PDA

View Full Version : Suns Offer Bledsoe 4 Years/$48 Million, Bledsoe Wants Max 5 years/$80 Million

Meticode
07-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Marc SteinVerified account
‏@ESPNSteinLine
RT @Chris_Broussard: Sources: Suns offered Eric Bledsoe 4-year, $48 million contract. Bledsoe wants max of 5 years, $80 mil. Sides far apart

Holy ****.

Droid101
07-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Yeahh... that's a bullshit offer. He could get that next year from any number of teams.

navy
07-17-2014, 06:34 PM
I say he plays this year and sees what happens.

TheReal Kendall
Bledsoe isn't worth max.

qrich
Yeahh... that's a bullshit offer. He could get that next year from any number of teams.

We agree on something :eek:

If I'm Bleds, I ask for a 3 year max, at the least, with a player option for year three. Opt out after two seasons when the expected CBA changes will arise.

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Holy shit!

Why weren't other teams going in on Bledose???????

What the **** are half of these teams doing?

Where the **** were the Lakers?

navy
07-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Holy shit!

Why weren't other teams going in on Bledose???????

What the **** are half of these teams doing?

Where the **** were the Lakers?
Holy shit the Lakers fcked up. :eek:

Jameerthefear
07-17-2014, 06:38 PM
****ing... Orlando throw something at him. Do we even have the cash now?

qrich
07-17-2014, 06:39 PM

After Frye and Gordon, don't have enough to do so.

Still, with Payton/Oladipo holding down the guard spots, Orlando should have focused on finding a mate next to Nikola this summer, instead of seemingly heading into a limbo situation.

SwishSquared
07-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Didn't LAC offer Orlando Bledsoe + Butler for Affalo + pick last summer? Curious if that's what the offer was.

AnaheimLakers24
07-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Holy shit the Lakers fcked up. :eek:
heat have chalmers. heat fuc.ked up :eek:
mavs have felton. mavs fuc.ked up :eek:
rockets have beverly. rockets fuc.ked up :eek:
orlando has... idk but they fuc.ked up :eek:

lakers arent the only ones that missed out homo

Jameerthefear
After Frye and Gordon, don't have enough to do so.

Still, with Payton/Oladipo holding down the guard spots, Orlando should have focused on finding a mate next to Nikola this summer, instead of seemingly heading into a limbo situation.
what
do you mean a center?

Jameerthefear
Didn't LAC offer Orlando Bledsoe + Butler for Affalo + pick last summer? Curious if that's what the offer was.
yup. sterling veto'd it. it was so close to going down :cry:

qrich

We did, and not sure on the full offer, but terms were agreed too until Sterling nixed the trade.

Smook A.
07-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Why do all these good role players just want a god damn max all of a sudden

Rocketswin2013
07-17-2014, 06:42 PM
So, is Phoenix willing to let him walk for nothing through a qualifying offer? Or will they attempt some S&T? If so, Morey should try and get him.

navy
07-17-2014, 06:43 PM

Heat cant afford him.
Mavs fvcked up.
Rockets fvcked up.
Orlando is still rebuilding.

(e)
I want the max too.

Meticode
Bledsoe isn't worth max.
He isn't, but unfortunately Irving has set the market for point guards that get around that amount of production, which in this case is the max. Although Irving still has untapped potential, if he stayed in college 4 years he would've been in the 2014 draft. Still incredibly young.

qrich
So, is Phoenix willing to let him walk for nothing through a qualifying offer? Or will they attempt some S&T? If so, Morey should try and get him.

And what pieces does Houston have to try to snag him?

christian1923
Who wouldn't want a lot of money? Bittches love that

Rocketswin2013
07-17-2014, 06:45 PM
And what pieces does Houston have to try to snag him?
Jones, the Pelicans pick and probably garbage. How much leverage does Phoenix have?

Smook A.
07-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Would love to have Bledsoe.

SwishSquared
07-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Jones, the Pelicans pick and probably garbage. How much leverage does Phoenix have?
If they pull that off, it almost salvages their summer. Still have almost nothing at PF though, right?

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 06:49 PM

Very little if there is a team willing to offer him more than they want to pay.

Jones, Troy Daniels, and the Pels pick is pretty nice if they don't want to keep him anyway.

BigTicket
07-17-2014, 06:50 PM
In a league where Hayward just got $63M, Bledsoe is definitely getting more than $48M.

Guess the Suns are heading towards a S&T, and that's why they got Thomas.

SwishSquared
07-17-2014, 06:56 PM
If Rox get him via S&T then they can use the full MLE right? McBob would have been a pretty nice fit actually. Any attainable stretch 4s left? Tolliver was signed by Phoenix (would have been a cheap, nice option for Rockets, too).

qrich
07-17-2014, 06:57 PM
If Rox get him via S&T then they can use the full MLE right? McBob would have been a pretty nice fit actually. Any attainable stretch 4s left? Tolliver was signed by Phoenix (would have been a cheap, nice option for Rockets, too).

http://lesterslegends.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Byron-Mullens.jpg

SwishSquared
07-17-2014, 07:02 PM
http://lesterslegends.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Byron-Mullens.jpg
ROFL. If they timed this better, they could have completed a potential S&T for Bledsoe then used MLE to sign Tolliver. That's not an awful starting 5:

Bledsoe-Harden-Ariza-Tolliver-Howard

I.Malcolm
07-17-2014, 07:10 PM
So Bledsoe had 1/2 of a great season last year, shortened due to injury, and is now looking for max money? Anyone think he's actually gonna get it? That seems wild.

bdreason
07-17-2014, 07:30 PM
5y 80m ?!?

:oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
07-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Let him walk.

Can the Pacers afford him ? If they do, they can actually vault themselves back into being one of the best teams in the East. Completely negates the Stephenson loss. The only negative is that you hope he doesn't injure himself.

ihatetimthomas
07-17-2014, 07:44 PM
We agree on something :eek:

If I'm Bleds, I ask for a 3 year max, at the least, with a player option for year three. Opt out after two seasons when the expected CBA changes will arise.

Unless your name is lebron james or kevin durant, nothing is really guaranteed. For Bledsoe, this might be his only chance to get a max deal if he doesn't live up to the contract. It makes sense for guys like him to want to get the maximum amount of guaranteed money.

navy
07-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Let him walk.

Can the Pacers afford him ? If they do, they can actually vault themselves back into being one of the best teams in the East. Completely negates the Stephenson loss. The only negative is that you hope he doesn't injure himself.
They need to trade for him.

blackification
07-17-2014, 08:15 PM
No one can pay him anything the suns can't match.

The rockets can only pay him 12 for 4 for 48 which the suns will match instantly. Why would they do a sign and trade?

Phoenix has all the leverage and Bledsoe has none. His agent ****ed him over because he spent the part of the off season where people like Bledsoe get overpaid jerking Lebron around. Now no one has any money to pay Bledsoe except the suns.

BlazerRed
07-17-2014, 08:17 PM
No way in hell is Bledsoe worth Westbrook money :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

16 mil? **** outta here Bledsoe. Good player, but seriously? 16m? :facepalm

JohnFreeman
07-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Come to SAC

LoneyROY7
07-17-2014, 09:02 PM

He averaged 18, 5, and 5 as a PG playing alongside another high usage guard in Dragic. He's certainly not a role player.

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 09:04 PM
He averaged 18, 5, and 5 as a PG playing alongside another high usage guard in Dragic. He's certainly not a role player.

I think he averaged 6 assists...

And he's also the best defensive pg in the league in my opinion.

I'd rather give him 14 million a year than pay Parsons 15.5...

I don't think it could happen because of the trade rules, but I'd definitely trade Felton/Parsons for Bledose/Tucker

Im so nba'd out
07-17-2014, 09:05 PM
True but he is not worth the max in a league stacked full of good pgs.

LoneyROY7

Agreed.

Smook A.
Just read that the Bucks, Rockets & Kings are interested in him

LoneyROY7
07-17-2014, 09:08 PM
Wow, if the Bucks could grab Bledsoe that would be amazing. They'd be putting together one sexy team.

PG Bledsoe
SG Knight/Mayo
SF Giannis
PF Parker
C Sanders/Henson

They could be the Suns of last year record-wise, but with way more potential.

navy
07-17-2014, 09:09 PM

:biggums:

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 09:10 PM

Who is better?

LoneyROY7
07-17-2014, 09:10 PM

Who's better? Rondo maybe when healthy. Westbrook isn't consistent enough.

navy
07-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Mind naming some games where he showed this?

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:12 PM
5 yr/80 MM for a dude who will never make an all star team? Laughable.

Im so nba'd out
07-17-2014, 09:14 PM
wonder who is actually gonna give him the max rofl something tells me the kings are going to over pay for this dude :facepalm

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:14 PM

I don't think it could happen because of the trade rules, but I'd definitely trade Felton/Parsons for Bledose/Tucker

No, Bledsoe sucks at on the ball defense, and thats most important at his position. Dragic is the better defender.

PHX needs to let him walk and focus instead on getting an elite bigman to pair with Dragic.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Heat cant afford him.
Mavs fvcked up.
Rockets fvcked up.
Orlando is still rebuilding.

No, Dallas need a pure pass first PG. Someone like Calderon.

Taller than CP3
07-17-2014, 09:18 PM
If we get rid of Bledsoe, which big man can we go after besides Love?

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 09:18 PM
No, Bledsoe sucks at on the ball defense, and thats most important at his position. Dragic is the better defender.

PHX needs to let him walk and focus instead on getting an elite bigman to pair with Dragic.

You have no ****ing clue what you are talking about.

Holy shit...

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 09:21 PM
No, Dallas need a pure pass first PG. Someone like Calderon.

Nah...we really don't actually. Bledsoe would be perfect. He can make 3's and he can create his own offense....and he's an elite defender.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:22 PM
You have no ****ing clue what you are talking about.

Holy shit...

No, I actually have watched him quite a bit. His defense is similar to lebron's, great help defender and in the passing lines, but shitty man to man ability.

Just ask any of the Suns fans on here.

LoneyROY7
07-17-2014, 09:22 PM
Mind naming some games where he showed this?

Couldn't find any good video, but here are some numbers:

The Suns defense was 5 points better per 100 with Bledsoe on court, putting the Suns at 100.5 a game and a top 5 defense.

He also was the only guard to rank in the top 34 of defensive RPM at 16th best.

To put it simply, he's an elite defender.

LoneyROY7
07-17-2014, 09:23 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Bledsoe is a fantastic on ball defender.

navy
07-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Couldn't find any good video, but here are some numbers:

The Suns defense was 5 points better per 100 with Bledsoe on court, putting the Suns at 100.5 a game and a top 5 defense.

He also was the only guard to rank in the top 34 of defensive RPM at 16th best.

To put it simply, he's an elite defender.
I said games....

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Nah...we really don't actually. Bledsoe would be perfect. He can make 3's and he can create his own offense....and he's an elite defender.

They already have Monta who is a better player and statistically gets to the basket more than anyone else in the entire NBA---a steady pass first PG with good defense is whats needed...Parsons, Dirk, and Monta will easily score enough and consistently.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:24 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Bledsoe is a fantastic on ball defender.

No he isn't. He's terrible on the ball.

LoneyROY7
07-17-2014, 09:25 PM
I said games....

There are no highlight videos of his defense...

You want stats from a specific game? I don't get it.

LoneyROY7
07-17-2014, 09:25 PM

You have no idea what you're talking about. I've been watching Bledsoe since he first entered the league with the Clippers.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:27 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about. I've been watching Bledsoe since he first entered the league.

I watched nearly every Suns game last season.

magnax1
Bledsoe probably deserves the max honestly. I mean, excluding his health questions hes definitely worth it.

navy
There are no highlight videos of his defense...

You want stats from a specific game? I don't get it.
Games where you think he showed he was an elite defender. :confusedshrug:

I dont need highlights.

Akrazotile
People seem surprised hes asking for more than hes worth. Of course hes gonna ask for a max, someone out there might give him one. You gotta at least ask.

However, doesnt mean phx is wrong for refusing. He is not a max player. Just bc Parsons and others got overpaid doesnt mean PHX should do the same thing. Whenever a team does well everyone wants to make it all about one or two guys. TEAMS are shown to generally achieve the same result even when their "star" is out, with exceptions for historically impactful guys like Lebron.

Phoenix will not lose THAT much in terms of RESULTS if Bledsoe walks. He doesnt make a 16M/yr impact. Either do Carmelo and a bnch of others but thats a diff story. Phoenix is smart not to overpay. Its a shame because Bledose is a player every team would like to have and for good reason. That doesnt mean you go and blow your whole budget on him. Their best bet is to sign and trade and get some good assets out of it.

LoneyROY7
I watched nearly every Suns game season.

I watched a bunch of Suns games last year, and there were zero examples of Bledsoe being a terrible on ball defender.

LoneyROY7
07-17-2014, 09:28 PM

I dont need highlights.

Uuuhhh, a game in 2012 against the Lakers when he had 9 steals.

B-hoop
07-17-2014, 09:29 PM

I dont need highlights.

I haven't watched him with the Suns, but just pick any random Clippers game from the 2012-2013 season and you will see how he changed the game defensively when he was playing.

There was one game against the Heat where he showed all his skills, including an awesome block on Wade.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:32 PM
I watched a bunch of Suns games last year, and there were zero examples of Bledsoe being a terrible on ball defender.

He's not a good on the ball guy. Dragic was almost always guarding the bigger or better guy on offense and forcing him into tough shots. Bledsoe is nice at playing the lanes and getting chase down blocks but he doesn't really make his man uncomfortable or forcing him to take tough low percentage shots like you want.

navy
07-17-2014, 09:37 PM
He's not a good on the ball guy. Dragic was almost always guarding the bigger or better guy on offense and forcing him into tough shots. Bledsoe is nice at playing the lanes and getting chase down blocks but he doesn't really make his man uncomfortable or forcing him to take tough low percentage shots like you want.
In the games I saw towards the end of the season he was not a great on the ball defender. Small sample size, Might have been an aberration or because he had just returned from injury. Which is why I asked which games did he show this trait so I could see if I could track them down.

irondarts
07-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Bledsoe can be really good, but he's just not worth the max yet.

4/48 is a very fair offer from the Suns and that's what I'd be comfortable giving him at this point. No way would I give him a 5 year max deal at this point in his career.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:42 PM
In the games I saw towards the end of the season he was not a great on the ball defender. Small sample size, Might have been an aberration or because he had just returned from injury. Which is why I asked which games did he show this trait so I could see if I could track them down.

Probably the best thing to do is to watch a full game on youtube or whatever and draw your own conclusions.

These guys keep pointing to his steals and blocks but anyone who actually understands basketball realizes that has nothing to do with good on the ball defensive ability.

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 09:42 PM
They already have Monta who is a better player and statistically gets to the basket more than anyone else in the entire NBA---a steady pass first PG with good defense is whats needed...Parsons, Dirk, and Monta will easily score enough and consistently.

No.

What the Mavs need at guard is a defensive force that can shoot threes and create his own shot. That would be ideal. And that is Bledsoe.

The Mavs would be better with Bledsoe/Tucker than Parsons in my opinion.

Especially when we can run Jefferson, Crowder, and Lewis out there as well. Tucker would be a really nice fit playing sg/sf hybrid.

This also allows Harris to play a backup role and not start.

magnax1
07-17-2014, 09:44 PM
No.

What the Mavs need at guard is a defensive force that can shoot threes and create his own shot. That would be ideal. And that is Bledsoe.

Especially when we can run Jefferson, Crowder, and Lewis out there as well. Tucker would be a really nice fit playing sg/sf hybrid.

If the Mavs got Bledsoe I'd say they'd have a shot at a championship. It seems like no one here knows how good Bledsoe really is. He's far better than his counterpart Dragic.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:45 PM
No.

Dirk/Chandler/Parsons/Monta is a serious force--easily the best 4 starting rotation Dallas has ever had in the Dirk era and they all fit each other perfectly.

I actually predicted that Monta would be a monster in 12-13 and no one believed me and now we all see who was right. Parsons is the absolute perfect fit in Dallas. Having a ball dominant PG who can't shoot like Bledsoe is the exact wrong idea when you have Dirk.

navy
07-17-2014, 09:45 PM
If the Mavs got Bledsoe I'd say they'd have a shot at a championship. It seems like no one here knows how good Bledsoe really is. He's far better than his counterpart Dragic.
He's not far better, even if he was better.

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 09:47 PM

Yea...this is my problem with the Mavs move for Parsons.

We could have had Thomas, Ariza, and Ed Davis for the same price.

Now we learn that the Suns and Bledsoe are this far apart. Why not look into that if you are the Mavs? Especially when you can get Jefferson and Lewis on minimum contracts.

The thing that is going to kill us is perimeter defense and lack of shot creation...Bledsoe is ideal for that.

Mavs got better, but there were so many opportunities out there to be even better.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:49 PM

He's not 60% of the player Dragic is--check out his stats with Dragic out of the game, his production goes down drastically.

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Dirk/Chandler/Parsons/Monta is a serious force--easily the best 4 starting rotation Dallas has ever had in the Dirk era and they all fit each other perfectly.

I actually predicted that Monta would be a monster in 12-13 and no one believed me and now we all see who was right. Parsons is the absolute perfect fit in Dallas. Having a ball dominant PG who can't shoot like Bledsoe is the exact wrong idea when you have Dirk.

Bledsoe can shoot though....you are back in his rookie year. He took over 3 threes a game last year and was above 36% iirc.

Parsons is a great fit in Dallas, but the problem is our defense. Our guard defense is going to be horrendous. And actually...so is our wing defense.

I like Parsons, but we are likely to have a bottom 10 defense in the league again unless Parsons really steps up his defensive game.

I'd much rather have Bledsoe/Ellis/3&D/Dirk/Chandler...mainly because this team is going to struggle hugely with shot creation as is...

magnax1
07-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Yes, Far better, because he can score just as well as Dragic, if not better, and do many more things unlike Dragic.

JohnFreeman
07-17-2014, 09:51 PM
I can imagine Boogie wouldn't mind the Kentucky connection

magnax1
07-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Yea...this is my problem with the Mavs move for Parsons.

We could have had Thomas, Ariza, and Ed Davis for the same price.

Now we learn that the Suns and Bledsoe are this far apart. Why not look into that if you are the Mavs? Especially when you can get Jefferson and Lewis on minimum contracts.

The thing that is going to kill us is perimeter defense and lack of shot creation...Bledsoe is ideal for that.

Mavs got better, but there were so many opportunities out there to be even better.
I like the Mavs offensively, but Chandler is a huge question mark, and all the other starters can't play D (Harris excluded if he starts, but he's a poor starter anyway). Parsons only makes them a worse defensive team which was their problem. They were already one of the best offensive teams in the league last year.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Bledsoe can shoot though....you are back in his rookie year. He took over 3 threes a game last year and was above 36% iirc.

Parsons is a great fit in Dallas, but the problem is our defense. Our guard defense is going to be horrendous. And actually...so is our wing defense.

I like Parsons, but we are likely to have a bottom 10 defense in the league again unless Parsons really steps up his defensive game.

I'd much rather have Bledsoe/Ellis/3&D/Dirk/Chandler...mainly because this team is going to struggle hugely with shot creation as is...

Parsons is actually a very good defensive player--you're underrating him as much as you're vastly overrating Bledsoe. It's not his fault he had to cover two players at a time last season with Harden on the floor.

Monta is a good defender when he needs to be (e.g. shutting down kawhi leonard all series long) and Chandler is the best pick and roll defender in the league. And this is all assuming Marion is gone--if he remains Dallas' defense could be even better than in 10-11.

I suspect that within 5-10 games you'll be forgetting you even considered Bledsoe over Parsons.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Yes, Far better, because he can score just as well as Dragic, if not better, and do many more things unlike Dragic.

lol it would be VERY generous to say Bledsoe is even half the player Dragic is.

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 09:58 PM
I like the Mavs offensively, but Chandler is a huge question mark, and all the other starters can't play D (Harris excluded if he starts, but he's a poor starter anyway). Parsons only makes them a worse defensive team which was their problem. They were already one of the best offensive teams in the league last year.

Yea.

We did get better on both ends though. One of our biggest weaknesses was sf shooting and playmaking. Now we have solved that. The other big weakness was center play. Chandler helps that a lot of Dalembert.

The issue is going to be pg play...although, Calderon is over-rated here. He couldn't even sniff the court late in games because his defense was so bad and he didn't feel comfortable consistently shooting.

We, almost for sure, will add another pg like Mo or Jameer and won't miss him much.

We are better for sure, but not nearly as good as we should be imo.

Like I said before, we could have signed Thomas, Ariza, and Ed Davis for the price of Parsons. That makes us way better alone...and allows us to move the likes of Felton/Wright and a pick if need be to open up room.

In fact, if we had moved on those guys early...we actually could have dumped Felton/Wright and a first rounder to Philly....and opened up enough cap room to sign Carter and Blair back....and would still have had our exception to add another real piece.

With a well laid out plan...our roster could have looked like;

Thomas/Harris/Mekel
Ellis/Carter/Ledo
Ariza/Jefferson/Crowder
Dirk/Davis/Lewis
Chandler/Blair/Smith

And we'd still have our mini mid level I think (not sure about this)....

I really like Parsons, but if he doesn't become an all nba type player...this move will look really bad.

navy
07-17-2014, 09:58 PM
Parsons is actually a very good defensive player--you're underrating him as much as you're vastly overrating Bledsoe. It's not his fault he had to cover two players at a time last season with Harden on the floor.

Monta is a good defender when he needs to be (e.g. shutting down kawhi leonard all series long) and Chandler is the best pick and roll defender in the league. And this is all assuming Marion is gone--if he remains Dallas' defense could be even better than in 10-11.

I suspect that within 5-10 games you'll be forgetting you even considered Bledsoe over Parsons.

Kawhi isnt a good offensive player and Monta isnt a good defender....

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 10:00 PM

I hope you are right, but I doubt it. Our guard defense is going to be poor...and our wing defense will not work well. And while Parsons adds a lot on offense...we lost Carter/Calderon as well...which is a lot to make up for assuming we don't land a key player.

I wouldn't have gone after either of them. Iv'e laid out my initial plan above and many times before. But if you made me choose Bledsoe or Parsons for this team...I'm taking Bledsoe. Shot creation and defense at the pg position is exactly what we are missing.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Kawhi isnt a good offensive player and Monta isnt a good defender....

Monta can play very good defense in spurts, and let's put it like this--he locked out Kawhi whereas Queen James turned him into FMVP

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 10:03 PM
I hope you are right, but I doubt it. Our guard defense is going to be poor...and our wing defense will not work well. And while Parsons adds a lot on offense...we lost Carter/Calderon as well...which is a lot to make up for assuming we don't land a key player.

I wouldn't have gone after either of them. Iv'e laid out my initial plan above and many times before. But if you made me choose Bledsoe or Parsons for this team...I'm taking Bledsoe. Shot creation and defense at the pg position is exactly what we are missing.

lol so you want shot creation when you already have the guy who gets to the basket more than anyone in the entire NBA? Interesting.

I'd be much happier with Monta working on his midrange game all offseason than settling for an injury prone ball dominant UNPROVEN player.

magnax1
07-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Yea.

We did get better on both ends though. One of our biggest weaknesses was sf shooting and playmaking. Now we have solved that. The other big weakness was center play. Chandler helps that a lot of Dalembert.

The issue is going to be pg play...although, Calderon is over-rated here. He couldn't even sniff the court late in games because his defense was so bad and he didn't feel comfortable consistently shooting.

We, almost for sure, will add another pg like Mo or Jameer and won't miss him much.

We are better for sure, but not nearly as good as we should be imo.

Like I said before, we could have signed Thomas, Ariza, and Ed Davis for the price of Parsons. That makes us way better alone...and allows us to move the likes of Felton/Wright and a pick if need be to open up room.

In fact, if we had moved on those guys early...we actually could have dumped Felton/Wright and a first rounder to Philly....and opened up enough cap room to sign Carter and Blair back....and would still have had our exception to add another real piece.

With a well laid out plan...our roster could have looked like;

Thomas/Harris/Mekel
Ellis/Carter/Ledo
Ariza/Jefferson/Crowder
Dirk/Davis/Lewis
Chandler/Blair/Smith

And we'd still have our mini mid level I think (not sure about this)....

I really like Parsons, but if he doesn't become an all nba type player...this move will look really bad.
Yeah, I have no faith in Chandler without a good PG. He needs that to be effective on offense, and the Mavs dont have that. It's likely hell be magikarp again this year. Calderon is no all star, but he's much more valuable than anyone else theyll be able to put out there this year.
Ariza is interesting. He had his best season of his whole career, but that was wall's drive and kick game boosting his shooting. I really doubt he can keep up the offensive production. He's probably better than Chandler, but not enough to really be worth anything.
I honestly have no Idea why teams haven't gone after Bledsoe. He can do so much and he can actually play both PG and SG on defense. Really impressive for a guy his size.

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 10:07 PM
lol so you want shot creation when you already have the guy who gets to the basket more than anyone in the entire NBA? Interesting.

I'd be much happier with Monta working on his midrange game all offseason than settling for an injury prone ball dominant UNPROVEN player.

Yes...generally you need more than 1 guy on your team that can create his own shot.

It's really hard to rely almost exclusively on one guy late in games like we did with Monta...with Dirk setting screens and being force fed in tough situations.

Having a 3rd guy that can draw the defense and create his own shot and get to the ft line at a nice rate would be key...while also providing elite level defense at guard.

So yes...I'd rather have Bledsoe/Ellis/Dirk/Chandler and a group of players filling in at sf...than what we currently have.

We had the 22nd ranked defense last year. It's going to around 18th or so this year. Still not good enough.

Depends on who we get now though. If we land Jameer Nelson and Parsons is as good on defense as you say...then Parsons will be the better fit. But I don't think Parsons will be able to do what you say.

navy
07-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Monta can play very good defense in spurts, and let's put it like this--he locked out Kawhi whereas Queen James turned him into FMVP
Kawhi got hot from three. How many times does he ever scored for himself on a non assisted basket outside transition.

Twice a game. Three times? Maybe. :confusedshrug:

Monta can play D in spurts perhaps. But certainly not to the point you bring it up as a positive more than a negative.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 10:10 PM
Kawhi got hot from three. How many times does he ever scored for himself on a non assisted basket outside transition.

Twice a game. Three times? Maybe. :confusedshrug:

Monta can play D in spurts perhaps. But certainly not to the point you bring it up as a positive more than a negative.

Yeah he's not going to lock anyone down but I don't think he's a liability either. He's a decent defender overall.

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I have no faith in Chandler without a good PG. He needs that to be effective on offense, and the Mavs dont have that. It's likely hell be magikarp again this year. Calderon is no all star, but he's much more valuable than anyone else theyll be able to put out there this year.
Ariza is interesting. He had his best season of his whole career, but that was wall's drive and kick game boosting his shooting. I really doubt he can keep up the offensive production. He's probably better than Chandler, but not enough to really be worth anything.
I honestly have no Idea why teams haven't gone after Bledsoe. He can do so much and he can actually play both PG and SG on defense. Really impressive for a guy his size.

That is my point though.

Thomas/Harris is actually quality pg play. Harris is great at throwing lobs to centers so he fits in well with Chandler. And Thomas is able to create his own offense and drain threes...

Ariza is perfect for us. All we would want is 30 minutes of quality defense and 3 point shooting and rebounding...exactly what Ariza provides. Ed Davis would be a nice guy to throw in there as a backup big for Dirk/Chandler.

Even if we sat on that...we'd still have the mini mid level left....and Felton as our 4th guard and Wright as our 3rd or 4th big would be nice depth.

All that depth at guard and forward is what this team needed in my opinion.

I will gladly look foolish if Parsons comes in and just dominates.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Yes...generally you need more than 1 guy on your team that can create his own shot.

It's really hard to rely almost exclusively on one guy late in games like we did with Monta...with Dirk setting screens and being force fed in tough situations.

Having a 3rd guy that can draw the defense and create his own shot and get to the ft line at a nice rate would be key...while also providing elite level defense at guard.

So yes...I'd rather have Bledsoe/Ellis/Dirk/Chandler and a group of players filling in at sf...than what we currently have.

We had the 22nd ranked defense last year. It's going to around 18th or so this year. Still not good enough.

Depends on who we get now though. If we land Jameer Nelson and Parsons is as good on defense as you say...then Parsons will be the better fit. But I don't think Parsons will be able to do what you say.

Parsons has point forward ability, gets to the rim well, and Dirk obviously can create his own shot--so thats 3 guys in your starting 5 who can create their own shot. Parsons is also a really versatile defender who can realistically guard the 1-4.

I think Rick will get Parsons also in some post up situations which will have the added benefit of providing Monta with more driving space.

I think this team will win it all. No joke. All they really need now is Mo Williams and then just run a point guard by committee scheme throughout the season.

Norcaliblunt
07-17-2014, 10:16 PM
He's pretty good, has potential, can make an impact defensively. A great raw talent. He is also way to erratic and out of control. Definitely not worth a max.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 10:17 PM
He's pretty good, has potential, can make an impact defensively. A great raw talent. He is also way to erratic and out of control. Definitely not worth a max.

Yeah not to mention his PG instincts are for shit. Oh but he can dunks and gets steals occasionally.

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 10:17 PM
Parsons has point forward ability, gets to the rim well, and Dirk obviously can create his own shot--so thats 3 guys in your starting 5 who can create their own shot. Parsons is also a really versatile defender who can realistically guard the 1-4.

I think Rick will get Parsons also in some post up situations which will have the added benefit of providing Monta with more driving space.

I think this team will win it all. No joke. All they really need now is Mo Williams and then just run a point guard by committee scheme throughout the season.

If we add Jameer or Mo...and Parsons can play quality defense and his do it all type offense...

Then we'd have a chance, but I really worry about landing Mo or Jameer...and I also seriously question parsons and his ability to play two way ball.

We'll see though...I openly admit I'd love to be wrong.

I just would have built this team more like the Spurs with going 10 plus deep rather than rely so much on a few players yet again.

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 10:18 PM
Yeah not to mention his PG instincts are for shit. Oh but he can dunks and gets steals occasionally.

Nah...he's way better than that. He's a solid passer and playmaker...has improved his 3 point shot...gets to the line extremely well for a guard.

And he is a really good rebounder.

You are under-rating Bledsoe in pretty big way if that is what your really think about him.

kenny817
07-17-2014, 10:19 PM
Wow, if the Bucks could grab Bledsoe that would be amazing. They'd be putting together one sexy team.

PG Bledsoe
SG Knight/Mayo
SF Giannis
PF Parker
C Sanders/Henson

They could be the Suns of last year record-wise, but with way more potential.

Suns had like 48 or 49 wins

F*ck no

magnax1
07-17-2014, 10:23 PM
That is my point though.

Thomas/Harris is actually quality pg play. Harris is great at throwing lobs to centers so he fits in well with Chandler. And Thomas is able to create his own offense and drain threes...

Ariza is perfect for us. All we would want is 30 minutes of quality defense and 3 point shooting and rebounding...exactly what Ariza provides. Ed Davis would be a nice guy to throw in there as a backup big for Dirk/Chandler.

Even if we sat on that...we'd still have the mini mid level left....and Felton as our 4th guard and Wright as our 3rd or 4th big would be nice depth.

All that depth at guard and forward is what this team needed in my opinion.

I will gladly look foolish if Parsons comes in and just dominates.
Yeah, I pretty much agree. Idk if Isaiah thomas is really the right kind of guy for Chandler but other than that I agree.

masonanddixon
07-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Nah...he's way better than that. He's a solid passer and playmaker...has improved his 3 point shot...gets to the line extremely well for a guard.

And he is a really good rebounder.

You are under-rating Bledsoe in pretty big way if that is what your really think about him.

Yeah I understated him there but he's a nobody as of now. Dragic was the undisputed leader and best player on the team, got a ragtag team to nearly 50 wins and made All NBA 3rd team.

Bledsoe has accomplished nothing and has had two surgeries in the past two years. Dallas is in win-now mode and what they have is better than what he could potentially bring to the team.

DMAVS41
07-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I pretty much agree. Idk if Isaiah thomas is really the right kind of guy for Chandler but other than that I agree.

It's not ideal for Chandler, but it's actually close to ideal for Dirk and Ellis...and they matter more.

Tyson won't get his rim run lobs quite as often, totally agree there, but he'd still need to set his screens and do his offensive rebounding...and play defense.

Harris, however, would hit Chandler on those lobs.

Darius
07-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Dbl post

Darius
07-17-2014, 10:47 PM
Bledsoe is a unique player because he has a dramatic defensive impact.

In today's league very few players are able to stay in front of opposing pgs and disrupt offenses.

Bledsoe is one of those players.

Springsteen
07-17-2014, 11:10 PM
knicks would give it to him :lol

Dragic4Life
07-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Only max player on the Suns is Dragic or if Love joins the team.

UK2K
07-17-2014, 11:18 PM
I wish Houston would S&T somehow for Bledsoe.

He would be sick in Houston's offense.

OmniStrife
07-18-2014, 02:00 AM
Suns got all the leverage at this point I love it.

I'd like to keep him, but not @ max price, he's neither that good nor is he healthy enough for a 5 yr deal.

Dragic is better btw.

KNOW1EDGE
07-18-2014, 02:03 AM
Dragic is better and more deserving of MAX than Bledsoe.

Isaiah Thomas is only slightly worse than Bledsoe in my opinion.

Suns should hold tight, worse comes to worse you sign and trade or let him walk. Signing him for the MAX is going to hog tie a team.

blackification
07-18-2014, 02:03 AM
He will accept the qualifying offer for the suns, play for them this year and will either get traded before the deadline or sign with another team next offseason
So risky for him though. He will either play his ass off for the max and risk getting injured, or half ass it and decrease his value.

Take what you can get Bled and find a better ****ing agent

ihatetimthomas
07-18-2014, 02:14 AM

Suns should hold tight, worse comes to worse you sign and trade or let him walk. Signing him for the MAX is going to hog tie a team.

If you think Isaiah Thomas is new Bledsoe level, then I have to assume you havnt watched Bledsoe. Bledsoe is a 2 way player. He is a great defender and is an improving offensive player. I kind of feel isaiah Thomas is what he is. An undersized scoring pg who will struggle defensively. Bledsoe has much more upside and at this point, a more complete player.

coin24
07-18-2014, 02:20 AM
Bledsoe is a beast, crazy to turn down the 4/$48m though:facepalm

navy
07-18-2014, 02:21 AM
Bledsoe is a beast, crazy to turn down the 4/$48m though:facepalm
Why? He will get more than that.

coin24
07-18-2014, 02:29 AM
Why? He will get more than that.

No guarantees on that

GimmeThat
07-18-2014, 02:32 AM
Kirk Hinrich got paid with less than that 4 years/$48 Mill money.

bdreason
07-18-2014, 02:51 AM

The league is stacked with quality PG's, and Bledsoe doesn't even crack the top 10. I wouldn't give him 12m per year, let alone 16m.

ronnymac
07-18-2014, 02:55 AM

Beverley is getting paid 900 grand. That is chump change. The Rockets have Plenty of cap room to offer Bledsoe 13 mill a year.If not him another free agent.The lakers and their 75 million starting 5 is ****ed.

andremiller07
07-18-2014, 03:39 AM

Nah bro I watched IT since he came into the L and last year's Bledsoe is on another planet to IT.

wally_world
07-18-2014, 04:31 AM
No one can offer him that money this season.

Qualifying offer, or sign for less/shorter.

Run&Gun=Fun
07-18-2014, 12:51 PM
He can't be serious expecting that.

He played well last season but also missed a lot of games. 4 years $48M is actually more than he thought Phoenix would offer. No wonder no one else has signed him to an offer sheet, no one is going to pay that.

He'd be best off taking the guaranteed $48M if he gets injured again next season he'll lose value.