guys on the same team?

I think all 5 are likely to get cut.

JohnFreeman
07-15-2014, 12:46 AM
So many chokers in one squad

JohnFreeman
07-15-2014, 12:47 AM
Watch Cousins carry USA

Noof
07-15-2014, 12:47 AM
Idk if it's been mentioned yet but the reason Kawhi is not on the team is because he withdrew.

Dengness9
07-15-2014, 12:50 AM
I read every comment and no one said it.

Kawhi pulled out to get extra rest which is fair after two finals runs.

LMA also pulled himself out which isn't the first time for him I believe.

With Rose, it's this simple guys......if he plays his way onto the team, he'll make it. If not, he won't.

He's getting proper respect from Colangelo and Coach K for his previous service with the team. He hit a HUGE layup in the crunch against Spain in the world championships.

Good thing is no matter who makes it, we are absolutely stacked. Monsters everywhere.

Go ooh-es-ay

Edit: the poster above me said it about Kawhi as I was typing mine.

Legends66NBA7
07-15-2014, 01:18 AM
Even if Kawhi didn't withdraw, he probably doesn't make the cut. I think you ride out Kevin Durant and Paul George a lot at SF.

daily
07-15-2014, 01:26 AM

The official passing of the torch taking place.

GimmeThat
07-15-2014, 02:32 AM
athleticism always helps on defense, regardless of what type of defense you are playing

its pretty much the defining characteristic of usa basketball

no one is saying pick the un-athletic big guard.

Oly BC
07-15-2014, 05:29 AM
Predictions: In September everyone regrets that the US stacked shooters, everyone is hating Durant for not getting to the rim or posting over someone standing at 5 10 and lastly, Lebron stans claim that their dick-god would singlehandedly win all the games.

Going for 3/3 here.

andremiller07
07-15-2014, 05:34 AM
Honeslty I would hate it, if any player from the team I support (Kings) made it onto the roster all it does it take away energy for a 2nd tier comp they really shouldn't even be wasting there time on when you have 82 games + preseason coming up.

Save yourself for what is paying you money don't go chasing some crappy title, be the best you can be in the NBA don't worry about other crap you just fatiguing yourself and risking injury.

I understand if it's say a bench player in the NBA or a guy with a limited role playing in these comps but man sending your stars or maybe the only star from your team is just way to risky for such a small reward.

ImKobe
07-15-2014, 06:13 AM
lol at some people saying this team isn't good enough, are you kidding me?

Yankstar
07-15-2014, 06:23 AM
My only problem, too many super stars not enough glue guys. Not sure if players like harden are best suited to the team (no defense, lazy, sulks when he doesn't get plays run for him).

buddha
07-15-2014, 06:30 AM
where the **** is Goatbrook?

Imtheman
07-15-2014, 06:33 AM
[E=ImKobe]lol at some people saying this team isn't good enough, are you kidding me?[/QUOTE]

Whos going to lead the crunch time..

I think this team should be focused on Defense.

I have a bad feeling about this roster

Imtheman
07-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Never minds didn't see Durant name lol

buddha
07-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Whos going to lead the crunch time..

I think this team should be focused on Defense.

I have a bad feeling about this roster

probably the MVP?

focused on defense? lmao there's like 3 people in the entire NBA who play defense.

Imtheman
07-15-2014, 06:43 AM
focused on defense? lmao there's like 3 people in the entire NBA who play defense.

1. Didn't see Durant's name at first.
2. Be real. This team isn't packing enough defensive power. When Durant struggles, who are we going to actually rely on to take over the game?

Not enough true leaders that can take over the game.

alexd
07-15-2014, 06:56 AM

Curry-Irving /lillard
Harden-beal/thompson
Durant-george
Love-griffin
Davis-drummond-cousins
You can take Drummond out and add a pg-sg since Durant can play basically all 5 positions

Genaro
07-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Curry - Lillard
Harden - Beal - Klay - DeRozen
Durant - George
Love - Griffin
Davis

They lack a true PG but I don't think it will prevent US from winning.