PDA

View Full Version : When the Spurs win again. Will people be pissed?

L8krH8tr
07-18-2014, 10:58 PM
People hate this team but theyre going to win again and nobody even talks about them.

iTare
07-18-2014, 11:00 PM
People are always pissed when one team wins.

Skyscraper
07-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Might win the next two rings

then this forum will be all up in arms about how 6/6 > 7/8

go back to math class for your fractions numbnutss

navy
07-18-2014, 11:02 PM
People hating on the Spurs?

Spurs repeating?

:roll:

russwest0
07-18-2014, 11:02 PM
If the Thunder are healthy, they won't get past them.

They got pretty lucky that Ibaka was hurt. Before then they had lost like 8 straight to OKC :lol

It's not even so much that Ibaka was hurt either, it's how Brooks reacted to it and completely screwed the Thunder.

stalkerforlife
07-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Nope.

Any real basketball guru wants this kind of team to win.

LoneyROY7
07-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Yes.

bballnoob1192
07-18-2014, 11:07 PM
**** the Spurs. They wont win again. they will lose in the first round.

To4
07-18-2014, 11:07 PM
ISH will implode, Lebron stans will hate Tim and Co. even more.

J Shuttlesworth
07-18-2014, 11:08 PM
Nope.

Any real basketball guru wants this kind of team to win.
Curious... did you want the 02 Kings to win against the Lakers?

Skyscraper
07-18-2014, 11:10 PM

I did

02 Nets would have had a closer chance to win (though Kings still had more firepower)

BOth teams back then ran the Princeton offense with lots of open court opportunities and swarming team defense.

Would have been poetry in motion... though dreadful ratings as the only thing people wanted to watch back then was Kobe balll and Shaq tornadoes wrecking on poor Todd McCullough

russwest0
07-18-2014, 11:13 PM
The only reason I still have the Spurs about level with OKC and 1b to them in the West is because I know that their coach can respond to injuries and adjust 100x better than Scott Brooks.

If the Thunder were fully healthy these past 2 seasons though, they would have made the Finals a minimum of 2, and a strong possibility of 3 times in a row.

i cant dunk
07-18-2014, 11:23 PM
You need to have a really good team with a great coach to beat the spurs.
the spurs play as one entity, everybody knows their role to the Tee. theres no ****ing around on that team, barely any boneheaded shots or plays. if you dont make the right pass at the right time or the right play at the right time it will get pointed out to you. theres no pass for superstars making dumb plays or being lazy on defence.

Teams like the thunder can't ever match up to them. players believe there entitled to a certain amount of shots and just shooting because they feel like it. they shoot to get their own. meanwhile each and every player on the spurs is trying to win the game.

i believe in the repeat, go spurs!

stalkerforlife
07-18-2014, 11:30 PM

Kobe eats first.

If he's full, I want to see a team win that didn't collude to form a super team.

ninephive
07-18-2014, 11:36 PM
The only reason I still have the Spurs about level with OKC and 1b to them in the West is because I know that their coach can respond to injuries and adjust 100x better than Scott Brooks.

If the Thunder were fully healthy these past 2 seasons though, they would have made the Finals a minimum of 2, and a strong possibility of 3 times in a row.
The Thunder have yet to prove they are a championship team, even when healthy. And the Spurs weren't healthy either (Parker's ankle and in hindsight Manu's leg), but still took care of business.

Brokenbeat
07-18-2014, 11:38 PM
Lol, nobody hates the Spurs - they're like the Tom Hanks of the NBA.

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Not happening.

bballnoob1192
07-19-2014, 12:17 AM
**** tom hanks. and **** the spurs

Beastmode88
07-19-2014, 12:29 AM
**** tom hanks. and **** the spurs

i guess this guy only likes hero ball.

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 12:41 AM
not really, the Celtics screwed it up.

well, not really screwed it up. Ray Allen just really didn't support what the Spurs were doing I guess.

SCdac
07-19-2014, 12:47 AM
**** Tom Hanks?? come on man, Forrest Gump and the Burbs were badass

diamenz
07-19-2014, 02:10 AM

um... i think his name is tim honks.

kennethgriffin
07-19-2014, 02:15 AM
i actually hope the spurs do win again

if duncan tied jordan in rings. then all of a sudden all those people who said duncan passed kobe with a 15ppg playoffs ring will start to wake up

if duncan comes back for another role player ring and grabs #6... kobe fans wont be on their own for once

theres a big difference between

non finals mvp and 29ppg playoffs

and

non finals mvp and 15ppg playoffs

and he aint no defensive legend guys. atleast not anymore. he didnt even make 2nd team last year...

i mean hes still a good defensive player. but it isnt carrying the spurs. its their top to bottom offense/depth and coaching

so GO SPURS GO!

:cheers:

J Shuttlesworth
07-19-2014, 02:41 AM
i actually hope the spurs do win again

if duncan tied jordan in rings. then all of a sudden all those people who said duncan passed kobe with a 15ppg playoffs ring will start to wake up

if duncan comes back for another role player ring and grabs #6... kobe fans wont be on their own for once

theres a big difference between

non finals mvp and 29ppg playoffs

and

non finals mvp and 15ppg playoffs

and he aint no defensive legend guys. atleast not anymore. he didnt even make 2nd team last year...

i mean hes still a good defensive player. but it isnt carrying the spurs. its their top to bottom offense/depth and coaching

so GO SPURS GO!

:cheers:
He's already better than Kobe, but 6 rings won't make him better than Jordan.

6 Rings, 2 MVPs, 3 FMVPs

Better than Kobe, not better than 6 ring, 5 MVP, 6 FMVP MJ

Meticode
07-19-2014, 02:42 AM
I wouldn't be pissed. Spurs are legit.

kennethgriffin
07-19-2014, 02:53 AM
He's already better than Kobe, but 6 rings won't make him better than Jordan.

6 Rings, 2 MVPs, 3 FMVPs

Better than Kobe, not better than 6 ring, 5 MVP, 6 FMVP MJ

i dunno man

i got kobe over duncan cause of key things

4-2 head to head in playoff matchups

kobe would never lose finals mvp to tony parker

kobe would never lose finals mvp to kawhi leonard

kobe would never be outperformed offensively by ginobili in 2005

kobe has infinitely more nba records and milestones

kobe has infinitely more pressure to be great while duncan flew under the radar

kobe got 5 titles while only having phil jackson for like 10 years. ( going to 7 finals during that time )

duncan got 5 titles while having pop for all 17 years ( going to 6 finals during that time )

kobe has more all nba 1st teams ( even though duncan has the chance to make any of F,F,C spots )

kobe has more all defensive 1st teams ( ditto )

kobe averaged 28ppg up till his 17th season

duncan averaged 15-17ppg for his 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th seasons

nash has 2 mvps aswell... and more than kobe, shaq, oscar, hakeem

i don't really care if duncan has more mvps because the media has hated kobe since him and shaq split

funnystuff
07-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Its weird but the Spurs are one of the very few teams that puts a smile on my face when they are struggling.

They are cocky pricks in the most nonchalant way.

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 09:45 AM
kenneth reaching hard.:roll:

T_L_P
07-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Its weird but the Spurs are one of the very few teams that puts a smile on my face when they are struggling.

They are cocky pricks in the most nonchalant way.

Of course you say it's nonchalant. That way you don't have to qualify what you say.

Idiot. :roll:

But just out of interest: what makes you say they are cocky?

Purch
07-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Griffin this issue with you making the non finals mvp argument against Duncan, is he still has more finals Mvp's. So even though Jordan fans can use it as an argument, it doesn't make much sense to use it for Kobe.

funnystuff
07-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Of course you say it's nonchalant. That way you don't have to qualify what you say.

Idiot. :roll:

But just out of interest: what makes you say they are cocky?
Hmm, how about when Duncan puts on his classic "what did i do" face? I've seen him use that face after getting all arm when going up for a block. (But thats when the refs rarely call something on duncan)

Some people may think "Awh, what a genuine player" but others see through it and want to punch that manipulative little fairy.

T_L_P
07-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Hmm, how about when Duncan puts on his classic "what did i do" face? I've seen him use that face after getting all arm when going up for a block. (But thats when the refs rarely call something on duncan)

Some people may think "Awh, what a genuine player" but others see through it and want to punch that manipulative little fairy.

It's hardly cockiness. It's not even entitlement. It's something the vast majority of players do -- Duncan, admittedly, does it more than most. If you hate the Spurs because of that then you should hate every team with a star (Kobe does it, LeBron does it, Durant/Westbrook do it, Griffin and Paul do it).

But again, I don't really know how that makes the entire organisation cocky. Popovich does nothing but sing the praises of other teams/players. The reigning Finals MVP is too shy to even do halftime interviews. Manu is just a hard worker.

The only really arrogant Spur is Parker. He is quite cocky. :confusedshrug:

Honestly though, this post screams of contempt. You obviously have problems with Duncan for something other than his "crying to the refs." What is it, exactly? Dislike his style? How dominant he's been? How respected he is?

Also, can I ask what team you are a fan of?

r0drig0lac
07-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Thunder has no chance of beating the Spurs

Skyscraper
07-19-2014, 10:19 AM
while basketball purists may like the Spurs way of play, there are a few reasons why the vast majority of NBA fans (casual, stans, fairweather, w/e you want to call them) cannot relate to the Spurs

has nothing to do with small market.

1) Most non diehard fans watch the NBA for the dunks, crossovers, travels, and spectacular athletic plays
(If they wanted to watch basketball played the "real way" they would just turn on the NCAA tournament instead)

2) Most non diehard fans watch the NBA are from big cities or at least nearby cosmopolitan areas.
NBA is a big city game with the glitz and glamour.
The Spurs filming of hokey San Antonio grocery store commercials is as far from cosmopolitan as you can get

3) Most non diehard fans want to see Team USA and seeing the Spurs reminds them of Team World

4) Most non diehard fans want to see the legacies of Lebron and Kobe built higher and higher and the Spurs are getting in the way of that pissing contest

Pretty soon, Duncan will get in the way of Jordan

funnystuff
07-19-2014, 10:22 AM
It's hardly cockiness. It's not even entitlement. It's something the vast majority of players do -- Duncan, admittedly, does it more than most. If you hate the Spurs because of that then you should hate every team with a star (Kobe does it, LeBron does it, Durant/Westbrook do it, Griffin and Paul do it).

But again, I don't really know how that makes the entire organisation cocky. Popovich does nothing but sing the praises of other teams/players. The reigning Finals MVP is too shy to even do halftime interviews. Manu is just a hard worker.

The only really arrogant Spur is Parker. He is quite cocky. :confusedshrug:

Honestly though, this post screams of contempt. You obviously have problems with Duncan for something other than his "crying to the refs." What is it, exactly?

Also, can I ask what team you are a fan of?
Lets put it this way, I like seeing the Spurs fail because they are, essentially, the current Goliath of the NBA. Who doesn't want to see the big man fall?

Duncan has been a favorite of the refs for quite some time.

And Parker? Cmon man, every frenchman is an arrogant asshole.

And to answer that, ive been an avid NBA veiwer since 95, was born in Detroit in the later 80s. I was a huge bad boy Pistons fan. Nowadays i just find myself watching anything, and following a few of my favorite players and yea, rooting against the best. :cheers:

T_L_P
07-19-2014, 10:29 AM
Lets put it this way, I like seeing the Spurs fail because they are, essentially, the current Goliath of the NBA. Who doesn't want to see the big man fall?

Duncan has been a favorite of the refs for quite some time.

And Parker? Cmon man, every frenchman is an arrogant asshole.

And to answer that, ive been an avid NBA veiwer since 95, was born in Detroit in the later 80s. I was a huge bad boy Pistons fan. Nowadays i just find myself watching anything, and following a few of my favorite players and yea, rooting against the best. :cheers:

Okay, I can see where you are coming from now.

Duncan does get some ref treatment, but I'd argue it's about as much as any other star. I think the refs let the Spurs as a whole play tougher defense because they're among the most formidable defensive teams post-Jordan.

It's just in your previous post you made Duncan/Spurs out to be bad for the game or something.

All good though. :cheers:

Purch
07-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Lol Rasheed and Duncan have the same "I've never committed a foul in my life" face. It cracks me up :roll: