Love him already. His athleticism and step back jumper... :applause:

qrich
07-15-2014, 12:07 AM
:facepalm

Canadians.

JtotheIzzo
Love him already. His athleticism and step back jumper... :applause:

I am loving the energy on defense, the way he gets to the help position so quickly, and the way he gets in the lanes.

His speed on defense will lead to a ton of blocks and steals as the season wears on.

Cocaine80s
thats an insane block. Was falling away from Noel too

JtotheIzzo
07-15-2014, 12:08 AM

Canadians.

says the guy with the f@ggot ass soccer avatar.:roll:

PsychoWorm
07-15-2014, 12:11 AM
Am I the only one that thinks his development will be slowed by being at best the 3rd option for the next couple of years?

JtotheIzzo
07-15-2014, 12:15 AM
Am I the only one that thinks his development will be slowed by being at best the 3rd option for the next couple of years?

Not really, it is actually a near perfect fit in many ways. He can learn under a top ten player and hone all the little parts of his game and when it is time to step up he will be a complete package.

Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers under Brett Favre only that Wiggins will be in the games as well.

9erempiree
07-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Judging by those videos, he is more skilled than Lebron.

In 2 years, or after the all star break this year, he will be the best player on his team.

SyRyanYang
07-15-2014, 12:22 AM
That's some Vintage D-Wade shit:applause:

noob cake
07-15-2014, 12:24 AM
So much hype and so many stans. Every play this season is going to get a gif or a thread. :(

9erempiree
07-15-2014, 12:26 AM
So much hype and so many stans. Every play this season is going to get a gif or a thread. :(

One of the more exciting players to come out.

deja vu
07-15-2014, 12:29 AM
Might be better than Kobe soon.:bowdown:

Ca$H
07-15-2014, 12:36 AM

He deserves stans. He is a classy and polite young man unlike Bran the male prostitute and kobe the rapist.

RedBlackAttack
07-15-2014, 12:40 AM
He has looked absolutely incredibly defensively. His jumper outside of 18-feet still hasn't been there, but I have no doubt he'll eventually be a very good long-range jumpshooter. The mechanics are there. He just needs to take his time and put in the work.

He also tends to get out of control if he tries to play too much isolation basketball.

But, he has an NBA-ready step-back jumper that could really be his offensive trademark at the start of his career. It's basically indefensible because he gets so high on his release. I also think Blatt would be wise to use him in the low and high post. With his long frame and explosive first step, the closer he gets to the basket, the less of an issue his handle is going to be.

The first highlight shows what he would do when he learns how to get his footwork down in post-up situations.

All of that being said, it is his defense that has blown me away so far. He is all over the floor. Whether it is racing to the perimeter to close-out on a jumpshot, playing the passing lanes, hedging to disrupt anything that gets inside, swatting away shots with ease and from all angles...

He has the chance to be a genearational defensive wing. I can't even imagine how difficult it is going to be for offenses with he and James on the same floor together.

And, with all of the turnovers he causes, that puts into motion his insane transition game... along with that of Irving, James, Waiters, Bennett...

His shooting percentages have been underwhelming so far, and I couldn't care less. This guy looks awesome.

FrobeShaw
07-15-2014, 12:44 AM

Canadians.

Why are they making threads on the number 1 pick? Why!

Ca$H
07-15-2014, 12:45 AM
He has looked absolutely incredibly defensively. His jumper outside of 18-feet still hasn't been there, but I have no doubt he'll eventually be a very good long-range jumpshooter. The mechanics are there. He just needs to take his time and put in the work.

He also tends to get out of control if he tries to play too much isolation basketball.

But, he has an NBA-ready step-back jumper that could really be his offensive trademark at the start of his career. It's basically indefensible because he gets so high on his release. I also think Blatt would be wise to use him in the low and high post. With his long frame and explosive first step, the closer he gets to the basket, the less of an issue his handle is going to be.

The first highlight shows what he would do when he learns how to get his footwork down in post-up situations.

All of that being said, it is his defense that has blown me away so far. He is all over the floor. Whether it is racing to the perimeter to close-out on a jumpshot, playing the passing lanes, hedging to disrupt anything that gets inside, swatting away shots with ease and from all angles...

He has the chance to be a genearational defensive wing. I can't even imagine how difficult it is going to be for offenses with he and James on the same floor together.

And, with all of the turnovers he causes, that puts into motion his insane transition game... along with that of Irving, James, Waiters, Bennett...

His shooting percentages have been underwhelming so far, and I couldn't care less. This guy looks awesome.

I'm tired of insecure Bran stans insulting him. Dude will become peak Tmac on offense with peak Pippen's defense in 4-5 seasons. Bran will become his sidekick then.

Ca$H
07-15-2014, 12:51 AM
Who the hell two starred this thread? Bran stans are the most insecure and pathetic people on the planet.

Cocaine80s
07-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Cant wait till Wiggins locks down Durant when the play each other

AKADS
07-15-2014, 04:51 AM
Summer League.

I think Wiggins is a superstar in the making but its one step at a time.

Also his mind set was great before LeBron sign to be All NBA 1st team Defense. Now that goal seems even better for the team

BoutPractice
07-15-2014, 06:17 AM
It's summer league, and it's not like he's getting eye popping stats, but a more open game allows him to showcase the great potential everyone always knew he had. You're talking about a player who was the number 1 prospect in his class for most of the time he's played serious basketball, and was selected number 1 overall in the draft as a one-and-done...

There was a time during his college season where people were describing him as some kind of unskilled athlete who is completely limited in the half court, when in reality he is talented offensive player who combines length with a natural smoothness, and is barely scratching the surface of what he can do as a scorer. The Paul George and TMac comparisons are more appropriate than Gerald Green, Shawn Marion, Kawhi Leonard and Harrison Barnes, to name a few I've heard. He's got the stepback, the spin, the floater, the eurostep, a midrange game, and more importantly just looks fluid and guard-like out there, keeping in mind that he's over 6-8, almost 6-9 in shoes...

His ceiling is frightening: something like a slightly worse scoring, worse passing TMac combined with Pippen defense. If he pans out I can imagine something like 27, 7 and 4 with 1.5 steals and blocks per game, 37-38% 3P shooting, and all-defensive first team at his peak... But nothing is guaranteed with him. He needs to put it all together, stay hungry, stay aggressive.

I actually think he benefits immensely from staying in Cleveland and following the Kobe/Paul George/Pippen curve, learning gradually playing for a winning team, before blossoming as a star in this third year.

Statistically I imagine he could follow a similar early path to TMac assuming he entered the league at 19 instead of 18... Something like 9, 5 and 2 on 42-43% in his rookie season, then 15 and 6, then stardom in year 3.

If he goes to Minnesota he would get better raw stats early, but it would be fool's gold. Cleveland can mold him into a focused professional with championship habits...

Marchesk
07-15-2014, 06:32 AM
If he pans out I can imagine something like 27, 7 and 4 with 1.5 steals and blocks per game

Sounds like the next Dr J :eek:

If he achieves his potential, assuming that's a fairly accurate assesment.

Marchesk
07-15-2014, 06:33 AM
If he goes to Minnesota he would get better raw stats early, but it would be fool's gold. Cleveland can mold him into a focused professional with championship habits...

Gotta know:

If Wiggins does get traded to the Wolves and puts up good numbers his first few seasons, but the Wolves don't get into the playoffs in the stacked West, will his stats be empty?

SpaceJammeR
07-15-2014, 06:39 AM
really like his step back j. and his defensive is looking good.

BoutPractice
07-15-2014, 06:51 AM
Sounds like the next Dr J :eek:

If he achieves his potential, assuming that's a fairly accurate assesment.
Well, those are just made up numbers based on his tools, skillset, and how I think it can actually translate based on players who had similar characteristics in the past... I'd say it's "plausible", it can't possibly be "accurate" at this point.

I do make positive assumptions about his character (which everything depends on, as great players often "grow" into their potential during their careers). Some have criticized his work ethic and desire to dominate, but I think that's overstated.

If he stays in Cleveland, especially, he will be pushed to the max by playing alongside LeBron.

As for lack of desire to dominate, I see it as a myth. He doesn't always showcase his whole talent at this point, isn't aggressive on the offensive end every game, but he seems to have those "back against the wall" moments, much like LeBron...

One day in high school he was criticized by a sports journalist for being lazy... the next day he dropped 57. When he played Jabari Parker, both in college and in summer league, he made sure to outscore him down the stretch... (His first summer league game, he may have tried to show what he was worth because of the eventuality of a Love trade, and so he threw up a lot of shots) And when Embiid went down, he took over and had some spectacular performances, including a 41 point game which as a freshman is always impressive. So I take from these (limited) clues that behind the smiles, there's a beast in him, just waiting to be unleashed.

My first comparison for him, back when he was in high school, was Dr. J, and I still think that would be close to his absolute ceiling in terms of the kind of career he could have. Regardless, there can only be one true Doctor, and that's the absolute best case scenario... Worst case scenario, he goes to Minnesota, doesn't push himself/isn't pushed hard enough, and becomes one of those "what if" enigmas.

As for your tongue-in-cheek question, no, his stats won't be empty, but they'll mean less (so I would imagine it would show in plus/minus?), and he may be a worse player in the long term.

edrick
07-15-2014, 07:22 AM
Never judge a player based on summer league crap.

EllisGW
07-15-2014, 07:34 AM
Never judge a player based on summer league crap.

only dumb-ass people take summer league seriously, which explain this thread.

JtotheIzzo
07-15-2014, 08:16 AM
only dumb-ass people take summer league seriously, which explain this thread.

Summer league is used to see who has translatable skills for the NBA season and to get your rookies and sophomores some touch.

This thread is apt and on point, Wiggins is showing translatable skills and doing sop at a very high level.

Only a moron would dismiss what is happening in Vegas as not being serious. It is an important step in the maturation of young players, look how adrift Anthony Bennett was all last season without it.

DukeDelonte13
07-15-2014, 08:17 AM
his D has been the most impressive thing.

edrick
07-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Summer league is used to see who has translatable skills for the NBA season and to get your rookies and sophomores some touch.

This thread is apt and on point, Wiggins is showing translatable skills and doing sop at a very high level.

Only a moron would dismiss what is happening in Vegas as not being serious. It is an important step in the maturation of young players, look how adrift Anthony Bennett was all last season without it.

And there have been many times where people played well during summer league, but didn't do shit in the NBA.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-15-2014, 09:01 AM
i really hope the cavs hold onto him. i can see them getting rid of him and we'll be talking about "what if" for the next 10 years.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-15-2014, 09:01 AM
his D has been the most impressive thing.
we knew about his d tho.

jzek
07-15-2014, 09:09 AM
better than Wade already at this point in their careers

Jailblazers7
07-15-2014, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I agree that his defense has been the most impressive thing about his game in summer league. The range and length that the Cavs will have on D with Lebron/Wiggins is going to be incredible to watch.

EllisGW
07-15-2014, 10:19 AM

Really?

He was not even best prospect on his team. Transferable skills? Most players on summer league don't even make an nba team. To judge summer league is stupid. I find pure comedy when people talk about summer league haha. These same idiots were talking about bayless when he won mvp.

JtotheIzzo
07-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Really?

He was not even best prospect on his team.

really? How come he went number one then and this best prospect went third? Charity? Or you just don't factor injuries into the equation, you probably still think Bowie >>> Jordan

Transferable skills? Most players on summer league don't even make an nba team.

yes, precisely, so that is why it is important to look at how someone scored, and how they defended, not just if they did or didn't. scoring thirty points in a garbage manner won't get you a roster spot, but scoring and defending with big league moves will.

Its scouting 101.

To judge summer league is stupid. I find pure comedy when people talk about summer league haha. These same idiots were talking about bayless when he won mvp.

so what is the purpose of summer league, is it so falsely secure in their intelligence morons like yourself can sit high atop a fake mount pious and spout nonsense?

JtotheIzzo
07-15-2014, 10:41 AM
And there have been many times where people played well during summer league, but didn't do shit in the NBA.

no doubt, so you need to look beyond the number and production, but how those came to be.

GimmeThat
07-15-2014, 10:45 AM
he's gonna be really good.

I see a little bit of Griffin in him. But he's probably gonna be a bit more explosive with better handles on the perimeter.

probably really close to a franchise player, if your team has multiple young lottery picks or even 2nd rounders.

people are going to think he's better than Love with better ceiling because his playing style involves dribble penetration with contact, where as Love has been about shooting 3s as well as selective post when the position is there.

I certainly don't know about his maturity as well as intelligence
but nothing suggest to me that playing next to Lebron is going to be an advantage or a disadvantage to his career.

veilside23
07-15-2014, 11:01 AM
people can say its summer league but i wonder where are the bashers when drummond steam rolled on everyone and yet people is freaking out because they said that teams that passed up on drummond surely regrets it ...

we know its summer league its the same time when lillard open peoples eyes on what he can do.

Even its just the freaking summer league players wont just become good defensively and completely forgets it going to the nba.

and at this young age . his step back jumper can be his primary weapon already.... his signature go to move ... people are just jealous they werent able to pick wiggins