PDA

View Full Version : How much power does Blatt have to say no to LeBron?

hawkfan
07-15-2014, 11:38 PM
How much power does Blatt have to say no to LeBron?

Dat one year option.

navy
07-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Say no to what?

Meticode
07-15-2014, 11:40 PM
Many Cavaliers fans including me are worried about this. We're worried LeBron will have too much power on choices such has who gets fired and who doesn't, etc. I don't mind LeBron giving his input and such, but I want the organization to let Blatt coach that team.

outbreak
07-15-2014, 11:40 PM
No means no, if Blatt tells Lebron no he has to stop. Athletes get away with sexual assaults far too often.

outbreak
07-15-2014, 11:41 PM
Many Cavaliers fans including me are worried about this. We're worried LeBron will have too much power on choices such has who gets fired and who doesn't, etc. I don't mind LeBron giving his input and such, but I want the organization to let Blatt coach that team.
Do you think Lebron has matured at all and would see that he should leave things to management now?

CavaliersFTW
07-15-2014, 11:41 PM
About the same amount as Kate Faber over Kobe in Colorado.

hawkfan
07-15-2014, 11:42 PM

500 million for LeBron.
0 for Blatt.

2 championships for LeBron.
0 NBA games coached for Blatt.

Dat power.

navy
07-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Do you think Lebron has matured at all and would see that he should leave things to management now?
Cavs management hasnt exactly proven itself....

hawkfan
07-15-2014, 11:43 PM

LeBron has had a 500 million dollars impact on Cleveland and Ohio.
How much economic impact did Faber have over Denver and Colorado?

Meticode
07-15-2014, 11:46 PM
I would hope so. Him and the Heat got their asses whooped by a team that buys into their coach's philosophy. If you're not buying into it, you're not winning anything. That's why the Spurs are so successful over the last decade. Their main players Parker, Manu, Duncan and now Leonard are always coach-able and have been.

Dr.J4ever
07-15-2014, 11:54 PM

You should be worried. This is a potential clash point between the two. Blatt, an unproven coach, vs. Lebron, the best player in the world.

A little similar to Chip Kelly and the Eagles, except that we didn't have a Lebron on the team. Well, we had Mccoy, Vick, Djax, and other veterans. Chip Kelly had to prove his offensive system could work in the NFL.

Players initially had to be skeptical, but Kelly's personality won them over. The question now is: does Blatt have the necessary leadership skills to win over the Cavs and Lebron if they hit a rough patch?

JtotheIzzo
07-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Is Bran known as a disruptive force?

I am of the belief that if Bran flees again in two years it is gonna be a horrible look.

Bless Mathews
07-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Slayed.

Magic731
07-16-2014, 12:04 AM

I am of the belief that if Bran flees again in two years it is gonna be a horrible look.
This. Lebron will not be able to recover from the hit his legacy will take if he is to leave Cleveland again.

KyrieTheFuture
07-16-2014, 12:04 AM
Bro if you've seen Blatt before you know that dude is the force in the locker room. His word is law and he's not gonna take shit. What are they gonna do fire him? Dudes got guaranteed stacks of money and is one of the hottest coaching commodities in the league.

jlip
07-16-2014, 12:10 AM
No means no, if Blatt tells Lebron no he has to stop. Athletes get away with sexual assaults far too often.

:roll:

iamgine
07-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Depends...

Say no to Lebron putting his d!ck in Blatt's ass....plenty of power.

Say no to Lebron naming his third kid Shaniquaqua...no power at all.

GimmeThat
07-16-2014, 03:08 AM
I'd say it depends on the mutual understanding between the two.

If Lebron wanted to get him fired and/or not taking any blame for the teams loss, I don't see it being impossible.

unless the Cavs fan have learned to enjoy professional basketball as part of their passion for basketball, instead of the storyline and whatnot.

These goes that 500 million economy if this happens though.

PAOK
07-16-2014, 03:22 AM
the cavs are clearly Lebron's team... and they will play Lebron-ball...

so blatt will either ride along (kinda like Spoelstra) or will gtfo

chazzy
07-16-2014, 03:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOIxRBjsw0s

inclinerator
07-16-2014, 03:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmlXPip1D1Q

Meticode
07-16-2014, 03:37 AM
the cavs are clearly Lebron's team... and they will play Lebron-ball...

so blatt will either ride along (kinda like Spoelstra) or will gtfo
False.

East_Stone_Ya
07-16-2014, 03:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOIxRBjsw0s

seems like a coach who demands respect from his players

Rose'sACL
07-16-2014, 03:42 AM
Lebron was okay with those idiotic rotations of Spo and said very little. Unless blatt's coaching makes cavs miss top 4 seed, I don't see lebron having problem with him at all.

Sarcastic
07-16-2014, 03:43 AM

What about 1 year?

Yankstar
07-16-2014, 03:43 AM

:applause:

JtotheIzzo
07-16-2014, 04:16 AM

Blatt ass doe...

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/David+Blatt+Olympics+Day+12+Basketball+BGfQxr3H6nG l.jpg

RRR3
07-16-2014, 04:18 AM
^dude in the backgrounds face makes that pic :oldlol:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 04:22 AM
Has 'Bron been a coach killer before? I can't remember..

Sarcastic
07-16-2014, 04:24 AM
Has 'Bron been a coach killer before? I can't remember..

http://guyism.com/wp-content/uploads/Mike-Brown-fired.jpg

SpanishACB
07-16-2014, 04:50 AM
You should be worried. This is a potential clash point between the two. Blatt, an unproven coach, vs. Lebron, the best player in the world.

Blatt is not unproven, he's just not proven in the NBA. But then you go and claim Lebron is the best in the world even though he just performs in the NBA and sometimes not even that.

I think the last time the world had a tournament Durant was the player and Lebron hasn't shown any indication he can be as succesful as him in an international context.

You're right though, they're gonna clash. I don't think Blatt is going to back off. He'll show the finger and leave before doing that.

Dr.J4ever
07-16-2014, 04:56 AM
Blatt is not unproven, he's just not proven in the NBA. But then you go and claim Lebron is the best in the world even though he just performs in the NBA and sometimes not even that.

I think the last time the world had a tournament Durant was the player and Lebron hasn't shown any indication he can be as succesful as him in an international context.

You're right though, they're gonna clash. I don't think Blatt is going to back off. He'll show the finger and leave before doing that.

See, this is where we disagree. In the last US Gold winning Olympic team in 2012, Lebron was clearly the best player for the US, and ergo the best player in the world. Every time the US REALLY needed a basket, Lebron was the US guy. Remember that gamer over Marc Gasol for a 3?

BTW, Blatt himself was quoted as saying Lebron is the best player in the world after he was asked if he's happy that Lebron was coming home.

There's really very little dispute that Lebron is the best in the world. Durant is the closest.

GimmeThat
07-16-2014, 05:20 AM
I mean, this is easily going to be one of those offseason where Lebron works extremely hard and transforms himself into another type of player, right?

lilteapot
07-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Lebron was okay with those idiotic rotations of Spo and said very little. Unless blatt's coaching makes cavs miss top 4 seed, I don't see lebron having problem with him at all.
this, way to manufacture an issue ISH. if lebron was an egomaniac like Jordan or Kobe maybe

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 06:52 AM
Lebron gifted Mike Brown a COTY.

Blatt should just let Bron do his thing.

sportjames23
07-16-2014, 07:00 AM

:lol

OnFire
07-16-2014, 07:45 AM

LeBron will leave all this to management: Mav and Rich.

pegasus
07-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Depends...

Say no to Lebron naming his third kid Shaniquaqua...no power at all.
:roll: :roll:

DukeDelonte13
07-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Blatt consistently overachieved with teams that were less talented then the opposition. He's a brilliant basketball mind and a hard ass.

He earned his place in the NBA by winning and winning in Europe, while Spo got into the league because of his daddy.

Brown and Spo were more passive coaches while Blatt is much more intense.

I honestly don't know. I think Blatt's openness to adapt to his personnel will kind of create a partnership with Lebron. They will help each other.

DukeDelonte13
07-16-2014, 07:55 AM
^dude in the backgrounds face makes that pic :oldlol:

pretty sure that guy in the background is sergey karasev

raprap
07-16-2014, 08:48 AM
I dont think its going to be a problem. Lebron has always been a professional and had never any trouble with coaches.

Real Men Wear Green
07-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Blatt has no authority that James doesn't give him. In reality James may as well have the GM title as they are going to bring in every player he wants from here on out (ex: Mike Miller) and won't let go of any player he likes without permission. But on the plus side James isn't known for trashing coaches and has a high bball IQ so the decisions he'll make for Cleveland should be generally ok.

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Blatt has no authority that James doesn't give him. In reality James may as well have the GM title as they are going to bring in every player he wants from here on out (ex: Mike Miller) and won't let go of any player he likes without permission. But on the plus side James isn't known for trashing coaches and has a high bball IQ so the decisions he'll make for Cleveland should be generally ok.
Then why isn't Love here yet.:banghead: :banghead:

Fiba basketball
07-16-2014, 09:40 AM
I dont think its going to be a problem. Lebron has always been a professional and had never any trouble with coaches.

That's because he was always alowed to do anything on court.

You think Lebron would be happy if he only played around 30 mpg and didn't have the ball in his hands as much as he's used to even if his team was winning ?

IMO Lebron cares about his stats way to much to accept something like that.

Taller than CP3
07-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Lebron should tell Blatt to suck his d just to see if he'd really do it.

Jailblazers7
07-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Lebron is mature enough and smart enough to handle the politics of the situation. Lebron strikes me as more of a collaborator than someone who is going to ego trip and try to dictate team decisions.

Real Men Wear Green
07-16-2014, 10:33 AM
Then why isn't Love here yet.:banghead: :banghead:
Minnie wants Wiggins. I think that if James demanded they deal Wiggins for love it would happen. I don't think he has made that demand. Sitting in front of my computer I can't tell you completely for sure what James is saying about personnel behind the scenes but it's pretty obvious that when the best player in the game can opt out after one year the team is going to do whatever they have to to keep him there. Sans James Cleveland has gone 3 of 4 on #1 draft picks. They stunk and they know that if he leaves they will stink again whereas with him they rule the EC. So I am willing to assume that James will have his way whenever he chooses to exert influence. But he won't exert influence in every situation, he has other things to do than micromanaging the Cavs.

pegasus
07-16-2014, 10:52 AM
One thing is for sure... they'll be playing Lebron-ball. He can't play any other way. As it is, they don't have enough shooters for that to work, especially in the playoffs when their young cats will find their hands shaking.

poido123
07-16-2014, 10:56 AM
This could go really well for Cleveland or pear shaped.

I don't think there is an in-between.

Lebron and Blatt will need to be on same page, I think this is where problems could start. That and Waiters.