PDA

View Full Version : ESPN :Cavs willing to trade wiggins for love. Darn

veilside23
07-17-2014, 08:09 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers are now offering No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins in attempts to trade for Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star forward Kevin Love, league sources have confirmed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11229856/cleveland-cavaliers-willing-trade-andrew-wiggins-deal-kevin-love-minnesota-timberwolves

darn...

Ca$H
07-17-2014, 08:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11229856/cleveland-cavaliers-willing-trade-andrew-wiggins-deal-kevin-love-minnesota-timberwolves

darn...

It's Broussard not credible enough. Waiting for WOJ to confirm.

QuebecBaller
07-17-2014, 08:25 PM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

BlazerRed
07-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Cavs :facepalm

fragokota
07-17-2014, 08:26 PM
What about Kevin Love being a stat padding loser? :facepalm

Soundwave
07-17-2014, 08:31 PM
"You've reach the Cavaliers front office. LeBron James is not in right now, but please leave your name and number and we will get back to you. Unless you are Kevin Love, then please press extension 32623"

BlazerRed
07-17-2014, 08:33 PM
"You've reach the Cavaliers front office. LeBron James is not in right now, but please leave your name and number and we will get back to you. Unless you are Kevin Love, then please press extension 2(5)"
Fixed

longtime lurker
07-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Cavs :facepalm

double :facepalm :facepalm

trade the number 1 pick for the potential to be a superstar for a guy who's leaving his franchise anyways. GM's kill me.

Cocaine80s
07-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Fixed
should be 2 4 5 instead lol

Soundwave
07-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Fixed

:lol Well played sir.

Sarcastic
07-17-2014, 08:35 PM
The way it should read: Lebron willing to trade Wiggins for Love

BlazerRed
07-17-2014, 08:35 PM
should be 2 4 5 instead lol
Good one, didn't think of that :oldlol:

Mr. Incredible
07-17-2014, 08:36 PM
LeBron James runs the entire league.

My goodness. Man is a genius.

LoneyROY7
07-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Cavs. :lol

pegasus
07-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Lebron does not want Wiggins to steal the spotlight. I can see Wiggins entering the dunk contest and Lebron doing everything he can to outshine him.

Batz
07-17-2014, 08:43 PM
ESPN being ESPN. Quit quoting them. Pay attention to WOJ more. More importantly, ignore Broussard completely.

KyrieTheFuture
07-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, if this were true the deal would already be done. Keep believing everything on twitter though.

mehyaM24
07-17-2014, 08:49 PM
:facepalm

my respect for lebron will drop a ton if the cavs trade love for wiggins

FatComputerNerd
07-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Would Love sign an extension?

What if we don't win right away, Lebron ops out after one year, and then Love walks?

Wiggins is our FUTURE. Lebron is already 30. This would be a terrible move on our part.

Kingwillball
07-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Would Love sign an extension?

What if we don't win right away, Lebron ops out after one year, and then Love walks?

Wiggins is our FUTURE. Lebron is already 30. This would be a terrible move on our part.

Would u rather have 4 or 5 years now of possible championships or wait 4 or 5 more and hope wiggins leads them along with a past prime Lebron.

FatComputerNerd
07-17-2014, 10:10 PM
Would u rather have 4 or 5 years now of possible championships or wait 4 or 5 more and hope wiggins leads them along with a past prime Lebron.

I think we can have both without Love.

I also don't think Lebron should be making demands already. Maybe if he'd signed a longer-term contract I could see it, but not with his 1 year opt-out clause.

We have no guarantee he will even stay after the first year, and I assume the same would be true with Love. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Kingwillball
07-17-2014, 10:34 PM
I think we can have both without Love.

I also don't think Lebron should be making demands already. Maybe if he'd signed a longer-term contract I could see it, but not with his 1 year opt-out clause.

We have no guarantee he will even stay after the first year, and I assume the same would be true with Love. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Lebron waiting for new cba to sign long term contract.. See no way he would leave again or at least any time soon.

Darius
07-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Point is to win championships. LBJ + Love gets you damn close.

Wiggins, even if he is tmac level (which is doubtful), won't get the reps to develop anyways w Irving and LBJ.

dreamwarrior
07-17-2014, 10:46 PM
It'd be good for Wiggins imo. Minn is stacked with good SGs but they could move him to SF where they have nobody. The Cavs on the other hand keep signing shooters and Lebron's not moving from SF. Where's he going to fit in there?

coin24
07-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Kevin love brings championships? Lol Kevin love doesn't even sniff the playoffs:lol

I hope they do trade wiggins and he gets a chance to shine, Parker was smart avoiding this bs..

fourkicks44
07-17-2014, 11:18 PM
Lebron does not want Wiggins to steal the spotlight. I can see Wiggins entering the dunk contest and Lebron doing everything he can to outshine him except enter the dunk contest himself.

fixed

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-18-2014, 12:02 AM
ESPN being ESPN. Quit quoting them. Pay attention to WOJ more. More importantly, ignore Broussard completely.
qft

as others have said, I would not do this if I were the Cavs. Sure LeBron may want Love, but Wiggins is the better choice for the franchise and LeBron in the long run.

I know LeBron loves being surrounded by shooters, but he already has Mike Miller, James Jones, and probably Ray Allen. What can Love add to that besides rebounding? I'd assume TT would be included in the deal and his game fits better w/ how that team is currently constructed. And Wiggins would be able to give LeBron the rest that he wanted this past year w/ the Heat.

This seriously sounds like a case of "oh, a good player who can help us win titles", when it SHOULD be "oh, a good player who's role is redundant on our team and would cost us too many assets important to our future."

If Cavs have to lose Wiggins + TT, Love doesn't make the Cavs any better of a team, as good as he is as an individual talent.

It'd be good for Wiggins imo. Minn is stacked with good SGs but they could move him to SF where they have nobody. The Cavs on the other hand keep signing shooters and Lebron's not moving from SF. Where's he going to fit in there?
the TWolves would be bad for Wiggins. Losing franchise w/ losing players and a losing coach. At least in Cleveland he can be tutored under Lebron and still get some PT w/ him.

I do have to admit, Cavs are going a bit overboard if they sign all 3 of those ex-Heat shooters.