PDA

View Full Version : Lance Is The Enemy Now.....

Dro
07-16-2014, 10:25 AM
I thought you loved Indiana. Thats all you've been saying for the past few weeks. You've been attending fundraisers and charity function here for the past few weeks. On the news talking about how you love the city and how much you love Bird. Well you bolted to a team that is worse than the one you left for almost the same amount of money....So you obviously cared more about getting paid than you do about winning.

I am a fan of the team first. I supported you as much as anyone. I understand that you may not have gotten along with some of your teammates(Hibbert, Hill). I understand you want to play a faster pace. I agree with you. I also think you might want to be the man which you knew wouldn't happen with Paul George here but it won't happen in Charlotte either because they have one of the best centers in the league in Al Jefferson and they have Kimba Walker also. You are the 3rd best player on that team when you were the 2nd best player on Indiana....

I also understand you wanted to play for MJ but there's not much difference in playing for Bird or playing for MJ. Either way you're playing for arguably a top 5 player of all time, and neither will put up some of your antics.

Will miss your exciting brand of ball but you are the enemy now. Good luck in all your future endeavors......

Peace bro:facepalm

East_Stone_Ya
07-16-2014, 10:27 AM
money changes everything..even loyalty

Bandito
07-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Stans are so crazy. Why do you blame athletes for choosing money over an organization? I dont blame then for doing that. I will do the same exact thing.

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 10:30 AM
It's business, nothing personal to Indy.

Dro
07-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Stans are so crazy. Why do you blame athletes for choosing money over an organization? I dont blame then for doing that. I will do the same exact thing.
You would have a point if he was making a ton more money but he signed for practically the same amount even though he was initially asking for over $10 million. If he were offered over 10 million, I might take it to if I were him....

Also, how am I a stan when I just said I'm a fan of the TEAM over the PLAYER? Stans are crazy fans of players, not teams.....

Wavves
07-16-2014, 10:37 AM
He probably does love the city. He probably does love Larry Bird (as he should). He probably does love winning as well.

Indiana was a ****ing mess last season. An extremely talented team with a great coach and people in the front office and they were a mess. Charlotte on the other hand is a talented team and fast improving team.

You mentioned how he must prefer money over winning, so why did he take less on less years to go to another team? Because the team he is currently on is a mess. That is why.

poido123
07-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Cheer up bro, your management knows how to build a contending team, just haven't had much luck.

:cheers:

atljonesbro
07-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Can't be mad he left, people leave all the time. And Indy was a damn side show last year (even though he was part of the reason). Get a nice fresh start in Charlotte and some cash

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Dro he just wants to be the man on his team plus fresh start.He would always be #2 on pacers plus has a ceiling on the pacers he will only have the ball so much with a better perimeter player on his team.On the bobcats i think kemba will play more like a normal pg with lance on the team and he will have more freedom on this team.

Jlamb47
07-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Lance made the right choice for himself
hes not Lebron

hawksdogsbraves
07-16-2014, 10:57 AM
I told you he was an asshole Dro, I told you to stay away. And now he's gone and broken your heart :cry:

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Lance made the right choice for himself
hes not Lebron
What is that suppose to mean?

Purch
07-16-2014, 11:04 AM
If you just found out that the one team Thats stopped you from reaching the finals 3 years in a row lost its best player, wouldn't you throw the wallet at your core players to take advantage of the opportunity ?

Bandito
07-16-2014, 11:14 AM
You would have a point if he was making a ton more money but he signed for practically the same amount even though he was initially asking for over $10 million. If he were offered over 10 million, I might take it to if I were him....

Also, how am I a stan when I just said I'm a fan of the TEAM over the PLAYER? Stans are crazy fans of players, not teams.....
If he wanted to leave for any reason is his choice. Maybe he didnt like the way he was treated or maybe he just wanted a new place to live. Point is he left get over it. Is not like he was that important part of the cog anyways. You wanna talk crap about someone? What aabout that scrub George?

hawksdogsbraves
07-16-2014, 11:43 AM
If he wanted to leave for any reason is his choice. Maybe he didnt like the way he was treated or maybe he just wanted a new place to live. Point is he left get over it. Is not like he was that important part of the cog anyways. You wanna talk crap about someone? What aabout that scrub George?

:biggums:

ItsMillerTime
07-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Man this one stings. Lance wouldn't have even been drafted without Larry Bird, he would have been passed up and played in the D League a couple years without Bird. Then you go and do something like this, for around the same amount the Pacers offered? Unforgivable.

Will boo him the next time Charlotte comes to town.

/salty as ****/

Droid101
07-16-2014, 11:44 AM
No photoshop of Lance blowing on a Pacers logo or Larry Bird yet?

ISH I am disappoint.

Kingwillball
07-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Pacers definitely taking a step back have seen no additions of difference plus loss of Lance. Hornets look to be a Playoff Contender again. East seems to be much better than last season at least deeper as probably 10 teams fighting for 8 spots.

HurricaneKid
07-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Man this one stings. Lance wouldn't have even been drafted without Larry Bird, he would have been passed up and played in the D League a couple years without Bird. Then you go and do something like this, for around the same amount the Pacers offered? Unforgivable.

/salty as ****/

Wait. Wat?

So a guy you were whining about not making the All-Star team would be out of the league if it wasn't for your fine organization?

This is the guy you swore should be on All-Star team but you won't pay him more than Marvin Williams money? And are made he is leaving?

Seriously, GTFO.

ProfessorMurder
07-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Lance was getting shit on BY EVERYBODY on the team and in the media last year. He can leave if he wants.

Charlotte just got better, Pacers just got significantly worse.

07-16-2014, 12:58 PM
It's only business if it's the owners or coaches who cut or bench players. But when players want greener pastures, they are traitors.

DMV2
07-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Lance was the only one who showed up against LeBron and the Heat, yet got blamed for everything.

Indy didn't deserve a real G like Lance to be honest.

crisoner
07-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Born Ready!!!

Bless Mathews
07-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Lance was getting shit on BY EVERYBODY on the team and in the media last year. He can leave if he wants.

Charlotte just got better, Pacers just got significantly worse.
Word.

OBVIOUSLY he wanted to leave.

Pretty much same amount of money.

Basketball players are humans too. Muufuccas treat you wrong, why not move on??? Fucc Indiana.

CLTHornets4eva
07-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Dro he just wants to be the man on his team plus fresh start.He would always be #2 on pacers plus has a ceiling on the pacers he will only have the ball so much with a better perimeter player on his team.On the bobcats i think kemba will play more like a normal pg with lance on the team and he will have more freedom on this team.

HORNETS! Come on bro! :facepalm

He is able to cash in at 25 years old instead of 28 years old. That is some serious flexibility for him and Charlotte. Its a good bet on his own future if he can grow up.

Great work Cho and MJ. :applause: :cheers:

ItsMillerTime
07-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Wait. Wat?

So a guy you were whining about not making the All-Star team would be out of the league if it wasn't for your fine organization?

This is the guy you swore should be on All-Star team but you won't pay him more than Marvin Williams money? And are made he is leaving?

Seriously, GTFO.

I'm saying if Bird didn't draft him, there's a very good chance he didn't get drafted at all and would have spent years bouncing around in the D League or European leagues before he got a shot at the NBA. He sat the bench his entire rookie year learning the ins and outs from one of the greatest basketball players ever. He didn't come into the NBA an All-Star, far from it. He came into the NBA with a battery charge on his girlfriend, Pacers took a gamble on him and it paid off.

Think it's kinda dirty to bail on the organization that made you, for the same/less amount of money than what they offered. I'd understand if CHA was paying him BIG time but that's not the case.

OnFire
07-16-2014, 03:10 PM
OP should worry about where OP works and let Lance worry about where Lance works.

Keno
07-16-2014, 03:40 PM
happy this cocky ****** went to the west. straight up bum.

royalbluecosby
07-16-2014, 03:45 PM

The Hornets are in the eastern conference

UK2K
07-16-2014, 04:17 PM
He wanted a shorter deal and Larry wouldn't give it to him.

That... And that the Pacers FO made him look like a psycho in the playoffs probably had a lot to do with it.

Dude is a baller, he's a great fit in Charlotte

UK2K
07-16-2014, 04:19 PM
:biggums:

Crown&Coke
07-16-2014, 04:22 PM
The Hornets are in the eastern conference

:roll:

From my reading the "sources" seems he wanted a shorter deal to try and capitalize on the potential new CBA in a few years. Indy wanted to lock him in to try and figure out the pieces around the team for the next 5 year period.

I wonder if Indy went to 3 years at relatively equal money if he would have stayed.

Indy lost a big piece. He handled the ball a lot for them.

Dro
07-16-2014, 04:25 PM
I told you he was an asshole Dro, I told you to stay away. And now he's gone and broken your heart :cry:
I know right......I agree with you guys though. He just wanted a fresh start probably and his relationship with some of his teammates was probably damaged beyond repair. There's probably some things that happened in the locker room that we've never heard about. I can't blame him for that. I just like him so much as a player and I do think he will become at least an all-star if not a star. He has to mature though.

Levity
07-16-2014, 04:26 PM
good move for lance.

in CHA, he'll still be asked to be a playmaker, but at least he can share those duties with kemba or play off of Al in the post.

Indy was asking too much of lance on the offensive end. hes not a natural play maker, but they were using him as one because of the lack of an offensive scheme or true PG.

Indy, im scared for you guys! Vogel needs to develop an offensive plan for next season, or find a PG. (call up LA, maybe we can work something out for mashall :lol )

BasedTom
07-16-2014, 04:30 PM
It happens.

Oh and after the struggles last season, somebody was bound to leave. For the long term, I think this might turn out better for the Pacers than just hoping that Hibbert-George-Stephenson would somehow turn around the drama and would go back to playing as well as they did earlier on in the year.

Relinquish
07-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Terrible move for Charlotte. PJ Hairston is already better than Lance Stephenson. :facepalm

Dro
07-16-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure where you're seeing that I'm talking crap about him or that I'm that so upset that I have to "get over it". In fact, I am over it, thats why my post was pretty lighthearted. I'm not cursing him out or anything and I do understand that he probably wants a fresh start because of all the chemistry issues last year.

Also, Lance would still be sitting on the bench if it were not for Larry (probably). He wasn't getting any playing time otherwise under Vogel or Obrien..I can't even remember if Obrien was here when Lance first got here.....I just thought he would be more loyal to the guy that is the reason you even have a shot at free agency in the first place, Larry Bird. That's more where I'm coming from. I'm not upset at all if the relationships got so bad that he felt he needed a new start...

Dro
07-16-2014, 05:17 PM

/salty as ****/
This is pretty much my point.....Larry drafted him in the 2nd round. Nobody else was going to draft Lance with all his character issues. Would anyone deny that?

Legends66NBA7
07-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Too bad. Wanted to face Indiana with Stephenson and the rest of their core. Were basically similar teams in how we were built.

I guess getting Rodney Stuckey as a replacement would be alright, but obviously not the same.

Dro
07-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Lance was the only one who showed up against LeBron and the Heat, yet got blamed for everything.

Indy didn't deserve a real G like Lance to be honest.
You guys are preaching to the choir with this. I'm the main one who was defending Lance against this entire forum during the season and the playoffs.....I completely understand. I'm mainly talking about his relationship with Larry. I thought he would show a bit more loyalty for the fact that Bird is the reason he in the league. Yes, he's talented. But he wasn't getting any playing time until Bird came in and took him under his wing so to speak and told the coach to play him. And Larry is the main one who had his back still even when the media and some of his teammates turned on him....The Pacers offered him what they offered him because that was really all they could offer him without either moving other players or paying the luxury tax and they definitely can't afford the luxury tax.

Thats my main point.

NumberSix
07-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Cheer up bro, your management knows how to build a contending team, just haven't had much luck.

:cheers:
I'll actually now say this to you. The Bulls are now a real threat.

Dro
07-16-2014, 06:03 PM
He wanted a shorter deal and Larry wouldn't give it to him.

That... And that the Pacers FO made him look like a psycho in the playoffs probably had a lot to do with it.

Dude is a baller, he's a great fit in Charlotte
See, I thought Bird made him that 5 year deal to show Lance that he believed in him and wanted him here for the long haul. I'm not sure if maybe Lance didn't take it like that or like you said, maybe he just didn't want to stay here...I don't assume he doesn't like the city because he bought a house here on the South side of town of all places....Usually athletes here either buy a house in Geist were Paul George, Reggie Miller and others live(d), or downtown. The south side isn't one of the better sides of town here in Indianapolis.

Lance is a baller....I don't think Larry made him look like a psycho. Larry said he needs to tone down some of his antics but he still always had is back publicly and during the offseason. He always made it clear that despite Lance's issues, that he wanted Lance to be a Pacer.

Dro
07-16-2014, 06:10 PM
It happens.

Oh and after the struggles last season, somebody was bound to leave. For the long term, I think this might turn out better for the Pacers than just hoping that Hibbert-George-Stephenson would somehow turn around the drama and would go back to playing as well as they did earlier on in the year.
This is a good point.....I was really hoping that either Roy or Hill or both were moved because they seem to be the 2 guys that play at a much slower pace than the rest of the team. But I like Hill as a player.

Dro
07-16-2014, 06:18 PM
I think the title may be misleading also. I don't mean enemy as in, I don't like the guy anymore or that I will boo him...I just mean, when he plays Indiana, I want him to play horribly and we should treat him like any other opponent and go for blood. I'll probably still somewhat root for him when he plays anyone else.

Adrenalynn
07-16-2014, 06:38 PM
http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/4763770/lance_hornet_medium.png

Dro
07-16-2014, 08:51 PM
http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/4763770/lance_hornet_medium.png
:lol