PDA

View Full Version : Can Wiggins and Bran become the GOAT duo?

Ca$H
07-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Assuming Wiggins reaches his full potential which is peak Tmac on offense and peak Pippen on D and Bran doesn't decline too drastically can they become the GOAT duo?

Other candidates- Magic and Kareem, MJ and Pippen, Kobe and Shaq

navy
07-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Wiggins isnt that good...

Inactive
07-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Wiggins is not going to be peak Tmac on offense, and peak Pippen on defense. If does attain that, he would basically be on par with Michael Jordan.

Ca$H
07-14-2014, 02:33 PM

Kobe and Tmac weren't that good when they were Wiggins' age either.

Meticode
07-14-2014, 02:34 PM
No, but I think LeBron has the oppertunity here to mentor Wiggins and help him become better quicker. I think by the time Wiggins reaches his potential LeBron will be on the decline.

VengefulAngel
Kobe and Tmac weren't that good when they were Wiggins' age either.
:facepalm

You have to be the dumbest poster on ISH.

Ca$H
Wiggins is not going to be peak Tmac on offense, and peak Pippen on defense. If does attain that, he would basically be on par with Michael Jordan.

If that is the case then is it safe to say that a declining Bran would be his Pippen?

Inactive
07-14-2014, 02:39 PM
If that is the case then is it safe to say that a declining Bran would be his Pippen?I guess. If Dion Waiters becomes peak Dwyane Wade on offense, and peak Sidney Moncrief on defense, Lebron could be his Pippen instead.

Ca$H
07-14-2014, 02:40 PM
:facepalm

You have to be the dumbest poster on ISH.

check the facts first

rookie Kobe- 7.6 ppg, 1.9 rpg 1.3 apg on 41.7%
rookie Tmac- 7.0 ppg 4.2 rpg 1.5 apg on 45.0%

JimmyMcAdocious
07-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Nope. But Wiggins-Kyrie-Bron-Bennett can become the GOAT quartet.

Myth
07-14-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't think so. Their ages are too far apart, so I doubt there will be enough (if any) prime overlap.

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 02:54 PM
check the facts first

rookie Kobe- 7.6 ppg, 1.9 rpg 1.3 apg on 41.7%
rookie Tmac- 7.0 ppg 4.2 rpg 1.5 apg on 45.0%

Rookie Kobe & T-Mac were 18, Wiggins is 19. 19 yr old Kobe was an all-star despite only playing 26 mpg and averaging 15/3/3 with the lack of minutes

19 yr old T-Mac averaged 9/6/2 in only 23 mpg

So Wiggins is at the point where he could already be an all-star caliber player, especially in the Eastern Conference. Wiggins the next Pippen maybe?

dubeta
07-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Rookie Kobe & T-Mac were 18, Wiggins is 19. 19 yr old Kobe was an all-star despite only playing 26 mpg and averaging 15/3/3 with the lack of minutes

19 yr old T-Mac averaged 9/6/2 in only 23 mpg

So Wiggins is at the point where he could already be an all-star caliber player, especially in the Eastern Conference. Wiggins the next Pippen maybe?

Goes to show how good lebron is

19 year old lebron 27/7/7 all star starter

:bowdown: :bowdown:

SilkkTheShocker
07-14-2014, 03:03 PM

Neither was Wade in Miami.

Ca$H
07-14-2014, 03:06 PM
I don't think so. Their ages are too far apart, so I doubt there will be enough (if any) prime overlap.

true. Magic and Kareem were in a similar situation except Kareem was still very good at an old age and Magic was very good right away. Wiggins will take at least three seasons to develop.

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Goes to show how good lebron is

19 year old lebron 27/7/7 all star starter

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Kobe @ 19 years old per 100 poss

30/6/5/2/1 on 43/34/79 shooting

Lebron @ 19 years old per 100 poss

28/7/8/2/1 on 42/29/75 shooting

Lebron at 19 actually averaged 21/6/6 on 42% shooting and didn't even make the all-star team while Kobe was an all-star off the damn bench son

Kobe and Lebron both came out of high school but Kobe was drafted at 17 and turned 18 2 months before the season while Lebron was drafted at 18 and turned 19 two months into the rookie season. A year is a huge difference at that age.

dubeta
07-14-2014, 03:17 PM

Lebron at 19 actually averaged 21/6/6 on 42% shooting and didn't even make the all-star team while Kobe was an all-star off the damn bench son

Kobe and Lebron both came out of high school but Kobe was drafted at 17 and turned 18 2 months before the season while Lebron was drafted at 18 and turned 19 two months into the rookie season. A year is a huge difference at that age.

it was half a year age difference than, you are rounding down while I am rounding up

a better thing would be to average lebrons 1st and 2nd year to get a midpoint at age 19

24/6/6

still considerably better than 2nd year kobe

LeBrons first 3 years

21/6/5
27/7/7
31/7/6

Now compare to kobe's first 3 years and start crying :applause:

K Xerxes
07-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Absolute best case scenario is another Magic-Kareem situation where Lebron ages gracefully and Wiggins bursts on to the scene as a star/superstar player. That's not going to happen, so I the answer is no.

Myth
07-14-2014, 03:27 PM
true. Magic and Kareem were in a similar situation except Kareem was still very good at an old age and Magic was very good right away. Wiggins will take at least three seasons to develop.

Yeah, it is certainly possible that LeBron stays at the top of his game for a long time or Wiggins is better sooner than expected, but I doubt it.

Myth
07-14-2014, 03:30 PM

1. LeBron would have started, not came off the bench.

2. LeBron at 19 was targeted more by defense than Kobe at 19 who was only secondary to defenses that focused more on Shaq.

GODbe
07-14-2014, 03:31 PM
No, Wiggins is shit

noob cake
07-14-2014, 03:37 PM
LeBron would love to have a role player become his robin.

Wiggins is terrible. I would be surprised if he ever sniffed an-all star game.

tmacattack33
07-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Assuming Wiggins reaches his full potential which is peak Tmac on offense and peak Pippen on D and Bran doesn't decline too drastically can they become the GOAT duo?

Other candidates- Magic and Kareem, MJ and Pippen, Kobe and Shaq

:roll:

Peak T-mac on offense and Peak Pippen on defense would mean he would become the unquestioned greatest player of all time.

strifed169
07-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Why are people sleeping on Irving? him + LBJ sounds deadly as fk

tmacattack33
07-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Why are people sleeping on Irving? him + LBJ sounds deadly as fk

Yeah people are retarded. 19 year old Wiggins is not gonna be better than Irving for at least a couple years.

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 03:58 PM
it was half a year age difference than, you are rounding down while I am rounding up

a better thing would be to average lebrons 1st and 2nd year to get a midpoint at age 19

24/6/6

still considerably better than 2nd year kobe

LeBrons first 3 years

21/6/5
27/7/7
31/7/6

Now compare to kobe's first 3 years and start crying :applause:

Kobe played off the bench in his first 2 years on limited minutes.

It's not half a year of difference. It's over a year. Kobe was drafted at 17 and turned 18 before the season while Lebron was drafted at 18 and turned 19 2 months into the season. The difference is over a year.

Kobe was in a different situation. They didn't play in the same system, didn't get the same minutes nor had the same teammates. You can't compare number for number because their situations are so far apart. Lebron was drafted as the 1st pick and played for his hometown team, he was everything Cleveland had and had the green light.

Kobe was a year younger and less NBA ready but was already considered a top prospect, teams were afraid to take him because a kid coming out of HS wasn't that regular back then, Kobe is the youngest drafted player in NBA history. He impressed the Lakers with his workout vs Michael Cooper, Jerry West saw the potential in him and was willing to take a gamble on the kid while other teams passed on him. Philly was Kobe's home town and had the 1st pick, but weren't willing to risk it over AI, who looked more like a sure thing back then.

dubeta
07-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Kobe played off the bench in his first 2 years on limited minutes.

It's not half a year of difference. It's over a year. Kobe was drafted at 17 and turned 18 before the season while Lebron was drafted at 18 and turned 19 2 months into the season. The difference is over a year.

Kobe was in a different situation. They didn't play in the same system, didn't get the same minutes nor had the same teammates. You can't compare number for number because their situations are so far apart. Lebron was drafted as the 1st pick and played for his hometown team, he was everything Cleveland had and had the green light.

Kobe was a year younger and less NBA ready but was already considered a top prospect, teams were afraid to take him because a kid coming out of HS wasn't that regular back then, Kobe is the youngest drafted player in NBA history. He impressed the Lakers with his workout vs Michael Cooper, Jerry West saw the potential in him and was willing to take a gamble on the kid while other teams passed on him. Philly was Kobe's home town and had the 1st pick, but weren't willing to risk it over AI, who looked more like a sure thing back then.

so you basically play the stats game, and when I counter you hide behind the "less minutes" :rolleyes:

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 04:10 PM
so you basically play the stats game, and when I counter you hide behind the "less minutes" :rolleyes:

I didn't basically play the stats game, I compared the numbers at the same age, since they are a year apart I took Kobe's 2nd season and compared it to Lebron's rookie season, which is much more fair because Kobe actually got minutes and was immediately an all-star despite coming off the bench while Lebron wasn't one.

I can't compare number by number when rookie Kobe rarely got any solid burn. He was already good as a rook though, when he got minutes he put up good numbers, but he only played 25+ minutes in 4 out of 71 games. It's not fair in any sense. Kobe was a good player as a rook and he already could have averaged all-star caliber numbers, as evidenced by the games he did get burn in.

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 04:24 PM
I didn't basically play the stats game, I compared the numbers at the same age, since they are a year apart I took Kobe's 2nd season and compared it to Lebron's rookie season, which is much more fair because Kobe actually got minutes and was immediately an all-star despite coming off the bench while Lebron wasn't one.

I can't compare number by number when rookie Kobe rarely got any solid burn. He was already good as a rook though, when he got minutes he put up good numbers, but he only played 25+ minutes in 4 out of 71 games. It's not fair in any sense. Kobe was a good player as a rook and he already could have averaged all-star caliber numbers, as evidenced by the games he did get burn in.
are you sure you want to play the per 100 possesions game for each year of lebron's and kobe's career? Kobe would look like a 2nd tier player if we did that.
Per 100 possession stats:
do you know that kobe has broken the 40 ppg barrier only once while lebron has done that twice already in a lot fewer years?

Kobe also has never had 10 rebounds per game or 10 assists per game in any year while lebron has done that 8 times combined in fewer years.

russwest0
07-14-2014, 04:29 PM
lol since when has bran been some great mentor

his advice (from what I've heard) to young players seems very geared towards his struggle about wanting attention and being in the limelight all the time and shit. Hell maybe that will work for Wiggins but so far to me he doesn't seem like a guy desperate for attention

someone like Kobe would be a much better mentor if you are talking about just star players.

Or Duncan, or Dirk, the list goes on.

not to mention LeBron simply doesn't make other players better.

6 for 24
07-14-2014, 04:45 PM

Perhaps our mathematics program isn't as rigorous here in Mozambique, but I am simply baffled by the logic outlined here!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

dubeta
07-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Perhaps our mathematics program isn't as rigorous here in Mozambique, but I am simply baffled by the logic outlined here!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

:roll: :applause:

6 for 24
07-14-2014, 06:29 PM
:roll: :applause:

The most shocking thing to me is that the poster, being a Kobe stan, is most likely a lesser-endowed Asian, and it was my understanding that Asians were the leading experts at math. Of course, he may be the rare well-endowed African Kobe stan like myself, and then all bets are off. Not too stereotype on the mathematics prowess or genital-size, of course.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Ca$H
07-14-2014, 06:35 PM
The most shocking thing to me is that the poster, being a Kobe stan, is most likely a lesser-endowed Asian, and it was my understanding that Asians were the leading experts at math. Of course, he may be the rare well-endowed African Kobe stan like myself, and then all bets are off. Not too stereotype on the mathematics prowess or genital-size, of course.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

What is the correlation between proper spelling/grammar and endowment?

Warmest regards,

Ca$H

navy
07-14-2014, 06:45 PM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
Never disappoints. :oldlol:

Soundwave
07-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Too big of an age difference (roughly 12 years apart) for that to happen. By the time Wiggins is peaking, LeBron will be losing his athleticism.

Angel Face
07-14-2014, 08:13 PM
They have a potential if Jordan and Pippen didn't exist. LeBron will be Wiggins' sidekick in a few years.