PDA

View Full Version : Predict Kobe's stats next season. (He has the green light)

BigBoss
07-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Pau left. They couldn't sign any big free agents.

Kobe clearly has the green light next season.

Are we going to see another 35 ppg season?

Discuss.

KungFuJoe
07-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Pau left. They couldn't sign any big free agents.

Kobe clearly has the green light next season.

Are we going to see another 35 ppg season?

Discuss.

He's old and he's coming off both Achilles and broken knee injuries?

Kobe is done...stick a fork in him.

17ppg on horrible efficiency. Well...maybe decent efficiency. If he gets close to 23ppg, you can expect his efficiency to drop off considerably.

lakerspng
07-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Kobe's healthy. Finally. But I hope he takes a different tact at this stage in his career, than gunning for scoring titles. He will do whatever it takes to help his team win, that has always been true, but his perspective on that has usually been focused on his ability to get things done himself. I think he knows that's not going to be successful at this stage and he will shift to more of a facilitator/leadership role, which he has shown he can be incredibly effective in.

I'll say 23p/8a/6r on 48/36/85. (he will shoot a lot less 3s than he normally has, which will help his overall FG%)

lilgodfather1
07-14-2014, 02:31 PM
25 on 42.

38 wins.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2014, 02:33 PM
lol kobe is not getting 8 assists...i'd say something like 26/4/4

lakerspng
07-14-2014, 02:34 PM

so he'll average a career low in assists as he backs off on his scoring? that doesn't make any sense.

TimmyDuncan
07-14-2014, 02:36 PM
so he'll average a career low in assists as he backs off on his scoring? that doesn't make any sense.

That's called being old

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2014, 02:38 PM
it's called being 36 coming off two major lower body injuries, maybe? I also don't expect him to be playing 40ish minutes..probably around 32-35..

Demitri98
07-14-2014, 02:38 PM
24/4/5 on 45%.

41 wins.

lakerspng
07-14-2014, 02:40 PM
That's called being old

I can see his points dipping because of his age, but not his assists. He's going to have fresh legs, he's going to be looking to prove a lot of doubters wrong. There's some insane underrating going on. I know people think it's fun to trash on Kobe, but it's a bit ridiculous.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2014, 02:41 PM
how is saying he's gonna put up 26/4/4 at 36 trashing him??? it's a complement if anything...

kennethgriffin
07-14-2014, 02:43 PM
26.7ppg, 5.6apg, 4.2rpg, 43.9%fg's, 34.3%threes, 81%ft's

lakers 42-40

KungFuJoe
07-14-2014, 02:45 PM
I can see his points dipping because of his age, but not his assists. He's going to have fresh legs, he's going to be looking to prove a lot of doubters wrong. There's some insane underrating going on. I know people think it's fun to trash on Kobe, but it's a bit ridiculous.

He'll never have fresh legs again. It's going to be a constant uphill run for him until he retires.

Achilles' tears are serious...and he tore his STRONG leg (left). He's going to be hindered for life from that one at his age. Then he broke his knee. And he's been out for how long?

So you got all that rehab and trying to get back into shape, but anyone who's ever played knows that NOTHING can prepare your for game time except game time. But the problem is that he's old and recovering so it's a long, slow recovery.

But because the Lakers are so lacking in talent...he's going to play heavy minutes whether he likes it or not and because he's so stubborn, he's going to push himself and shot jack like crazy.

He's going to play like shit and get injured again at some point next season. It's too bad because he could really benefit this young team if he took a backseat and played more of a mentor role, but we all know that's not possible with Kobe. His stubbornness is a double edged sword.

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 02:47 PM

It depends on the system and how he is utilized. If they utilize him like MDA did, 8 wouldn't be too surprising. Numbers are a product of the system. If the coach only let's Kobe have the ball and go ISO or give him post ups all game, your numbers will be spot on, if the coach favors ball movement and focuses more on feeding the bigs and getting 3pt shooters wide open, he'll average something like 23/5/7.

Either way, a healthy Kobe will still be very productive and better than Harden.

AirFederer
07-14-2014, 02:47 PM
27/1/2 on 39/29/89

lakerspng
07-14-2014, 02:48 PM
how is saying he's gonna put up 26/4/4 at 36 trashing him??? it's a complement if anything...

wasn't referring specifically to your predictions. just a general sense on the board. Although I do think people chronically underrate Kobe's playmaking ability, which has been one of his strong suits his whole career. He set his big men (Shaq, Gasol, even Kwame) up for more easy dunks and layups than any player other than John Stockton or Magic Johnson. Although not sure if there is a stat to track that. Which is why I believe his assist numbers will climb as his scoring dips, not the other way around.

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 02:50 PM
He'll never have fresh legs again. It's going to be a constant uphill run for him until he retires.

Achilles' tears are serious...and he tore his STRONG leg (left). He's going to be hindered for life from that one at his age. Then he broke his knee. And he's been out for how long?

So you got all that rehab and trying to get back into shape, but anyone who's ever played knows that NOTHING can prepare your for game time except game time. But the problem is that he's old and recovering so it's a long, slow recovery.

But because the Lakers are so lacking in talent...he's going to play heavy minutes whether he likes it or not and because he's so stubborn, he's going to push himself and shot jack like crazy.

He's going to play like shit and get injured again at some point next season. It's too bad because he could really benefit this young team if he took a backseat and played more of a mentor role, but we all know that's not possible with Kobe. His stubbornness is a double edged sword.

So, the Lakers lack so much talent, but he should step back and let that lack of talent win games for the team? the **** are you talking about?

It will be Kobe's show, a better version of the Wizards MJ.

nevetslc88
07-14-2014, 02:54 PM
wasn't referring specifically to your predictions. just a general sense on the board. Although I do think people chronically underrate Kobe's playmaking ability, which has been one of his strong suits his whole career. He set his big men (Shaq, Gasol, even Kwame) up for more easy dunks and layups than any player other than John Stockton or Magic Johnson. Although not sure if there is a stat to track that. Which is why I believe his assist numbers will climb as his scoring dips, not the other way around.

this is what i see also.

i see his assist and rebounding going up but his scoring going down.

Levity
07-14-2014, 02:58 PM
depends what kobe we see next season. before his achilles injury, we were seeing kobe almost exclusively play by the block as a facilitator. that seems to take a lot of ware on his body, but if he continues to do that, he can be a 20+ppg game with 7+ assists. hard to believe for people who didnt follow him, but watched boxscores only. but he honestly has the skills to be that guy

but like i said, playing down there possession after possession will take a toll on his already breaking down body. so he may just focus solely on scoring. if so, 25/5/5 is a starting point with room to go up or down, depending on health.

dubeta
07-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Lmao 35 ppg ur funny, I'll be surprised if kobe has any 2 consecutive games with a total of 35 points or higher

ThePhantomCreep
07-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Don't care, keep his minutes under 30 a game.

He's a 36 year-old wing player, coming off two really bad injuries.

Conserve him. The roster is pure garbage anyway.

Relinquish
07-14-2014, 03:06 PM
22 ppg on 41%.

GODbe
07-14-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm the biggest LeBron fan out there but even I know Kobe's gonna beast this season.

28/5/12

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 03:27 PM
depends what kobe we see next season. before his achilles injury, we were seeing kobe almost exclusively play by the block as a facilitator. that seems to take a lot of ware on his body, but if he continues to do that, he can be a 20+ppg game with 7+ assists. hard to believe for people who didnt follow him, but watched boxscores only. but he honestly has the skills to be that guy

but like i said, playing down there possession after possession will take a toll on his already breaking down body. so he may just focus solely on scoring. if so, 25/5/5 is a starting point with room to go up or down, depending on health.

I think playing like he did in 2011-12 would be better for his health. I just pray to god we don't run a high paced offense with Kobe being the point guard, it will only end badly.

dubeta
07-14-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm the biggest LeBron fan out there but even I know Kobe's gonna beast this season.

28/5/12

turnovers?

GODbe
07-14-2014, 03:29 PM
turnovers?
Assists.

lakerspng
07-14-2014, 03:35 PM
I would love to see Kobe play out of the high post primarily. He's so effective from that spot on the floor, easily one of the best in the league. And it takes a lot less toll on his body than trying to run a fast paced game.

If we'd grabbed Phil as our coach instead of D'Antoni a couple years ago... gah still makes me angry.

oarabbus
07-14-2014, 04:00 PM

:biggums:

He's old and coming off injury. You should expect EVERYTHING to drop and if you're lucky his FG% may improve