PDA

View Full Version : Bennett+Wiggins Sitting Out Tonight's Summer League Game

Meticode
07-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Jason Lloyd ‏@JasonLloydABJ 11m
Wiggins, Bennett won't play tonight for #Cavs. Team says plan was always for them to play in just 4 summer league games if all went well.

Ironic...

Thunderfan86
07-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Inb4 traded

navy
07-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Love

D-Rose
07-18-2014, 10:19 PM
That's really weird...weird that playing only 4 games comes out now...same day that both are rumored to be in a trade. Seems fishy.

AnaheimLakers24
07-18-2014, 10:20 PM
LeMefirst at it again

04mzwach
07-18-2014, 10:21 PM
It seems like the Wolves, Cavs and the media are working together to make us think something is going down only to piss us off in the end by doing nothing. :lol

dreamwarrior
07-18-2014, 10:23 PM
bennet + wiggins + 1st 2015 2nd 2016 and $2m cash for Love.

04mzwach
07-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Truth be told, the more they blow up this trade...the more they'll know how their fans feel about it.

RedBlackAttack
07-18-2014, 10:31 PM
They did the same thing last year with Dion/Zeller. This is not at all uncommon. Everyone is reporting the Cavs planned it from the start of SL.

stalkerforlife
07-18-2014, 10:47 PM
They're gone.

They mortgaged their future for another stat stuffing loser.

Meticode
07-18-2014, 10:49 PM
They did the same thing last year with Dion/Zeller. This is not at all uncommon. Everyone is reporting the Cavs planned it from the start of SL.
Those players are in their second year. Seems weird to sit rookie Wiggins in-my-opinion. He needs all the experience he can get, but hey, I don't know anything.

Dr.J4ever
07-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Those players are in their second year. Seems weird to sit rookie Wiggins in-my-opinion. He needs all the experience he can get, but hey, I don't know anything.

I read it somewhere, lost track where, that if they sit down Wiggins or whoever else in this game, it will mean they are about to be traded. If I recall, it was a local Cleveland based site.

El Gato Negro
07-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Blatt already benching people! :banana:

JohnMax
07-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Good, good, raising that trade value up

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1186332/family-guy-good-good-o.gif <-- Lebron

russwest0
07-18-2014, 11:22 PM

OKC does this with all of their rookies and players in general. Everyone gets to rest at least one game.

Is this not a common practice for other teams as well?

04mzwach
07-18-2014, 11:36 PM
ESPN NBA INSIDER ‏@ESPNNBAInsider 2h
Source: Trade involving Wiggins and Bennet for Kevin Love was near completion, until #Wolves wanted to add Waiters in the proposal

Dragic4Life
07-18-2014, 11:42 PM
Gone!!!!:banana:

04mzwach
07-18-2014, 11:45 PM
There's more possibility of the Warriors including Klay Thompson whether they actually do or not.

04mzwach
07-19-2014, 12:07 AM
Gone!!!!:banana:
I agree..

El Gato Negro
07-19-2014, 12:13 AM
this is all just more smoke screen, cavs dont leak stuff to the media so they are guessing with these trade scenarios.

stalkerforlife
07-19-2014, 12:17 AM
Source: Trade involving Wiggins and Bennet for Kevin Love was near completion, until #Wolves wanted to add Waiters in the proposal

Wolves trying to gut the Cavs. :roll: :applause:

lilteapot
07-19-2014, 12:27 AM
There's nothing "ironic" about that at all FFS.

rightsideup
07-19-2014, 12:59 AM
personally I would like to see if Lebron could mentor Wiggins/and Bennett but I do not see him as having the patience both are going to be solid player's given the opportunity and if the Roster stays pat and they do not play Bennett they should send him to the d league for pt . He is a lot better this year than last.

SpecialQue
07-19-2014, 01:00 AM

:lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed:

russwest0
07-19-2014, 01:05 AM
Wolves trying to gut the Cavs. :roll: :applause:

turns out LeBron has only 48 hours to decide if he wants to pull the trigger on this trade or not

RedBlackAttack
07-19-2014, 01:09 AM
Shabazz Napier sat out for the Heat tonight as well, fwiw. Napier for Love?

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 01:15 AM
if this move came from Blatt, he's probably just trying to treat everyone equally.

or the good ole' cliche that he expects equal effort from everyone on the team, regardless of talents/skills/years in the league.

sources...

navy
07-19-2014, 01:17 AM
Why is Wiggins playing Summer league without a contract anyways?

Meticode
07-19-2014, 01:32 AM
I read it somewhere, lost track where, that if they sit down Wiggins or whoever else in this game, it will mean they are about to be traded. If I recall, it was a local Cleveland based site.
Yes, but this was the first game of Summer League they were speaking of.

Meticode
07-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Of course not, he's not involved in any trade talks. The players that sat tonight for the Cavaliers have been mentioned for Love for weeks now.

Meticode
07-19-2014, 01:36 AM
There's nothing "ironic" about that at all FFS.
Sure there is, a bunch of rumors are coming out that Wiggins is on the table, but the Cavs and everyone else is downplaying it saying that Wiggins isn't involved in ANY trade talks for Love right now as of today, but your #1 pick sits tonight when expected to play to get as much experience as he can.

i

RedBlackAttack
07-19-2014, 01:40 AM
[QUOTE=Meticode]Sure there is, a bunch of rumors are coming out that Wiggins is on the table, but the Cavs and everyone else is downplaying it saying that Wiggins isn't involved in ANY trade talks for Love right now as of today, but your #1 pick sits tonight when expected to play to get as much experience as he can.

i

Sarcastic
07-19-2014, 01:42 AM
Sitting out or not, Wiggins is getting traded.

RedBlackAttack
07-19-2014, 01:43 AM
Of course not, he's not involved in any trade talks. The players that sat tonight for the Cavaliers have been mentioned for Love for weeks now.
I don't follow. So, it is common for highly touted rookies to sit in the last SL game unless they are involved in Internet rumors, in which case their sitting means something differently?

Meticode
07-19-2014, 01:50 AM
I don't follow. So, it is common for highly touted rookies to sit in the last SL game unless they are involved in Internet rumors, in which case their sitting means something differently?
Don't follow me. It's a dark place. You want none of what I have.

P.S. - Delete my thread I made last night please. About the actual trade happening.

Meticode
08-23-2014, 01:18 PM

Interesting...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 12m
With permission of Wolves and NBA, Dan Gilbert and Kevin Love met in Las Vegas during July summer league, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I've believed this for the past month. The trade was nearly done during Summer League and even though a lot of teams shut down players towards the end of Summer League. I think in the Cavs case it was because Love coming to Cleveland was imminent.

kennethgriffin
08-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Interesting...

I've believed this for the past month. The trade was nearly done during Summer League and even though a lot of teams shut down players towards the end of Summer League. I think in the Cavs case it was because Love coming to Cleveland was imminent.

so isnt this tampering? veto's? na just kobe and the lakers get shafted by the league lol

Meticode
08-23-2014, 01:47 PM
so isnt this tampering? veto's? na just kobe and the lakers get shafted by the league lol
Nope.

The Lakers got overturned for a completely different reason. It's a completely different situation, not sure why people keep bringing it up.

RedBlackAttack
08-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Interesting...

It has been blatantly obvious for the past month that the deal was done. In fact, we've known that Wiggins and Bennett were going to be gone for about a month, too. Not sure why you chose now to bump this thread.

That final SL game was not an indicator. The final SL games always suck because the best prospects usually don't play in it.

Meticode
08-23-2014, 03:35 PM
It has been blatantly obvious for the past month that the deal was done. In fact, we've known that Wiggins and Bennett were going to be gone for about a month, too. Not sure why you chose now to bump this thread.

That final SL game was not an indicator. The final SL games always suck because the best prospects usually don't play in it.
Un huh...