PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant - 25 Day Stretch in 2007

chopchop20
07-15-2014, 12:55 AM
RT: @ChrisPalmerNBA - Kobe Bryant (25-day stretch in 2007): 65, 60, 53, 50, 50, 50, 50, 48, 46, 43, 39, 34

navy
07-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Sometimes I see these stretches by Kobe and Im baffled by how "low" his end of season averages are.

PsychoWorm
07-15-2014, 12:58 AM
Obviously he was on the decline :roll:

Droid101
07-15-2014, 12:59 AM
Sometimes I see these stretches by Kobe and Im baffled by how "low" his end of season averages are.
He sat out fourth quarters in a lot of blowouts (the other team getting blown out and his team getting blown out as well).

chopchop20
07-15-2014, 12:59 AM
It's funny cuz I was going back and forth with this guy on Twitter who claimed that LeBron has been the best player in the league since 2007, "without question" :oldlol:

Droid101
07-15-2014, 01:01 AM
RT: @ChrisPalmerNBA - Kobe Bryant (25-day stretch in 2007): 65, 60, 53, 50, 50, 50, 50, 48, 46, 43, 39, 34
Also, can you even imagine this happening again today? The internet would flip its shit.

Kobe is one of a kind.

navy
07-15-2014, 01:02 AM
He sat out fourth quarters in a lot of blowouts (the other team getting blown out and his team getting blown out as well).
That might explain it. He would have to have lots of "low" scoring games to balance these out.

chopchop20
07-15-2014, 01:02 AM

Dude has averaged like 28/5/5 over the last 14 seasons (full). How many players got that on their resume?

Plus, nobody has come close to his 35.6 per game average in 2005-06

FrobeShaw
07-15-2014, 01:03 AM
Dude has averaged like 28/5/5 over the last 14 seasons (full). How many players got that on their resume?

Plus, nobody has come close to his 35.6 per game average in 2005-06

Iverson did 33 that same year

chopchop20
07-15-2014, 01:03 AM
Also, can you even imagine this happening again today? The internet would flip its shit.

Kobe is one of a kind.

Yep... imagine if Twitter was as big back then as it is now

Warfan
07-15-2014, 01:05 AM
Was this the year kobe chucked the fukc out of the ball post Allstar break and he averaged like 37 a game after the Allstar break?

kennethgriffin
07-15-2014, 01:06 AM

Anyone who watched kobe every game knows the way he plays during the regular season.

When he averages a certain number. He rarely hits that number.

Kobe was quoted saying he plays the way the defense dictates him to. And scoring a ton took some teams spirits away

So kobe would play teams that loaded up on him. He'd be passive and maybe score 15. Have a few games like that. Then wait till he played a team that matched up with him 1 on 1 single coverage and he'd play catch up on his average

2 games of 15 points meant he needed 60 to even out a 30 point average.

Kobe either passes all game or shoots all game. He rarely if ever wants to do both. Hes also very stubborn.

Most games he does all his damage in the 2nd half. He either sets his team mates the entire quarter. Or takes every single shot. Its just the way he plays.

If he wanted to he could average 40ppg and 1 or 2 assists. for a season easy during his prime. Or he could easly average 15 points and 10 assists

6 for 24
07-15-2014, 01:11 AM
Iverson did 33 that same year

Indeed. Iverson put up a PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)

kennethgriffin
07-15-2014, 01:12 AM
[QUOTE=6 for 24]Indeed. Iverson put up a PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)

SouBeachTalents
07-15-2014, 01:12 AM
Check out this stretch in '03: 40, 38, 42, 35, 46, 42, 51, 44, 40, 52, 40, 40, 41

That was a 26 day stretch, and he shot 49% during that run

http://www.majoronions.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Kobe-SI.jpg

chopchop20
07-15-2014, 01:13 AM
Was this the year kobe chucked the fukc out of the ball post Allstar break and he averaged like 37 a game after the Allstar break?

That narrative is a myth. Players don't just "chuck" their way to big point totals because creating shots in the NBA is a skill. Most guys in the league can't get off 20 shots.

You see it all the time with big scorers coming from college (Adam Morrison, Jimmer) get locked up in the NBA. If it was a mere matter of volume, it would be easy for those guys. But in reality, they lack the ability (quickness, footwork, body control, handles).

I don't think great players get enough credit for the ability to create shots.

gts
07-15-2014, 01:14 AM
have not fact checked this but they guy who tweeted is usually spot on with his numbers so i'm comfortable sharing

He said Kobe was the only player to have had at least one 40 point game against every team in the league

mehyaM24
07-15-2014, 01:17 AM
honestly kobe shot the air out of the ball during that stretch. a lot of 50 point games, sure, but lol at shooting under 50% in 3 of those games.

if kobe would have made more shots than he missed like great players do, then the lakers would have had more success in the playoffs.

6 for 24
07-15-2014, 01:17 AM
That narrative is a myth. Players don't just "chuck" their way to big point totals because creating shots in the NBA is a skill. Most guys in the league can't get off 20 shots.

You see it all the time with big scorers coming from college (Adam Morrison, Jimmer) get locked up in the NBA. If it was a mere matter of volume, it would be easy for those guys. But in reality, they lack the ability (quickness, footwork, body control, handles).

I don't think great players get enough credit for the ability to create shots.

While there is certainly a physical component to elite shot jacking-- namely, the stamina and leg strength to hoist the ball 40-50 times-- you cannot downplay the mental aspect either. Can you imagine how quickly Morrison or Jimmer would get benched if they had the audacity to take some of "threes with a hand in the face" from Kobe's signature collection? Kobe just doesn't give a **** and if the coach dares criticize him, he'll do it five or six more times just to establish the pecking order.

They don't make guys like that anymore.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

chopchop20
07-15-2014, 01:18 AM
[QUOTE=6 for 24]Indeed. Iverson put up a PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)

chopchop20
07-15-2014, 01:20 AM
While there is certainly a physical component to elite shot jacking-- namely, the stamina and leg strength to hoist the ball 40-50 times-- you cannot downplay the mental aspect either. Can you imagine how quickly Morrison or Jimmer would get benched if they had the audacity to take some of "threes with a hand in the face" from Kobe's signature collection? Kobe just doesn't give a **** and if the coach dares criticize him, he'll do it five or six more times just to establish the pecking order.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

If Adam and Jimmer had a 25 day run like that, I don't think the coach would have a problem...

kennethgriffin
07-15-2014, 01:20 AM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

1 green bar ... this is how much people care about your trolling

:lol

dubeta
07-15-2014, 01:21 AM
lost in 1st round dont care

FrobeShaw
07-15-2014, 01:22 AM
1 green bar ... this is how much people care about your trolling

:lol

You spend every day writing paragraphs about the same garbage and most of the time, no one even responds, so what do you do? Make some more. You're probably under the impression that not getting a response means no one can argue, too. Look in the mirror. :lol

mehyaM24
07-15-2014, 01:22 AM
lost in 1st round dont care

exactly. all these scoring feats look nice, but Bottom line is kobe didn't put the ball in the basket when it mattered most. he needed a great big man. I don't understand why he thought he didn't need shaq anymore. Kobe is not very smart.

6 for 24
07-15-2014, 01:23 AM
If Adam and Jimmer had a 25 day run like that, I don't think the coach would have a problem...

But you are missing the point. Those guys would never have the opportunity to have such a run because they would either stop chucking or get put on the bench after one or two "questionable" shots. Kobe is cut from a different cloth, as they say. He doesn't know the meaning of "stop". When someone says "no, don't do that", he just uses that as motivation to keep going. His mental intimidation factor is second to none. Why, some even call him "therapist" because he can get in your head.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Legends66NBA7
07-15-2014, 01:25 AM
Check out this stretch in '03: 40, 38, 42, 35, 46, 42, 51, 44, 40, 52, 40, 40, 41

That was a 26 day stretch, and he shot 49% during that run

http://www.majoronions.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Kobe-SI.jpg

Was going to say the same. Much better run.

chopchop20
07-15-2014, 01:26 AM
But you are missing the point. Those guys would never have the opportunity to have such a run because they would either stop chucking or get put on the bench after one or two "questionable" shots. Kobe is cut from a different cloth, as they say. He doesn't know the meaning of "stop". When someone says "no, don't do that", he just uses that as motivation to keep going. His mental intimidation factor is second to none. Why, some even call him "therapist" because he can get in your head.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

I think most great players feel like they can hit every shot.... Kobe is definitely guilty of that at times. But that's why he's had an all time great career too

chopchop20
07-15-2014, 01:27 AM
Was going to say the same. Much better run.

Yeah... most people forgot this one. Think he averaged 40 points for the entire month.

kennethgriffin
07-15-2014, 01:30 AM
You spend every day writing paragraphs about the same garbage and most of the time, no one even responds, so what do you do? Make some more. You're probably under the impression that not getting a response means no one can argue, too. Look in the mirror. :lol

1 red bar. Slightly more impressive than anotuna mutombo or whatever his name is

RoundMoundOfReb
07-15-2014, 01:31 AM
He played 41 mpg in '07

Legends66NBA7
07-15-2014, 01:33 AM
Yeah... most people forgot this one. Think he averaged 40 points for the entire month.

I remember someone I once knew back in the day had the jersey of every game Kobe had scored all those points. Had the date and everything. One of those rare Mitchell&Ness jerseys. When I saw it was just about 7-8 months after the feat.

I'm in Toronto, so you can imagine it was tough to get a jersey like that just anywhere.

Droid101
07-15-2014, 01:36 AM
He played 41 mpg in '07
You are an annoying Kobe hater.

GimmeThat
07-15-2014, 01:49 AM
they probably weren't well respected by the league as a borderline playoff team.

so intead of seeing defense being tailored against stopping the Lakers
they probably faced a lot of defense where the team ran on its own disregard of opponents.

Kobe probably had seen enough defensive scheme by that point of his career, that picking it apart wasn't too difficult.

that's probably as close to Steve Nash mode Kobe ever got, only being on a pure scoring basis. i.e. trying to deny him the ball as a late game adjustment wasn't going to be enough.

Fawker
07-15-2014, 01:53 AM
put the league on notice. he became a 2 time champ after that so it wasn't for nothing.

chopchop20
07-15-2014, 03:17 AM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

17 year old "Therapist" ---------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE7iCJHscu4

inclinerator
07-15-2014, 03:26 AM
kobe

melo
duant

in terms of offensive firepower

6 for 24
07-15-2014, 04:01 AM
17 year old "Therapist" ---------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE7iCJHscu4

Indeed. And look at the evolution (http://youtu.be/QZbgoC6MiSM) in his game since then!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

RoundMoundOfReb
07-15-2014, 04:05 AM
You are an annoying Kobe hater.
show me one post of me hating on kobe...i just stated a fact...he played 41 mins per game in 07

LeBird
07-15-2014, 04:11 AM
6 for 24 got me rolling. :roll:

sportjames23
07-15-2014, 05:40 AM

sportjames23
07-15-2014, 05:44 AM
1 red bar. Slightly more impressive than anotuna mutombo or whatever his name is

:roll: :roll: :roll:

ImKobe
07-15-2014, 05:56 AM
exactly. all these scoring feats look nice, but Bottom line is kobe didn't put the ball in the basket when it mattered most. he needed a great big man. I don't understand why he thought he didn't need shaq anymore. Kobe is not very smart.

The games weren't even close enough to make a difference, Lakers were blown out in all games but the one they did win in 07, but I'm sure Kobe should have had to average 40/10/10 and Lakers should have won, because putting up 33/5/4 on 46/36/92 shooting just isn't enough, it was all Kobe's fault, right? He should have passed the ball more despite losing by an average of 15 points in that series just was his fault and not because his team played like shit on D

Fact is that the 05-07 Lakers were just nowhere near good enough, Lakers added D-Fish after 07 + Bynum developed further and Lakers were on top of the West in 08, winning 30 of their first 46 games (53 win pace) BEFORE the Pau Gasol trade. Thank god the trade happened because Andrew Bynum had a season-ending injury in January.

You can't blame Kobe for losing in the 1st round in 06 or 07. He did everything he could to put his team in a position to win and it wasn't possible because Suns were the more talented team and the Lakers couldn't stop them on the defensive end, Kobe got his points and on great efficiency, but it wasn't nearly enough to counter what the Suns did.

You do realize that in 07, Kobe averaged 37/6/5 on 48% shooting in the last 3 games of that series, dropping 45 points on 26 shots in the only win of the series? Put 05-07 Kobe on any team with talent during that timespan and they would have been title contenders. He was playing out of his mind, but can you blame him for not being able to drop 50 on good efficiency every single game for an entire season? He was spectacular in 05-06 and 06-07, his team just wasn't Playoff material.

06 Lakers should have won the series, but again the team disappointed when it mattered the most. Game 6 at home, Kobe dropping clutch bucket after clutch bucket in the 4th, Lakers up 3 points with 10 seconds to go, Smush Parker leaves Steve Nash WIDE OPEN at the three point line, Nash misses (chokes), Lakers fail to rebound the ball, Tim ****ing Thomas pump fakes, Kwame ****ing Brown doesn't know how much time there is on the clock and goes for it, gets faked out, Tim Thomas hits the wide open three to get Phoenix into overtime, where Kobe makes 5 out of 7 baskets, and Phoenix drops 21 points on us in 5 ****ing minutes, winning by 8 pts, but it's Kobe's fault.

SexSymbol
07-15-2014, 06:21 AM
If not for an injury, he probably would have two 34-35 ppg seasons in a row

TheMilkyBarKid
07-15-2014, 06:31 AM
Those rep bars don't represent inches on your d!ck, they represent how much time and effort you waste on here trying to get a response out of people you likely will never meet.
Is this really the type of person you want to be?

Imtheman
07-15-2014, 06:38 AM
Not many people remember this..Kobe in a way, is underrated.

Imagine if Durant or Lebron put up the same numbers last season during a 25 game stretch..I'm a Lakers fan..not really into Kobe tho.. But you have to admit this is just stupid good

riseagainst
07-15-2014, 09:59 AM

dubeta
08-09-2014, 12:39 AM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

LMFAO :applause: :bowdown:

eliteballer
08-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Kobe's 07 stats are lower than they should be because he had offseason knee surgery and took him a couple months to get in shape.

Magic 32
08-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Kobe did his best when the Lakers were hit by the injury bug.

But it was a bad team either way. 12-14 record with Kobe putting up 37 ppg.

http://s18.postimg.org/9vv30ibuh/jgdfydc.png

Dragic4Life
08-09-2014, 06:46 AM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
:roll: :roll: :roll: