PDA

View Full Version : Someone in the media finally calls LeBron out on his BS

konex
07-14-2014, 04:35 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/14/lebron-james_n_5584503.html

Perhaps it is time for us to simply accept James for who he is: a hired gun. One of the best, but a hired gun all the same. James escaped from Cleveland when it was clear he couldn't lead his team to a title, and now he's departed Miami under the same circumstances. Our generation's best talent is also a 21st-century Houdini. James, who grew up in Akron, Ohio, is spinning his return to the Cavs as a heroic move, and many fans and sportswriters alike seem willing to go along with that. But James has given us no real reason to think of him as a hero.

What we know is that James is staying in the moribund Eastern Conference and headed to a team with three No. 1 picks and the possibility of attaining three-time All-Star Kevin Love. The Cavs have Kyrie Irving and Andrew Wiggins under contract for the next five years, and they could get as many as three first-round draft picks in 2015. Surely that didn't hurt when James was making his choice.

"Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio," James told Sports Illustrated on Friday. "It's where I walked. It's where I ran. It's where I cried. It's where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I'm their son. Their passion can be overwhelming ... My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball."

OK. But where was all the walking and running and crying and bleeding when James took off for Florida in 2010? It was only 10 months ago that James was telling ESPN, "I would love to spend the rest of my career in Miami with this great team and great organization as we continue to compete for championships. That's ideal."

It would be pointless to deny that James shows unparalleled artistry on the court. But let's not mistake that for loyalty to the fans and city of Cleveland. James has shown us before that he's willing to jump ship if that's what makes sense to him. Before we all hail to the king and pay homage to his throne, let's keep in mind that LeBron James might not be so much a king as an emperor with no clothes.

Finally more articles speaking the truth. Wake up, people!

coin24
07-14-2014, 04:40 PM
http://www.viralread.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/lebron_instagram.png

russwest0
07-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Lmao, he ethered LeBron/ESPN

kentatm
07-14-2014, 04:53 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Miami just came off their 4th straight Finals appearance.

Saying its clear that Miami had no shot at winning another title is straight up asinine.

Myth
07-14-2014, 04:54 PM
The one nice thing I can say is that this time he at least handled the transition with a little more tact.

navy
07-14-2014, 04:57 PM

Saying its clear that Miami had no shot at winning another title is straight up asinine.
Read all the threads here claiming how Miami is going to the Finals again next year even without Lebron. :oldlol:

russwest0
07-14-2014, 04:58 PM
I guess I'm just amazed at how much the media is eating this shit up. The dude quit on his team in the face of adversity again and, as expected, avoided the Western Conference and he's getting praised for it.

His PR team is GOAT tier.

ImKobe
07-14-2014, 05:01 PM
He sure is Houdini of the 21st century, that disappear act in the 2011 Finals was some GOAT magic trick type of shit.

imnew09
07-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Good thread, great read, but would be ignored because of the vast amount of Lebron Dickriders in this forum

russwest0
07-14-2014, 05:05 PM
He sure is Houdini of the 21st century, that disappear act in the 2011 Finals was some GOAT magic trick type of shit.

It's just funny how he had a pretty epic choke job his final year in Cleveland, and then he ditches them, and then he goes to Miami and has the biggest choke job in NBA history, and then ditches them a few years later for greener pastures...

and he's getting praised for this behavior and is a heavy MVP favorite going into next season because of the narrative and how easy his conference is

SouBeachTalents
I guess I'm just amazed at how much the media is eating this shit up. The dude quit on his team in the face of adversity again and, as expected, avoided the Western Conference and he's getting praised for it.

I guess he should have signed with the Jazz or Kings in that case

3LiftHeatCurse

The Spurs lost in 2013, Manu looked done, they lost

Spurs came back in 2014, Manu played great, they won

Why is Lequit being praised for "home" ? He just quit on his championship teammates during the middle of their run. They could have come back and won next year too.

imdaman99
When the going gets tough, he takes his talents to greener pastures.

He lost his shot at GOAThood with his 2010 decision shenanigans. This just basically adds to that.

Still lives a great life, happy for him to be able to go home.

r15mohd
07-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Schultz had no issue saying that Miami, Chicago or New York were best suited to land James just a couple weeks ago...now he's on the opposite end saying Lebron is running when he chooses to return home to Cleveland? :rolleyes: :facepalm

Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/30/nba-free-agency_n_5540387.html

seems this son of the CEO of Starbucks is just looking to gain some ranks...or upset that he didn't choose the nYk

http://blog.silive.com/sportsstories/2009/09/large_lebron-james-knicks.jpg

kennethgriffin
07-14-2014, 05:09 PM

i think of it like this...

if lebron stays in miami. they stay disinterested and complacent. unmotivated and coast through another regular season. reach the finals on pure skill/talent and lose another finals matchup with a hungrier team

now the guy who wrote the article might have been right. lebron might not be able to motivate that team full of guys to another title

but i think with new found focus and determination. wanting to prove people wrong. theyre gonna make a good run at it next year.

yes lebron left a better team for right now. but in a way he's running away from them because he realized ( along with the other heat members ) that what they were doing actually didnt matter because nobody really cares or respects what they do

its all because of the way they got together.

its best for both sides to make this split. it rejuvenates the heat. and it helps out lebron for the future

because 2-3 years from now the heats window closes. but the cavs window opens

its like future ring chasing

clamping onto a stacked deck for future card games.

so in a way lebron left a good situation for an even better one 2-3 years from now..

its still technically admitting defeat. running from a tough spot. not wanting to take on the challenge and sticking by his decision to ring chase with wade/bosh

so now hes doing it with wiggins/irving and hoping to get kevin love too ( to add to a collection of good young guys behind them and more to come )

i would much rather have seen lebron take the rout that kobe did. wait for the change over in miami. then take an entirely new heat team to the finals and win back to back. solidifying his first 2 rings

kennethgriffin
07-14-2014, 05:09 PM

if lebron stays in miami. they stay disinterested and complacent. unmotivated and coast through another regular season. reach the finals on pure skill/talent and lose another finals matchup with a hungrier team

now the guy who wrote the article might have been right. lebron might not be able to motivate that team full of HOFrs to another title

but i think with new found focus and determination. wanting to prove people wrong. theyre gonna make a good run at it next year.

yes lebron left a better team for right now. but in a way he's running away from them because he realized ( along with the other heat members ) that what they were doing actually didnt matter because nobody really cares or respects what they do

its best for both sides to make this split. it rejuvenates the heat. and it helps out lebron for the future

so in a way lebron left a good situation for an even better one 2-3 years from now..

its still technically admitting defeat. running from a tough spot. not wanting to take on the challenge and sticking by his decision to ring chase with wade/bosh

so now hes doing it with wiggins/irving and hoping to get kevin love too ( to add to a collection of good young guys behind them and more to come )

i would much rather have seen lebron take the rout that kobe did. wait for the change over in miami. then take an entirely new heat team to the finals and win back to back. solidifying his first 2 rings

r15mohd
07-14-2014, 05:10 PM
The Spurs lost in 2013, Manu looked done, they lost

Spurs came back in 2014, Manu played great, they won

Why is Lequit being praised for "home" ? He just quit on his championship teammates during the middle of their run. They could have come back and won next year too.

Lebron quit? He was on the only one playing this past Finals for the Heat...Wade/Bosh laid eggs, which became usual for playoff time since the Big3

Dresta
07-14-2014, 05:11 PM
The one nice thing I can say is that this time he at least handled the transition with a little more tact.
Yes, but then he still withheld the information for weeks and then released a letter probably written by his PR team in the hopes of patching up what he has realised was a moronic decision in hosting 'The Decision.' Strikes me all as cynical as **** tbh - the man thinks he's living in a soap opera or something. Terrible attention-whoring as per.

r15mohd
07-14-2014, 05:16 PM

now the guy who wrote the article might have been right. lebron might not be able to motivate that team full of HOFrs to another title

so where is the risk factor in all this with Lebron returning to Cleveland...seems it's only looked at as a scapegoat to future success from you, then saying "not wanting to take on the challenge..." to somehow boost your own stance? :rolleyes: :facepalm

Kyrie is injury prone since entering the league...the young team you speak of is unproven and likelihood of all becoming viable talent weighs on the wrong end than does the good. you mention the possibility of Kevin Love, why not mention the possibility of KD in 2016 when the cap grows and both are FA?

nothing but if's and one-sided views :confusedshrug: :rolleyes: :facepalm

TheReal Kendall
07-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Lebron is a flip flopper. He say one thing one minute and then he'll say or do the total opposite.

My whole thing is if you really feel like that about your hometown then why leave in the first place?

People would respect him more if he would've stuck it out and won at least 1 ring with the Cavs before leaving.

All that stuff about him loving Cleveland is hogwash. If you really felt like that then you wouldn't have left in the first place.

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Lebron is a flip flopper. He say one thing one minute and then he'll say or do the total opposite.

My whole thing is if you really feel like that about your hometown then why leave in the first place?

People would respect him more if he would've stuck it out and won at least 1 ring with the Cavs before leaving.

All that stuff about him loving Cleveland is hogwash. If you really felt like that then you wouldn't have left in the first place.
everyone is a flip flopper. i like different music now as compared to when i was in my teens. i also like girls of any color now whereas i just like white girls when i was in my teens.
if you opinions and feelings towards some things don't change over time then you are either an idiot or adult Buddha reborn.

russwest0
07-14-2014, 05:32 PM
The worst part is the people using Cleveland's record last year to paint him as some sort of guy taking on some extremely tough situation lol.

Thats about as dumb as acting like LeBron was a hero for joining the Heat the offseason after they were a first round exit.

TheReal Kendall
07-14-2014, 05:34 PM
everyone is a flip flopper. i like different music now as compared to when i was in my teens. i also like girls of any color now whereas i just like white girls when i was in my teens.
if you opinions and feelings towards some things don't change over time then you are either an idiot or adult Buddha reborn.

This dude is a grown ass man flip flopper like that. All your examples are of teens.

Also I the only thing I've ever flip flopped on was drinking and that's always after a bad hangover.

As a man your word is your bond.

Meticode
07-14-2014, 05:35 PM
So how's it feel to circle jerk each other on hating on someone?

I hate LeBron, that fakkit needs to die for being a sell-out.

I agree man, let me give you a handjob then you can repay me later.

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 05:40 PM
This dude is a grown ass man flip flopper like that. All your examples are of teens.

Also I the only thing I've ever flip flopped on was drinking and that's always after a bad hangover.

As a man your word is your bond.
most smart people change their opinion of many things even after their 30s. if you haven't changed your opinion about anything even after your 20s then you are not living your life the right way or are just too stubborn.

kentatm
07-14-2014, 05:44 PM

or maybe he didn't realize how much he loved Ohio until he left and lived elsewhere for a while? :confusedshrug:

TheReal Kendall
07-14-2014, 05:48 PM
or maybe he didn't realize how much he loved Ohio until he left and lived elsewhere for a while? :confusedshrug:

So he was homesick? I could see that happening. How long before he's ready to leave again?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-14-2014, 05:50 PM
most smart people change their opinion of many things even after their 30s. if you haven't changed your opinion about anything even after your 20s then you are not living your life the right way or are just too stubborn.

Changing your opinion =/= keeping your word

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Yes, but then he still withheld the information for weeks and then released a letter probably written by his PR team in the hopes of patching up what he has realised was a moronic decision in hosting 'The Decision.' Strikes me all as cynical as **** tbh - the man thinks he's living in a soap opera or something. Terrible attention-whoring as per.
he didn't withheld any info. what are you talking about? he told riley after the finals ended that wade wants him to leave for cleveland as wade wants to win MVP next season by playing all 82 games while putting up 30-6-6 on 40 mins per game.

Orlando Magic
07-14-2014, 05:51 PM
The worst part is the people using Cleveland's record last year to paint him as some sort of guy taking on some extremely tough situation lol.

Thats about as dumb as acting like LeBron was a hero for joining the Heat the offseason after they were a first round exit.

Cleveland won 33 last year games and Wiggins does not look to contribute in a star player capacity right away. So when their wins jump to over 50, you think that won't primarily be because of LeBron?

Interesting.

Dresta
07-14-2014, 05:53 PM
lol @ Cleveland fans desperately trying to convince themselves that Bron loves them really. Your franchise is just another tool in the soap opera life of the self-anointed 'chosen1' - the man wants to be worshipped. He did a despicable thing to your franchise and now he's raking in the plaudits for what will be another case of using and abusing. He's shown he can throw shit in your face and come back and still be worshipped. Basically he can do no wrong in the wasteland of Ohio. Embarrassing.

russwest0
07-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Cleveland won 33 last year games and Wiggins does not look to contribute in a star player capacity right away. So when their wins jump to over 50, you think that won't primarily be because of LeBron?

Interesting.

Lol stop.

They had Mike ****ing Brown coaching that team and were overall a mess. Anthony Bennett actually looks like he's in shape now and can contribute in some way, Andrew Wiggins will contribute immediately, their new coach looks much better, and they also won't be straight up trying to lose this year for a high draft pick.

Using their total wins last year in a vacuum is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Changing your opinion =/= keeping your word
what word? kobe and jordan both couldn't keep their words they promised during their wedding. those words are far more serious.
What word has lebron not kept that he said seriously? the only one i can think of is when he promised cavs a championship as a young player and if i am not wrong then he plays for the cavs while still having a good chunk of his career in front of him. he hasn't fulfilled his promise but has not broken it either.

russwest0
07-14-2014, 06:00 PM
what word? kobe and jordan both couldn't keep their words they promised during their wedding. those words are far more serious.
What word has lebron not kept that he said seriously? the only one i can think of is when he promised cavs a championship as a young player and if i am not wrong then he plays for the cavs while still having a good chunk of his career in front of him. he hasn't fulfilled his promise but has not broken it either.

lol did you not read the article?

he said this 10 months ago

I would love to spend the rest of my career in Miami with this great team and great organization as we continue to compete for championships. That's ideal.

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 06:03 PM
lol did you not read the article?

he said this 10 months ago
and? he said he would love to. he didn't promise anything there unless you are retarded.

russwest0
07-14-2014, 06:05 PM
and? he said he would love to. he didn't promise anything there unless you are retarded.

lol I knew you would respond with that bullshit.

So if he doesn't directly say the words "I promise" then we can't judge anything he says? :oldlol: :facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-14-2014, 06:05 PM

You have a point, but semantics aside, nobody likes a person who constantly flip-flops and changes their stance (opinion) on just about EVERYTHING they do. The guy isn't reliable and as the article illustrated, essentially a "hired gun". No loyalties whatsoever.

outbreak
07-14-2014, 06:10 PM
image has played a big part in where he signed but let's not act like he couldn't have signed with a safer contender than Cavs if he'd wanted too....

outbreak
07-14-2014, 06:12 PM
There's been multiple articles here through out his time in Miami about him mentioning he would love to go back to cleveland someday and that he still plans to keep his promise to cleveland.

Dresta
07-14-2014, 06:17 PM
image has played a big part in where he signed but let's not act like he couldn't have signed with a safer contender than Cavs if he'd wanted too....
That doesn't quite fit in with the Lebronathon soap-opera narrative though. He was already viewed as a ring-chaser, he'd rather be the saviour. If he wins just one chip (very possible considering he's joining 3 young no. 1 picks), his legacy and image will benefit more than if he won 2-3 chips somewhere else.

It's not about Cleveland, it's all about Lebron, as it always seems to be for some reason.

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 06:20 PM
You have a point, but semantics aside, nobody likes a person who constantly flip-flops and changes their stance (opinion) on just about EVERYTHING they do. The guy isn't reliable and as the article illustrated, essentially a "hired gun". No loyalties whatsoever.
what semantics? i am just right in this case. when has he constantly flip-flopped?
i don't even like him off the court but i don't hate him as much as you off the court so i am having fun showing how retarded you and russwest are.

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 06:25 PM
That doesn't quite fit in with the Lebronathon soap-opera narrative though. He was already viewed as a ring-chaser, he'd rather be the saviour. If he wins just one chip (very possible considering he's joining 3 young no. 1 picks), his legacy and image will benefit more than if he won 2-3 chips somewhere else.

It's not about Cleveland, it's all about Lebron, as it always seems to be for some reason.
you really are trolling with that 3 number 1 picks thing given that 2 of them could be bust or just average players.
given how much lebron knows about the league history, he must know that number 1 picks turning into average or below average players is a very strong probability which makes his move a gamble.

KNOW1EDGE
07-14-2014, 06:28 PM
Just a reminder, in Miami LBJ went to 4 straight finals, won 2 championships, MVP and finals MVP.

You guys call that bailing on a team in the face of adversity? He played out his contract in Miami and brought them 2 championships. Whoever says he bailed on his team in the face of adversity needs to get their head checked out.

LeBron played out his contract in Miami and decided to go home to try and win. Nothing more nothing less. You homos fabricate stories to fit your agendas.

outbreak
07-14-2014, 06:28 PM

That's true but people are going to both extremes here, some people saying Oh he is joining a shit team these rings will make him goat if he wins, others saying he is joining a stacked team so they don't count. He is still going to a team that's going to need a lot of work to be a contender and he could have gone to places with other stars where he would be a lock for more rings. But yeah he isn't going back purely because he loves cleveland he is still going back for his image and legacy.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-14-2014, 06:38 PM
what semantics? i am just right in this case. when has he constantly flip-flopped.
i don't even like him off the court but i don't hate him as much as you off the court so i am having fun showing how retarded you and russwest are.

The only thing you're showing is your ignorance, like in that thread questioning Jordan's "popularity" around the world. :oldlol:

Lets keep this basketball related:

-dunk contests; went on national tv declaring he'd be a part of one; we know how that one ended
-winning championships in cleveland; ran away after a promise he made to the city
-winning championships in miami yet when presented with an opportunity to re-sign, bolted
-dancing on the sidelines/court rubbing it in the faces of the bulls, then calls out Noah for flying at the mouth and being "disrespectful" (this may not be back-tracking, but contradictory, something I finished elaborating on earlier)

I can keep going, but why? You're a shameless LeBron apologist that will defend him until the end of time. lol

Timmy D for MVP
07-14-2014, 06:38 PM
What is the significance of the intent? Assuming he remains in Cleveland for the remainder of his career, will it matter why he came back? If he wins a title in a Cavs uniform, will anybody care? Does it diminish his greatness?

What if he jumps teams for the rest of his career, but retains his success. Does that change anything?

I"m curious why some of you care.

KNOW1EDGE
07-14-2014, 06:39 PM
LeBrons played for 2 teams in his career. Each time he played out his entire contract.

But yeah, he's a quitter and bailed on his team in the face of adversity. Oh, and by adversity I mean 4 straight finals appearances, 2 rings, finals mvp, mvp

russwest0
07-14-2014, 06:42 PM
What is the significance of the intent? Assuming he remains in Cleveland for the remainder of his career, will it matter why he came back? If he wins a title in a Cavs uniform, will anybody care? Does it diminish his greatness?

What if he jumps teams for the rest of his career, but retains his success. Does that change anything?

:biggums: :wtf: The media compares him to Jordan and shit. If they were honest about who he is, no one would care

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 06:42 PM
The only thing you're showing is your ignorance, like in that thread questioning Jordan's "popularity" around the world. :oldlol:

Lets keep this basketball related:

-dunk contests; went on a national tv declaring he'd be apart of one; we know how that one ended
-winning championships in cleveland; ran away after a promise he made to the city)
-winning championships in miami yet when presented with an opportunity to re-sign, bolted
-dancing on the sidelines/court rubbing it in the faces of the bulls, then calls out Noah for flying at the mouth and being "disrespectful" (this may not be back-tracking, but contradictory, something I finished elaborating on earlier)

I can keep going, but why? You're a shameless LeBron apologist that will defend him until the end of time. lol
how are those promises? also, jordan has never been the most popular athlete in the world and during the history at least 10 players have been more popular worldwide.

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 06:44 PM
:biggums: :wtf: The media compares him to Jordan and shit. If they were honest about who he is, no one would care
the media compares him. very few if any good writer has said that he is better. You really are a ESPN baby and yet you bitch about them to make it seem like you are mature.

Timmy D for MVP
07-14-2014, 06:44 PM

Sure. As a basketball player.

Outside of that I personally don't care. Who cares if he flip flops?

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 06:48 PM

the same guys who think that cheating on your wife is alpha but leaving a privately owned team that would only remember you after you retire to make more profit using your name is a beta thing.
Wife<privately owned club

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-14-2014, 06:50 PM

Nobody that watches the sport wants to be constantly fed bullshit to fit a narrative.

Everywhere I read/watch regarding basketball, is calling LeBron a "hero" and "honrable". What a ****ing joke. :oldlol:

6 for 24
07-14-2014, 06:54 PM

For me, personally, it is about integrity. This is why I am such a Kobe Bryant stan. The guy just speaks the truth. He said "my teammates are horrible" with a straight face.. who else does that? He said "Shaq cheated on his wife too" and didn't bat an eye, whereas everyone else would mumble and jumble in the name of loyalty or some such nonsense. Why, Kobe even said, "Sure the girl didn't consent to the sex, but I did. So be it." And then he followed it up with, "here is a beautiful $4M ring for my wife.. just because." How can you not root for that kind of integrity?

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Dresta
07-14-2014, 06:55 PM

You're right: it is irrelevant, which is why i wish the media would get off his nuts already acting like he's some great philanthropist because he chose to go 'home.' He made what he considered the best decision for himself, as all people should do; there's no need to pretend writing an apology letter somehow makes him Gandhi.

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Nobody that watches the sport wants to be constantly fed bullshit to fit a narrative.

Everywhere I read/watch regarding basketball, is calling LeBron a "hero" and "honrable". What a ****ing joke. :oldlol:
they also called him out on leaving the cavs when he just fulfilled his contract, made a tv special to pay for charity. i hope you know that cavs use "cleveland" in their name to make money. they are not owned by cleveland. why should any player be loyal to any team?
pretty much all the people i meet are only loyal to their work places as long as they feel good working there because of money, people or future career opportunities. they even make fun of their last work place.
if you were okay with lebron bashing for leaving then you should be okay with all the praise he gets for joining a 33 win team in a conference you guys constantly bash for being really weak.

Timmy D for MVP
07-14-2014, 06:58 PM

This might just be me, but I have the ability to eat only what I want to. And I really don't care what everyone else believes, so long as they don't fall into a troll like state when talking about it.

The media and fans can believe whatever. It doesn't bother me, or even effect me if we're being honest. So that was my question. You have answered it, that stuff matters to you.

Rose'sACL
07-14-2014, 07:01 PM
You're right: it is irrelevant, which is why i wish the media would get off his nuts already acting like he's some great philanthropist because he chose to go 'home.' He made what he considered the best decision for himself, as all people should do; there's no need to pretend writing an apology letter somehow makes him Gandhi.
bashing lebron when they shouldn't have made them a lot of money. praising him would make them a lot of money too.
i like lebron and i haven't read any article with a title praising lebron because i know it is made for idiots who love him too much or idiots who hate him too much. i just read the title and don't click on it at all.

Skyscraper
07-14-2014, 07:18 PM

get outta here with tht GOAT tier nonsense

Maverick Carter and World Wide Wes (stupidest name ever, he's not that important in the grand scheme of things) are just finally paying more attention to the details.

tontoz
07-14-2014, 08:20 PM
It's just funny how he had a pretty epic choke job his final year in Cleveland, and then he ditches them, and then he goes to Miami and has the biggest choke job in NBA history, and then ditches them a few years later for greener pastures...

Please explain how the pastures in Cleveland are greener than Miami's.

:confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-14-2014, 08:28 PM
This might just be me, but I have the ability to eat only what I want to. And I really don't care what everyone else believes, so long as they don't fall into a troll like state when talking about it.

The media and fans can believe whatever. It doesn't bother me, or even effect me if we're being honest. So that was my question. You have answered it, that stuff matters to you.

Yes, I wouldn't be discussing basketball on a message-board if it didn't matter.

Shocker huh?

Angel Face
07-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Good read. Agree on what the writer said. I've been saying stuff like that since LeBron's home coming BS PR. He returned to Cleveland because they have a better chance in reaching the Finals in the near future but not now though... They're still developing. Future superstars and younger legs. He is a manipulator, He used Bosh and Wade and now they have old legs, He ditched them. LeBron is the superstar mercenary.

JT123
07-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Good read. Agree on what the writer said. I've been saying stuff like that since LeBron's home coming BS PR. He returned to Cleveland because they have a better chance in reaching the Finals in the near future but not now though... They're still developing. Future superstars and younger legs. He is a manipulator, He used Bosh and Wade and now they have old legs, He ditched them. LeBron is the superstar mercenary.
Why would Lebron be playing for the future instead of the now? He's almost 30 and is about to be out of his prime. Wouldn't it make more sense for him to spend another season or two in Miami while Cleveland's young stars develop into better players?

russwest0
07-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Why would Lebron be playing for the future instead of the now? He's almost 30 and is about to be out of his prime. Wouldn't it make more sense for him to spend another season or two in Miami while Cleveland's young stars develop into better players?

lol what?

4th year Kyrie and 3rd year Waiters are pretty close to Wade and Bosh going into next season.

And then you add in Wiggins, Tristan, Varejao, Bennett, and maybe someone like Mike Miller or Ray Allen and it's clear which team is better for both right now and the future

DonDadda59
07-14-2014, 08:47 PM
Obviously, Bron's PR team learned a great deal from the first Decision. If they knew then what they know now, instead of ripping out Cleveland's heart on national TV he probably would've penned another sappy letter about how he was leaving for Miami because he wanted to play with the great friends he formed life long bonds with during the Olympics, men he's considered brothers who've grown since being drafted together back in '03 blah blah blah.

To anyone with half a brain who isn't easily manipulated by fake melodrama soap- this was clearly just as opportunistic a move by Bron as the original decision.

Who here actually thinks he would've left Miami if they had waxed the Spurs and Wade was looking fresh and rejuvenated?

JT123
07-14-2014, 08:51 PM
lol what?

4th year Kyrie and 3rd year Waiters are pretty close to Wade and Bosh going into next season.

And then you add in Wiggins, Tristan, Varejao, Bennett, and maybe someone like Mike Miller or Ray Allen and it's clear which team is better for both right now and the future
They might be better in the regular season, but there is no way a team that young can compete for a title. Think about it, when is the last time a young team won a championship? Lack of playoff experience is going to be a major problem for the Cavs.

russwest0
07-14-2014, 08:52 PM
They might be better in the regular season, but there is no way a team that young can compete for a title. Think about it, when is the last time a young team won a championship? Lack of playoff experience is going to be a major problem for the Cavs.

And with a rookie HC as well.

I agree I'm just saying the Heat were on the other end of the spectrum. Too old. The Heat defensively going into next season looked pretty damn bad. Like no way in hell they'd be able to even slow down the Thunder or Spurs next year in the Finals.

oh the horror
07-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Obviously, Bron's PR team learned a great deal from the first Decision. If they knew then what they know now, instead of ripping out Cleveland's heart on national TV he probably would've penned another sappy letter about how he was leaving for Miami because he wanted to play with the great friends he formed life long bonds with during the Olympics, men he's considered brothers who've grown since being drafted together back in '03 blah blah blah.

To anyone with half a brain who isn't easily manipulated by fake melodrama soap- this was clearly just as opportunistic a move by Bron as the original decision.

Who here actually thinks he would've left Miami if they had waxed the Spurs and Wade was looking fresh and rejuvenated?

This. But obviously people believe what they want to believe.

Since Miami just came off "4 straight finals appearances" and Cleveland according to people here is a piece of shit franchise apparently Lebron is pulling out his inner Jesus and saving them.

The reality is however, Wade looks spent. Bosh looked meh. And Lebron has been carrying that team all season long. They added Granger and McRoberts and it was time to go. Miami doesn't have the cap flexibility to put pieces around those guys to let Lebron rest. Miami is old. Cleveland has some young legs.

Cleveland has young assets out the ass. Several up and comers and multiple 1st picks in the draft. They have many options as for putting together packages to acquire players to pair with Lebron which is why we are even entertaining the idea of Love going to Cleveland.

It is what it is.

DonDadda59
07-14-2014, 09:13 PM

Since Miami just came off "4 straight finals appearances" and Cleveland according to people here is a piece of shit franchise apparently Lebron is pulling out his inner Jesus and saving them.

The reality is however, Wade looks spent. Bosh looked meh. And Lebron has been carrying that team all season long. They added Granger and McRoberts and it was time to go. Miami doesn't have the cap flexibility to put pieces around those guys to let Lebron rest. Miami is old. Cleveland has some young legs.

Cleveland has young assets out the ass. Several up and comers and multiple 1st picks in the draft. They have many options as for putting together packages to acquire players to pair with Lebron which is why we are even entertaining the idea of Love going to Cleveland.

It is what it is.

Yup, that Historic ass whooping the Spurs put on the Heat made Bron realize they have a lot of work to do in order to be able to compete with the best of the West. Coasting through the finals like they did the regular season and the playoffs obviously wasn't going to get it done. But he figured, why retool with a hobbled, 32 year old Wade when you can retool with a 22 year old Kyrie and throw in 19 year old Wiggins, cap room, draft picks, and maybe even Kevin Love.

Worst case scenario for Bron if the team doesn't live up to its potential or he doesn't feel the front office is doing its job- opt out in 2 years and work on convincing Durant to play with him somewhere else and make bank off the new max.

JT123
07-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Yup, that Historic ass whooping the Spurs put on the Heat made Bron realize they have a lot of work to do in order to be able to compete with the best of the West. Coasting through the finals like they did the regular season and the playoffs obviously wasn't going to get it done. But he figured, why retool with a hobbled, 32 year old Wade when you can retool with a 22 year old Kyrie and throw in 19 year old Wiggins, cap room, draft picks, and maybe even Kevin Love.

Worst case scenario for Bron if the team doesn't live up to its potential or he doesn't feel the front office is doing its job- opt out in 2 years and work on convincing Durant to play with him somewhere else and make bank off the new max.
Just a few weeks ago this fool was calling the Heat the most stacked team of all time, but now all of a sudden Lebron is a front runner for leaving them and joining a team that just won 33 games in the weakest conference ever! :roll:
Never change Bron haters. :applause:

DonDadda59
07-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Just a few weeks ago this fool was calling the Heat the most stacked team of all time, but now all of a sudden Lebron is a front runner for leaving them and joining a team that just won 33 games in the weakest conference ever! :roll:
Never change Bron haters. :applause:

When the f*ck did I say that pu$$y? Stick to d*ck sucking, basketball discussion is not for you.

You're probably one of those dumbasses who really think Bron tucked tail and ran back home because he loves Cleveland so much. Dudes got played like girls watching a chick flick. I can just imagine you sitting there reading that letter crying like a bitch and jerking off at the same time :oldlol:

Soundwave
07-14-2014, 09:25 PM

Irving/Wiggins and or Love

Is a better "big 3" to surround LeBron for the next few years than aging Wade + Bosh.

It's all calculated on his part, he saw the opportunity to score a potentially better "big 3" going forward under the guise of "coming home" and took it.

edrick
07-14-2014, 09:31 PM
lol what?

Stupid shit like this is why I laugh at most things you type. Saying Kyrie and Waiters are close to Wade and Bosh is about as dumb of a comment as you can make in regards to basketball.

nathanjizzle
07-14-2014, 09:40 PM

and they were going to make a 5th straight?:roll: :roll: they wernt even suppose to win their second chip with ray hitting a miracle 3. they made ecf 4 years in a row for a reason, because their wasnt a legit 2nd team in the east to contend :roll: :roll: :roll: how long will they depend on that fact lasting? definitely not this year.

JT123
07-14-2014, 09:48 PM
When the f*ck did I say that pu$$y? Stick to d*ck sucking, basketball discussion is not for you.

You're probably one of those dumbasses who really think Bron tucked tail and ran back home because he loves Cleveland so much. Dudes got played like girls watching a chick flick. I can just imagine you sitting there reading that letter crying like a bitch and jerking off at the same time :oldlol:
Why all the cursing? You seem to be taking shit way too personally! This is a basketball forum fggt, get a grip. :oldlol:

DonDadda59
07-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Why all the cursing? You seem to be taking shit way too personally! This is a basketball forum fggt, get a grip. :oldlol:

Eat a bowl of d*cks. How bout that?

FLDFSU
07-14-2014, 10:05 PM
lol what?

Lol 2 weeks this man said the Heat were the most stacked team of all time. Now Cleveland was as stacked as Miami

JT123
07-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Eat a bowl of d*cks. How bout that?
You are pathetic! :oldlol: How long are you gonna continue to shit on every superstar in the league to try and protect Jordan's memory? Stop trying so hard to protect his legacy, Jordan doesn't give 2 shits about you or any of his fans! :roll:

oarabbus
07-14-2014, 10:20 PM
lol what?

If I didn't know you were trolling, I'd call this the dumbest thing I've heard in the offseason.

DonDadda59
07-14-2014, 10:23 PM
You are pathetic! :oldlol: How long are you gonna continue to shit on every superstar in the league to try and protect Jordan's memory? Stop trying so hard to protect his legacy, Jordan doesn't give 2 shits about you or any of his fans! :roll:

And some people say cucumbers taste better pickled :biggums:

Timmy D for MVP
07-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Yes, I wouldn't be discussing basketball on a message-board if it didn't matter.

Shocker huh?

So you're on this forum because you catch feelings about what the media and other people think?

guy
07-14-2014, 11:59 PM
I think his letter and his intentions are sincere. I find it funny though that in the middle of that letter, his PR team did a masterful job of basically lowering the expectations for him and the public has accepted it. The whole not guaranteeing a championship and it will be a long journey to get there and the goal is to bring one trophy to Ohio, etc. basically made it so instead of Lebron being expected to win another 3-4 titles its now just 1 title. And since the letter was so heartwarming, the media isn't going to actually expect him to do more then that despite the fact that if you look at his team and the current landscape of the league there's no reason we shouldn't hold a player as great as him to that standard.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-15-2014, 12:09 AM
So you're on this forum because you catch feelings about what the media and other people think?

Last I checked, this this was a basketball forum...discussing basketball players. :confusedshrug:

Roundball_Rock
07-15-2014, 12:11 AM
You are pathetic! :oldlol: How long are you gonna continue to shit on every superstar in the league to try and protect Jordan's memory?

:lol

Timmy D for MVP
07-15-2014, 01:10 AM
Last I checked, this this was a basketball forum...discussing basketball players. :confusedshrug:

Certainly. But whining that your sick the media is shoving a story down your throat seems to not be relevant. If you guys think of players as more than just basketball players and are concerned about whether or not they have integrity then cool.

To me that holds no relevance.

IMObjective
07-15-2014, 02:54 AM
I too am someone who sees through the pr bs, probably cause I'm not really a fan. If it was Kobe I would probably overlook it. So I say let the fans have this, it is a nice story and moving, even for me a little bit while watching the news, hearing the song, etc. No point in getting mad at lbj or his fans for the pr spin.

One thing's for sure though, heat waxed the spurs back in June... home, schmome.

Meticode
07-15-2014, 02:55 AM
We hate LeBron so much, but we create pages upon pages of threads about him. Let it fester. Deep inside of your pee pee hole.

Timmy D for MVP
07-15-2014, 02:57 AM
We hate LeBron so much, but we create pages upon pages of threads about him. Let it fester. Deep inside of your pee pee hole.

No I'm pretty sure you should see a doctor is something is festering in your pee pee hole. You're giving bad advice.

Meticode
07-15-2014, 02:58 AM
No I'm pretty sure you should see a doctor is something is festering in your pee pee hole. You're giving bad advice.
That's what I've been saying about all these posters making LeBron threads. They dislike him so much, but they flood the forum with them. The could make the world a better place by just going to work like I don't.

Warfan
07-15-2014, 03:02 AM
That's what I've been saying about all these posters making LeBron threads. They dislike him so much, but they flood the forum with them. The could make the world a better place by just going to work like I don't.
Wtf are you saying?? Are you drunk?? :lol

Timmy D for MVP
07-15-2014, 03:04 AM

Idk. Don't listen to him. If you feel anything even fizzing in your pee pee hole call your doctor and tell him: "Doc I think Lebron is festering." and he'll be like here I'll give you an aging D Wade, this should send him back to Cleveland and clear you up.

FPJ
07-15-2014, 03:12 AM
I dont have a problem with Lebron leaving, i just dont see how he'd get past Gilbert's letter and all the shit Cleveland threw at him.

He should have trolled the Cavs and say he'd play for them only if Gilbert sold the team.

Timmy D for MVP
07-15-2014, 03:16 AM
I dont have a problem with Lebron leaving, i just dont see how he'd get past Gilbert's letter and all the shit Cleveland threw at him.

He should have trolled the Cavs and say he'd play for them only if Gilbert sold the team.

Because he and Dan Gilbert are grown men would be my guess.

Meticode
07-15-2014, 03:16 AM
No, you're just not at my level, which is 5 below yours. Get on it.

FPJ
07-15-2014, 03:40 AM
Because he and Dan Gilbert are grown men would be my guess.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

Does this apply for a grown man where you live?

tomtucker
07-15-2014, 03:53 AM
In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

:biggums: .........so what happened to that GUARANTEE

GimmeThat
07-15-2014, 03:54 AM
well, you learn to start speaking in a certain way once you start making some money.

and when you are making some serious money.
no one has ever seen someone who could change that fast I tell ya.

but then, who's going to believe him when he says he was just a kid from NorthEast Ohio who wanted to live a successful life?

people who cared

RedBlackAttack
07-15-2014, 03:55 AM
Maybe he knows he handled that free agency period worse than any athlete in the history of sports, perhaps? And that he shares part of the blame for the ensuing fallout?

They're two men who both probably wish they could take back quite a lot from that night. Gilbert commented about it directly the other night during the Cavs' first Summer League game... "We had seven great years and one bad night. That shouldn't define our relationship."

And it hasn't. They're doing what grownups do.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-15-2014, 04:00 AM
Certainly. But whining that your sick the media is shoving a story down your throat seems to not be relevant. If you guys think of players as more than just basketball players and are concerned about whether or not they have integrity then cool.

To me that holds no relevance.

I'm sorry that you view my criticisms of LeBron as "whining", but I'm just responding to the thread topic.

Feel free to repeat yourself in a topic geared toward the media and LeBron, though. Maybe it'll stick this time? :cheers:

russwest0
07-15-2014, 04:02 AM
Maybe he knows he handled that free agency period worse than any athlete in the history of sports, perhaps? And that he shares part of the blame for the ensuing fallout?

They're two men who both probably wish they could take back quite a lot from that night. Gilbert commented about it directly the other night during the Cavs' first Summer League game... "We had seven great years and one bad night. That shouldn't define our relationship."

I'm sorry I just don't know how any Cleveland fan could support LeBron coming back. You guys were (rightfully so) burning his jersey just a few years back.

tomtucker
07-15-2014, 04:05 AM
Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our homegrown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland. Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day...

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue...

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

masonanddixon
07-15-2014, 04:18 AM

lol yeah both two conmen though.

One guy made his fortune scamming the American public, the other had to jump ship and ride coattails to win a ring.

chosen_one6
07-15-2014, 04:28 AM
No, you're just not at my level, which is 5 below yours. Get on it.

So your level is 5 levels below his? What kind of reverse psychology sh*t is that?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-15-2014, 04:36 AM
If the cavs had an awful roster i doubt he'd go back...that being said it being "Cleveland" definitely had a lot to with it...whether it be from selfless motives like his letter outlined or selfish ones like fixing his image...probably was a combination of both..

if it were just about stacking the deck and winning rings then why not Rockets, Mavs, Suns, Bulls???..all have better rosters than the Cavs right now..

ImKobe
07-15-2014, 05:00 AM

not 1, not 2 but 3 #1 picks in the draft
David Blatt, a very respected coach (who respects Spo?)
Andy V, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters

Irving
Wiggins
James
Thompson
Varejao

This starting 5 is much better than last year's Heat starters. Irving at this point is a better player than Wade because even though he might not be that good on D, his young legs will keep him on the court longer and he'll be more consistent on the offensive end. Then you have the most hyped #1 pick since Lebron in Wiggins, who is already an elite defender and a decent offensive player. Tristan Thompson has been a 11 & 9 guy the last two seasons and he's only 22 years of age, he's an above-average PF.

Andy V is better than any big man Miami had, Bosh is not a big man, he's a PF.

That starting 5 is much better than Miami's. You can't compare last season to what they have right now, adding Wiggins + replacing Mike Brown with one of the best coaches in the world makes them a Playoff team without Lebron James, now you add the best player in the world? The previous Cleveland team that Lebron left finished with 19 wins the following season, this team won 33 with Mike Brown and without Wiggins on the roster.

r15mohd
07-15-2014, 08:43 AM
not 1, not 2 but 3 #1 picks in the draft
David Blatt, a very respected coach (who respects Spo?)
Andy V, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters

Irving
Wiggins
James
Thompson
Varejao

This starting 5 is much better than last year's Heat starters. Irving at this point is a better player than Wade because even though he might not be that good on D, his young legs will keep him on the court longer and he'll be more consistent on the offensive end. Then you have the most hyped #1 pick since Lebron in Wiggins, who is already an elite defender and a decent offensive player. Tristan Thompson has been a 11 & 9 guy the last two seasons and he's only 22 years of age, he's an above-average PF.

Andy V is better than any big man Miami had, Bosh is not a big man, he's a PF.

That starting 5 is much better than Miami's. You can't compare last season to what they have right now, adding Wiggins + replacing Mike Brown with one of the best coaches in the world makes them a Playoff team without Lebron James, now you add the best player in the world? The previous Cleveland team that Lebron left finished with 19 wins the following season, this team won 33 with Mike Brown and without Wiggins on the roster.

still don't see this Cavs team with Lebron out-dueling the Miami Heat teams with Lebron (any of the 4years)...Miami was just that good of a squad and PROVEN whereas the Cavs team is inexperienced and yet to be successful these past few years.

what you do highlight, though, is just how impacting and GREAT Lebron is as a player...which has been discredited by you many times on here. glad to see you coming around and finally seeing the light! :applause: :D :cheers:

tontoz
07-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Not all number 1 picks are created equal. The Cavs have the worst record in the league since they drafted Irving. Bennett was worthless last year and it remains to be seen how Wiggins will do.

Bosh and Wade have proven themselves. The Cavs without Lebron, not so much.

r15mohd
07-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Not all number 1 picks are created equal. The Cavs have the worst record in the league since they drafted Irving. Bennett was worthless last year and it remains to be seen how Wiggins will do.

Bosh and Wade have proven themselves. The Cavs without Lebron, not so much.

they don't see this, or at least acknowledge to it...not every #1 is going to be a star. there have been awful #1 picks, the Cavs have one in Bennett...then there's Kwame, Olawakondi, Bargnani, KMart is borderline, Joe Smith, etc.

the Cavs are just unproven these past few years to say they are outright better than the Heat. there's nothing other than maybe Kyrie to even reference, and even he's been a sort of issue with his injuries. Lebron chose to go home at the risk of no more rings...how many potential GOAT's even consider this when coming off a Finals run and proven team like the Heat.

it's a very bold move by Lebron and you can't knock him at all for it, but it is a bold and risky decision for being a potential GOAT still in his prime

GimmeThat
07-15-2014, 09:12 AM
well, no one really complains when the time is good.

but I guess egos can make the bad times worse.

BoutPractice
07-15-2014, 09:13 AM
KMart, sadly, was one of the best picks from his draft...

DonDadda59
07-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Bron used the old 'but baby you know youre the only one i ever loved. Me and miami were just f*cking, not making love like we used to' routine.

And all of Ohio fell for it :yaohappy:

Jasper
07-15-2014, 09:56 AM

point on.

However Bron knew Miami had to retool , and I still think Miami's owner was not opening his pocket book wide enough ...

I seriously believe he could of gotten Bledsoe from the Suns

Bosh wade Bledsoe and Bron would of been unstoppable.

GimmeThat
07-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Bron used the old 'but baby you know youre the only one i ever loved. Me and miami were just f*cking, not making love like we used to' routine.

And all of Ohio fell for it :yaohappy:

actually, it's probably the girls that says whatever that ends up sticking around.

guys like girls with a sense of humor.

Ass Dan
07-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Huff Po is so far up their own asshole they are like a mirror of Fox News (in the mirror left is right).

its a shit news organization and it should stay the f*ck out of hoops commentary.

RRR3
07-15-2014, 11:42 AM
So how's it feel to circle jerk each other on hating on someone?
:oldlol:

EllEffEll
07-15-2014, 12:01 PM

It is what it is.

Did you forget the part about Miami trading up to get Napier (which I would qualify as at least somewhat significant) in the draft, or did it water down the "Miami is old" point?

I'm not anointing LBJ as a saint by any stretch, but I have no reason to vilify him for returning to Cleveland either.

InfiniteBaskets
07-15-2014, 12:38 PM
I have no problem with LeBron leaving for the Cavs, as both a casual fan and a Heat fan.

LeBron could have gone to any playoff team from last year and would be labeled a ring chaser.

If he joins the Mavs, Dirk becomes top 10 GOAT and Monta is labeled a superstar by ISH. Rick Carlisle joins Pop and Phil as GOAT coaches.

If he joins the Hawks, Horford is the new Tim Duncan and Teague is every bit as good as CP3.

If he joins the Bulls it's pretty much game over for the East for the next 4 years.

To be honest, Cleveland still has a ton of work to do if they want to even come out of the East next year. It will be very fortunate if Cleveland in the next 2 years will approach how good Miami was in 2012 and parts of 2013.

Alternatively, I will be surprised if Kyrie / Wiggins / Waiters can play up to the level of Wade in 2011.