PDA

View Full Version : SAC/DET resume trade talks for Josh Smith. Looking for a 3rd team

Levity
07-17-2014, 12:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11226217/detroit-pistons-sacramento-kings-resume-josh-smith-trade-talk

The Detroit Pistons and the Sacramento Kings have resumed trade discussions on a deal that could send Josh Smith to Sacramento, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

Sources told ESPN.com the Kings have continued to express interest in Smith and the parties are on the hunt for a third team that could help facilitate the deal.

SVG is also on record stating hes not guaranteeing smith that he'll keep him on the team, which makes this report that much more legit. Dont know what DET is asking for smith, but its also been reported that SVG wants to get "value" back for him

QuebecBaller
07-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Jason Thompson have to be a part of the deal. He would be a good backup for Monroe and Drummond

The other part of the deal, must be a starting SF

qrich
07-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Gay for Smith.

Clippers join in as the third team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=njn896z

hawksdogsbraves
07-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Surely SVG doesn't really expect value back for Smith. Getting that contract off the books is as much as he could ask for.

navy
07-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Kings are dumb as fvck. Holy shit they never quit.

Levity
07-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Kings are dumb as fvck. Holy shit they never quit.

its an expensive contract to take on, yes. but they desperately need someone who can defend and block shots at the 4. if they kept rudy long term too, hopefully his next contract would be reasonable. but again, smith could be a pretty good fit next to cousins.

gasolina
07-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Surely SVG doesn't really expect value back for Smith. Getting that contract off the books is as much as he could ask for.
He wants to get as much as he can from the Kings, who're still looking for an athletic shot blocking strech 4. I can just image Smith salivating at the notion.

The original deal was for Thompson, Williams, and Terry. Williams and Terry are expirers, but Thompson has some years to go. Although Thompson might be ok Pistons have no size off the bench.

navy
07-17-2014, 01:20 PM
its an expensive contract to take on, yes. but they desperately need someone who can defend and block shots at the 4. if they kept rudy long term too, hopefully his next contract would be reasonable. but again, smith could be a pretty good fit next to cousins.
They need to hire a no nonsense coach. Rudy Gay, Cousins and Smith would be a good squad if they had their head on straight. They dont. Nothing but chuckers and knuckle heads though.

Miles and Miles
07-17-2014, 03:49 PM
He wants to get as much as he can from the Kings, who're still looking for an athletic shot blocking strech 4. I can just image Smith salivating at the notion.

The original deal was for Thompson, Williams, and Terry. Williams and Terry are expirers, but Thompson has some years to go. Although Thompson might be ok Pistons have no size off the bench.

Makes the Kings better and not worse that's for sure. Lose nothing and gain Josh Smith.

hawksdogsbraves
07-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Makes the Kings better and not worse that's for sure. Lose nothing and gain Josh Smith.

Does it though? Smith straight up made the Pistons worse last year...

HomieWeMajor
07-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Can NBA teams trade with Euroleague ?

avonbarksdale
07-17-2014, 03:54 PM
gay and smith oh god like 50 shots a game between those 2

Levity
07-17-2014, 03:55 PM

hes better suited at PF. the bigs on DET forced him out of his comfort zone.

hawkfan
07-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Thompson and Landry for Smith.
This doesn't screw up the Kings cap situation too badly.
Pistons get two rotation players.

Miles and Miles
07-17-2014, 03:58 PM

I'm willing to take that risk. JT gives us nothing and Williams stinks off the bench. Kings have gotten no better this offseason. In my opinion they have actually gotten worse which is hard to do.

hawkfan
07-17-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm willing to take that risk. JT gives us nothing and Williams stinks off the bench. Kings have gotten no better this offseason. In my opinion they have actually gotten worse which is hard to do.

Terry to Knicks for JR Smith.

JR
Josh
Rudy
DeMarcus
Ben

jayfan
07-17-2014, 04:07 PM
hes better suited at PF. the bigs on DET forced him out of his comfort zone.

They didn't force him out of his comfort zone. They fed into his comfort zone, unfortunately. Josh Smith would float out on the perimeter and jack 3's all day if you let him. He's like a poor man's Sheed. The forcing comes when you make him play down low like an actual big.

Levity
07-17-2014, 04:43 PM
They didn't force him out of his comfort zone. They fed into his comfort zone, unfortunately. Josh Smith would float out on the perimeter and jack 3's all day if you let him. He's like a poor man's Sheed. The forcing comes when you make him play down low like an actual big.

very true. i guess i should have said, kept him out of his "efficient" spots due to the roster makeup