PDA

View Full Version : With signings of Tyson Chandler & Chandler Parsons. Are the Mavs title contenders?

1987_Lakers
07-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Chandler
Dirk
Parsons
Ellis
Felton (lol)

Rick Carlisle as coach.

They nearly won 50 games last year with less talent.

Cocaine80s
07-16-2014, 01:46 AM
yes, but they need someone better at pg

Xiao Yao You
07-16-2014, 02:06 AM
no

Dbrog
07-16-2014, 02:11 AM
Harris will probably be starting PG but still they desperately need a real starter here. Not really sure who is available..maybe try to outbid suns on Bledsoe to see how much they want him. Idk if Mavs have the space for something like that though.

Cocaine80s
07-16-2014, 02:13 AM
trade for George Hill

Yankstar
07-16-2014, 02:16 AM
Chandler
Dirk
Parsons
Ellis
Felton (lol)

Rick Carlisle as coach.

Yes. Mavs have always punched above their weight in the playoff. Went to 7 vs the Spurs last year. Even as a lower seed they will be a serious threat in the west and could upset anyone :rockon:

Milbuck
07-16-2014, 02:16 AM
You never know with Carlisle, the guy is a genius. He could very well turn Parsons into a star. It's not like he's that far off anyway, he just had a season putting up 17/6/4/1/1 on 57% TS and he's only 25. Ellis-Parsons-Dirk-Chandler could be a pretty sick group if Chandler can stay healthy and Parsons keeps improving.

I do think losing VC and Matrix will hurt them a bit though, as will getting Felton.

Yankstar
07-16-2014, 02:17 AM
You never know with Carlisle, the guy is a genius. He could very well turn Parsons into a star. It's not like he's that far off anyway, he just had a season putting up 17/6/4/1/1 on 57% TS and he's only 25. Ellis-Parsons-Dirk-Chandler could be a pretty sick group if Chandler can stay healthy and Parsons keeps improving.

I do think losing VC and Matrix will hurt them a bit though, as will getting Felton.

He sure turned Monta around. I remember when people thought he was a chucker like Jennings . I feel sorry for you guys with that backcourt last year :cry:

Sportal
07-16-2014, 02:20 AM
#4 seed.

comerb
07-16-2014, 05:56 AM
Maybe. That's a team that could get hot and beat teams in a series that are better than them. Carlisle will squeeze every ounce of potential out of that roster.

But probably not.

East_Stone_Ya
07-16-2014, 05:57 AM
hell no

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Dirk took a paycut to contend. And yes they are in the title picture.

pastis
07-16-2014, 07:30 AM
no they arent

1. I clearly doubt that dirk will have another very good season. I see him dropping 15-17ppg at max. after all-star break he looked so exhausted. his legs were done during playoffs

2. Chandler was freaking overrated during his chip-season with the mavs. now he is even worse.

they will fight for the 6-8th spot in the west.

StephHamann
07-16-2014, 07:38 AM
4-6 spot in the west (assuming they sign another guard who scores 10 points per game)

dirk will only play like 25-30 minutes per game

SHABBA
07-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Would be amazed if they finish in the top 4-5 in the West unless they get an upgrade at PG.

buddha
07-16-2014, 07:59 AM
He sure turned Monta around. I remember when people thought he was a chucker like Jennings . I feel sorry for you guys with that backcourt last year :cry:

wat

longtime lurker
07-16-2014, 08:00 AM
Not a chance but they have improved.

DirkNowitzki41
07-16-2014, 08:01 AM
dark horse.

offense is amazing.. defense is a huge unknown. got that star power in dirk and monta. parsons could take that leap into stardom.. DPOY in Tyson if hes back to form.

PG and defense is what is holding us back from being legit contenders

realistically i see 6th seed 50+ wins and possibly 2nd round.

kenny817
07-16-2014, 08:02 AM
no they arent

1. I clearly doubt that dirk will have another very good season. I see him dropping 15-17ppg at max. after all-star break he looked so exhausted. his legs were done during playoffs

2. Chandler was freaking overrated during his chip-season with the mavs. now he is even worse.

they will fight for the 6-8th spot in the west.

He was 50/40/90 and like 23 ppg after the all star break

You're an idiot

StephHamann
07-16-2014, 08:05 AM
dark horse.

PG and defense is what is holding us back from being legit contenders

dalembert was one of the worst starting centers in the league, marion was nowhere near as good as he was 2-3 years ago, his defence was mediocre at best.

harris missed 1/2 of the season and larkin and mekel! played like 20 minutes combinded during half the regular season and we still nearly had a 50 win season.

DirkNowitzki41
07-16-2014, 08:07 AM
dalembert was one of the worst starting centers in the league, marion was nowhere near as good as he was 2-3 years ago, his defence was mediocre at best.

harris missed 1/2 of the season and larkin and mekel! played like 20 minutes combinded during half the regular season and we still nearly had a 50 win season.

very true. not to mention all those blown leads that should have been easy wins. and wright was out too for a while

SCdac
07-16-2014, 08:11 AM
When they signed Raymond Felton and Richard Jefferson ... :oldlol:

Spurs got that Dirk stopper also , in Tiago (Spurs didn't double team Dirk). How much do Tyson and Dirk have left in the tank?

Will Monta Ellis have great moments but perpetually show why he's bounced from team to team?

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Like DirkNowitzki41 said, dark horse..

Either a low 7-8 seed, chance of upsetting someone.. slight chance.

If we get a high seed, Dirk probably had another amazing regular season.. But he just looked so exhausted, man... I'm not sure if he can still be the best player on a team that goes to the finals.. Will he still average 20 ppg? Hm..

Chandler last year made 0 difference on the Knicks defensively on/off court wise..

Not sure. West is too stacked. So unfair :cry:

D-Rose
07-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Chandler
Dirk
Parsons
Ellis
Felton (lol)

Rick Carlisle as coach.

I wouldn't go that far yet. We need more guard depth...especially at PG lol.

We've made some incredible value deals so far though, so things are looking up. I think we're at a 4-6 seed right now maximum.

But damn, Harris on that cheap deal and then R-Jeff/Shard on the minimum :applause:

DirkNowitzki41
07-16-2014, 08:27 AM
Like DirkNowitzki41 said, dark horse..

Either a low 7-8 seed, chance of upsetting someone.. slight chance.

If we get a high seed, Dirk probably had another amazing regular season.. But he just looked so exhausted, man... I'm not sure if he can still be the best player on a team that goes to the finals.. Will he still average 20 ppg? Hm..

Chandler last year made 0 difference on the Knicks defensively on/off court wise..

Not sure. West is too stacked. So unfair :cry:

Honestly if we played another team other than the Spurs, I guarantee Dirk looks way better. Spurs deny Dirk every single team.. no other team guards him like that.

That Monta/Dirk/Parsons trio on offense is gonna be unstoppable.

As for Tyson, I'm not counting him out until I see him with Carlisle and Dirk again. He may be rejuvenated.

iamgine
07-16-2014, 08:30 AM
I think they can be considered contender.

They have all the personnel for it. Ultra solid team with little weakness, just like the Spurs. It wasn't a coincidence that they took the Spurs to 7 games last season.

QuebecBaller
07-16-2014, 08:40 AM
Do they have some money left to sign a better PG?

Jameerthefear
07-16-2014, 08:43 AM
need a better PG. Maybe pick up Jameer?

StephHamann
07-16-2014, 08:47 AM
need a better PG. Maybe pick up Jameer?

Will he play for 2,7 Mio?

jzek
07-16-2014, 08:49 AM
Not yet, they need Barea back and everyone else who Cuban let go after they won the title.

iamgine
07-16-2014, 08:53 AM
No they don't need a better PG to be contender. A better PG would just make them a stronger contender.

DirkNowitzki41
07-16-2014, 08:57 AM
We still have our 2.7m room exception. It is most likely going to Mo-Will. But Jameer would be awesome.

Jameerthefear
07-16-2014, 08:59 AM
Will he play for 2,7 Mio?
If he starts, maybe.

dr.hee
07-16-2014, 09:13 AM

Insulting people isn't cool, but...you're a f*cking idiot. If you haven't watched the Mavs at all, just shut up.

Dirk before All-Star break:

21.7/6.1/2.8
49.2 fg%
41.2 3pt%
91 ft%
.601 TS%
.542 eFG%

Dirk after All-Star break:

21.7/6.5/2.5
50.8 fg%
37.6 3pt%
87.6 ft%
.607 TS%
.56 eFG%

And his playoff series wasn't too great, but he had a similar series in 07...was he washed up back then? Also, if you'd actually watch the games you're talking about you'd know that the Spurs' gameplan was designed around doing everything to contain Dirk while living with other players getting open looks. If the Mavs had a proficient multi dimensional PnR player instead of guys only good at one thing (Calderon - shooting, Monta/Harris - driving), this approach wouldn't have worked that well. Dirk is past his prime, true. But the SA series was more a sresult of good matchup/game plan management by Popovich than Dirk being a washed up bum.

Of course you don't know any of that, so why do you even bother posting?

To4
07-16-2014, 10:19 AM
I think they are.. but who is there bench players?? No Marion? No VC anymore..

fragokota
07-16-2014, 10:22 AM
I think they're a better starting pg away from being title contenders.

dr.hee
07-16-2014, 10:36 AM
I think they are.. but who is there bench players?? No Marion? No VC anymore..

They still got the 2.7 mil cap-exception, would be nice to add more backcourt depth. Mo Williams maybe? Besides that, the bench is not too great, but Jefferson, Lewis, Wright, Crowder, Smith, Felton is something I think Carlisle will be able to work with. I mean he took the Spurs to 7 games with some wacky lineups and a team less talented than their current squad. If they can add one more solid guard, they look like a dangerous team.

dirkdiggler41
07-16-2014, 11:00 AM
I hope we can sign Mo Williams. I think he will be a great fit. I also see us getting Boozer of the amnesty. I guess thats why Dirk took a even bigger paycut.

Harris/Felton
Monta/Mo Williams/Ricky Ledo
C.Parsons/Jae Crowder/R.Jefferson
Dirk/Boozer/R.Lewis
T.Chandler/Brandan Wright/Greg Smith

DMAVS41
07-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Contender? Sure, but with so many caveats.

This Mavs team with Parsons and Chandler would have for sure beaten the Spurs in round 1, but I doubt they would have had enough to win 3 more series.

This team could definitely make a run in the playoffs, but it could also not make the playoffs in the impossible West if they have injuries or chemistry issues.

Once again Dirk and Carlisle have to integrate pretty much an all new team on the fly. That is really hard to do.

But yea...don't see why not if they are healthy in the playoffs. You throw in Parsons/Chandler...and potentially Mo Williams or Jameer Nelson on that Mavs team last year while losing nobody of note...we would have made the WCF at least last year.

Put the Mavs in the East and they'd be the favorites to make the finals.

DMAVS41
07-16-2014, 12:10 PM
I hope we can sign Mo Williams. I think he will be a great fit. I also see us getting Boozer of the amnesty. I guess thats why Dirk took a even bigger paycut.

Harris/Felton
Monta/Mo Williams/Ricky Ledo
C.Parsons/Jae Crowder/R.Jefferson
Dirk/Boozer/R.Lewis
T.Chandler/Brandan Wright/Greg Smith

I actually don't think we have the room to get Boozer.

Your scenario would be the dream situation. Add Mo or Jameer Nelson...and then get another backup big to reduce the minutes Dirk has to play. Lewis will help...we just have to hope that Wright and Smith are healthy and good enough to see the court.

It's not just minutes played...it's about getting easy wins. It's not just that the Spurs manage the minutes of Duncan, for example, it's that they get a ton of easy wins with their near 8ppg differential. Unfortunately, I don't see this Mavs team having the continuity from the jump to have something similar. Last year we had a 2.4 ppg differential. That just isn't good enough.

If we can get that over 5.5 this year...then we'd have a legit shot at the title and we'd have far fresher legs avoiding tons of close games.

DMAVS41
07-16-2014, 12:17 PM
When they signed Raymond Felton and Richard Jefferson ... :oldlol:

Spurs got that Dirk stopper also , in Tiago (Spurs didn't double team Dirk). How much do Tyson and Dirk have left in the tank?

Will Monta Ellis have great moments but perpetually show why he's bounced from team to team?

With Parsons now...there is no way the Spurs of last year could have defended the Mavs like they did. If they stayed home on Dirk on the pick and roll pretty much every single time...Parsons would have killed them on corner threes in a way nobody on the Mavs could have last year.

Also, they could run action without Dirk...which wasn't an option last year. They could ran Tyson pick and rolls with Harris/Ellis/Parsons as well...and could run Ellis/Parsons action as well.

Splitter can absolutely defend Dirk as well as anyone in the post...Diaw is really good as well, but this Mavs team is trying to go away from that action unless it's a good matchup. We hopefully won't be force feeding Dirk 18 feet from the basket and asking him to go 1 on 1 against one of the best post defenders in the league. That's just bad strategy and asking too much of an old Dirk.

But you put Dirk more at the 3 point line and let him feast off of weak side action that hopefully Ells, Parsons, and Chandler can force the defense to collapse...and you might have an offense that is impossible to stop.

But it's not going to be easy. Parsons is going to have to develop his playmaking skills and definitely has to improve his ability to finish at the rim and get to the ft line more. He clearly doesn't like to draw fouls enough. Ellis has to really improve his midrange jump shot as well. Hopefully he's been working on that all summer.

All and all we are definitely way better than last year if healthy. That isn't in dispute. I just worry we aren't quite deep enough and will be relying too much on Ellis and Dirk yet again come playoff time.

Now, if we add Mo Williams or Jameer...this could get really exciting for 55 to 60 wins in the regular season.

The Mavs still only have 1 guy that can create for himself consistently at guard. Dirk obviously can manufacture points out of the post, but Ellis is our only guard that can really do anything of note by himself. This is why I liked the idea of getting Thomas so much. We so badly needed last year...and will probably need this year...another guy that can just make shit happen. Thomas would have been perfect. You give this team Thomas and Ariza...and then fill out this roster like we have...it's better than it is now unless Parsons really does turn into a star (we'll see on that).

Thomas/Harris/Mekel
Ellis/Felton/Ledo
Ariza/Jefferson/Crowder
Dirk/Lewis/Wright
Chandler/Smith

I like that team better. It would honestly go like a legit 12 or 13 deep with real NBA players that can contribute. And we could have done all that with just our cap space...we'd still have our 2.7 million exception left. We could go out and get another contributing big likely with that.

aboss4real24
07-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Got 1 of the worst centers in the league in the worst PG

There going no where

dunksby
07-16-2014, 12:25 PM
They only need to make the playoffs, the nature of their team (coaching and overall warrior attitude) makes them a very good postseason team.

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2014, 12:34 PM
They only need to make the playoffs, the nature of their team (coaching and overall warrior attitude) makes them a very good postseason team.

:bowdown:

DMAVS41
07-16-2014, 12:36 PM

I agree, with the caveat that if it takes the last 6 weeks of treating every game like it's a playoff game again...that we will likely wear down and won't be able to make a long run once the playoffs arrive.

So I agree if we can get a 6 seed or higher and are locked into the playoffs for sure entering the final couple weeks or something. But if it's down to the wire again...I don't like our chances at all.

TrueRob
07-16-2014, 12:38 PM
On paper, they look like contenders to me. I'm looking forward to seeing them play.

SCdac
07-16-2014, 12:42 PM
With Parsons now...there is no way the Spurs of last year could have defended the Mavs like they did. If they stayed home on Dirk on the pick and roll pretty much every single time...Parsons would have killed them on corner threes in a way nobody on the Mavs could have last year.

Also, they could run action without Dirk...which wasn't an option last year. They could ran Tyson pick and rolls with Harris/Ellis/Parsons as well...and could run Ellis/Parsons action as well.

Splitter can absolutely defend Dirk as well as anyone in the post...Diaw is really good as well, but this Mavs team is trying to go away from that action unless it's a good matchup. We hopefully won't be force feeding Dirk 18 feet from the basket and asking him to go 1 on 1 against one of the best post defenders in the league. That's just bad strategy and asking too much of an old Dirk.

But you put Dirk more at the 3 point line and let him feast off of weak side action that hopefully Ells, Parsons, and Chandler can force the defense to collapse...and you might have an offense that is impossible to stop.

But it's not going to be easy. Parsons is going to have to develop his playmaking skills and definitely has to improve his ability to finish at the rim and get to the ft line more. He clearly doesn't like to draw fouls enough. Ellis has to really improve his midrange jump shot as well. Hopefully he's been working on that all summer.

All and all we are definitely way better than last year if healthy. That isn't in dispute. I just worry we aren't quite deep enough and will be relying too much on Ellis and Dirk yet again come playoff time.

Now, if we add Mo Williams or Jameer...this could get really exciting for 55 to 60 wins in the regular season.

The Mavs still only have 1 guy that can create for himself consistently at guard. Dirk obviously can manufacture points out of the post, but Ellis is our only guard that can really do anything of note by himself. This is why I liked the idea of getting Thomas so much. We so badly needed last year...and will probably need this year...another guy that can just make shit happen. Thomas would have been perfect. You give this team Thomas and Ariza...and then fill out this roster like we have...it's better than it is now unless Parsons really does turn into a star (we'll see on that).

Thomas/Harris/Mekel
Ellis/Felton/Ledo
Ariza/Jefferson/Crowder
Dirk/Lewis/Wright
Chandler/Smith

I like that team better. It would honestly go like a legit 12 or 13 deep with real NBA players that can contribute. And we could have done all that with just our cap space...we'd still have our 2.7 million exception left. We could go out and get another contributing big likely with that.

Eh... Agree to disagree on alot of that essay.

Dirk is 36, Tyson is soon to be 32. Parsons is overrated. Mo Williams flamed out in the playoffs/got injured, Felton is going to suck like always. Ellis is great but generally low bb IQ.

Losing clutch Vince Carter was big too, he saved the Mavs from going down earlier and actually has come cojones. RJ and Rashard on running on fumes nowadays.

Want to have Dirk camp out on the 3 point line instead of being a midrange killer and focal point? whatever. Goodluck with that.

For the Mavs, like any team really, it'll ultimately be all about defense, not offense. Agreed?

I agree they got better from being an ~8th seed, but as a Spurs fan I love seeing that they picked up Felton, RJ, and Rashard as glue guys/role players.

dunksby
07-16-2014, 12:43 PM
I agree, with the caveat that if it takes the last 6 weeks of treating every game like it's a playoff game again...that we will likely wear down and won't be able to make a long run once the playoffs arrive.

So I agree if we can get a 6 seed or higher and are locked into the playoffs for sure entering the final couple weeks or something. But if it's down to the wire again...I don't like our chances at all.
I'm assuming they won't need to as they have improved by a good margin.

DMAVS41
07-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Eh... Agree to disagree on alot of that essay.

Dirk is 36, Tyson is soon to be 32. Parsons is overrated. Mo Williams flamed out in the playoffs/got injured, Felton is going to suck like always. Ellis is great but generally low bb IQ.

Losing clutch Vince Carter was big too, he saved the Mavs from going down earlier and actually has come cojones. RJ and Rashard on running on fumes nowadays.

Want to have Dirk camp out on the 3 point line instead of being a midrange killer and focal point? whatever. Goodluck with that.

For the Mavs, like any team really, it'll ultimately be all about defense, not offense. Agreed?

I agree they got better from being an ~8th seed, but as a Spurs fan I love seeing that they picked up Felton, RJ, and Rashard as glue guys/role players.

Well, if you agree we got better. Not sure how you can disagree with a lot of it.

That is the point. We won't be asking as much from Dirk at his age. Like you guys did with Duncan. If you guys asked Duncan to do as much as Dirk and be the focal point of the offense...it wouldn't work. This move allows us to move away from relying so much on a 36 year old...and we both agree that heavily relying on a player over 35 is a mistake I would assume.

We won't be favorites. The defense will still be a problem. We still won't have anyone creating much other than Ellis...but we did get better. Tyson is way better than Dalembert on both ends (can actually catch and finish) and Parsons will add a dimension to the offense we haven't had at that position.

Like I said before...you put this current Mavs team against the Spurs last year...and I'm taking the Mavs actually. Just a crappy matchup for you guys. But I also don't think this Mavs team could have won 4 series in a row though.

But this is a dangerous team in the playoffs if healthy...I don't know how you could dispute that.

And meh....Mo as a backup guard and Felton playing the Barea role is actually great. The problem would be playing Felton 25 plus minutes a game. If that happens...I agree with you. But if we start Harris and Mo backs him up...and then Felton comes in for Ellis or a spark plug...that is not only fine but good. That depth will be nice to have.

I love Vince, but Parsons is a way better player...way better.

But having said all that...like I said above. This is not what I would have done. I would not have gotten Parsons. I would have went after Thomas and Ariza...then filled out the roster. That team makes us the best imo.

VIntageNOvel
07-16-2014, 01:11 PM
dmavs, hypothetically would it be better for dallas to trade for lin (you guys also get 1st round pick)

hes way better than felton, decent defender, good pnr player

DMAVS41
07-16-2014, 01:13 PM
dmavs, hypothetically would it be better for dallas to trade for lin (you guys also get 1st round pick)

hes way better than felton, decent defender, good pnr player

Well, I'd rather have Lin than Felton of course, but I don't see any realistic trade.

The Lakers would never give up Lin and a first round pick for anything we have.

I'm just holding out hope we get Mo or Jameer...and play Felton in the Barea role in terms of minutes (like 15 to 20 a night as a heater off the bench).

VIntageNOvel
07-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Well, I'd rather have Lin than Felton of course, but I don't see any realistic trade.

The Lakers would never give up Lin and a first round pick for anything we have.

I'm just holding out hope we get Mo or Jameer...and play Felton in the Barea role in terms of minutes (like 15 to 20 a night as a heater off the bench).

no i mean, if cuban already planned to sign parson long before, he should've snacthed his bromance lin also, while getting 1st round pick in the process

lakerfreak
07-16-2014, 01:27 PM
I don't like Felton in that mix. I would predict that he would bring them down, but these guys can all score, and Tyson can lock down the low post.

If they develop chemistry on the offensive end and they all capitalize on their equal opportunities, while finding a way to lure the opposition into a trap with Chandler locking it down, this could be potentially one of the most dangerous teams to play against. You know what you're getting with Dirk, and I would predict that Chandler Parsons will either be just as good, if not better than last season, combined with Monta Ellis being a very good scorer, and Felton being a guard that can fit, this team is not at all a bad team.

Who do they have off the bench?

DMAVS41
07-16-2014, 01:28 PM
no i mean, if cuban already planned to sign parson long before, he should've snacthed his bromance lin also, while getting 1st round pick in the process

oh...you are saying trade Wright and Felton for Lin and the pick?

Ugh...I'm not sure I do that honestly. I think we are going to heavily rely on Wright unfortunately again this year. Smith isn't reliable and without Wright we have no other bigs.

I'm also not ready to just assume Felton is going to be terrible. I think he could be a nice asset for us as our 4th guard.

The pick doesn't mean much to me either.

DMAVS41
07-16-2014, 01:30 PM
I don't like Felton in that mix. I would predict that he would bring them down, but these guys can all score, and Tyson can lock down the low post.

If they develop chemistry on the offensive end and they all capitalize on their equal opportunities, while finding a way to lure the opposition into a trap with Chandler locking it down, this could be potentially one of the most dangerous teams to play against. You know what you're getting with Dirk, and I would predict that Chandler Parsons will either be just as good, if not better than last season, combined with Monta Ellis being a very good scorer, and Felton being a guard that can fit, this team is not at all a bad team.

Who do they have off the bench?

Here is our current team...I agree with you about Felton. This is why all Mavs fans are hoping/praying for another guard signing.

As of now;

Harris/Felton/Mekel
Ellis/Ledo
Parsons/Jefferson/Crowder
Dirk/Wright/Lewis
Chandler/Smith

The hope is to add Mo or Jameer as the 6th man/backup guard role and play Felton 15 or so minutes a game. That changes a lot in my opinion.

lakerfreak
07-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Here is our current team...I agree with you about Felton. This is why all Mavs fans are hoping/praying for another guard signing.

As of now;

Harris/Felton/Mekel
Ellis/Ledo
Parsons/Jefferson/Crowder
Dirk/Wright/Lewis
Chandler/Smith

The hope is to add Mo or Jameer as the 6th man/backup guard role and play Felton 15 or so minutes a game. That changes a lot in my opinion.

Im surprised you have Crowder as the third string 3. I thought by now he would have been a better option over Jefferson. Jefferson at this point is a solid role player, a good one to bring off the bench certainly.

I would like Mo in that situation but my only concern would be his ability to score possibly interfering with Ellis' shoot first mentality. But with Carlisle, he can make anything happen.

DMAVS41
07-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Im surprised you have Crowder as the third string 3. I thought by now he would have been a better option over Jefferson. Jefferson at this point is a solid role player, a good one to bring off the bench certainly.

I would like Mo in that situation but my only concern would be his ability to score possibly interfering with Ellis' shoot first mentality. But with Carlisle, he can make anything happen.

I was just listing players. I have no idea there...I think they will play about the same minutes and it will be dependent on the matchup.

We just need another guard shooter. Harris can't really scare teams enough at the 3 point line. So it would be really nice to have another guard out there that could knock down 3's. Mo and Jameer would fit in perfectly for that.

We would honestly just stick them in the corner to space the floor...but it would be nice to have their ability to make some things happen as well. Both Mo and Jameer can manufacture action when need be in spots.

I think adding that other guard is crucial...if we don't...we are ****ed in my opinion.

Although we could still go big, but it's not ideal. I do like the flexibility we have now though with so many forwards.

We could definitely go with a big lineup of;

Ellis/Parsons/Lewis or Jefferson/Dirk/Chandler at times.

I'd just really like to see that flexibility to go with 2 guards as well. Right now I don't love Harris/Ellis/Parson/Dirk/Chandler to end games.

DMV2
07-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Great high power offense but I don't know think their defense is good enough to become title contenders.

They can upset a HCA team in the 1st Round, may win their 2nd Round match up but won't win the WCF if they somehow make it there.

DMAVS41
07-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Great high power offense but I don't know think their defense is good enough to become title contenders.

They can upset a HCA team in the 1st Round, may win their 2nd Round match up but won't win the WCF if they somehow make it there.

Yep. I don't see how we win 4 series in a row...especially given how tough the West is.

Shame we aren't in the East. A title would be a real possibility.

ihatetimthomas
07-16-2014, 03:52 PM
I think they can be a dark horse contender like Memphis has been. The Spurs probably had their most difficult series against them. Defensively, they should get a little better with Tyson although he is not what he once was. But he has proven to be a grea big man to play along Dirk. Pg is the main issue. People hated on Calderon and his d but he can run a offense, plays extremely efficient and has a automatic 3 point jumper. He is going to be missed more than people think, esp w Felton in the mix. His game didn't mesh as well with Ellis but he is a smart player.

navy
07-16-2014, 03:53 PM
No.

DMAVS41
07-16-2014, 04:05 PM
I think they can be a dark horse contender like Memphis has been. The Spurs probably had their most difficult series against them. Defensively, they should get a little better with Tyson although he is not what he once was. But he has proven to be a grea big man to play along Dirk. Pg is the main issue. People hated on Calderon and his d but he can run a offense, plays extremely efficient and has a automatic 3 point jumper. He is going to be missed more than people think, esp w Felton in the mix. His game didn't mesh as well with Ellis but he is a smart player.

We will miss Calderon if we can't get another guard in the mix. If we get Mo or Jameer in the mix...we won't miss him much at all.

This is key for us...I don't like that we went after Mike Miller without our exception...that makes me think Cuban/Nellie think we are good at guard. I could not disagree more.

Really hope we find a way to add another guy there....would be a huge mistake not to.

ihatetimthomas
07-16-2014, 11:31 PM
We will miss Calderon if we can't get another guard in the mix. If we get Mo or Jameer in the mix...we won't miss him much at all.

This is key for us...I don't like that we went after Mike Miller without our exception...that makes me think Cuban/Nellie think we are good at guard. I could not disagree more.

Really hope we find a way to add another guy there....would be a huge mistake not to.

Jameer would be great. He has kind if fallen off the last couple years but he is still capable of starting and is steady. Probably the best possible guy they can afford right now.