PDA

View Full Version : Rockets targeting Rondo

JohnFreeman
07-14-2014, 11:26 AM
With Parsons out of the picture in Houston, it's very challenging to find any kind of a deal that might satisfy Boston's high asking price for Rondo at the moment. If you safely assume Dwight Howard and James Harden are off-limits, Houston has very few compelling pieces to trade for a star.

Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, and Patrick Beverley are the top remaining players on Houston's roster, but none of these guys have the kind of promise Danny Ainge would surely be looking for as a return for his prized point guard. Additionally, the salary numbers will be tough to match up in a swap between the two sides at the moment. Rondo has a $12.9 million salary next season, and every current member of the Rockets roster outside of Harden and Howard will earn $1.6 million or less next year.

Houston could throw some first round picks into any offer, but they have already dealt their 2015 first rounder to the LA Lakers in the Lin salary dump. Due to that, a 2017 first rounder would be the earliest pick they could deal right now according to the Stepien rule. With Houston's talented roster, those picks would expect to land in the 20's anyway, minimizing their value for Boston.

So if any trade involving Rondo is going to get done here, how would it happen? Most likely, a third team would need to get involved and/or the Rockets would need to sign-and-trade a free agent that appeals to Boston.

Much like Boston's pursuit of Kevin Love at the moment, you can probably characterize any Houston targeting of Rondo as a long shot at best. Yes, it could happen, but Morey is going to have to get creative in order to make an impressive offer to Ainge.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2014/07/report_rockets_are_likely_to_target_rondo_in_trade _after_mis.html

Droid101
07-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Morey is clownshoes.

AboutBuckets
07-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Jesus Christ Morey would have to literally gut his roster if he wanted to make that happen. Stop it man, while you're not dreadfully behind

KungFuJoe
07-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Morey is like a desperate dude gutter crawling for drunk chicks at 2AM coming out of a club he couldn't even get into.

AboutBuckets
07-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Morey is like a desperate dude gutter crawling for drunk chicks at 2AM coming out of a club he couldn't even get into.

:roll: :roll:

JohnMax
07-14-2014, 11:33 AM
I used to be addicted to making trades in fantasy sports.

ALBballer
07-14-2014, 11:33 AM

:oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
07-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Rondo would be a great addition for them, the somewhat mean leader that could give the team an edge. But they definitely don't have the assets. They need to find a third team that is willing to give up young talent and/or picks for cap space. I don't think it will happen but if Rondo is on his way out Houston is the kind of situation I hope he goes to.

CelticBaller
07-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Find better assets

pegasus
07-14-2014, 12:05 PM
I bet he's gonna use Lin + Asik's expiring contracts to lure Boston--

Nastradamus
07-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Harden for Rondo and Young, maybe a 1st too.

Then sign Stephenson. That defensive perimeter will be improved by leaps and bounds.

Pushxx
07-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Harden for Rondo and Young, maybe a 1st too.

Then sign Stephenson. That defensive perimeter will be improved by leaps and bounds.

Why exactly do the Celtics do this?

disel
07-14-2014, 12:14 PM
There is no mention of morey being after rajon.Getting rid of lin who is thrash was smart.Not giving a role player like Parsons 15 mil while ariza brings much of the same offense with better 3pt shooting and far superior defense for 8 is smart as well. Now he needs to sign a backup PG,SG(daniels )SF. Dmo and Dwight can fill the C pot, Dmo could switch to PF to backup jones as well.

Bev/Nelson/Johnson
Harden/Daniels
Ariza/Mike Miller?
Jones/Dmo/Capella
Dwight/Dmo/

that team is a 4th seed at best in the west. Need a new PF and a legit backup at C

disel
07-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Rockets will the team laughing out loud. Harden is a 24 year old superstar who hasn't come close to reaching hi max. they aint trading him for a injured known cancer like rondo.Harden if he improves his D even a little bit we talking about a top 5 player.

Nastradamus
07-14-2014, 12:17 PM

Um, are you kidding me? They have no perimeter scoring, they just drafted Rondo's replacement and you are protecting Harden's bad defense with Bradley and Smart's defensive abilities.

disel
07-14-2014, 12:18 PM
So you a laker fan now you lin groupie bandwagon hopping whor@?

kennethgriffin
07-14-2014, 12:18 PM
how about they trade lin, asik and parsons for rondo

oh wait

UK2K
07-14-2014, 12:24 PM
how about they trade lin, asik and parsons for rondo

oh wait

:lol

Yeah they'd do that. If they are trading him, their goal would be to suck worse.

Pushxx
07-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Um, are you kidding me? They have no perimeter scoring, they just drafted Rondo's replacement and you are protecting Harden's bad defense with Bradley and Smart's defensive abilities.

Celtics would never do that while throwing in James Young AND a first rounder, too. That's too much for Harden. Plus the Celtics have less depth at PG than SG.

I'd rather build around Rondo anyway. He has winning pedigree.

Haymaker
07-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Houston Rockets, the collusion that never was. Watch Harden and Howard bolt in a few years.

Relinquish
07-14-2014, 01:25 PM

Lin is already going to the Lakers... and you're a so called "Lakers" fan. Guess you're just another one of those Kobetards. :lol

StephHamann
07-14-2014, 01:26 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

KungFuJoe
07-14-2014, 01:33 PM
Houston Rockets, the collusion that never was. Watch Harden and Howard bolt in a few years.

Harden don't give a **** about winning. He just wants to get paid and hit the strip clubs.

Howard, beta as he is, actually wants to win a chip so I can definitely see him bailing for another team once he's able to.

bluechox2
07-14-2014, 01:36 PM
rockets offering harden and dwight season hightlights dvd for rondo

CelticBaller
07-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Lin is already going to the Lakers... and you're a so called "Lakers" fan. Guess you're just another one of those Kobetards. :lol
/sarcasm

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2014, 01:59 PM
They don't even have any assets...

pegasus
07-14-2014, 02:34 PM

:facepalm

Meticode
07-14-2014, 02:35 PM
You just exposed yourself in your own post. :oldlol:

oarabbus
07-14-2014, 04:01 PM
So you a laker fan now you lin groupie bandwagon hopping whor@?

This guy is so retarded he can't even spell diesel. Biggest qu33r on this board