PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron a failure if he doesn't win a ring in 2 years?

Kidbasketball20
07-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Yes.

moe94
07-16-2014, 09:46 PM
I honestly don't even know why he gets up in the morning. What a loser!

K Xerxes
07-16-2014, 09:51 PM
He earns more money in a few weeks than you will in your life. If he is a failure, what the hell are you?

Nowitness
07-16-2014, 09:52 PM
He already is. He will never reach GOAT level like Kobe.

navy
07-16-2014, 09:52 PM
Didnt Lebron say it will take longer than 2010? That was a two year process...

ILLsmak
07-16-2014, 09:57 PM
He earns more money in a few weeks than you will in your life. If he is a failure, what the hell are you?

LeBron's life is his baseline. In this situation, he has gone to Cleveland and signed a 2 year contract. He isn't in a great situation for winning, but he's in a pretty damn good one. It's very possible that he could win. Do you think LeBron would be able to say, after not winning a ring in 2 years... "I did not fail."

I am betting he could not. Saying shit like "My life > yours" after failing just proves you are salty and did indeed fail. We, as humans, set goals. Do you think LeBron thinks the big 3 was a failure? I absolutely think he does. He might be able to get some level of happiness out of it, but I'm sure he feels something was left on the table.

Also, the more capable the person, the higher their standards are. When they know what is possible... for instance, Bron knows it is possible they could have won 4 in a row. Just like he knows they will have a chance, in my mind, to contend for a ring THIS YEAR. And next year they will be even better. So, yeah probably...

Rather, he won't be a failure... but he will have failed.

-Smak

SouBeachTalents
07-16-2014, 09:59 PM
LeBron's life is his baseline. In this situation, he has gone to Cleveland and signed a 2 year contract. He isn't in a great situation for winning, but he's in a pretty damn good one. It's very possible that he could win. Do you think LeBron would be able to say, after not winning a ring in 2 years... "I did not fail."

I am betting he could not. Saying shit like "My life > yours" after failing just proves you are salty and did indeed fail. We, as humans, set goals. Do you think LeBron thinks the big 3 was a failure? I absolutely think he does. He might be able to get some level of happiness out of it, but I'm sure he feels something was left on the table.

Also, the more capable the person, the higher their standards are. When they know what is possible... for instance, Bron knows it is possible they could have won 4 in a row. Just like he knows they will have a chance, in my mind, to contend for a ring THIS YEAR. And next year they will be even better. So, yeah probably...

Rather, he won't be a failure... but he will have failed.

-Smak

I disagree with that completely. If he has even an average performance in the 2011 Finals the Big 3 have a 3peat. What more could he ask for?

Ai2death
07-16-2014, 10:02 PM
With as many no 1 picks on one team that Cleveland have, he should win, no excuses

moe94
07-16-2014, 10:03 PM
With as many no 1 picks on one team that Cleveland have, he should win, no excuses

Silly argument. The fact that they're number 1 picks inherently means they should become great players? Oh, and he's at fault if they don't?

Jameerthefear
07-16-2014, 10:04 PM
moe with the voice of reason shit again :rolleyes: will this guy just stop

beastee
07-16-2014, 10:06 PM
I'd say yes, but Lebron stated in his letter that he is not guaranteeing a championship...with that type of beta personality, I can't really expect him to exceed his promise, can I?

Spurs5Rings2014
07-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Didnt Lebron say it will take longer than 2010? That was a two year process...

Just enough time for Spurs to 3peat.

:rockon:

mark
07-16-2014, 10:20 PM
I disagree with that completely. If he has even an average performance in the 2011 Finals the Big 3 have a 3peat. What more could he ask for?

Right now Kyrie >>>> D Wade so we'll see. LBJ the band wagoner

kennethgriffin
07-16-2014, 10:21 PM
he's already an admitted failure

he took his ball and went home

fpliii
07-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Depends entirely on his level of play.

navy
07-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Just enough time for Spurs to 3peat.

:rockon:
Spurs repeating? :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
07-16-2014, 10:23 PM
How does a man earn hundreds of millions, 4 MVPs, lead his team to two championships and yet have people that allegedly follow basketball call him a "failure?"

Ai2death
07-16-2014, 10:36 PM
Silly argument. The fact that they're number 1 picks inherently means they should become great players? Oh, and he's at fault if they don't?

Every single person puts a large weight of responsibility on no 1 picks to be good.
Also, they will be learning from the best player in the world so why shouldn't they become better?

Lord Bean
07-16-2014, 10:38 PM
He is already failure. He has had the stacked team of NBA history and lost 2 times to grandparents. Anything he does from now on is damage control of the highest order.

moe94
07-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Every single person puts a large weight of responsibility on no 1 picks to be good.
Also, they will be learning from the best player in the world so why shouldn't they become better?

So Jordan is a failure because Kwame was trash, correct?

Papaya Petee
07-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Right now Kyrie >>>> D Wade so we'll see. LBJ the band wagoner
People keep saying this but please enlighten me on this bullshit. Wade is a 20/5/5 on 55% player as a 2nd option while I dont know the stats from the top of my head but Kyrie chucked to something like 22/6/4 on 43% as a first option? Being almost as injury prone as Wade
So how the **** is he ">>>>>>>>" ?

Ai2death
07-16-2014, 10:46 PM
So Jordan is a failure because Kwame was trash, correct?

:facepalm Jordan certainly made a bad pick, but that doesn't reflect on him as a player, Kwame was trash for a no 1 pick but he was still a serviceable big man

moe94
07-16-2014, 10:50 PM
:facepalm Jordan certainly made a bad pick, but that doesn't reflect on him as a player, Kwame was trash for a no 1 pick but he was still a serviceable big man

Jordan played with Kwame. Why didn't he make him better. He was a number 1 pick, after all. I thought Jordan was the GOAT. His mind was still there. Should have made Kwame into a monster. :confusedshrug:

It's almost like you cannot see I'm using your own arguments.

AintNoSunshine
07-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Dude came from a single parent family in the lower end of society became the 1% percentile of all human population. There is nothing he can do to make himself a failure, you on the other hand...

LAZERUSS
07-16-2014, 11:02 PM
How does a man earn hundreds of millions, 4 MVPs, lead his team to two championships and yet have people that allegedly follow basketball call him a "failure?"

:applause:

Ai2death
07-16-2014, 11:07 PM
Jordan played with Kwame. Why didn't he make him better. He was a number 1 pick, after all. I thought Jordan was the GOAT. His mind was still there. Should have made Kwame into a monster. :confusedshrug:

It's almost like you cannot see I'm using your own arguments.

Not really, you skewing what i am trying to say. Ish has really been on a downward spiral as of late with every Tom, Dick & Harry taking every word to the very dictionary definition. No doubt i will hear some argument from you regarding this point to.

Basically, all i am trying to say, that if Lebron and this Cavs team don't manage to win, or at least make it to the Finals will be looked back at as a short coming (Failure is a bit extreme but it will certainly be disappointing.) The same way that the Shaq & Kobe Lakers didn't win more rings.