PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge vs Bosh

Myth
07-14-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm curious how they will compare this year. The last few years this has been a frequent argument to have popped up on ISH, with some saying Aldridge is better, while others saying Bosh is but is just hindered by LeBron. Now we'll finally have a better way of comparing them.

I'm thinking Aldridge is better at this point in their careers, but I like Bosh and expect to see him have a bounce back year with his larger role on the Heat.

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2014, 02:49 PM
aldridge this past year was better than bosh ever was

Myth
07-14-2014, 02:50 PM
aldridge this past year was better than bosh ever was

I believe so too, but that didn't stop the discussion. Probably because it was memory vs what is going on in front of our eyes (as well as stat comparisons).

Dresta
07-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Hard to tell until Bosh is actually given the opportunity to be more than a floor-spacer on a team that isn't dominated by the ball-stopping force known as Le "play how i want or i'll give up in the finals" Bron. Not surprised he was often disengaged when he'd often have only something like 5 or 7 shots - hard to get any rhythm when you touch the ball that infrequently.

SilkkTheShocker
07-14-2014, 03:01 PM
All 5 Heats fans on here are mad salty about Bron dumping them

Myth
07-14-2014, 03:20 PM
All 5 Heats fans on here are mad salty about Bron dumping them

Nice counting skills. There haven't even been 5 posters in here, and I for one am far from a Heat fan. I'm a Blazer fan.

MUGEN
07-14-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm biased but I think LMA has this. IF he shows more of the aggression we saw in some of the games the last season it would be an even easier thing to answer.

dubeta
07-14-2014, 03:28 PM
LMA would have been more valuable to lebron in the finals than wade + bosh combined

EnoughSaid
07-14-2014, 03:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I45gW4cjWIM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bosh without LeBron = MONSTER

Myth
07-14-2014, 03:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I45gW4cjWIM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bosh without LeBron = MONSTER

That was a very good game. We can't act like he will do that every game though. It was obviously an outlier. I think he can still potentially put up over 20/10 for a season though.

navy
07-14-2014, 03:34 PM
That was a very good game. We can't act like he will do that every game though. It was obviously an outlier. I think he can still potentially put up over 20/10 for a season though.
10 rebounds for Bosh? :oldlol:

EnoughSaid
07-14-2014, 03:39 PM

Well think about it. He's going to get around 20 shots a game easily. Factor in some free throws and that he shoots about 50%, I see him putting up something like 24/9. His midrange game is automatic, and he'll be utilized a lot more than just a jumpshooter this upcoming season.

I'm excited for him to shine.

Myth
07-14-2014, 03:39 PM

I'm not saying he will, but if he goes back to his Raptors style of play instead of trying to be Channing Frye, I wouldn't be totally surprised. He had 3 seasons of being over 10rpg. I expect him to probably be around 8 to 9 though.

navy
07-14-2014, 03:41 PM
I think Wade will score more than Bosh to be honest. He's a much better creator.

Bosh should be around 20-25 points. 22 seems about right. 8 rebounds max though.

navy
07-14-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm not saying he will, but if he goes back to his Raptors style of play instead of trying to be Channing Frye, I wouldn't be totally surprised. He had 3 seasons of being over 10rpg. I expect him to probably be around 8 to 9 though.

Bosh is going to shoot more threes than ever next year now that he has the greenlight to chuck. :confusedshrug:

The old Bosh that use to bang bodies is gone. He just doesnt like contact. Why he is one of the worst post defenders in the league as well.

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Well think about it. He's going to get around 20 shots a game easily. Factor in some free throws and that he shoots about 50%, I see him putting up something like 24/9. His midrange game is automatic, and he'll be utilized a lot more than just a jumpshooter this upcoming season.

I'm excited for him to shine.
His mid range game is not automati . he can't create space for him to get free. He can fake and drive to the basket but LMA can hit turn around jumpers to create space which were never bosh's strong skill. He scored a lot on his face up game and on drives. He was way quicker in Toronto which helped those drives to the rim.
If his jumpers are not falling then he has no post game at all as he never had a good back to the basket game.
The contract heat gave bosh will look amare level ridiculous in just 2 years even without injuries.

Myth
07-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Bosh is going to shoot more threes than ever next year now that he has the greenlight to chuck. :confusedshrug:

If that is the case, his bball IQ is really low. I just assumed he did that to spread bigs away from the basket for LeBron's drives.

navy
07-14-2014, 03:53 PM
If that is the case, his bball IQ is really low. I just assumed he did that to spread bigs away from the basket for LeBron's drives.

Bosh added the three point game to his arsenal because he doesnt like the post, not because he was forced out there. It makes no sense for him to be done there if he doesnt want to be there, which he has said publicly. The Heat made the adjustment and the offense was much better. He will be out there again next year. Notice he still shoots lots of threes in the games Lebron doesnt play. :confusedshrug:

TDownpour
07-14-2014, 03:53 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/boshch01.html

navy
07-14-2014, 03:58 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/boshch01.html
Bosh has played 11 seasons and averaged less than 10 in 8 of them. He averaged 6.6 this past year. He's not getting 10 rebounds.