PDA

View Full Version : We were impressed that jordan could still avg 20ppg in his 15th season as a wizard

rule1223
07-18-2014, 09:24 AM
how are we gonna react when kobe averages 20+ppg in his 19TH season?

GimmeThat
07-18-2014, 09:26 AM
what are the possibilities he'll still be walking once he gets past 50 years old.

duh

Uncle Drew
07-18-2014, 09:38 AM
How about comparing them by age instead?

CelticBaller
07-18-2014, 09:41 AM
I was impressed when jordan avg 28 in his rookie season unlike rapistbe

Roundball_Rock
07-18-2014, 10:03 AM
17th season KAJ, 38-39 years old: 23.4 ppg, all-NBA 1st team and top 5 in MVP voting. :bowdown: Even in his 18th season KAJ averaged 18 ppg.

GODbe
07-18-2014, 10:26 AM
It'll be blown off as nothing because Kobe >>>> MJ, therefore it's expected.

riseagainst
07-18-2014, 10:30 AM
didn't someone say Wizards MJ modeled his game after 3peat Kobe?

:oldlol:

ImKobe
07-18-2014, 10:33 AM
17th season KAJ, 38-39 years old: 23.4 ppg, all-NBA 1st team and top 5 in MVP voting. :bowdown: Even in his 18th season KAJ averaged 18 ppg.

17th season Kobe

27.3 ppg 5.6 rpg 6.0 apg 1.4 spg on 57%TS, 5th in the MVP voting

Roundball_Rock
07-18-2014, 10:36 AM
17th season Kobe

:applause:

CLTHornets4eva
07-18-2014, 11:01 AM
17th season Kobe

Jordan lost 2 seasons due to retirement and was a star in College. Where is Kobe's National Title or Naismith award? Nice worthless 17th season Kobe. How about those additional 4 MVP awards?

Kobe how does my ass taste?

AintNoSunshine
07-18-2014, 11:14 AM
:lol :applause:

Don't forget Kobe skipped college. Both played similar amount of basketball overall

Dragic4Life
07-18-2014, 11:31 AM
http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1112/11123556/2541905-0710152872-300cc.gif

jzek
07-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Age, brah... age. :facepalm

Jordan = 39 years old in his 15th season
Kobe = 35 years in his 17th season

We can't compare a 35 year old Jordan against a 35 year old Kobe because MJ wasn't in the NBA at that age. Obviously, we can't compare a 39 year old Jordan against a 39 year old Kobe. So, the best thing we can do is go one year back:

Jordan when heas 34 years old:

* Averaged 28 PPG
* Won his 5th MVP
* Won his 6th title
* Won his 6th FMVP

Kobe when he was 34 years old:

* Averaged 27 PPG
* Swept by the Spurs in the first round

Dragonyeuw
07-18-2014, 11:40 AM
It wasn't impressive because of the amount of seasons, it was because of age. We can spin all we want about the seasons he was 'retired' serving as 'rest' or whatever, 40 is 40. Karl Malone averaged 20 at 39, so it's not unprecedented.

As for Kobe, scoring 20+ after 19 seasons wouldn't be the impressive part. Scoring it after the kind of injury he had would be. Kobe's skillset is so advanced that given enough minutes 20 ppg next season shouldn't be a problem. I'm predicting 22,5,5 on 45% in 32 mins a night on the low end, as much as 25ppg on 43% high end.

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 11:44 AM
17th season Kobe

a little misleading because Kobe came into the league so early...and didn't have much wear on him early actually.

In his first 3 seasons combined, Kobe started only 57 games. There is virtually no wear and tear on an 18 to 20 year old doing that...while not playing a key role either.

This is where Kobe's longevity gets over-rated and inflated.

crisoner
07-18-2014, 11:44 AM

We can't compare a 35 year old Jordan against a 35 year old Kobe because MJ wasn' in the NBA at that age. So, the best thing we can do is go one year back:

* Averaged 28 PPG
* Won his 5th MVP
* Won his 6th title
* Won his 6th FMVP

* Averaged 27 PPG

You can't say swept by Spurs he got injured! Before that Kobe was single handily keeping the Lakers in contention for the playoffs. Matter of fact he was having a great season.

riseagainst
07-18-2014, 11:48 AM

We can't compare a 35 year old Jordan against a 35 year old Kobe because MJ wasn't in the NBA at that age. Obviously, we can't compare a 39 year old Jordan against a 39 year old Kobe. So, the best thing we can do is go one year back:

* Averaged 28 PPG
* Won his 5th MVP
* Won his 6th title
* Won his 6th FMVP

* Averaged 27 PPG

swept by Spurs?
:roll:

Warfan
07-18-2014, 11:49 AM

* Averaged 28 PPG
* Won his 5th MVP
* Won his 6th title
* Won his 6th FMVP

* Averaged 27 PPG
*Swept by the Spurs in the first round

I think that really made it clear that kobe's 2013 year was overrated, getting swept by the spurs is just pathetic

crisoner
07-18-2014, 11:51 AM
a little misleading because Kobe came into the league so early...and didn't have much wear on him early actually.

In his first 3 seasons combined, Kobe started only 57 games. There is virtually no wear and tear on an 18 to 20 year old doing that...while not playing a key role either.

Kobe's longvity gets a nod because after those years the Lakers went deep in to the playoffs all the time. So much that you can count those as an extra season in itself. He has PLENTY of MILES on him more so then any other player that came in around his time. It's foolish to even question Kobe's longevity....look at the years he was on top of his game it lasted longer then a decade. Then look at the T-Mac's the Iverson's the Carters etc. Really get those hater goggles off dude.

jzek
07-18-2014, 11:51 AM
You can't say swept by Spurs he got injured! Before that Kobe was single handily keeping the Lakers in contention for the playoffs. Matter of fact he was having a great season.

Kobe even if he were healthy at age 34 would not have won:

Another MVP
Another ring
Another FMVP

Jordan did all three at age 34.

riseagainst
07-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Kobe averaged 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists against the Spurs, and FG% was not even applicable. What a terrible player.
:facepalm

o well at least he averaged 0 turnovers too. So that's a plus.

crisoner
07-18-2014, 11:52 AM
I think that really made it clear that kobe's 2013 year was overrated, getting swept by the spurs is just pathetic

He didn't play a single game that series idiot.

crisoner
07-18-2014, 11:53 AM

Another MVP
Another ring
Another FMVP

If Kobe had the same COACH.....a healthy good TEAM he was playing with for years....

YES HE WOULD.

I think you kids are to stupid to take that in to account.

Warfan
07-18-2014, 11:54 AM
He didn't play a single game that series idiot.

It's a joke. Are you that dense??

G.O.A.T
07-18-2014, 11:54 AM

Another MVP
Another ring
Another FMVP

35 actually.

SexSymbol
07-18-2014, 11:55 AM

* Averaged 28 PPG
* Won his 5th MVP
* Won his 6th title
* Won his 6th FMVP

* Averaged 27 PPG
Kobe was swept by the spurs in the first round? What? I thought he was injured

Kobe has much more mileage on his body than MJ, going by age is stupid, MJ took years off two times

Dro
07-18-2014, 12:05 PM

* Averaged 28 PPG
* Won his 5th MVP
* Won his 6th title
* Won his 6th FMVP

* Averaged 27 PPG
Can't believe so many people posted in this thread and didn't bring up this point.....:facepalm

Droid101
07-18-2014, 12:06 PM

* Averaged 27 PPG
Kobe was not swept by anyone that year. You are lying.

Dragonyeuw
07-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Kobe was swept by the spurs in the first round? What? I thought he was injured

Kobe has much more mileage on his body than MJ, going by age is stupid, MJ took years off two times

Can you really count his rookie year as mileage? Can you count last season as mileage? Are we discounting Jordan's college career when determining mileage, while counting Kobe's first 3 years for which he spent the first on the bench, and didn't play big minutes till his 3rd year? Are ignoring that Kobe has 6 seasons of 80+ games, and MJ had 10?

Certain things taper off athletically once you hit a certain age, regardless of the 'mileage'. 40 is 40. Do you think a 40 year old rookie could enter the NBA right now and dominate athletically on the basis that they have 'no mileage'?

ProfessorMurder
07-18-2014, 12:12 PM

This.

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Kobe's longvity gets a nod because after those years the Lakers went deep in to the playoffs all the time. So much that you can count those as an extra season in itself. He has PLENTY of MILES on him more so then any other player that came in around his time. It's foolish to even question Kobe's longevity....look at the years he was on top of his game it lasted longer then a decade. Then look at the T-Mac's the Iverson's the Carters etc. Really get those hater goggles off dude.

LOL

I'm not questioning his longevity...I'm saying it gets over-rated a tad because early on his started only 57 games in 3 years...and then had 8 years total playing next to prime/peak shaq.

That removes a lot of burden.

Also, some of the international guys played a lot of ball in the summer overseas as well.

A guy like Duncan...clearly has better longevity.

Duncan has started 1,252 games in his career and has started 234 playoff games
Kobe has started 1,097 games in his career and has started 200 playoff games

Duncan has done the above in 1 less year in the league than Kobe as well...he's been a far more durable player.

I'd take Dirk's longevity over Kobe's as well actually....he's missed far less games due to injury...has actually started more games than Kobe...and he's played internationally most summers as well.

Come on son...not hating to be real.

JellyBean
07-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Haters will find some reason to hate on Kobe. I am going to be impressed.

riseagainst
07-18-2014, 12:23 PM
LOL

I'm not questioning his longevity...I'm saying it gets over-rated a tad because early on his started only 57 games in 3 years...and then had 8 years total playing next to prime/peak shaq.

That removes a lot of burden.

Also, some of the international guys played a lot of ball in the summer overseas as well.

A guy like Duncan...clearly has better longevity.

Duncan has started 1,252 games in his career and has started 234 playoff games
Kobe has started 1,097 games in his career and has started 200 playoff games

Duncan has done the above in 1 less year in the league than Kobe as well...he's been a far more durable player.

I'd take Dirk's longevity over Kobe's as well actually....he's missed far less games due to injury...has actually started more games than Kobe...and he's played internationally most summers as well.

Come on son...not hating to be real.

that's a weird conclusion. You say it like he was just standing in the corner all day waiting to be fed the ball or something. He was aggressive and always attacked the paint while playing next to Shaq. Why would it be "less of a burden" on his body?

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 12:25 PM
that's a weird conclusion. You say it like he was just standing in the corner all day waiting to be fed the ball or something. He was aggressive and always attacked the paint while playing next to Shaq. Why would it be "less of a burden" on his body?

Not having to be the focal point of the opposing defense night in night out removes a lot of the burden. Just the truth.

Most guys don't have the luxury of playing next to a force like Shaq for 8 years.

Especially when in the first 3...you are only starting 57 games over that time.

It's really not complicated. When people start referencing the number of years Kobe has been in the league...it's often misleading because of his situation in his first 2 to 3 years. I'd argue that Duncan, for example, actually put more wear and tear on his body in college than Kobe did over his first 2 years in the NBA. That is my point. Ignoring that seems silly...Duncan has been in the league one less year than Kobe, but he's started way more games...and actually played more games...and played more playoff games. And he's done that while also playing 4 years in college previously. That is my point.

I don't have the numbers, but I would imagine Duncan played around 130 or more games in college...probably more counting tournaments. Why would we ignore those...but factor in Kobe playing bench minutes with no burden whatsoever for his first 2 years. It's skewed...

Hey Yo
07-18-2014, 12:26 PM
True, but not until his 3rd season.

His first 2 were spent handing out towels and gatorade cause he wasn't good enough to start.

theoneneo
07-18-2014, 12:45 PM

Lol you just Ethered yourself... Kobe started 57 games before Jordan even played in his first NBA game, still more wear than Jordan, not to mention all the games he played where he didn't start... NEXT!

:lol

theoneneo
07-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Lol you just Ethered yourself... Kobe started 57 games before Jordan even played in his first NBA game, still more wear than Jordan, not to mention all the games he played where he didn't start... NEXT!

:bowdown:

Dro
07-18-2014, 12:47 PM

And yet still 39>>>>>>>>35 so your point makes no sense....

theoneneo
07-18-2014, 12:47 PM

:lebronamazed:

Dro
07-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Can you really count his rookie year as mileage? Can you count last season as mileage? Are we discounting Jordan's college career when determining mileage, while counting Kobe's first 3 years for which he spent the first on the bench, and didn't play big minutes till his 3rd year? Are ignoring that Kobe has 6 seasons of 80+ games, and MJ had 10?

Certain things taper off athletically once you hit a certain age, regardless of the 'mileage'. 40 is 40. Do you think a 40 year old rookie could enter the NBA right now and dominate athletically on the basis that they have 'no mileage'?
Exactly.....

theoneneo
07-18-2014, 12:48 PM
And yet still 39>>>>>>>>35 so your point makes no sense....

Minus the 4 years Jordan sat out... NEXT! :kobe:

theoneneo
07-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Why is it so hard for you Fvckheads to comprehend, Kobe has played more basketball at the same age, I'm not saying Kobe is better, because he isn't, all I'm saying is Kobe certainly has more wear and tear, then considering he's coming back from 2 season ending injuries I'd like to think him averaging 20+ at the age of 36 is more impressive, no knock on Jordan, he da GOAT!

SexSymbol
07-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Not having to be the focal point of the opposing defense night in night out removes a lot of the burden. Just the truth.

Most guys don't have the luxury of playing next to a force like Shaq for 8 years.

Especially when in the first 3...you are only starting 57 games over that time.

It's really not complicated. When people start referencing the number of years Kobe has been in the league...it's often misleading because of his situation in his first 2 to 3 years. I'd argue that Duncan, for example, actually put more wear and tear on his body in college than Kobe did over his first 2 years in the NBA. That is my point. Ignoring that seems silly...Duncan has been in the league one less year than Kobe, but he's started way more games...and actually played more games...and played more playoff games. And he's done that while also playing 4 years in college previously. That is my point.

I don't have the numbers, but I would imagine Duncan played around 130 or more games in college...probably more counting tournaments. Why would we ignore those...but factor in Kobe playing bench minutes with no burden whatsoever for his first 2 years. It's skewed...
Not truth at all in this situation.
Kobe was asked to do more all-around then most of the players ever. Had to take care of back court offense, play PG, defend the best backcourt player on every night.
You just don't know what you're talking about, you just spit random shit in veeeery long posts.

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 12:54 PM

What are you talking about?

My argument is not about Jordan anyway...but I'd argue that college is more of a burden than Kobe's first 2 years.

Which are just meaningless to me. Dude started 7 games in his first 2 years. LOL...that is not doing anything to an 18 and 19 year old.

Playing in college is harder than that...especially because you actually have to practice in college.

It's the same thing with international play...we absolutely can't compare longevity without factoring in college or international play as well.

It's so dumb...but thank you for making my exact point why Kobe's longevity is over-rated.

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Not truth at all in this situation.
Kobe was asked to do more all-around then most of the players ever. Had to take care of back court offense, play PG, defend the best backcourt player on every night.
You just don't know what you're talking about, you just spit random shit in veeeery long posts.

What?

Kobe wasn't even a relevant player his first 2 years. He started 7 ****ing games.

You don't know shit. Have you taken the time to look at that?

Dude started 7 games in 2 years on back to back teams that won 56 and 61 games respectively.

Oh yea...what a huge burden. He had to do it all to make those teams go...ROFL

Then over the next 6 years he got to play on the most stacked teams in the league with prime/peak Shaq. Yea...he had it so rough...:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Why is it so hard for you Fvckheads to comprehend, Kobe has played more basketball at the same age, I'm not saying Kobe is better, because he isn't, all I'm saying is Kobe certainly has more wear and tear, then considering he's coming back from 2 season ending injuries I'd like to think him averaging 20+ at the age of 36 is more impressive, no knock on Jordan, he da GOAT!

You can't discount everything other players do.

We are saying that college is as much wear and tear...or more...than Kobe's first 2 years.

Kobe's first 2 years did not add any wear and tear on him at all...yet you people go on and on about them.

Yet you also never include them in any of Kobe's averages because you don't like that.

It's the same story. Count them for longevity, but don't count them for his numbers...well, unless we are totaling up points...then they count, but they don't count for averages.

Here's a ****ing hint...starting 57 games over a 3 year period as a 18 to 20 year old on loaded teams winning around 60 without him is not a heavy burden. It's not putting wear and tear on a 20 year old.

theoneneo
07-18-2014, 01:01 PM
What?

Kobe wasn't even a relevant player his first 2 years. He started 7 ****ing games.

Dude started 7 games in 2 years on back to back teams that won 56 and 61 games respectively.

Then over the next 6 years he got to play on the most stacked teams in the league with prime/peak Shaq. Yea...he had it so rough...:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Lolz, you Monkey, go back to your Tree... Calling the Lakers the Most stacked team as if that wasn't largely due to Kobe himself. Take that C*ck outta your mouth. College ball is in no way shape or form harder than an 82 game grind. At worst you can say they had even milage.

theoneneo
07-18-2014, 01:03 PM

We are saying that college is as much wear and tear...or more...than Kobe's first 2 years.

Kobe's first 2 years did not add any wear and tear on him at all...yet you people go on and on about them.

Yet you also never include them in any of Kobe's averages because you don't like that.

It's the same story. Count them for longevity, but don't count them for his numbers...well, unless we are totaling up points...then they count, but they don't count for averages.

Here's a ****ing hint...starting 57 games over a 3 year period as a 18 to 20 year old on loaded teams winning around 60 without him is not a heavy burden. It's not putting wear and tear on a 20 year old.

Still played more games than Jordan at the same age, so how is that not more, 57 games started in the NBA > 3 years in College, then you add in the games Kobe didn't start, how can you argue against this point?

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Still played more games than Jordan at the same age, so how is that not more, 57 games started in the NBA > 3 years in College, then you add in the games Kobe didn't start, how can you argue against this point?

I'm not arguing about Jordan you ****ing clown.

I never once even mentioned Jordan.

And honestly...no. For example, I think Duncan's college career put more wear and tear on him than Kobe's first 2 years in the NBA.

SexSymbol
07-18-2014, 01:16 PM
What?

Your lack of appreciation for greatness is a sad sight to see to be honest.
Just try to look at yourself from a far, you look like you just drank some good haterade.
Maybe try to watch the games of the time? Just some of them you know to get an idea.

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Your lack of appreciation for greatness is a sad sight to see to be honest.
Just try to look at yourself from a far, you look like you just drank some good haterade.
Maybe try to watch the games of the time? Just some of them you know to get an idea.

That isn't a response. Just a personal attack not relevant to the discussion.

I ask again...how much wear and tear did starting 7 games in Kobe's first 2 years really put on him at age 18 or 19.

You really think that was more than a star player in college? Nah...In fact, I'd argue that playing in college is actually harder than that because of practice, school, lack of luxury living...etc.

This is my exact point. You guys throw in Kobe's first 2 years like they are any different than Duncan at Wake Forest for 4 years, Dirk playing international ball, Jordan at UNC...etc. They are not.

Iceman#44
07-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Stop this mileage non Sense. ...40 years old is 40 years old...MJ averaged 20 ppg at 40 AFTER a knee surgery. ..

SexSymbol
07-18-2014, 02:20 PM
That isn't a response. Just a personal attack not relevant to the discussion.

I ask again...how much wear and tear did starting 7 games in Kobe's first 2 years really put on him at age 18 or 19.

You really think that was more than a star player in college? Nah...In fact, I'd argue that playing in college is actually harder than that because of practice, school, lack of luxury living...etc.

This is my exact point. You guys throw in Kobe's first 2 years like they are any different than Duncan at Wake Forest for 4 years, Dirk playing international ball, Jordan at UNC...etc. They are not.
Playing in the NBA is much harder then in college, many many players have stated that, just look for it.

NBA is a whole different animal.

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Playing in the NBA is much harder then in college, many many players have stated that, just look for it.

NBA is a whole different animal.

It depends on the circumstances. Of course being a starter is harder...but starting 7 games in 2 years is not harder in my opinion.

Let me ask it this way.

Duncan played over 130 games in college. That isn't including tournaments either.

He played 4 years.

Kobe started 7 games in his first 2 years on the league on teams that won 56 and 61 games respectively.

Are you saying that Kobe had it harder than Duncan here? That we shouldn't count Duncan's college at all and we should count Kobe's first 2 years the same as any other players? Really?

What I'm saying is that Kobe's first 2 years were essentially his college time and should be counted and compared as such to players. Obviously Lebron's first 2 years were just in a completely different universe compared to Kobe's. Lebron came in and was immediately the best player on a 17 win team. Lebron started 159 games in his first 2 years as the best player.

You really going to compare them? I really hope not.

DonDadda59
07-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Bean spent the first 2 years of his career handing Shaq his gatorade while chilling on the bench. The first half of his career he was a sidekick, the second half he played in an era that was catered to making life as easy as possible for perimeter players. He never had to go through any 'Kobe rules' during his playing days.

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Bean spent the first 2 years of his career handing Shaq his gatorade while chilling on the bench. The first half of his career he was a sidekick, the second half he played in an era that was catered to making life as easy as possible for perimeter players. He never had to go through any 'Kobe rules' during his playing days.

Dude started 7 games in 2 years and averaged like 20 minutes per game iirc...on loaded teams I might add.

Yea...what a huge burden. Lets count that the same as Duncan playing 130 or more games in college (likely 150 plus) and then averaging 39 minutes per game and starting 132 games in his first 2 years...one was a lockout year.

In they years leading up to the NBA...Duncan played 4 years of college and at the end of year 3 had started 206 games in the NBA.

Kobe didn't got to college....and started 57 combined games in his first 3 years in the NBA.

Yep...pretty even...:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

SexSymbol
07-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Dude started 7 games in 2 years and averaged like 20 minutes per game iirc...on loaded teams I might add.

Yea...what a huge burden. Lets count that the same as Duncan playing 130 or more games in college (likely 150 plus) and then averaging 39 minutes per game and starting 132 games in his first 2 years...one was a lockout year.

In they years leading up to the NBA...Duncan played 4 years of college and at the end of year 3 had started 206 games in the NBA.

Kobe didn't got to college....and started 57 combined games in his first 3 years in the NBA.

Yep...pretty even...:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Yeah kobe didn't go to college, but was an NBA player which is infinitely harder going up against that kind of competition, so it was harder for him.
By the third year Kobe was a very good nba player and a lot of players were still in college

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 02:47 PM
Yeah kobe didn't go to college, but was an NBA player which is infinitely harder going up against that kind of competition, so it was harder for him.
By the third year Kobe was a very good nba player and a lot of players were still in college

so you think kobe's 2 years of starting 7 games and playing 20 minutes per game on loaded teams was harder than Duncan playing over 150 games in college over 4 years?

gonna call BS on that one. you don't actually think that.

and if you do...could you tell me how we should quantify Duncan's college play? should it hold any value at all for longevity?

SexSymbol
07-18-2014, 02:50 PM
so you think kobe's 2 years of starting 7 games and playing 20 minutes per game on loaded teams was harder than Duncan playing over 150 games in college over 4 years?

gonna call BS on that one. you don't actually think that.
You say starting 7 games like he only played 7 games total those two years.
A gruelling NBA schedule with constant travel for such a young guy is incredibly hard to adapt to.
I don't know why you're comparing 2 years to 4.
First four years of Kobe in the NBA>Duncan's 4 in college

Dragonyeuw
07-18-2014, 02:51 PM

Bingo.

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 02:55 PM
You say starting 7 games like he only played 7 games total those two years.
A gruelling NBA schedule with constant travel for such a young guy is incredibly hard to adapt to.
I don't know why you're comparing 2 years to 4.
First four years of Kobe in the NBA>Duncan's 4 in college

No. I'm asking you how we should quantify Kobe's first 2 years in the NBA compared to Duncan's college years.

Kobe played like 140 games, started 7, played 20 minutes a game on loaded teams winning around 60 with prime Shaq.

Of course Kobe's first 4 were harder than Duncan's 4 in college...

I'm asking you how we should quantify Duncan's college years. I'm assuming you'd at least agree we can't completely ignore them.

So that is my question...because Duncan's first 4 years in the NBA were considerably more difficult than Kobe's first 4...aren't even remotely close actually.

ralph_i_el
07-18-2014, 03:03 PM
If you were impressed with Wizards Jordan that's your first problem. Shotjacked with shitty efficiency, marginalized his teammates, set the franchise back years .

SexSymbol
07-18-2014, 03:17 PM
No. I'm asking you how we should quantify Kobe's first 2 years in the NBA compared to Duncan's college years.

Kobe played like 140 games, started 7, played 20 minutes a game on loaded teams winning around 60 with prime Shaq.

Of course Kobe's first 4 were harder than Duncan's 4 in college...

I'm asking you how we should quantify Duncan's college years. I'm assuming you'd at least agree we can't completely ignore them.

So that is my question...because Duncan's first 4 years in the NBA were considerably more difficult than Kobe's first 4...aren't even remotely close actually.
That's were it ends.

truhooper
07-18-2014, 03:24 PM

* Averaged 28 PPG
* Won his 5th MVP
* Won his 6th title
* Won his 6th FMVP

* Averaged 27 PPG
:applause: :roll:

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 03:26 PM
That's were it ends.

No it doesn't....because you aren't doing anything with Duncan's college years....

Nor are you realizing how much harder Duncan's first 4 years were in the NBA compared to Kobe's

FYI

Kobe played 28.5 minutes and started 119 games in his first 4 years combined in the NBA

Duncan played 38.9 minutes and started 288 games in his first 4 years combined

Are you serious with this shit?

KG215
07-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Lolz, you Monkey, go back to your Tree... Calling the Lakers the Most stacked team as if that wasn't largely due to Kobe himself. Take that C*ck outta your mouth. College ball is in no way shape or form harder than an 82 game grind. At worst you can say they had even milage.
Seriously? Is your reading comprehension that bad? He's talking about Kobe's first two years in the league.

1996-1997: Kobe averaged 16 MPG and 7.5 PPG, Lakers went 56-26.

1997-1998: Kobe averaged 26 MPG and 15.4 PPG. Lakers went 61-21.

Why do Duncan's college minutes/mileage need to be discounted? No one is going to argue an 82-game schedule is more grinding than a college schedule, but in terms of added mileage, you can't just ignore the added minutes accumulated by Duncan (and others) during their college careers when comparing them to a player who skipped college.

Duncan tallied an additional 128 games and 4,492 minutes played during his four college seasons. Why should that be ignored and/or not taken into consideration?

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Seriously? Is your reading comprehension that bad? He's talking about Kobe's first two years in the league.

Why do Duncan's college minutes/mileage need to be discounted? No one is going to argue an 82-game schedule is more grinding than a college schedule, but in terms of added mileage, you can't just ignore the added minutes accumulated by Duncan (and others) during their college careers when comparing them to a player who skipped college.

Duncan tallied an additional 128 games and 4,492 minutes played during his four college seasons. Why should that be ignored and/or not taken into consideration?

Bingo.

And, take a look at the above where I compared Kobe's first 4 years in the league to Duncan's first 4 years.

Knoe Itawl
07-18-2014, 03:53 PM
No it doesn't....because you aren't doing anything with Duncan's college years....

Nor are you realizing how much harder Duncan's first 4 years were in the NBA compared to Kobe's

FYI

Kobe played 28.5 minutes and started 119 games in his first 4 years combined in the NBA

Duncan played 38.9 minutes and started 288 games in his first 4 years combined

Are you serious with this shit?

This guy is either a moron or just trolling you, you haven't figured that out yet? He hasn't posted one coherent reply to any of the points you've made. After a while it's time to disengage. No one with any common sense would look at both of your posts on the subject and say "Boy that SexSymbol sure schooled DMavs".

It does always amuse me that you STILL act shocked about the idiocy that Kobe stans display after all this time. :oldlol:

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 03:55 PM
This guy is either a moron or just trolling you, you haven't figured that out yet? He hasn't posted one coherent reply to any of the points you've made. After a while it's time to disengage. No one with any common sense would look at both of your posts on the subject and say "Boy that SexSymbol sure schooled DMavs".

It does always amuse me that you STILL act shocked about the idiocy that Kobe stans display after all this time. :oldlol:

What can I say. I always reply to every post to me and give people the benefit.

I'm hoping that at some point logic and reason will win the day.

:confusedshrug: :cheers:

Dragonyeuw
07-18-2014, 05:22 PM

Why do Duncan's

Its an inconvenient truth to their argument. Not only should Duncan's college career be considered, but Duncan has played 16 playoffs in 17 seasons, and played no less than 32 minutes a game over 234 games to Kobe's 220. He easily has as much, if not more, mileage than Kobe does.

DMAVS41
07-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Its an inconvenient truth to their argument. Not only should Duncan's college career be considered, but Duncan has played 16 playoffs in 17 seasons, and played no less than 32 minutes a game over 234 games to Kobe's 220. He easily has as much, if not more, mileage than Kobe does.

He has way more.

He's started like 100 plus more games in his career and he's started like 34 more playoff games.

Not even counting college....Duncan has way better longevity.

Magic 32
07-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Jordan lost 2 seasons due to retirement and was a star in College. Where is Kobe's National Title or Naismith award? Nice worthless 17th season Kobe. How about those additional 4 MVP awards?

Kobe how does MY ass taste?

Doesn't this just say everything you need to know about fandom?