PDA

View Full Version : How far is this team going this year?

poido123
07-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Let's say rose is back to or close to his 27/7 self.

I honestly believe we have enough scoring, good passers and defense to win the whole thing, I really do.

We have a lot more variety than we ever have. We have been very good with far less in playoffs past.

We might still need another creator on offense, but adding gasol will help our spacing and I envision our ball movement to be much like the Spurs last year.

Just maybe, we have enough to overcome our small weakness.

The East looks a lot easier now. My head says the main threat will be who comes out of the West.

I'm not too worried about the Cavs this year, they will need time to gel with a lot of significant changes and inexperience.

Roundball_Rock
07-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Agreed. As a floor, 55 or so wins and the ECF. This team, though, should win the top seed and win the East. The Finals would be tough, and this team likely would be an underdog to the Spurs/Thunder/Clippers, but they would have a legitimate chance and not get steamrolled like the 2014 Heat. The East being stronger may help sharpen the team since there presumably will be legitimate competition in the ECF and ECSF rounds as opposed to cruising to the ECF like the Heat did in 11', 13' and 14'.

The Bulls have a ton of depth. Should CHI consider a trade to exchange some depth for a second shot creator?

Rose
07-16-2014, 03:15 PM
The difference between Pau's passing/midrange jumper and Boozer's isn't that great. So any difference you see there is probably gonna be a product having better guys in the offense. The team's offensive plays are actually fine, and have been spurs-lite since 2012, although last season there was a lot of Princeton sets obviously. With Rose back the offense is gonna be a lot more effective. Jimmy should have easier shots. Whoever starts at the 3 is gonna be focused on hitting 3s. Finally have a legit post scorer. It's gonna be nice.

The bench has guys who are good consistent shooters in Dunleavy or McDermott (whichever doesn't start) and Mirotic if Thibs gives him minutes this year. Having a healthy Rose will make everything so much better and easier for everyone.

I think ECF is the floor. Because like you said Cleveland has too many young guys/learning to play together to do. Although Blatt is a really really good coach. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the ECF. The Pacers should rebound to an extent despite losing Lance. Miami really doesn't scare me. And the rest of the east is poodoo.

poido123
07-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Agreed. As a floor, 55 or so wins and the ECF. This team, though, should win the top seed and win the East. The Finals would be tough, and this team likely would be an underdog to the Spurs/Thunder/Clippers, but they would have a legitimate chance and not get steamrolled like the 2014 Heat. The East being stronger may help sharpen the team since there presumably will be legitimate competition in the ECF and ECSF rounds as opposed to cruising to the ECF like the Heat did in 11', 13' and 14'.

The Bulls have a ton of depth. Should CHI consider a trade to exchange some depth for a second shot creator?

I think we might look to get a creator at the trade deadline, once Thibs and management have had a good look at the current team in the first half of the season.

Like others have mentioned, a creative backup SG or PG like an Aaron Brooks type might be the answer. We need a guy who can light up the scoring and break down defenses off the bench, or playing next to rose to create his own offense.

poido123
07-16-2014, 06:49 PM
The difference between Pau's passing/midrange jumper and Boozer's isn't that great. So any difference you see there is probably gonna be a product having better guys in the offense. The team's offensive plays are actually fine, and have been spurs-lite since 2012, although last season there was a lot of Princeton sets obviously. With Rose back the offense is gonna be a lot more effective. Jimmy should have easier shots. Whoever starts at the 3 is gonna be focused on hitting 3s. Finally have a legit post scorer. It's gonna be nice.

The bench has guys who are good consistent shooters in Dunleavy or McDermott (whichever doesn't start) and Mirotic if Thibs gives him minutes this year. Having a healthy Rose will make everything so much better and easier for everyone.

I think ECF is the floor. Because like you said Cleveland has too many young guys/learning to play together to do. Although Blatt is a really really good coach. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the ECF. The Pacers should rebound to an extent despite losing Lance. Miami really doesn't scare me. And the rest of the east is poodoo.

The pacers will be really stagnant on offense. Lance provided them offensive creativity and energy for that team. I'm not worried by them.

Gasol is a mile better passer than Boozer. I think that will help our spacing and passing. If we gel quickly, I can see this team whipping the ball inside and out much like the current Spurs team.

My main concern, is that Rose will need to adjust his game. If he can limit his kamikaze drives to the basket and look to pass the ball more as a traditional point guard, then I think we can operate at our best. Some games that style of play works, but in playoffs when defenses are trapping you etc, you gotta spread the ball and break open the defense.

Rose
07-16-2014, 07:47 PM
The pacers will be really stagnant on offense. Lance provided them offensive creativity and energy for that team. I'm not worried by them.

Gasol is a mile better passer than Boozer. I think that will help our spacing and passing. If we gel quickly, I can see this team whipping the ball inside and out much like the current Spurs team.

My main concern, is that Rose will need to adjust his game. If he can limit his kamikaze drives to the basket and look to pass the ball more as a traditional point guard, then I think we can operate at our best. Some games that style of play works, but in playoffs when defenses are trapping you etc, you gotta spread the ball and break open the defense.
I think Paul George makes another micro leap that he needs to make. I think they could look like the 2011 Bulls honestly. But they absolutely have to work out their weird locker room issues or whatever the **** happened.:lol

I don't think he is at all. I think he might be a bit better, maybe. But not a lot. I gave Boozer all the shit he deserved, but that man could pass. Created a lot of shots late in the shot clock out of nothing too. I think Pau will cause the team to gel faster though because he's more intelligent. He went from being the lead dog on a bad Memphis team to playing with Kobe nearly perfectly in pretty much 1 game. Most of our guys are actually high IQ players now though. The key ones (Pau being the exception) know Thibs offense. And the rest should catch on at a fair rate at both ends of the floor. I think the Bulls might stumble a bit at first maybe like the first 5 games are rough, but that's it. Nobody really plays the exact same way anymore as anyone else. Except maybe Dunleavy/McDermott a bit.

The problem that I'm hoping the Bulls don't have is that everyone depends on Rose. A lot of times guys would just throw it back to him because they knew he was the best chance at scoring. Luckily Deng/Boozer are gone, Jimmy rarely played with him outside of practices. And Noah is what Noah is so yeah. And since Rose played pretty much the entire roster got overhauled. Taj is still here of course, Nzar might be, and Dunleavy will. But those two have barely with him more than we have.:lol So I'm hoping that flaw stops. That was an absolute killer the past 3 years when Rose played.

tamaraw08
07-18-2014, 01:26 PM
I really think a lot will depend on Thib's ability to adjust and adapt to the recent lineup roster and learn from his past experiences.
Last playoffs where in the team clearly bled for points and Thibs choosing to bench Dunleavy greatly disturbed me. :(
He already established that he is a great defensive coach but Im not sure yet if he can truly maximize the team's strength on offense etc.
Crystallas was right in terms of most shooters who played with the Bulls actually didn't shoot well during their Chicago stint. Heck even Korver's FG average dipped a bit.

kshutts1
07-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Been saying it since we signed Pau and Mirotic... trade Dunleavy and Gibson for a creating/scoring wing.

Undisputed
07-18-2014, 07:02 PM
If Derrick Rose can play at least 65-70 games this season and has his legs under him for the play-offs, no reason not to believe they can win a championship. Thibs is going to make anyone who plays for him grind for wins, and this crew seems more than capable. With trade pieces like Dunleavy and Taj, who knows what could happen mid-season.

tamaraw08
07-19-2014, 02:01 PM
If Derrick Rose can play at least 65-70 games this season and has his legs under him for the play-offs, no reason not to believe they can win a championship. Thibs is going to make anyone who plays for him grind for wins, and this crew seems more than capable. With trade pieces like Dunleavy and Taj, who knows what could happen mid-season.

For a team to actually contend, they need some depth and good reserves at every position. Noah and Pau have have not exactly played every game the past 5 seasons or so. And nobody is sure yet whether McDermott and Mirotic can actually defend. You also need an extra boost from the bench once the starters get their rest so....

ljsbb27
07-19-2014, 02:58 PM
It's nice to see some of the older and more experienced posters coming back on and contributing to the forum. Hopefully it stays like this for this upcoming season. Last year was very quite here after Rose went down again with injury.

On that note if there are no significant injuries I expect this team to at least make the Eastern Conference Finals and if they gel well together I can see them coming out of the East. For now I think whoever makes it out of the West will most likely be the favorite, but maybe grinding through the extremely difficult Western Conference playoffs will take a huge toll on whoever eventually comes out and the Easter Conference representative (hopefully us) is able to take advantage.

Rose - Hinrich - Brooks
Butler - Snell
Dunleavy-McDermott
Gasol-Mirotic
Noah-Gibson-Bairstow

That's our roster as of right now. Correct me if I'm wrong or make any necessary additions/deletion.
I like our depth and I like that at least on paper it seems everyone from top to bottom will be able to mesh and play well together and compliment each other's games.

Ball movement and spacing will be essential to our success.

When you have excellent passers and shooters it allows you to achieve both of those.

Add to that our amazing team defense and we will certainly have a chance to beat anyone.

Noah and Gasol will do a great job of passing and getting us easy baskets as well as be effective in pick and roll.

Dunleavy, Mirotic and McDermott will provide us outside shooting and open up space for Rose and Butler to attack the basket and use drive and kick to get those shooters good looks.

Our bench will be key and I'm confident it will outplay most other second units.

Extremely excited for this upcoming season.

Undisputed
07-20-2014, 03:01 AM
For a team to actually contend, they need some depth and good reserves at every position. Noah and Pau have have not exactly played every game the past 5 seasons or so. And nobody is sure yet whether McDermott and Mirotic can actually defend. You also need an extra boost from the bench once the starters get their rest so....
This team should contend for a title if key players stay healthy. Healthy players is something that no one can bank on, to win a championship, you also need a whole lot of luck when it comes to injuries. Defense with this team does not concern me regardless of who is on the squad with Thibs running things.

If all goes as well as possible, no reason in the world to believe they can make the ECF and possibly the finals.

tamaraw08
07-20-2014, 01:28 PM
This team should contend for a title if key players stay healthy. Healthy players is something that no one can bank on, to win a championship, you also need a whole lot of luck when it comes to injuries. Defense with this team does not concern me regardless of who is on the squad with Thibs running things.

If all goes as well as possible, no reason in the world to believe they can make the ECF and possibly the finals.

You just don't need reserves in the playoffs but also for the very long marathon of 82 gruelling games. The Spurs were lucky to have a strong bench esp when they had to rest their key players in the reg season bec they were able to still win and get the BEST RECORD. Home court advantage is huge esp on game 7's. Ask the Spurs, OKC, Clips etc. They all needed that just the last playoffs. Or the Lakers in 1999 vs Portland and 2008 vs Boston etc etc.

tamaraw08
07-20-2014, 01:36 PM
It's nice to see some of the older and more experienced posters coming back on and contributing to the forum. Hopefully it stays like this for this upcoming season. Last year was very quite here after Rose went down again with injury.

On that note if there are no significant injuries I expect this team to at least make the Eastern Conference Finals and if they gel well together I can see them coming out of the East. For now I think whoever makes it out of the West will most likely be the favorite, but maybe grinding through the extremely difficult Western Conference playoffs will take a huge toll on whoever eventually comes out and the Easter Conference representative (hopefully us) is able to take advantage.

Rose - Hinrich - BrooksButler - Snell
Dunleavy-McDermottGasol-Mirotic
Noah-Gibson-Bairstow

That's our roster as of right now. Correct me if I'm wrong or make any necessary additions/deletion.
I like our depth and I like that at least on paper it seems everyone from top to bottom will be able to mesh and play well together and compliment each other's games.

Ball movement and spacing will be essential to our success.

When you have excellent passers and shooters it allows you to achieve both of those.

Add to that our amazing team defense and we will certainly have a chance to beat anyone.

Noah and Gasol will do a great job of passing and getting us easy baskets as well as be effective in pick and roll.

Dunleavy, Mirotic and McDermott will provide us outside shooting and open up space for Rose and Butler to attack the basket and use drive and kick to get those shooters good looks.

Our bench will be key and I'm confident it will outplay most other second units.

Extremely excited for this upcoming season.
Again my biggest concern now is if Thibs would show some confidence in playing the names I bolded in your post. :( Last summer, analysts said Dunleavy is a very good pickup not only bec he is a good shooter but also plays pretty good defense. Well, when the Bulls were bleeding for points vs the Wizards, Thibs chose to bench him in crucial moments of the first 2 games where they lost both games. putting them in a huge hole.:rant
Watching Doc Rivers, he too puts a huge emphasis on defense, but he found ways to play Jamaal Crawford and other weak defenders to help out the team on offense.

Crystallas
07-20-2014, 08:23 PM
62-20

3rd place East, 5th place NBA.

ECF, lose in 5.

ballinhun8
07-20-2014, 08:53 PM
62-20

3rd place East, 5th place NBA.

ECF, lose in 5.

Bro who is winning more than 60 games in the east?? I doubt Cleveland will unless they manage to swindle Love. And no other team is stacked like Chicago. Indy lost its second best offensive option, Miami lost James, Cleveland will need time to adjust, Washington could be scary if Pierce meshes well but I don't see anyone else being able to get close to that win total.

Undisputed
07-21-2014, 01:27 PM
You just don't need reserves in the playoffs but also for the very long marathon of 82 gruelling games. The Spurs were lucky to have a strong bench esp when they had to rest their key players in the reg season bec they were able to still win and get the BEST RECORD. Home court advantage is huge esp on game 7's. Ask the Spurs, OKC, Clips etc. They all needed that just the last playoffs. Or the Lakers in 1999 vs Portland and 2008 vs Boston etc etc.
The Bulls have a very nice bench. Better than most teams, that's for sure.

Crystallas
07-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Bro who is winning more than 60 games in the east?? I doubt Cleveland will unless they manage to swindle Love. And no other team is stacked like Chicago. Indy lost its second best offensive option, Miami lost James, Cleveland will need time to adjust, Washington could be scary if Pierce meshes well but I don't see anyone else being able to get close to that win total.

Make your prediction.

tamaraw08
07-22-2014, 01:54 AM

Right now they do, but you seem to imply that Taj and Dunleavy are" trade pieces". In a way yes but only to upgrade and get better player/s, but not simply to just get picks and/or young raw players.

tamaraw08
07-22-2014, 02:04 AM
Make your prediction.

I for one is not a fan of predicting or prognosticating. Instead I'm interested about your take about the current state of the Bulls. You seemed to have inside info about this team, how they never employed any shooting coach etc etc. Has Thibs hired one? Did he assigned somebody to be the "offensive coordinator" for this team? Do they have anybody assigned to personally oversee and tutor young guys the intricacies of defense like hedging, switching, proper base/stance etc. If no to the latter, Im worried that guys like McDermott and Mirotic will be sent to the dog house and be useless. :(

poido123
07-23-2014, 05:05 AM

Should we explore a guy like waiters? :confusedshrug:

poido123
07-23-2014, 05:17 AM

As evidenced in the finals last year, a good bench can make the difference.

Mills and you could argue diaw as a bench player were key to destroying the heat.

kshutts1
07-23-2014, 01:36 PM
I know from experience that most fans on here get super excited, rightfully so, for the upcoming season.

But does anyone else still see the lack of a second creator as a big issue? Brooks is a nice step in the right direction. But if we are relying on him, man we're in trouble.

I want a wing that can create his own shot. I've posted before on my preferred targets, Derozan (too expensive) and JR Smith (headcase) among them... but what about a cheaper option like Draymond Green? Guy is a worse version of Lance Stephenson, but without the supposed attitude issues.

Dunleavy for
Green, Armstrong and a tiny salary to make them match.

Don't need anyone but Green, so we can waive Armstrong and the other guy. I like Dunleavy's shooting, but with Mirotic, McDermott, Hinrich, and Snell, I'm not sure we need it anymore. Plus Green can shoot alright. Thoughts?

poido123
07-23-2014, 10:04 PM
I know from experience that most fans on here get super excited, rightfully so, for the upcoming season.

But does anyone else still see the lack of a second creator as a big issue? Brooks is a nice step in the right direction. But if we are relying on him, man we're in trouble.

I want a wing that can create his own shot. I've posted before on my preferred targets, Derozan (too expensive) and JR Smith (headcase) among them... but what about a cheaper option like Draymond Green? Guy is a worse version of Lance Stephenson, but without the supposed attitude issues.

Dunleavy for
Green, Armstrong and a tiny salary to make them match.

Don't need anyone but Green, so we can waive Armstrong and the other guy. I like Dunleavy's shooting, but with Mirotic, McDermott, Hinrich, and Snell, I'm not sure we need it anymore. Plus Green can shoot alright. Thoughts?

If you are lacking guys who can create their own shot, then you better have an elite passing team.

I think with having two elite passing big men and a throng of shooters, we can overcome this small weakness. Have a look at the spurs, they have one guy in the starting lineup like a rose to penetrate, shooters on the court to convert on the kickouts and a scoring big man. Our team and the spurs are almost identical in structure..

kshutts1
07-24-2014, 08:42 AM
If you are lacking guys who can create their own shot, then you better have an elite passing team.

I think with having two elite passing big men and a throng of shooters, we can overcome this small weakness. Have a look at the spurs, they have one guy in the starting lineup like a rose to penetrate, shooters on the court to convert on the kickouts and a scoring big man. Our team and the spurs are almost identical in structure..
Only we don't have a Patty Mills of a Manu Ginobili off the bench.

ballinhun8
07-24-2014, 05:39 PM

A Manu, no.

Patty Mills? Remember he was cast off up until last season. Hell, Cory Joseph was the one getting the backup PG time in the WCF.

I think Aaron Brooks can fill that type of role. He's a streaky guy. Once he gets hot, he is hard to stop. And he has the playoff experience from playing with Houston and those battles against the Lakers where he shined.

Of course, we did have Nate Rob who was a supped up version of Mills but we couldn't afford to keep him. He'd be perfect for this current group of players.

poido123
07-24-2014, 09:50 PM

No, but we have mirotic, brooks and Doug who can score in their own right. Brooks has the ability to break guys off the dribble and score in bunches much like Nate. Doug can find his shot to score using post up or running into space off screens,, doesn't have to be breaking a guy off the dribble to do it.

I don't know how much thibs will use bairstow, but I really think he should consider using him. He's got some offensive firepower we could do with off the bench.

Bairstow also has an automatic 18-20 footer. Excellent for a kick out from rose and promotes spacing on the floor.

poido123
07-24-2014, 09:55 PM
A Manu, no.

Patty Mills? Remember he was cast off up until last season. Hell, Cory Joseph was the one getting the backup PG time in the WCF.

I think Aaron Brooks can fill that type of role. He's a streaky guy. Once he gets hot, he is hard to stop. And he has the playoff experience from playing with Houston and those battles against the Lakers where he shined.

Of course, we did have Nate Rob who was a supped up version of Mills but we couldn't afford to keep him. He'd be perfect for this current group of players.

I'm curious to your thoughts of how this new version of the bulls will go?

I strongly believe we are far more dynamic and flexible than teams we've had before and we were the next best team behind Miami.

tamaraw08
07-31-2014, 08:13 PM
No, but we have mirotic, brooks and Doug who can score in their own right. Brooks has the ability to break guys off the dribble and score in bunches much like Nate. Doug can find his shot to score using post up or running into space off screens,, doesn't have to be breaking a guy off the dribble to do it.

I don't know how much thibs will use bairstow, but I really think he should consider using him. He's got some offensive firepower we could do with off the bench.

Bairstow also has an automatic 18-20 footer. Excellent for a kick out from rose and promotes spacing on the floor.
Like I said from my other posts. These offensive minded players won't matter if Thibs refuse to play them.:(
Bulls last year sucked so bad offensively that Mike Dunleavy was the best offensive threat and yet Thibs chose to bench him in the crucial times of games 1 and 2 vs the Wizards.

poido123
08-01-2014, 05:22 AM
Like I said from my other posts. These offensive minded players won't matter if Thibs refuse to play them.:(
Bulls last year sucked so bad offensively that Mike Dunleavy was the best offensive threat and yet Thibs chose to bench him in the crucial times of games 1 and 2 vs the Wizards.

Yikes! I remember that now...:banghead:

Perhaps I got caught up too much in who we added, that I overlooked the fact that thibs could hold back the potential of our offense...

I hope not. I hope thibs had a really good reason for yanking dunleavy such as being sick or gassed...

tamaraw08
08-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Yikes! I remember that now...:banghead:

Perhaps I got caught up too much in who we added, that I overlooked the fact that thibs could hold back the potential of our offense...

I hope not. I hope thibs had a really good reason for yanking dunleavy such as being sick or gassed...

Hopefully Thibs has learned from his mistakes cuz Dunleavy played extensive minutes in the succeeding games(was very instrumental in game 3).
I just wish too that the Bulls MGT has added an assistant coach who specializes on offense. Someone who will not be meek and actually respectfully give valuable inputs to Thibs esp during delicate situations.

poido123
08-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Hopefully Thibs has learned from his mistakes cuz Dunleavy played extensive minutes in the succeeding games(was very instrumental in game 3).
I just wish too that the Bulls MGT has added an assistant coach who specializes on offense. Someone who will not be meek and actually respectfully give valuable inputs to Thibs esp during delicate situations.

We need to appoint an assistant coach soon, we have preseason games just around the corner and then the NBA season...

Hopefully a guy who can give thibs some really good input on offense without trying to be the coach himself. :(

The good thing is, dunleavy won't have to do as much this year, we have plenty of shooting weapons at our disposal and we have the luxury to ride the hot shooter.

Mirotic I think will be our most important player along with rose/gasol in a potential cavs series.

His ability to stretch the defense and force love out on the perimeter will be crucial.

Cavs will also have trouble defending our frontcourt. Rose, McD and snell will be able to punish any lazy defense played by waiters and Irving from the outside, rose will be able to penetrate cavs lack of Interior defense at will.

ljsbb27
08-05-2014, 12:06 AM
If everyone on this roster stays healthy and I mean everyone for the majority of the season and most certainly during playoff time there's no reason why this Bulls team cannot make it to the NBA Finals and compete for an NBA championship.

If we're going to win our 7th title I think this is the year to surprise people and do it. The East is still the weaker conference, but a lot of Eastern Conference teams will be improving shortly. After Love goes to Cleveland I think it will be us vs. Cleveland in the ECF and I like how we match up against them.

We'll have a big advantage in the paint with Noah, Gasol, Gibson and Mirotic against Varejao and Love and whoever they bring off the bench. We have outside shooters in Dunleavy, Snell, Mirotic, McDermott and Hinrich to space the floor. You mix that in with what should be an excellent passing team, high IQ team and an always excellent defensive and rebounding team and we have all the ingredients.

If Lebron decides to guard DRose I feel our other guards and small forwards will be more than capable enough to step up and deliver against poor defenders in Irving and Waiters. Love is also a poor defender. I think in a 7 game series our defense and rebounding will be a huge advantage over them as they will not be a good team in those departments. I want Lebron to guard Rose. Not only has Rose proven to be able to score on Lebron but chasing around Derrick will also negatively impact Lebron's offense and we can't forget Jimmy Butler does as good of a job as anyone in the league at sticking Lebron.

I'm really excited for this season.

Thibs' philosophy and excellent teaching of defense will help our new additions who aren't really known for their defending.

I share the same opinion as some have already shared... I hope Thibs and his staff can set up an offense that maximizes the strengths of our new additions as well as ensuring the inclusion of these new guys matches up with players we already had here.

Rose should be able to play his game because everyone around him compliments him pretty well. Jimmy has continued to improve his outside shot and moves well without the ball, cuts to the basket and is good at driving into the lane. Dunleavy is a high IQ player who will find the open spot and knock down open shots. Noah and Gasol are excellent passing big men who will put their teammates in good positions as well as being able to score easy basket themselves. The bench has a nice mixture of veterans, youth, outside shooting, energy and defense.

I see it working out wonderfully, but it obviously has to be proven on the court now.

poido123
08-05-2014, 10:39 AM
If everyone on this roster stays healthy and I mean everyone for the majority of the season and most certainly during playoff time there's no reason why this Bulls team cannot make it to the NBA Finals and compete for an NBA championship.

If we're going to win our 7th title I think this is the year to surprise people and do it. The East is still the weaker conference, but a lot of Eastern Conference teams will be improving shortly. After Love goes to Cleveland I think it will be us vs. Cleveland in the ECF and I like how we match up against them.

We'll have a big advantage in the paint with Noah, Gasol, Gibson and Mirotic against Varejao and Love and whoever they bring off the bench. We have outside shooters in Dunleavy, Snell, Mirotic, McDermott and Hinrich to space the floor. You mix that in with what should be an excellent passing team, high IQ team and an always excellent defensive and rebounding team and we have all the ingredients.

If Lebron decides to guard DRose I feel our other guards and small forwards will be more than capable enough to step up and deliver against poor defenders in Irving and Waiters. Love is also a poor defender. I think in a 7 game series our defense and rebounding will be a huge advantage over them as they will not be a good team in those departments. I want Lebron to guard Rose. Not only has Rose proven to be able to score on Lebron but chasing around Derrick will also negatively impact Lebron's offense and we can't forget Jimmy Butler does as good of a job as anyone in the league at sticking Lebron.

I'm really excited for this season.

Thibs' philosophy and excellent teaching of defense will help our new additions who aren't really known for their defending.

I share the same opinion as some have already shared... I hope Thibs and his staff can set up an offense that maximizes the strengths of our new additions as well as ensuring the inclusion of these new guys matches up with players we already had here.

Rose should be able to play his game because everyone around him compliments him pretty well. Jimmy has continued to improve his outside shot and moves well without the ball, cuts to the basket and is good at driving into the lane. Dunleavy is a high IQ player who will find the open spot and knock down open shots. Noah and Gasol are excellent passing big men who will put their teammates in good positions as well as being able to score easy basket themselves. The bench has a nice mixture of veterans, youth, outside shooting, energy and defense.

I see it working out wonderfully, but it obviously has to be proven on the court now.

Good post and a good read :applause:

Repped. I'll rep you too Tamara :cheers:

nathanjizzle
08-05-2014, 03:54 PM
clutch your panties my bulls brethrens, we going on a muther****in journey to mars.

poido123
08-05-2014, 11:24 PM
clutch your panties my bulls brethrens, we going on a muther****in journey to mars.

Been reading McDermott could be starting for us by the end of this year...

I love the move if Thibs has the guts to trust him. Having McDermott in the lineup will work, he can space the floor and on defense, butler can just guard who ever the bigger offensive threat is at SG or SF.

McDermotts ability to make space off screens and knock down shots will be crucial to opening up space for rose. It will keep defenses unsettled and constantly trying to compensate on defense to cover both of them. He's a natural scorer and that is exactly what we need to work with rose and gasol.

Rose, gasol and Noah will be enough experience on the court to compensate for playing a rookie in the starting lineup.