PDA

View Full Version : The Rockets could have traded Lin, Parsons, and Asik for Rondo last season

Kidbasketball20
07-14-2014, 03:18 PM
And the big 3 could have been

Harden
Rondo
Howard

Instead the big 3 is

Howard
Harden
Ariza

With no depth, and the best thing so far this off season was Troy Daniels, who they might not even resign. :roll:

And with the contract they gave Ariza, they won't be able to resign T Jones if they want to go after another "max guy" next season.

BarberSchool
07-14-2014, 03:27 PM
When will the overrating of Rondo stop ? :roll:

UK2K
07-14-2014, 03:29 PM
No they couldn't have. Boston was tanking, why would they want any of those 3 players?

Relinquish
07-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Rondo with James Harden is no better than Lin. Either way, Rondo would never touch the ball. Great decision by Houston to say no to that terrible trade.

guy
07-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Crazy that the rockets lost all 3 of those guys for basically Trevor Ariza. Maybe there's such as a thing as management being too aggressive. Instead of getting Lebron, Melo, or Bosh, they get Ariza and lose out on 3 valuable assets. Wow.

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Rondo hasn't shown that he can be great on his own and he was just returning from ACL surgery last season, you don't trade your assets for a point guard coming off an injury as serious as that. IF they made the trade they would have given up 3 of their top 6 players for someone that barely even took court and looked rusty when he did.

Houston messed up big time. They gave away Lin and a 1st round pick and replaced Parsons with Ariza.

CelticBaller
07-14-2014, 05:22 PM
When will the overrating of Rondo stop ? :roll:
Overrating? :facepalm

CelticBaller
07-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Rondo hasn't shown that he can be great on his own and he was just returning from ACL surgery last season, you don't trade your assets for a point guard coming off an injury as serious as that. IF they made the trade they would have given up 3 of their top 6 players for someone that barely even took court and looked rusty when he did.

Houston messed up big time. They gave away Lin and a 1st round pick and replaced Parsons with Ariza.
Serious? For a player like rondo is a torn acl really that serious?

UK2K
07-14-2014, 05:35 PM
I keep seeing this repeated with no mention that they traded a two disgruntled players and a late first pick for a lotto pick and 16m in cap space. That's a good trade.

Wouldn't fit the narrative of this board though.

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Serious? For a player like rondo is a torn acl really that serious?

Of course it is. He played on limited minutes last season and didn't look all that good compared to his old self. It affects his speed, quickness, agility, his scoring inside the paint, where he got most of his points from. His ability to play defense.

I hope you're just screwing with me :cheers:

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 05:39 PM
I keep seeing this repeated with no mention that they traded a two disgruntled players and a late first pick for a lotto pick and 16m in cap space. That's a good trade.

They basically did nothing to improve their roster though. Replacing Parsons with Ariza and giving up Lin for nothing didn't do all that much for them. They freed up the cap space for Bosh and had to settle with Ariza. They still need a PF.

kentatm
07-14-2014, 05:47 PM

those players were only disgruntled b/c Morey treats his players like chattel.

hawkfan
07-14-2014, 05:55 PM
I don't know why the Lakers didn't take on both Lin and Asik.
They wouldn't have a problem paying the extra salary.
Asik, Randle and Hill at the bigs would be very solid.

Cocaine80s
07-14-2014, 05:57 PM
Rondo would end up as 6th man because he cant shoot the spot up 3 like Beverley :lol

outbreak
07-14-2014, 05:58 PM
wow tell me again how you work for Boston's front office and you personally know that Boston would have taken that deal?

CelticBaller
07-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Of course it is. He played on limited minutes last season and didn't look all that good compared to his old self. It affects his speed, quickness, agility, his scoring inside the paint, where he got most of his points from. His ability to play defense.

I hope you're just screwing with me :cheers:
He put up 18 assist with 0 to
And he played limited minutes cause tanking

outbreak
07-14-2014, 06:17 PM
He put up 18 assist with 0 to
And he played limited minutes cause tanking
I still don't comprehend how a legit poster can think Rondo isn't a top guard in this league. Oh my god his jump shot is unreliable he must be crap! **** that he's a great player and he's shown he can still score when needed.

CelticBaller
07-14-2014, 06:19 PM
I still don't comprehend how a legit poster can think Rondo isn't a top guard in this league. Oh my god his jump shot is unreliable he must be crap! **** that he's a great player and he's shown he can still score when needed.
There's always going to be someone under rating him

UK2K
07-14-2014, 06:25 PM
I think if Rondo was three years younger he'd be the PG I choose to start a franchise... I still think he's top 5.

But the Celtics would not take Lin/Asik last season. The goal was to lose, lose, lose, and any upgrade to their roster would have gone against their strategy.

kentatm
07-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Oh my god his jump shot is unreliable he must be crap!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/files/2014/07/JASONKIDD-495x299.jpg

outbreak
07-14-2014, 06:31 PM
There's always going to be someone under rating him
What ever happened to his assists dropping and him being a terrible player once the big three left? I seem to recall ISH was pushing that argument pretty hard.