PDA

View Full Version : Dejuan Blair Signs with Washington

hipballinjigga
07-16-2014, 09:07 PM
Not sure if posted anywhere but logged onto Woj Twitter to see this:

[QUOTE]Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

bagelred
07-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Now that is weird. I just hit the site and saw the Blair news, and I was like "no one created a thread on this news from hours ago?" and just as i was about to create the thread, yours appeared.

Das weird. :wtf:

no pun intended
07-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Obtaining Humphries and Blair > Losing Booker

hipballinjigga
07-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Now that is weird. I just hit the site and saw the Blair news, and I was like "no one created a thread on this news from hours ago?" and just as i was about to create the thread, yours appeared.

Das weird. :wtf:

Then you had the same reaction as me of: holy hell, noone cares about Blair. haha

But really I was shocked this news was not posted.

Washington is looking deadly.

bagelred
07-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Then you had the same reaction as me of: holy hell, noone cares about Blair. haha

But really I was shocked this news was not posted.

Washington is looking deadly.

Blair's threads were missing, just like his ACL's......rimshot........:roll:

Magic731
07-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Washington creating a very nice team. Addressed their number one issue from last season, depth. I'd be excited if I was a Wizards fan.

hipballinjigga
07-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Blair's threads were missing, just like his ACL's......rimshot........:roll:

well played. well played. :applause:

Rubio2Gasol
07-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Kinda amazing that if this guy doesn't get unfairly suspened in the first round, Spurs might have lost the series.

Anyway, not sure what to make of it. Washington is sacrificing alot of what Wall is able to do in the open court by creating a half court oriented team,

ProfessorMurder
07-16-2014, 09:21 PM
4 quality bigs, plus probably bringing Gooden back. Maybe the second best big rotation in the East.

Rubio2Gasol
07-16-2014, 09:24 PM
4 quality bigs, plus probably bringing Gooden back. Maybe the best big rotation in the East.

:kobe:

jbryan1984
07-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Wizards looking good. Great to see another franchise rising up. East is looking a little more competitive again

ProfessorMurder
07-16-2014, 09:32 PM

Forgot about the Bulls.

ILLsmak
07-16-2014, 10:00 PM

lol that shit always makes me laugh.

-Smak

coin24
07-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Damn wizards looking good..

-Smak

hipballinjigga
07-16-2014, 10:26 PM
I am curious as to why he would leave Dallas. I know they brought in Chandler and Sam is still there. But he played himself into the rotation and would probably get minutes on a really good looking Dallas team.

I understand that Washington is going to be good as well but this doesn't make since from a basketball standpoint....it looks like a last grab at money.

Jailblazers7
07-16-2014, 10:31 PM
I am curious as to why he would leave Dallas. I know they brought in Chandler and Sam is still there. But he played himself into the rotation and would probably get minutes on a really good looking Dallas team.

I understand that Washington is going to be good as well but this doesn't make since from a basketball standpoint....it looks like a last grab at money.

A guy like Blair needs to take the money and run. Situation and fit comes secondary. He played on a min contract last year.

Relinquish
07-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Obtaining Humphries and Blair > Losing Booker

And both were for less money per year than what Booker signed for, all while having 3rd year team options in case getting Durant is a possibility. :applause:

Relinquish
07-16-2014, 11:12 PM
4 quality bigs, plus probably bringing Gooden back. Maybe the second best big rotation in the East.

They re-signed Gooden to a 1 year deal for the minimum.

Demitri98
07-16-2014, 11:37 PM
Wizards will make the Finals this season.

book it

ProfessorMurder
07-16-2014, 11:41 PM
They re-signed Gooden to a 1 year deal for the minimum.

Good. I knew they wanted too but hadn't heard that.

boozehound
07-16-2014, 11:55 PM

Didnt they trade sammy d for chandler?

GimmeThat
07-17-2014, 12:05 AM
him and Perkins would have made such a unique front court though

Bird
07-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Didnt they trade sammy d for chandler?

Yes, yes they did.

Blair would have been the back up to Tyson. Easily better than Greg Smith.

Disappointed the Mavs didn't get him back. I think he is a pretty good fit in Washington. Going to aggravate the shit out of all the front courts out East now.

GabeIsGone
07-17-2014, 04:12 AM
As a Spurs fan I am absolutely shocked right now at all the love for this ****ing guy. I absolutely hated him while he played for us. He is a walking turn-style on defense. Was a beast his first season in the league then got worse in almost every way from then on. Only thing he developed was his teardrop, but lost his rebounding, hustle/motor, and any post game he had. Is like 6'6" but HAS to play C because he has no lateral ability, no jumpshot, and is a fatass.

Google DeJaun Blair Captain Crunch Rap. Enough said, guy is a joke who never took anything seriously.

Do people really think he's good? There is a reason nobody offered him more than the minimum when he left the Spurs.

stevieming
07-17-2014, 04:23 AM
Yes, yes they did.

Disappointed the Mavs didn't get him back. I think he is a pretty good fit in Washington. Going to aggravate the shit out of all the front courts out East now.

well Greg was injured, don't know if he has recovered. I am surprised @

East_Stone_Ya
07-17-2014, 06:34 AM
pointless signing imo

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Yes, yes they did.

I'm pretty pissed about our summer to be honest.

Blair goes for 2 million a year. Ed Davis goes for the minimum.

We couldn't squeeze one of them in with Dirk taking ****ing 8 million a year essentially?

Really really bad in my opinion. And we still haven't gotten the next guard we badly need as well.

Chandler Parsons better be an all star next year and borderline all nba player for this to make sense.

We could have signed Thomas, Ariza, and Ed Davis for the price of Parsons. And then we could have gotten creative. We could have salary dumped Felton, Wright, and a 2nd round pick to the Sixers...and then could have brought back Blair and Carter...with a little cap room left over and our mini exception as well. Or we could have gone after Thad Young with a package like that as well.

So many options. We let truly great values slip through our fingers. We got better, but I give our summer a B...we had a chance to get an A plus.

SCdac
07-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Dejuan Blair stays making history. Showing the world you don't need ACL's to be a relatively successful pro ball player! Derrick Rose should loath this guy :oldlol:

Levity
07-17-2014, 01:35 PM
didnt blair and wall have a nice little connection during their rookie game allstar weekend? or maybe im thinking of someone else

stevieming
07-17-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty pissed about our summer to be honest.

Blair goes for 2 million a year. Ed Davis goes for the minimum.

We couldn't squeeze one of them in with Dirk taking ****ing 8 million a year essentially?

Really really bad in my opinion. And we still haven't gotten the next guard we badly need as well.

Chandler Parsons better be an all star next year and borderline all nba player for this to make sense.

We could have signed Thomas, Ariza, and Ed Davis for the price of Parsons. And then we could have gotten creative. We could have salary dumped Felton, Wright, and a 2nd round pick to the Sixers...and then could have brought back Blair and Carter...with a little cap room left over and our mini exception as well. Or we could have gone after Thad Young with a package like that as well.

So many options. We let truly great values slip through our fingers. We got better, but I give our summer a B...we had a chance to get an A plus.

I agree with you....but hind sight dude, that's every right move with what you just described...

but I am surprised they're going with Harris and Felton....to me PG for Dallas is weak...Thomas would have been great. Ed Davis is good for a gamble.

Personally B Wright kept is not too bad....Carter was great, but I think it's good to let him go now. Parsons better be a stud!!

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 02:52 PM
I agree with you....but hind sight dude, that's every right move with what you just described...

but I am surprised they're going with Harris and Felton....to me PG for Dallas is weak...Thomas would have been great. Ed Davis is good for a gamble.

Personally B Wright kept is not too bad....Carter was great, but I think it's good to let him go now. Parsons better be a stud!!

Not really.

I was calling for all that before any of this happened. Even worse, I was calling for it to happen before I knew Thomas and Ariza and Davis could have been had that cheap.

It is the job of the front office to find value out there. The Mavs knew Thomas would sign for less than 7 if we offered 4 years. They knew we could get Ariza at around 32 million...as long as we went 4 years. You really think they didn't know that? Of course they did...they just obviously valued Parsons way higher than all those guys.

So that is where issue will be. If Parsons is that guy they think he is...then they are right and I'm wrong. However, even if he is...I still think my team would be better over the next 3 to 4 years...unless he just legit turns into a top 15 player in the league.

WTFdidNBAbigsGO
07-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Wall/Miller
Beal/Webster/Rice Jr.
THE TRUTH/Otto Porter Jr.
Nene/Blair/Gooden?
Gortat/Humphries

got dam mane, thats top 5 in the shi tty east. still not a playoff squad in west thoooo

stevieming
07-18-2014, 04:37 AM
Not really.

I was calling for all that before any of this happened. Even worse, I was calling for it to happen before I knew Thomas and Ariza and Davis could have been had that cheap.

It is the job of the front office to find value out there. The Mavs knew Thomas would sign for less than 7 if we offered 4 years. They knew we could get Ariza at around 32 million...as long as we went 4 years. You really think they didn't know that? Of course they did...they just obviously valued Parsons way higher than all those guys.

So that is where issue will be. If Parsons is that guy they think he is...then they are right and I'm wrong. However, even if he is...I still think my team would be better over the next 3 to 4 years...unless he just legit turns into a top 15 player in the league.

alright dmav! :bowdown:

let's see if your evaluation is any good going forward....

I'm gonna put my money on parsons stock rising, and ariza's going down....significantly!!

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 11:54 AM
alright dmav! :bowdown:

let's see if your evaluation is any good going forward....

I'm gonna put my money on parsons stock rising, and ariza's going down....significantly!!

I hope I'm wrong on this.

It also will really depend on who we get with the mini mid level. If we land Jameer Nelson...our team is going to be straight up awesome if healthy. Just for fun...lets assume we get Jameer. Here are the two rosters;

Harris/Jameer/Mekel
Ellis/Felton/Ledo
Parsons/Crowder/Jefferson
Dirk/Wright/Lewis
Chandler/Smith

vs.

Thomas/Harris/Mekel
Ellis/Felton/Ledo
Ariza/Crowder/Jefferson
Dirk/Wright/Lewis
Chandler/Davis/Smith

In the 2nd team we'd still have the mini mid level as well I think. I think a guy like Wesley Johnson would be a good fit above because he could play sg and sf.

If Parsons is as good as you and the Mavs think...then I'll likely be wrong. Although...I don't see how Parsons gets his defense to the Ariza level. I don't see much reason to think Ariza won't be able to defend, rebound, and shoot 3's at a pretty elite level on this Mavs team. It's pretty much perfect for him.

Outside of that, the other big thing is who the Mavs get with the mini mid level now. Like I said above, if it's Jameer or Mo...we could be really scary. We have to get it done though. This is huge in my opinion...we can't play Felton over 25 minutes a game. We need to keep him around 18 or under.