PDA

View Full Version : This is my top 5 scorers in the league right now whats yours with my criteria?

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 10:41 AM
IF PEOPLE DON'T TRAP YOU YOUR NOT A TOP 5 SCORER IN THE LEAGUE POINT BLANK PERIOD.IF THE OPPOSING TEAM IS NOT TRYING TO GET THE BALL OUT OF YOUR HANDS BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY EVEN IF IT MEANS LEAVING PEOPLE WIDE OPEN YOUR NOT A TOP 5 SCORER

This is my top 5 scorers whats yours?To me a top 5 scorer breaks down the whole defense and usually finishes with 2 or 3 people around him every play after he shoots/dunks/layup the ball.WITH THAT CRITERIA HERE ARE GREAT SCORERS WHO FALL SHORT TOO ME.
People like Steph Curry almost cracked my list but him struggling to finish around the rim keeps him off my list.
Kevin Love/Z-Bo scores from putbacks aka garbage buckets aka mud buckets Nothing wrong with the way they score but they don't break down the defense the way they score.
Joe Johnsons/Russel Westbrook/Jamal Crawford They score basically one on one they are not breaking down the defense 80% of the time they have lethal shooters all around them and ppl stay home + for some reason ppl actually expect them to pass idk why.They rarely get the kobe treatment where people say fk it and just blitz them with no regard about the person they were checking.

ISH BE UNBIASED FOR ONCE EVEN IF YOU HATE THE PLAYER OR HIS FANS...
THIS LIST IS NOT FOR THE TOP 5 SCORERS IF THEY ALL WERE THE SAME HEIGHT + WEIGHT + ATHLETIC ABILITY
THIS LIST IS NOT THE TOP 5 SCORERS IN A 1 ON 1 GAME
THIS LIST IS NOT TOP 5 SCORERS IN ISOLATION IF PEOPLE SCORE WITH PICKS O WELL IT STILL COUNTS
THIS LIST IS NOT THE FOR THE TOP 5 AESTHETICALLY PLEASING SCORERS
THIS LIST IS NOT FOR THE TOP 5 PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE WHO HAPPEN TO HAVE A HIGH PPG TOO
THIS LIST IS NOT ABOUT THE TOP 5 MOST EFFICIENT SCORERS.
This is just about giving someone the ball telling them them to go score here are the best 5 at doing that to me.This is my list no order whats yours?
NO HEDGING NAMING 6 PEOPLE JUST

HERE IS MY TOP 5
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
(gave it some thought)Al Jefferson

Gif examples of great scorers scoring with my criteria THIS IS BREAKING DOWN A DEFENSE
http://i.minus.com/ibuEQZeBVVMa4T.gif
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1837347/kobe30kpts.gif

gif of a good scorer do you see the difference in defense
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3800491/isojoe.gif

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Carmelo Anthony
Steph Curry
Lebron James
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant

To4
07-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Carmelo Anthony!!!
Durant..
Steph Curry..
Lebron..
Harden..

pauk
07-16-2014, 11:27 AM
1. Lebron James -
The most efficient high magnitude scorer in the league, even historically (from the perimeter at least), can score in any way. I would have Durant up here first, because Lebron is really not a pure/strict scorer due to his passing/vision instincts/role, but i have him up here because his raw scoring ability really is i think the best, i mean if he really wanted i think he could lead the league in PPG every season easily averaging over 34+ ppg but that would mean sacrificing the point-guard stuff of his and perhaps the total impact on the game he can inflict offensively.... Thats also a downside for Lebron as a scorer, you can be seeing him going ham and all of the sudden get back to his point-guard stuff, it can be frustrating.... the only time you will see him go in pure scoring mode for an entire game is if he is really on fire, just cant miss shots, last time that happened he scored 61 points shooting 22-33 hitting 8-10 from 3pt land...

2. Kevin Durant -
Efficient high magnitude pure/strict scorer, pure shooter (a 50-40-90 guy), can score in any way, at his size & mobility his shot is very unstoppable.
He is the best pure scorer in the NBA.... if you want to see a guy who is full intent on scoring and scoring alot, you watch Durant! The only downside is that he really loves to exploit shooting fouls/drawing fouls and get alot of FTs, cant fault him for that tho, its not really a downside but i mean if you are keen on seeing entertaining scoring (a guy hitting baskets/field-goals) maybe it is a downside, a microscopical one.

3. Carmelo Anthony -
Kindof like a shorter version of Durant offensively at best, in my opinion to inconsistant to be considered as good of a scorer overall, all i can say is that when he catches fire you better watch!

4. Steph Curry -
The best shooter in the league i think and one of the best shooters in NBA history. Can score in any way. If you want to see high magnitude super long range shooting/scoring then this is the guy to watch.

5. James Harden / Russell Westbrook -
High magnitude scorers, lots of shots, lots of points, lots of everything.. but, not really that efficient...

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 11:37 AM
1. Lebron James -
The most efficient high magnitude scorer in the league, even historically (from the perimeter at least), can score in any way. I would have Durant up here first, because Lebron is really not a pure/strict scorer due to his passing/vision instincts/role, but i have him up here because his raw scoring ability really is i think the best, i mean if he really wanted i think he could lead the league in PPG every season easily averaging over 34+ ppg but that would mean sacrificing the point-guard stuff of his and perhaps the total impact on the game he can inflict offensively....

2. Kevin Durant -
Efficient high magnitude pure/strict scorer, pure shooter (a 50-40-90 guy), can score in any way, at his size & mobility his shot is very unstoppable.
He is the best pure scorer in the NBA.... if you want to see a guy who is full intent on scoring and scoring alot, you watch Durant!

3. Carmelo Anthony -
Kindof like a shorter version of Durant offensively at best, in my opinion to inconsistant to be considered as good of a scorer overall, all i can say is that when he catches fire you better watch!

4. Steph Curry -
The best shooter in the league i think and one of the best shooters in NBA history. Can score in any way. If you want to see high magnitude super long range shooting/scoring then this is the guy to watch.

High magnitude scorers, lots of shots, lots of points, lots of everything.. but, not really that efficient...
Wish i could rep you for taking the time to explain your answer.I don't agree with all of you choices but still :applause: :applause:

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 11:41 AM
1. Lebron James -
The most efficient high magnitude scorer in the league, even historically (from the perimeter at least), can score in any way. I would have Durant up here first, because Lebron is really not a pure/strict scorer due to his passing/vision instincts/role, but i have him up here because his raw scoring ability really is i think the best, i mean if he really wanted i think he could lead the league in PPG every season easily averaging over 34+ ppg but that would mean sacrificing the point-guard stuff of his and perhaps the total impact on the game he can inflict offensively....

2. Kevin Durant -
He is the best pure scorer in the NBA.... if you want to see a guy who is full intent on scoring and scoring alot, you watch Durant!

3. Carmelo Anthony -

4. Steph Curry -

:applause: :applause:

ralph_i_el
07-16-2014, 12:18 PM
IF PEOPLE DON'T TRAP YOU YOUR NOT A TOP 5 SCORER IN THE LEAGUE POINT BLANK PERIOD.IF THE OPPOSING TEAM IS NOT TRYING TO GET THE BALL OUT OF YOUR HANDS BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY EVEN IF IT MEANS LEAVING PEOPLE WIDE OPEN YOUR NOT A TOP 5 SCORER

This is my top 5 scorers whats yours?To me a top 5 scorer breaks down the whole defense and usually finishes with 2 or 3 people around him every play after he shoots/dunks/layup the ball.WITH THAT CRITERIA HERE ARE GREAT SCORERS WHO FALL SHORT TOO ME.
People like Steph Curry almost cracked my list but him struggling to finish around the rim keeps him off my list.
Kevin Love/Z-Bo scores from putbacks aka garbage bucks aka mud buckets Nothing wrong with the way they score but they don't break down the defense the way they score.
Joe Johnsons/Russel Westbrook/Jamal Crawford They score basically one on one they are not breaking down the defense 80% of the time they have lethal shooters all around them and ppl stay home + for some reason ppl actually expect them to pass idk why.They rarely get the kobe treatment where people say fk it and just blitz them with no regard about the person they were checking.

ISH BE UNBIASED FOR ONCE EVEN IF YOU HATE THE PLAYER OR HIS FANS...
THIS LIST IS NOT FOR THE TOP 5 SCORERS IF THEY ALL WERE THE SAME HEIGHT + WEIGHT + ATHLETIC ABILITY
THIS LIST IS NOT THE TOP 5 SCORERS IN A 1 ON 1 GAME
THIS LIST IS NOT TOP 5 SCORERS IN ISOLATION IF PEOPLE SCORE WITH PICKS O WELL IT STILL COUNTS
THIS LIST IS NOT THE FOR THE TOP 5 AESTHETICALLY PLEASING SCORERS
THIS LIST IS NOT FOR THE TOP 5 PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE WHO HAPPEN TO HAVE A HIGH PPG TOO
THIS LIST IS NOT ABOUT THE TOP 5 MOST EFFICIENT SCORERS.
This is just about giving someone the ball telling them them to go score here are the best 5 at doing that to me.This is my list no order whats yours?
NO HEDGING NAMING 6 PEOPLE JUST

HERE IS MY TOP 5
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
(gave it some thought)Al Jefferson
Al Jefferson? They trap him because he can't pass. Some guys you can't trap because they'll beat it. Give me Stephen curry and cp3 over Al and current Kobe. Both can score on demand and are really difficult to double.

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2014, 12:20 PM
LeBron is easily the best scorer

Warfan
07-16-2014, 12:30 PM
1.KD
2.Bron
3.Melo
4.Steph
5.Westbrook/Love

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/LEBRON-DURANT-STAR.gif

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2014, 12:33 PM
Durant - LeBron, who's the better scorer come playoff time?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 12:38 PM
Durant
LeBron
Melo
Curry?
Love?

Gets unclear after #3..

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 12:42 PM
We know.:confusedshrug:

Warfan
07-16-2014, 12:43 PM

Not saying you cant argue it. But KD put up 30 a game in the playoffs on solid efficiency against 2 elite defenses, and he did that while seeming 'off'. Combine that with the all-time great scoring regular season, and he has a great case as the best scorer in the game.

Dragic4Life
07-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Lebron. He doesn't differ to his point guard in crunch time.

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 01:04 PM
KD
Melo
Lebron
Kobe/Curry/Nowitzki

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Not saying you cant argue it. But KD put up 30 a game in the playoffs on solid efficiency against 2 elite defenses, and he did that while seeming 'off'. Combine that with the all-time great scoring regular season, and he has a great case as the best scorer in the game.

I don't see how the defenses they faced were much different, at all... LeBron actually faced superior drtg rated teams, and comparable individual defenders..

You have a case, but when it comes down to end, be honest, LeBron is the better scorer come playoff time :D

ArbitraryWater
07-16-2014, 01:08 PM
KD
Melo
Lebron
Kobe/Curry/Nowitzki

I hope you didn't just say Melo is a better scorer than LeBron

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Anybody saying Melo is a better scorer than LBJ is an idiot...

KD35Brah
07-16-2014, 01:28 PM
1. Lebron James -
The most efficient high magnitude scorer in the league, even historically (from the perimeter at least), can score in any way. I would have Durant up here first, because Lebron is really not a pure/strict scorer due to his passing/vision instincts/role, but i have him up here because his raw scoring ability really is i think the best, i mean if he really wanted i think he could lead the league in PPG every season easily averaging over 34+ ppg but that would mean sacrificing the point-guard stuff of his and perhaps the total impact on the game he can inflict offensively.... Thats also a downside for Lebron as a scorer, you can be seeing him going ham and all of the sudden get back to his point-guard stuff, it can be frustrating.... the only time you will see him go in pure scoring mode for an entire game is if he is really on fire, just cant miss shots, last time that happened he scored 61 points shooting 22-33 hitting 8-10 from 3pt land...

2. Kevin Durant -
He is the best pure scorer in the NBA.... if you want to see a guy who is full intent on scoring and scoring alot, you watch Durant! The only downside is that he really loves to exploit shooting fouls/drawing fouls and get alot of FTs, cant fault him for that tho, its not really a downside but i mean if you are keen on seeing entertaining scoring (a guy hitting baskets/field-goals) maybe it is a downside, a microscopical one.

3. Carmelo Anthony -

4. Steph Curry -

High magnitude scorers, lots of shots, lots of points, lots of everything.. but, not really that efficient...Lol you literally never stop sucking LeBron's dick.

Seek ****ing help.

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 01:45 PM
I hope you didn't just say Melo is a better scorer than LeBron
Yes. Although close, Lebron's passing ability plays a pretty good role in his scoring ability and I didn't account for that. I honestly think Melo would beat Lebron in a game of 1v1 more times than not but that's just my opinion.

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Yes. Although close, Lebron's passing ability plays a pretty good role in his scoring ability and I didn't account for that. I honestly think Melo would beat Lebron in a game of 1v1 more times than not but that's just my opinion.
This thread is not about that bro its about scoring in the nba in a game of 5 on 5.The top 3 scorers are lock its the 4th and 5th spots thats tough i would put mvp d rose in over BIG AL but the d rose from last season was no longer a top 5 scorer.

ZMonkey11
07-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Lebron. He doesn't differ to his point guard in crunch time.

He is the PG and defers to other shooters.
:confusedshrug:

Smook A.
07-16-2014, 02:04 PM
Anybody saying Melo is a better scorer than LBJ is an idiot...
JohnFagman thinks he's the best scorer in the league

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 02:05 PM
FOR ALL THE PEOPLE SAYING STEPH CURRY THIS IS BREAKING DOWN A DEFENSE BY MY CRITERIA????i think not...

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/51887aa869bedd2e4900000f/steph-curry-running-down-court.gif
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2613013/currywow.gif
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2599199/curry1leg.gif

ClutchOver9000
07-16-2014, 02:08 PM

I think Melo would work any player in a game of 1v1 save for KD and prime Kobe

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 02:10 PM
I think Melo would work any player in a game of 1v1 save for KD and prime Kobe
PLEASE DONT TURN THIS INTO A 1 ON 1 THREAD :facepalm

ClutchOver9000
07-16-2014, 02:14 PM
PLEASE DONT TURN THIS INTO A 1 ON 1 THREAD :facepalm

:lol apologies

ProfessorMurder
07-16-2014, 02:14 PM
So because Bran holds the ball and drives and kicks that makes him a better scorer than Carmelo, who's a better shooter, has better footwork, and has a better post game? Okay.

Jlamb47
07-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Melo/KD
Bron
Westbrook/Harden/Curry/Love

Vertical-24
07-16-2014, 02:47 PM
1. Kevin Durant
2. Carmelo Anthony
3. LeBron James (more efficient than the previous two due to superior shot-selection/driving ability but slightly less range in scoring arsenal)
4. Kobe Bryant (if this was 2013, I would have him in top 3. We have no idea what to expect from him at this point, since we pretty much missed an entire season/post season of him.)
5. Westbrook/Curry

qrich
07-16-2014, 02:49 PM
If you have Al Jefferson, you best also have Zachary Randolph.

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 02:51 PM
If you have Al Jefferson, you best also have Zachary Randolph.
i already explained why z bo is not in my top 5:rolleyes:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 02:52 PM
1. Melo can not effectively run a pick and roll
2. Melo is a terrible finisher at the rim for a superstar

Those saying Melo is better than Durant/LeBron at scoring because of "scoring arsenal" would also agree that prime Pau Gasol is a better scorer than prime Shaq, correct?

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 02:54 PM

Those saying Melo is better than Durant/LeBron at scoring because of "scoring arsenal" would also agree that prime Pau Gasol is a better scorer than prime Shaq, correct?
why are you trying to turn this into a melo vs lebron thread so bad :coleman:

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 02:54 PM
This thread is not about that bro its about scoring in the nba in a game of 5 on 5.The top 3 scorers are lock its the 4th and 5th spots thats tough i would put mvp d rose in over BIG AL but the d rose from last season was no longer a top 5 scorer.
Your criteria is pretty strict yet doesn't really offer any precise explanation on what you're looking for. Like what's the difference between KD breaking down a defense and how Curry scores? Height? We all know they're shooters first.

You saying "This is just about giving someone the ball telling them them to go score here are the best 5 at doing that to me.This is my list no order whats yours?" and not counting for ISOs, efficiency, high PPG, etc just really doesn't make sense to me. It should be about taking everything into consideration...like to me, what I'm really getting from you is that you want to know the best driver/clutch scorer. Anyone who drives or gets the ball in crucial moments are going to get the defense's full attention.

And for Al, he's a good scorer but he's not someone you can just give the ball to. He has to first fight for position and then have someone throw him the ball. He can't do it by himself.

Fudge
07-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Durant
LeBron
Melo
Curry
Westbrook

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 02:55 PM
why are you trying to turn this into a melo vs lebron thread so bad :coleman:
I'm trying to turn this into a discussion about who are the best scorers....

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Your criteria is pretty strict yet doesn't really offer any precise explanation on what you're looking for. Like what's the difference between KD breaking down a defense and how Curry scores? Height? We all know they're shooters first.

You saying "This is just about giving someone the ball telling them them to go score here are the best 5 at doing that to me.This is my list no order whats yours?" and not counting for ISOs, efficiency, high PPG, etc just really doesn't make sense to me. It should be about taking everything into consideration...like to me, what I'm really getting from you is that you want to know the best driver/clutch scorer. Anyone who drives or gets the ball in crucial moments are going to get the defense's full attention.

And for Al, he's a good scorer but he's not someone you can just give the ball to. He has to first fight for position and then have someone throw him the ball. He can't do it by himself.
who are the 5 best scoring against defense like this when everyone is focused on them.Thats what im asking
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1837347/kobe30kpts.gifhttp://i.minus.com/ibuEQZeBVVMa4T.gif

why cant yall tell the difference between these defenses
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3800491/isojoe.gif
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2613013/currywow.gif

When everyone stays home its easier to score

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 03:02 PM

Obviously he's not a great passer like Lebron or Wade who make pick and roll difficult to stop because the defense has to account for the picker getting the ball afterwards.

If you give Melo and Lebron 10 straight possessions to just simply score, I'll put my money on Melo unless Lebron catches fire with his jumper.

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Obviously he's not a great passer like Lebron or Wade who make pick and roll difficult to stop because the defense has to account for the picker getting the ball afterwards.

If you give Melo and Lebron 10 straight possessions to just simply score, I'll put my money on Melo unless Lebron catches fire with his jumper.
:biggums:

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 03:06 PM

Melo can't attack off of a pick and role like LeBron or Durant..he's not explosive enough....

Also please address my points about finishing and the Pau Gasol Shaquille O'neal analogy...even if you believe that the only thing LeBron does better than Melo is driving to the basket that still doesnt disqualify him from being better...being insanely good at 1 thing and not good at other things can sometimes better than being decent at everything

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 03:11 PM
When everyone stays home its easier to score
You think scoring like Curry is easy? You act like all Curry do is jack up threes. I mean he does settle for 3s too much but why not being the shooter that he is?

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/curry1.gif

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Stephen-Curry1.png

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4413311/stephen-curry-o.gif

http://cdn.sneakhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Stephen-Curry-GIFs-5.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibbYECtIWqymE6.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1180709/stephen-curry-fake-o.gif

K Xerxes
07-16-2014, 03:12 PM
There really is no argument for Melo over Lebron as a scorer. They score at a similar rate, but Lebron is FAR more efficient. Those who say that Melo is a more versatile scorer because he can make outside shots is obviously not taking into account that Melo is an awful finisher, regularly residing near the bottom of the league in FG% around the rim. How can someone who can't make layups be considered the best scorer?

Durant is out of the question.

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 03:16 PM
This guy gets it....http://youtu.be/JSIQ0eP4llU?t=18m

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 03:18 PM
You think scoring like Curry is easy? You act like all Curry do is jack up threes. I mean he does settle for 3s too much but why not being the shooter that he is?

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/curry1.gif

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Stephen-Curry1.png

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4413311/stephen-curry-o.gif

http://cdn.sneakhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Stephen-Curry-GIFs-5.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibbYECtIWqymE6.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1180709/stephen-curry-fake-o.gif
I never said it was easy but idk why you dont understand that kobe/lebron scores on 2 or 3 people most plays while steph curry very rarely gets the same treatment people stay home vs him which makes it easier for him to score.They still avg more points than him even though they play vs tougher defenses.Even in the gifs you posted you can just watch he don't get that melo/kobe/lebron defense.

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Melo can't attack off of a pick and role like LeBron or Durant..he's not explosive enough....

Also please address my points about finishing and the Pau Gasol Shaquille O'neal analogy...even if you believe that the only thing LeBron does better than Melo is driving to the basket that still doesnt disqualify him from being better...being insanely good at 1 thing and not good at other things can sometimes better than being decent at everything
And cause his handling isn't as tight as theirs. He shoots off a pick and roll, I get that.

Obviously Pau and Shaq aren't even in the same league like Melo and Lebron. I'm not saying Lebron isn't a great scorer at all. He has his different pool of moves. I put him in top 3 today and people are getting offended? I'm saying his passing ability gives him a boost in scoring which if you want to take that into consideration when talking about strictly scoring, well, that's your own criteria.

Like I said, giving both players the ball 10-15 straight times to just score, I'll bet my money on Melo or better yet, Durant.

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 03:26 PM
I never said it was easy but idk why you dont understand that kobe/lebron scores on 2 or 3 people most plays while steph curry very rarely gets the same treatment people stay home vs him which makes it easier for him to score.They still avg more points than him even though they play vs tougher defenses.Even in the gifs you posted you can just watch he don't get that melo/kobe/lebron defense.
Curry is a POINT GUARD who averages 24/9 and he's only 25 years old. You double him or stack/trap him and he'll find the open man more times than not. If you play uptight on him, he can drive by you. If you play slightly off him, he's going to drain that 3 in your face. He shoots 44% from three for his career! How do you guard him?

Kobe and Lebron don't have to score on 2-3 people if they can shoot like 2 ft away from the 3 point line efficiently and consistently.

Explain to me how Al Jefferson is a better scorer than Curry?

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Curry is a POINT GUARD who averages 24/9 and he's only 25 years old. You double him or stack/trap him and he'll find the open man more times than not. If you play uptight on him, he can drive by you. If you play slightly off him, he's going to drain that 3 in your face. He shoots 44% from three for his career! How do you guard him?

Kobe and Lebron don't have to score on 2-3 people if they can shoot like 2 ft away from the 3 point line efficiently and consistently.

Explain to me how Al Jefferson is a better scorer than Curry?
Him passing is the right play but some people are such good scorers(Melo,Jordan,LeBron,Kobe)they dont need to pass in this scenario.Steph is not in that class but he is a good scorer.Those are the elite of the elite scorers
If Al Jefferson got 1 on 1 coverage all game like steph he would avg 30.

O ya and before you say well Curry is a great passer he is never going to see double / triple teams.LeBron is a great pass and ppl fear him scoring so much HE STILL GETS THE SAME DEFENSE'S AS A KOBE/MELO

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 03:33 PM
And cause his handling isn't as tight as theirs. He shoots off a pick and roll, I get that.
exactly..dude doesn't have the handles or athleticism to attack the basket at an elite level...

Obviously Pau and Shaq aren't even in the same league like Melo and Lebron. I'm not saying Lebron isn't a great scorer at all. He has his different pool of moves. I put him in top 3 today and people are getting offended? I'm saying his passing ability gives him a boost in scoring which if you want to take that into consideration when talking about strictly scoring, well, that's your own criteria

I'm not getting "offended" it's just that you're wrong...melo is by know measure a better scorer than lebron...i'd say he's a better shooter (although not significantly better) but that's it...he's not even better as a post up player anymore...

look at melo's scoring in the playoffs...his efficiency falls off a cliff...

As far as "giving both players the ball 10-15 straight times to just score" i'd take lebron all day..he's much better as a isolation player...

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Him passing is the right play but some people are such good scorers they dont need to pass in this scenario.
If Al Jefferson got 1 on 1 coverage all game like steph he would avg 30.
You can have like 3 players waiting on Curry bringing up the ball and if Curry wants, he can just score by just shooting a long 3.

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 03:38 PM
You can have like 3 players waiting on Curry bringing up the ball and if Curry wants, he can just score by just shooting a long 3.
Thats not breaking down the defense thats just shooting a deep 3 anyone can do that.

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 03:42 PM
KD
Melo
Lebron
Kobe/Curry/Nowitzki
we have like the same list 4 out of 5
i don't get why you hate my Al Jefferson choice so much.Do you watch him play a lot?Who ever guarding MKG doesn't even stick him they just double AL the second he touches the ball and he still scores.
i cant find any gifs on him but this is kind of close http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/839918928.gif?1392861117

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 03:45 PM
exactly..dude doesn't have the handles or athleticism to attack the basket at an elite level...

I'm not getting "offended" it's just that you're wrong...melo is by know measure a better scorer than lebron...i'd say he's a better shooter (although not significantly better) but that's it...he's not even better as a post up player anymore...

look at melo's scoring in the playoffs...his efficiency falls off a cliff...

As far as "giving both players the ball 10-15 straight times to just score" i'd take lebron all day..he's much better as a isolation player...
Just like Lebron doesn't have to do a bunch of fakes to score, Melo doesn't have to finish at the rim at an elite level to score.

I'm gonna repeat it again, Lebron has an easier time scoring because he's such an elite passer.

Lebron is not a better iso player. If he's given the opportunity to just score and nothing else, the only thing he'd be able to do...as a matter a fact, the only thing anybody would be able to do...is rely on their shooting because teams would just pack the paint since passing will not be allowed in this scenario.

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Thats not breaking down the defense thats just shooting a deep 3 anyone can do that.
Lol not anyone can do that. 99.99% of the league can't. I think what you're really talking about is the best drivers or paint scorers because that's where all the traffic is at.

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 03:48 PM
we have like the same list 4 out of 5
i don't get why you hate my Al Jefferson choice so much.Do you watch him play a lot?Who ever guarding MKG doesn't even stick him they just double AL the 2nd he touches the ball and he still scores
i cant find any gifs on him but this is kind of close http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/839918928.gif?1392861117
I don't hate Al Jeff. I love his game and his high-character actually. The Timberwolves were my second favorite team (hometown) after the Heat, so I watched a ton of him in his Wolves years. He can flat out score and has probably the best post game in the league. He's just not in my top 5...probably top 10 though.

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Lol not anyone can do that. 99.99% of the league can't. I think what you're really talking about is the best drivers or paint scorers because that's where all the traffic is at.
no look how everyone on the suns would of helped if he would of drove.You can break down a defense without going to the rim.http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/620749/kobe-insane-shot-over-hill-o.gif
People call kobe/melo selfish for playing like this.People should praise them for being so good @ scoring that 2 or 3 people guarding them doesn't even bother them they pass out sometimes just to keep their teammates happy they really don't even have to.

There are plenty of pictures of kobe shooting over 3 or 4 ppl outside of the paint.The second he gets the ball people don't even worry about the person they are suppose to be guarding they are so terrified of kobe scoring

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Just like Lebron doesn't have to do a bunch of fakes to score, Melo doesn't have to finish at the rim at an elite level to score.

Ability to drive to the rim and finish is significantly more important of a skill than doing "a bunch of fakes".

I'm gonna repeat it again, Lebron has an easier time scoring because he's such an elite passer.

He's a good passer - yes...but you got this backwards - his elite scoring gives him an easier time passing...

and even if it were the case that his passing is making it easier to score would that not make him a better "scorer"? since you know his passing ability is making it easier for him to put the ball in the basket?? How is that different than D Wade having a sick pump fake off the dribble that gets him to the FT line easily? or KD's rip though move? If it helps your scoring it's part of your scoring

Lebron is not a better iso player. If he's given the opportunity to just score and nothing else, the only thing he'd be able to do...as a matter a fact, the only thing anybody would be able to do...is rely on their shooting because teams would just pack the paint since passing will not be allowed in this scenario.
Well we are talking 5 on 5 here...If the defense knows passing is not allowed nobody is scoring 1 on 5 anyways...

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Ability to drive to the rim and finish is significantly more important of a skill than doing "a bunch of fakes".

He's a good passer - yes...but you got this backwards - his elite scoring gives him an easier time passing...

and even if it were the case that his passing is making it easier to score would that not make him a better "scorer"? since you know his passing ability is making it easier for him to put the ball in the basket?? How is that different than D Wade having a sick pump fake off the dribble that gets him to the FT line easily? or KD's rip though move? If it helps your scoring it's part of your scoring

Well we are talking 5 on 5 here...If the defense knows passing is not allowed nobody is scoring 1 on 5 anyways...
haven't been following yall conversation but
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 03:57 PM
no look how everyone on the suns would of helped if he would of drove.You can break down a defense without going to the rim.http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/620749/kobe-insane-shot-over-hill-o.gif

There are plenty of pictures of kobe shooting over 3 or 4 ppl outside of the paint.The second he gets the ball people don't even worry about the person they are suppose to be guarding they are so terrified of kobe scoring
I was talking about shooting a three pointer 2 ft behind the line. No one does it better than Curry. Maybe Durant.

In that gif, Kobe faked the drive so players had to start rotating to help. Natural instincts from the defense.

Anybody who can beat their man off the dribble is going to get help defense coming their way. Rudy Gay:

http://elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/anigif_enhanced-buzz-31288-1351713790-1.gif

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 04:01 PM

I do understand your point about using passing as a part of a scoring arsenal, but to me, I'm not using it in this case. Passing is not the same as a pump fake or a rip-through. Those moves are used to score. Passing is used to assist teammates.

Yes, Lebron's scoring makes his passing easier just like his passing makes his scoring a bit easier. That's why he's the best in the game because he's overall great at every facet of the game. But when it comes to strictly scoring when you have to, I pick Melo slightly above Lebron. We can agree to disagree here.

navy
07-16-2014, 04:02 PM
Scoring is putting the ball in the basket.

Durant
Lebron
Melo
Curry/Harden/Love/Westbrook

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Well, I'm out for now. Nice debating with the two of yall. I'm not really disagreeing with anything it's just that we all define things a bit differently and have different points of emphasis.

Durant, Lebron, and Melo (Kobe too if he comes back healthy and maybe even Wade) are all the best in the game when it comes to scoring.

Mass Debator
07-16-2014, 04:06 PM

Durant
Lebron
Melo
So PPG leaders?

Im so nba'd out
07-16-2014, 04:11 PM

Durant
Lebron
Melo
ok so ryan anderson is a better scorer than cp3.....he averaged more points than him so he's the better scorer by your logic.

LA Lakers
07-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Just one quick word about the premise, just cuz you're a great scorer doesn't mean that teams are gonna trap you constantly. Yes, everyones eyes will always be on you, but you cant trap one guy for 48 minutes straight. Just not realistic. And some teams don't have a trap game. Just ask Toronto when they let Kobe light them up for 81 points. With that said, Kevin Durant is the best scorer in the game right now. Everyone else is just opinion.

Smook A.
07-16-2014, 05:12 PM
No order

Durant
LeBron
Carmelo
Kobe
Curry

MellowYellow
07-16-2014, 05:47 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/35211/opening-tip-melo-in-pick-and-rolls

RoundMoundOfReb
07-16-2014, 05:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/35211/opening-tip-melo-in-pick-and-rolls

1. I was speaking relative to James/Durant

2. Melo is significantly worse than them at it...much less points per play on a lower volume...

MellowYellow
07-16-2014, 06:10 PM
1. I was speaking relative to James/Durant

2. Melo is significantly worse than them at it...much less points per play on a lower volume...

Well based on what you said that is not how I interpreted what you said.