PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge overrated....

I.R.Beast
07-18-2014, 06:37 PM
He's always been a damned good PF among the better ones....his rebounding has never been that good and his shot attempts for a PF has always been high by the position averages.... Last season was a very good season for him..However people make it seem as though he's leaps and bounds better than other guys such as blake griffin and david lee etc. In reality all he did last season, other than improve his rebounding was increase his shot OUTPUT... he shot about 4 more ball last year to average only 3 more points than he did the previous season...

He took 21 shots a game to average 23 points(46%) where as guys like griffin took noticeably less shots to average about the same or a couple points less..
Griffin(17 shots -24 points) ...Lee(14 shots 18 points)... I feel as though given all those shots that these guys that do more work at the rim and around it would average more points maintaining their efficiency or close to it...

or call me crazy

Inferno
07-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Yea he falls in love with the jumper

Lebronxrings
07-18-2014, 07:02 PM
he IS leaps and bounds above david lee. Griffin is debatable.

Milbuck
07-18-2014, 07:05 PM
I can't ever talk about shit about LMA...the way he wiped his ass with the Rockets in games 1 & 2, it was just incredible.

Beastmode88
07-18-2014, 07:12 PM
I can't ever talk about shit about LMA...the way he wiped his ass with the Rockets in games 1 & 2, it was just incredible.

Pretty much this.

KNOW1EDGE
07-18-2014, 07:13 PM

Exactly. He's the best PF in the game right now.

305Baller
07-18-2014, 07:18 PM

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130707032319/amnesia/images/5/52/This-icon.jpg

La Frescobaldi
07-18-2014, 07:21 PM
the dude is elite.

avonbarksdale
07-18-2014, 07:27 PM
meh he was pretty good in the playoffs, but griffin is better

he is much better than david lee, thats a bad comparison

SupermanOnSteroids
07-18-2014, 07:29 PM
IMO Kevin Love is much better than Aldridge.

Smoke117
07-18-2014, 07:30 PM

That was vs the pathetic Rockets and their horrible defense. He was just hot for those two games and finished the playoffs with 26.2ppg on 22.7 shot attempts...and that's WITH THOSE TWO GAMES VS THE ROCKETS. He wasn't even any better this past season than last season...he just shot more. He's a good player, but he's not a max level player and has definitely become incredibly overrated for what he does bring to his team. The Blazers winning has basically made everyone overrate him. Every other starter on that team has good-great effiency while his is garbage. They were winning with their offense for the most part, but it wasn't because of Aldridge.

Jailblazers7
07-18-2014, 07:30 PM
He kind of reminds me of Sheedy offensively except a bit less talented with his back to the basket. I think him and Lopez are a top 3 pairing in the frontcourt with how well they fit together.

I.R.Beast
07-23-2014, 12:41 AM
That was vs the pathetic Rockets and their horrible defense. He was just hot for those two games and finished the playoffs with 26.2ppg on 22.7 shot attempts...and that's WITH THOSE TWO GAMES VS THE ROCKETS. He wasn't even any better this past season than last season...he just shot more. He's a good player, but he's not a max level player and has definitely become incredibly overrated for what he does bring to his team. The Blazers winning has basically made everyone overrate him. Every other starter on that team has good-great effiency while his is garbage. They were winning with their offense for the most part, but it wasn't because of Aldridge.

This...he's a chucking PF...

hawksdogsbraves
07-23-2014, 12:43 AM
IMO Kevin Love is much better than Aldridge.

He absolutely is, there's really no way you can argue that point other than saying 'well the Blazers are a better team'.

Fudge
07-23-2014, 12:45 AM
I've never considered him to be better than Griffin. I think he's right behind him among PF's actually. And yes, his efficiency is the main reason why. I'd still take him over most elite PF's right now tho.