PDA

View Full Version : Pippen: International/Euroleague players simpler, U.S. players more athletic

CavaliersFTW
07-16-2014, 02:26 AM
http://exnba.com/articles-news/pippen-international-players-more-simple-u-s-players-more-athletic/

"I think international players are much more simple basketball players, whereas American players, we are more athletic basketball players."

Weird, I thought Euroleague players were quicker and more athletic than NBA players COMBINED?

Also, good to see 50 year old Pippen still able to play against European pro's over there long after that ship sailed as far as the U.S. is concerned. Hopefully he went easy on them.

9erempiree
07-16-2014, 02:28 AM
:biggums:

The hell you believe they were better than American players?

You didn't need to hear it from Pippen.

CavaliersFTW
07-16-2014, 02:30 AM
:biggums:

The hell you believe they were better than American players?

You didn't need to hear it from Pippen.
racism. reported to abuse. :no:

inclinerator
07-16-2014, 02:31 AM
there's always exceptions,
vspan is not only more athletic than any nba player in history
but more skilled

CavaliersFTW
07-16-2014, 02:34 AM
there's always exceptions,
vspan is not only more athletic than any nba player in history
but more skilled
if only van gundy hadn't forced him to play terrible. we got robbed of the best player on the planets prime.

deja vu
07-16-2014, 03:59 AM
Vspan had the potential to be the GOAT. He was supposed to be Jordan and Nash combined. Too bad that racist JVG ruined his career. :lol

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 04:04 AM
False..Vspan is more athletic that Rose and Westbrook combined

East_Stone_Ya
07-16-2014, 04:13 AM
bait for Euroleague?

SyRyanYang
07-16-2014, 04:25 AM
OP's logic: Everything Scottie Pippen says is true

Not surprising that he also believes Wilt slept with 20,000 women and killed a mountain lion with barehands

SpanishACB
07-16-2014, 04:38 AM
http://exnba.com/articles-news/pippen-international-players-more-simple-u-s-players-more-athletic/

"I think international players are much more simple basketball players, whereas American players, we are more athletic basketball players."

Poor Pippen, felt obliged to answer a question he clearly has no idea about.

I'm not going to bait into your clear agenda towards Euroleague, but if anything, Euro ball is much more complex because every possesion involves a play or two, and none of them is "ISO".

There are even off the balls screens to get players in a good position to pass the ball.

GimmeThat
07-16-2014, 04:38 AM
in the medals round, most likely.

they'll still see teams that tries to play on athleticism in group play

Dr.J4ever
07-16-2014, 04:50 AM

I'm not going to bait into your clear agenda towards Euroleague, but if anything, Euro ball is much more complex because every possesion involves a play or two, and none of them is "ISO".

There are even off the balls screens to get players in a good position to pass the ball.

In fairness, this is absolutely true. And the Spurs used Euro style ball to win the NBA World Championship just a month ago.:applause:

But to answer the OP, no, Euro players are far more athletic and better in basketball than Americans. This is a fact, and if you don't believe this, you're IQ is below 65.:lol

Maga_1
07-16-2014, 01:07 PM
This threads are getting boring. :rolleyes:

Oly BC
07-16-2014, 02:46 PM

Weird, I thought Euroleague players were quicker and more athletic than NBA players COMBINED?

Also, good to see 50 year old Pippen still able to play against European pro's over there long after that ship sailed as far as the U.S. is concerned. Hopefully he went easy on them.
I don't want to sound mean but Pippen probably doesn't understand the meaning of the world "simple".

Not his problem though, still made a fortune playing tough defence!

Oly BC
07-16-2014, 02:49 PM

Eye openers: Some commenters on youtube who doubted the Cavs could master maccabi's plays :lol and "coach nick" agreeing and saying it could take a while:roll:

and also Messina, a joke of a coach, who got sacked by cska and then gets hired by the spurs and is groomed as the possible next head coach with Pop himself saying "he does some things better than us". Messina!:oldlol:

It really makes me think that the Spurs looked so good only because they were playing against basically u20 teams, at least in terms of bb iq.

K Xerxes
07-16-2014, 03:01 PM
if only van gundy hadn't forced him to play terrible. we got robbed of the best player on the planets prime.

You seem to have become obsessed with Euroleague. I can understand a stark inferiority complex associated with someone as successful as Chamberlain, but why Euroleague? You need therapy dude, recognise your own self worth and achieve something in life for yourself.

Maga_1
07-16-2014, 07:30 PM
You seem to have become obsessed with Euroleague. I can understand a stark inferiority complex associated with someone as successful as Chamberlain, but why Euroleague? You need therapy dude, recognise your own self worth and achieve something in life for yourself.

It's cool to pick on Euroleague, so he tries that constantly.