PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen considering retirement

JohnMax
07-14-2014, 11:29 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--free-agent-ray-allen-considering-retirement-134814227.html

In late May, Allen admitted that retirement was a possibility.

"Do I want to get to the point where you tell me, 'Look man, you ain't looking good out there?'" Allen said. "Do you want to get to that point and people start saying that about you?

"When Barry Sanders retired, we were all like, 'What?' He only played 10 years. We wanted him to play more. But he left on his terms. He was great. Ten was probably early. But you don't want to get to the point where you are on a downside and everybody's like, 'You don't seem like you have it anymore.'"

JohnFreeman
07-14-2014, 11:30 AM
He still has value in being a spot up shooter, just don't expect him to defend or make plays off the dribble

pegasus
07-14-2014, 12:17 PM
He should go to OKC or stay in Miami one last year. He looked better last year than he did year before when he saved Lebron's ass.

PJR
07-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Ray would rather retire then play in Cleveland. Can't blame him there.

kennethgriffin
07-14-2014, 12:26 PM
hes not a good player anymore. people already are saying "you ain't looking good out there"

hes really slow and awkward now. he's a traditional shooting guard. and in todays nba that kind of player is nearly extinct. you have to be a 2 way do it all playmaking scorer now.

all he does is shoot well when hes wide open

he can't even create his own shot anymore. if a defender is on him he gets blocked easily because his form is so predictable and is the same every single time. plus he jumps straight up every time and cant do a fade or a pump fake

so he's hurting a team now more than he's helping ( unless he's put in the game at the very last moments )

07-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Would've been nice to have seen Ray go to okc. Remember he played for that franchise when it was still in Seattle.

He would been a nice corner spot up 3 point shooter but his defense though lol.

Presti already got Anthony morrow to cover the 3 point shooter department

tmacattack33
07-14-2014, 01:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--free-agent-ray-allen-considering-retirement-134814227.html

"Do I want to get to the point where you tell me, 'Look man, you ain't looking good out there?'" Allen said. "Do you want to get to that point and people start saying that about you?

"When Barry Sanders retired, we were all like, 'What?' He only played 10 years. We wanted him to play more. But he left on his terms. He was great. Ten was probably early. But you don't want to get to the point where you are on a downside and everybody's like, 'You don't seem like you have it anymore.'"

Why not?

If I was given the gift of being able to play pro ball, i'd keep doing it until i was the worst player out of the 300 + bball players and was forced to quit because nobody wanted to sign me.

Relinquish
07-14-2014, 01:24 PM
hes not a good player anymore. people already are saying "you ain't looking good out there"

hes really slow and awkward now. he's a traditional shooting guard. and in todays nba that kind of player is nearly extinct. you have to be a 2 way do it all playmaking scorer now.

all he does is shoot well when hes wide open

he can't even create his own shot anymore. if a defender is on him he gets blocked easily because his form is so predictable and is the same every single time. plus he jumps straight up every time and cant do a fade or a pump fake

so he's hurting a team now more than he's helping ( unless he's put in the game at the very last moments )

But I thought he made the Heat stacked having that extra all-star. And now you're saying he wasn't that good? Make up your damn mind. :lol

imdaman99
07-14-2014, 01:25 PM
So you're telling me that he will not follow bran to Cleveland to be a legacy saver?

The older you get, the less you wanna play in cold weather cities.

bluechox2
07-14-2014, 01:26 PM
dude was ready to pick up his bags and follow lebron, he never thought it through that he may go back to cleavland

GimmeThat
07-14-2014, 01:40 PM
he'd be a great fit for the Utah Jazz.

christian1923
07-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Damn the thought of living in Cleveland for a couple months got dudes thinking about hanging them up lol

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2014, 01:50 PM
"I'll follow LeBron wherever he goes"

*LeBron to Cleveland

"nvm i'm retiring"

Mass Debator
07-14-2014, 02:07 PM
He's pretty streaky with his flat shot these days. Not sure if I want him back in Miami...

kennethgriffin
07-14-2014, 02:11 PM
But I thought he made the Heat stacked having that extra all-star. And now you're saying he wasn't that good? Make up your damn mind. :lol

well he did single handedly win the heat the nba championship

i think that counts for something

i did acknowledge his shooting and clutch value didnt i?

overall hes not a great player but he was exactly the right type of guy in a lebron run offense.

without a guy dominating the ball all game for kick out threes... ray allen is useless unless hes just placed in the game with everything on the line

dreamwarrior
07-14-2014, 04:21 PM
He showed his age in the finals last year. Plus there's no room for him on the Cavs.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-14-2014, 04:34 PM

That's the old school way of thinking imo. Times have changed, keep collecting those checks. Plus he can still come off the bench and hit the big three when needed most.

LA_Showtime
07-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Ray: "I want to play with LeBron"
LeBron:"I'm going to take my talents to Cleveland"
Ray: "I'm retiring"

:lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Ray: "I want to play with LeBron"
LeBron:"I'm going to take my talents to Cleveland"
Ray: "I'm retiring"

:lol