PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Lakers considering to be the Coach?

navy
07-14-2014, 04:10 PM
What the fvck man? Hire somebody.

Droid101
07-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Poor photoshop
So, are you going to post that in every thread? Or just every thread you see today?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-14-2014, 04:16 PM
isn't byron scott the strongest candidate atm?

Levity
07-14-2014, 04:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G4JlWOt.jpg

how pissed was your mom when you told her she had to buy you an entire new wardrobe of Cavaliers fan gear?

Levity
07-14-2014, 04:25 PM
isn't byron scott the strongest candidate atm?

i think hes the only candidate at the moment. most laker fans have accepted the fact that he'll be our head coach. its weird that the lakers havent made it official yet.

coin24
07-14-2014, 04:28 PM
i think hes the only candidate at the moment. most laker fans have accepted the fact that he'll be our head coach. its weird that the lakers havent made it official yet.

Does it even matter with that piece of shit roster:confusedshrug:

Levity
07-14-2014, 04:30 PM
Does it even matter with that piece of shit roster:confusedshrug:

add marion and okafor, and the roster isnt half bad at all. you have guys in the starting 5 that can create offense for themselves (kobe, lin, randle) and then 2 guys who are there for defensive purposes.

coin24
07-14-2014, 04:35 PM
add marion and okafor, and the roster isnt half bad at all. you have guys in the starting 5 that can create offense for themselves (kobe, lin, randle) and then 2 guys who are there for defensive purposes.

The West is stacked as fu*k, will be extremely lucky to sneak in as 8th seed..

Rather get Beasley and a few other scorers off the bench.. Okafor would be nice, why is he still a FA??:confusedshrug:

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Byron Scott was always meant to coach Kobe and the Lakers. He was his mentor. Remember all that talk when the Nets/Lakers met in the finals. I'm surprised it has taken this long imo.

LA_Showtime
07-14-2014, 04:40 PM
It doesn't even matter who we hire at this point, we're going to suck. Regardless, we'll lose a lot of games, Kobe won't be happy, and the coach - fairly or not - will be killed for doing a poor job.

QuebecBaller
07-14-2014, 04:43 PM
how pissed was your mom when you told her she had to buy you an entire new wardrobe of Cavaliers fan gear?

:lol :lol :lol

coin24
07-14-2014, 04:45 PM

:lol :lol :lol

kennethgriffin
07-14-2014, 04:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G4JlWOt.jpg

lebron doesnt belong in that picture

no laker/kobe fan wanted lebron anywhere near this team

we saw how the media burried wade/bosh

theyed sweep kobe under the carpet and make him out to be a kickstand even if he averaged 25/5/5 and hit all the clutch shots

lakerfreak
07-14-2014, 05:00 PM

theyed sweep kobe under the carpet and make him out to be a kickstand even if he averaged 25/5/5 and hit all the clutch shots

Correction: Kobe fans wouldn't have wanted Lebron. Laker fans though would relish the opportunity to get every single superstar on this team and somehow expect them all to be happy not getting enough touches.

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Correction: Kobe fans wouldn't have wanted Lebron. Laker fans though would relish the opportunity to get every single superstar on this team and somehow expect them all to be happy not getting enough touches.

Would have wanted, but none of us expected him to come here. Everyone knew it was between Miami and Cleveland.

imnew09
07-14-2014, 05:09 PM
I would love to have Jeff Van Gundy, other than that, Mark Jackson. I seriously not looking for Scott because he hasn't proven shit :cry:

lakerspng
07-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Most likely will be Byron Scott.

Still an outside chance at Lionel Hollins.

I'd like to see them talk with Mark Jackson, but it doesn't seem like they've ever shown interest.

Need to make a choice pretty soon though. Time's ticking.

hangintheair
07-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Most likely will be Byron Scott.

Still an outside chance at Lionel Hollins.

I'd like to see them talk with Mark Jackson, but it doesn't seem like they've ever shown interest.

Need to make a choice pretty soon though. Time's ticking.

already with the Nets.

How about McMilan?

kennethgriffin
07-14-2014, 05:19 PM

nobody respects the way lebron wins

you want titles the way miami got them?

we laugh at all 3 of them. the world would do the same to the lakers titles if lebron was on our team rigging them for us

no thanks

some fans are sell outs though. they say one thing today and another thing the next

mock and trash a guy. then when he joins your team all of a sudden you're in love with his bad habbits

if i had to watch an entire season of travels, flops, charges and sh*t officiating... even if LA was winning i would still feel ashamed

it was bad enough when shaq was on the lakers. i never felt comfortable with the amount of stuff he got away with. offensive fouls. goal tending. camping in the lane with no 3 second calls. getting every single foul when he missed. fouling out 3-4 guys on the other team.

i appreciate what shaq brought to LA in the positive sense. but his negatives were absolute eye sores.

i'm a fan that believes in winning with skill and hard work, loyalty and playing fair.

guys like lebron dont bring that to the table. and i would never be 2faced like some laker fans to just welcome him with open arms.

lakerspng
07-14-2014, 05:21 PM
already with the Nets.

How about McMilan?

I wasn't aware that the deal had been finalized with the Nets/Hollins, thought it was still just an offer, or close on an offer.

I'd love to take a shot at Kareem, they gave Magic a shot, Fisher's getting a shot, why not the Captain?

dreamwarrior
07-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Kobe gonna be player/coach

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-14-2014, 05:24 PM
It doesn't even matter who we hire at this point, we're going to suck. Regardless, we'll lose a lot of games, Kobe won't be happy, and the coach - fairly or not - will be killed for doing a poor job.

This. It's going to be a dark next few years unless a miracle happens.

Meticode
07-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Sources I've read said Byron Scott will be announced as Lakers head coach by Wednesday this week.

SMoKe0uT
07-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Jerry Sloan

Bimbo Coles
07-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Chip Engelland

JT123
07-14-2014, 08:06 PM

You mean like how they buried Gasol and Bynum. :lol That's why Sessions left after just half a season, because he saw that when the team lost the blame always went everywhere EXCEPT Kobe.

longtime lurker
07-14-2014, 08:19 PM

Worst part is that we won't even have a pick to look forward to or youth to develop besides Randle and Clarkson. Then we get to do this all again next year yippiieeee!

Lamar Odumbb
07-14-2014, 08:23 PM
They should hire Jack Nicholson as coach. I think its on his bucket list. They might as well make this season interesting while they suck.

Hey Yo
07-14-2014, 08:29 PM
If they Hire Scott, the last 2 LA coaches will have been Cleveland's sloppy seconds.

Droid101
07-14-2014, 08:32 PM
You mean like how they buried Gasol and Bynum. :lol That's why Sessions left after just half a season, because he saw that when the team lost the blame always went everywhere EXCEPT Kobe.
Err... no. He left because he played atrociously in the playoffs and the Lakers did not offer him a contract.

Hey Yo
07-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Err... no. He left because he played atrociously in the playoffs and the Lakers did not offer him a contract.
Wrong.

The Lakers were prepared for Sessions' decision, but had hoped they could retain him and see what he could bring during a full season as the starting point guard before making a decision on an extended contract offer.

"I would have preferred that he would have exercised his option to extend and would have been with us for another year," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told reporters on a conference call Tuesday afternoon. "Only because he is a young player that's going to get better."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8072374/los-angeles-lakers-guard-ramon-sessions-explore-free-agency

Droid101
07-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Wrong.

The Lakers were prepared for Sessions' decision, but had hoped they could retain him and see what he could bring during a full season as the starting point guard before making a decision on an extended contract offer.

"I would have preferred that he would have exercised his option to extend and would have been with us for another year," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told reporters on a conference call Tuesday afternoon. "Only because he is a young player that's going to get better."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8072374/los-angeles-lakers-guard-ramon-sessions-explore-free-agency
Oh okay so a canned GM statement made about every single player that wasn't re-signed in the history ever is a testament to everyone hating to play with Kobe Bryant.

Shut up you ****ing troll.

Hey Yo
07-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Oh okay so a canned GM statement made about every single player that wasn't re-signed in the history ever is a testament to everyone hating to play with Kobe Bryant.

Shut up you ****ing troll.
Have no idea what you're talking about but he stated he left because he wanted more playing time. That's why he signed with Charlotte shortly after.

Cocaine80s
07-14-2014, 08:51 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibdk0byizWsEBC.gif

oh the horror
07-14-2014, 09:09 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibdk0byizWsEBC.gif

That's that Harvard university right there.