PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant wins Best Male Athlete

Demitri98
07-16-2014, 11:31 PM
NBA ‏@NBA 45s
Congrats to @KDTrey5 of the @okcthunder... voted "Best Male Athlete" at the #ESPYs! pic.twitter.com/nv0kLejOBs

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bst0Y2HIYAAGgra.jpg:large..

J Shuttlesworth
07-16-2014, 11:33 PM
That speech was short as ****. lol @ "keep your eyes off my girl" though :roll:

Demitri98
07-16-2014, 11:33 PM
That speech was short as ****. lol @ "keep your eyes off my girl" though :roll:
Got me too :lol

J Shuttlesworth
07-16-2014, 11:39 PM
Spurs didn't get best team :roll: :roll: :wtf:

Cocaine80s
07-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Shouldve gone to Kawhi

bballnoob1192
07-17-2014, 12:06 AM
well the seahawks did rape the broncos as hard or harder than the spurs raped the heatles so yea. plus football is bigger. plus comon its the spurs :facepalm

J Shuttlesworth
07-17-2014, 12:17 AM
well the seahawks did rape the broncos as hard or harder than the spurs raped the heatles so yea. plus football is bigger. plus comon its the spurs :facepalm
The spurs were the perfect example of a team effort winning a championship. There was no clear FMVP. It was all great coaching and teamwork. That deserved to win team of the year, but of course since they aren't as "flashy" as the Hawks, they won't get it.

Beastmode88
07-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Shouldve gone to Kawhi

didnt do much in the regular season.

navy
07-17-2014, 12:18 AM
The spurs were the perfect example of a team effort winning a championship. There was no clear FMVP. It was all great coaching and teamwork. That deserved to win team of the year, but of course since they aren't as "flashy" as the Hawks, they won't get it.
The Seahawks were the same....

KG215
07-17-2014, 12:19 AM
Meh...the Seahawks were a damn good team. Russell Wilson is a very good young QB but he wasn't the type that carried his team to a win, meaning they didn't need a superstar QB in the prime of his career to carry them and they had an all-time great defense and just absolutely dominated a record breaking offense in the Super Bowl. I don't think you could've beeen wrong giving it to the Seahawks or Spurs.

Sort of surprised Durant won best Male Athlete and Best NBA Player since fan voting determines the vote. I assumed Manning would win Best Male Athlete and LeBron would win Best NBA Player simply because I think they're more popular -- and they're deserving to an extent, too, but so was Durant. I think I do underestimate Durant's popularity, though.

J Shuttlesworth
07-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Sort of surprised Durant won best Male Athlete and Best NBA Player since fan voting determines the vote. I assumed Manning would win Best Male Athlete and LeBron would win Best NBA Player simply because I think they're more popular -- and they're deserving to an extent, too, but so was Durant. I think I do underestimate Durant's popularity, though.
Was LeBron even at the award show? I didn't watch much of it, but I didn't see him

SouBeachTalents
07-17-2014, 12:26 AM
ESPY award > any amount of rings

KG215
07-17-2014, 12:31 AM
Was LeBron even at the award show? I didn't watch much of it, but I didn't see him
No clue, I didn't watch.

NumberSix
07-17-2014, 12:55 AM
Is there a Christmas Espy?