PDA

View Full Version : Dwight on Chandler Parson's departure: "It won't affect us at all"

Dragic4Life
07-18-2014, 11:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11233243/dwight-howard-says-chandler-parsons-leaving-affect-houston-rockets

ATLANTA -- Dwight Howard doesn't believe the departure of Chandler Parsons will have a major impact on the Houston Rockets' title hopes next season.

"It won't affect us at all," Howard said Friday of Parsons signing a three-year, $45-million deal with the Dallas Mavericks.

Parsons was a three-year starter that complemented Howard and guard James Harden.

"We have myself and James," Howard said. "We have the best center and the best two guard in the game on the same team. It's on us."

Howard, who spoke at his father's 10th annual Howard/Howard basketball camp in Atlanta, said he wishes his former teammate well with the Mavericks. But Howard said he and Harden will be able to carry the load without the 25-year-old Parsons, who had career highs with 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists for the Rockets last season.

Dat team chemistry. Dat Fright Coward mentality.:bowdown: :bowdown:

Cocaine80s
07-18-2014, 11:45 PM
#shots

Jameerthefear
07-18-2014, 11:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11233243/dwight-howard-says-chandler-parsons-leaving-affect-houston-rockets

Dat team chemistry. Dat Fright Coward mentality.:bowdown: :bowdown:
what is he supposed to say? "well now were gonna suck. way to go morey."

no pun intended
07-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Seriously though, who the hell is on this team besides Howard and Harden?

stalkerforlife
Shots fired.

Jealous of Parsons looks, max contract, and swag?

Dragic4Life
Howard said. "We have the best center and the best two guard in the game on the same team. It's on us."

Delusional.:oldlol:

Jameerthefear
07-18-2014, 11:47 PM
Shots fired.

Jealous of Parsons looks, max contract, and swag?
honestly dwight is cuter than parsons.

UK2K
07-18-2014, 11:47 PM
Houston will finish within +/- 3 of their win total last season.

#4/5 seed.

Like I said, only on ISH is the myth that Houston has fallen off perpetuated.

Dragic4Life
07-18-2014, 11:48 PM
:biggums:

stalkerforlife

You're nuts.

SpecialQue

It actually took me a minute until I remembered Beverly.

JohnFreeman
07-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Best center? Best shooting guard? :roll:

stalkerforlife
07-18-2014, 11:49 PM

To be fair, who's better?

Spaulding
07-18-2014, 11:50 PM
It actually took me a minute until I remembered Beverly.

Terrance Jones came to mind for me.

Jameerthefear
he's definitely the best center...
and harden is the best SG too. tbh.

Smook A.
This.

People are overreacting about what Dwight said.

stalkerforlife
07-18-2014, 11:51 PM

Asik, Lin, Parsons...wait, nevermind.

Dragic4Life
07-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Asik, Lin, Parsons...wait, nevermind.
:roll:

Cocaine80s
07-18-2014, 11:53 PM

#4/5 seed.

u crazy as hell is you think losing Parsons and Asik doesnt mean shit

Dragic4Life
07-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Sure Dwight is the best center, FOR NOW. We have Cousins and Drummond and Noah on the rise though.

Hard best SG?:roll:

Spaulding
07-18-2014, 11:54 PM

Dwight I'd say is arugably the best center.

I'd say Ellis and healthy Wade are better SG than Harden.

Stephenson and Thompson are under Harden but can see them passing him up if he doesn't improve his D and consistency.

Jameerthefear
07-18-2014, 11:56 PM
Sure Dwight is the best center, FOR NOW. We have Cousins and Drummond and Noah on the rise though.

Hard best SG?:roll:
cousins and drummond are still pretty far away. they aren't close to capable of what dwight did in the playoffs even this year. noah has literally never been better than dwight so lol.

Dragic4Life
Honestly at this point I'll rather have Noah on my team than Dwight.

Cousins too maybe.

zoom17
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/dwight-chandler.jpg

Jameerthefear
Dwight I'd say is arugably the best center.

Stephenson and Thompson are under Harden but can see them passing him up if he doesn't improve his D and consistency.
healthy wade doesn't exist. ellis isn't better than harden either lmao. wow u guys are biased. no way in hell are those guys better than harden.

Jameerthefear
07-19-2014, 12:00 AM
even in the playoffs where harden played pretty poorly he was still better than ellis lol.
wade was pretty shitty in the finals but everywhere else he was good. there isn't really much of a defensive gap either. wade at this point is a poor defender too.

crisoner
07-19-2014, 12:01 AM
F*ck Coward

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 12:03 AM
No team chemistry AT ALL. Morey thinks this is 2K association mode lol.

Team ain't winning shit.

SyRyanYang
07-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Well, he's not wrong. They will be 1st round exit as usual.

WeGetRing2012
07-19-2014, 12:20 AM

Dwight sucks. I would take a lot of PF who play the C position over Howard like Aldridge,Bosh,Duncan, and Anthony Davis.

For actual C's I would take Gasol,Drummond,Cousins, and Noah over him. Seriously Dwight has to be one of the most immature players in the league and he is walking liability. He has no post game but demands the ball and can't be on the floor at the end of close games because he can't make his free throws. Pointless! Lillard's shot to send the Rockets home was only possible because Dwight missed free throws at the end of that game. Just checked and Dwight was 1/5 on his final free throws. :facepalm It happens all the time with him...

RoundMoundOfReb
07-19-2014, 12:28 AM
I thought they were like best friends

stalkerforlife
07-19-2014, 12:29 AM
I thought they were like best friends

They went on Maury and Dwight was the daddy.

Things have never been the same.

bagelred
07-19-2014, 12:30 AM
Fots Shired!

stalkerforlife
07-19-2014, 12:30 AM
Dwight sucks. I would take a lot of PF who play the C position over Howard like Aldridge,Bosh,Duncan, and Anthony Davis.

For actual C's I would take Gasol,Drummond,Cousins, and Noah over him. Seriously Dwight has to be one of the most immature players in the league and he is walking liability. He has no post game but demands the ball and can't be on the floor at the end of close games because he can't make his free throws. Pointless! Lillard's shot to send the Rockets home was only possible because Dwight missed free throws at the end of that game. Just checked and Dwight was 1/5 on his final free throws. :facepalm It happens all the time with him...

Fair enough.

Jameerthefear
07-19-2014, 12:31 AM

lol

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 12:32 AM

:applause:

Cone
07-19-2014, 12:35 AM
healthy wade doesn't exist. ellis isn't better than harden either lmao. wow u guys are biased. no way in hell are those guys better than harden.

dwight is the best center, but give me ellis over harden any day.

he easily outperformed harden against the best team in the league with kawhi on him. put lillard on ellis and he drops 25+ easy.

harden and love are so overrated

masonanddixon
07-19-2014, 12:53 AM

he easily outperformed harden against the best team in the league with kawhi on him. put lillard on ellis and he drops 25+ easy.

harden and love are so overrated

I am a huge Monta fan as well...I just want him to spend all offseason working on his midrange game.

Rocketswin2013
07-19-2014, 12:55 AM
You can't debate with someone who thinks Monta is better than Harden.

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 12:56 AM
they might fall closer to the lower bracked of the playoff standing just because that second unit/bench.

unless any major trade goes down, in which I don't see how the Rockets have the pieces.

Even if Dwight up his minutes from 33 to his Orlando days of 37-38.
Harden is going to continuously be on chucking mode.

masonanddixon
07-19-2014, 12:57 AM

Totally different players. Harden is the better first option, Monta the better 2nd option.

BigBoss
07-19-2014, 12:57 AM
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/files/2014/06/Dwight-Howard-16-year-old-girl.jpg

http://www.blackmediascoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Screen-Shot-2014-06-05-at-7.09.14-PM-620x314.png

Threethrows
07-19-2014, 12:59 AM

#4/5 seed.

What they've lost vs what they've added is definitely a "minus".

Off season isn't over yet though.

However whether or not they take a big step back they have failed miserably this off season given their goals and expectations. Pathetic use of assets. That's the issue. They did nothing to get better and certainly look worse as of now.

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 01:00 AM

well, we just gotta work on the definition of "argument"

if there are no arguments to be made.
correct, you can't debate with someone.

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 01:02 AM
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/files/2014/06/Dwight-Howard-16-year-old-girl.jpg

http://www.blackmediascoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Screen-Shot-2014-06-05-at-7.09.14-PM-620x314.png

that 500 million dollar economy

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

kentatm
07-19-2014, 01:04 AM

:lol :applause:

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 01:08 AM
Totally different players. Harden is the better first option, Monta the better 2nd option.

don't know if you can define # option on players who can make the open shots.

in terms of iso play, it might be easier to compare players from different positions in terms of who may be the better first option, and who the better 2nd option.

masonanddixon
07-19-2014, 01:12 AM
don't know if you can define # option on players who can make the open shots.

in terms of iso play, it might be easier to compare players from different positions in terms of who may be the better first option, and who the better 2nd option.

Well what I mean is that if I am starting a team from scratch and need a guy to build around I will take Harden. But if I already have an established star and need someone to fill more of complementary role its Monta.

TheMarkMadsen
07-19-2014, 01:22 AM
You won 2 playoff games..

Not to affect

AintNoSunshine
07-19-2014, 01:22 AM
How this bish has any fans:wtf: Fukk this loser, he and Harden are a match made heaven.

Angel Face
07-19-2014, 01:34 AM
You know how shitty NBA Centers nowadays if Dwight Howard was the best. He won't be top 10 in the 90s.

:roll:

coin24
07-19-2014, 01:40 AM
Jameer the battered ex who still wants more:lol follows dwight to Houston and still defending that piece of shit:lol

Yeah harden and Howard will really lead that team far..:rolleyes:

CHi1PriDe
07-19-2014, 01:56 AM
I don't get how Dwight's the best center, i put mgasol/noah/duncan over him. I would say hes the best defensive center but he has no offensive moves. He turns over all day and he bricks free throws. Real talk, I would never ever trade joakim for howard.

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Well what I mean is that if I am starting a team from scratch and need a guy to build around I will take Harden. But if I already have an established star and need someone to fill more of complementary role its Monta.

so you would take Monta over Harden even given the exact same contract?

Duggrr
07-19-2014, 02:01 AM
Harden's probably the best SG, but his place in the top NBA players is in the 15 range or so, so it's not saying much. Howard is obviously mentally weak, but I still consider him an elite threat.

CHi1PriDe
07-19-2014, 02:05 AM
Harden's probably the best SG, but his place in the top NBA players is in the 15 range or so, so it's not saying much. Howard is obviously mentally weak, but I still consider him an elite threat.

I'd rather have paul George over harden all day, george is one of the best perimeter defenders while is the first option on the team.

masonanddixon
07-19-2014, 02:10 AM

Depends on the existing makeup of the team. But if I am giving one of them the max it's Harden

Duggrr
07-19-2014, 02:12 AM
I'd rather have paul George over harden all day, george is one of the best perimeter defenders while is the first option on the team.
I consider Paul George a small forward, but I agree that i'd rather have him on my team than Harden

UK2K
07-19-2014, 02:14 AM

However whether or not they take a big step back they have failed miserably this off season given their goals and expectations. Pathetic use of assets. That's the issue. They did nothing to get better and certainly look worse as of now.

They were the 4th youngest team in the league last season.

3rd year starter Harden will be better.
2nd year starter Jones will be better.
2nd year starter Beverly will be better.

Ariza is a better fit than Parsons on that team. He may not be better than Parsons, but on that team he is a better fit.

2nd year Canaan and 2nd year Daniels will be better. 3rd year DMo will be better.

Dwight is the only one on that team who's been a starter more than 2 years. Him and Harden were the only ones to be in the league longer than 3 years until they signed Ariza.

They will finish with a near identical record as last season.

UK2K
07-19-2014, 02:14 AM

Ariza is a better fit than Parsons on that team. He may not be better than Parsons, but on that team he is a better fit.

2nd year Canaan and 2nd year Daniels will be better. 3rd year DMo will be better.

Dwight is the only one on that team who's been a starter more than 2 years. Him and Harden were the only ones to be in the league longer than 3 years until they signed Ariza.

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 02:41 AM
Depends on the existing makeup of the team. But if I am giving one of them the max it's Harden

Ellis is listed at 6-3 175 lbs
Harden listed at 6-5 220 lbs

AnaheimLakers24
07-19-2014, 02:47 AM
klay > larden

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 02:50 AM
I consider Paul George a small forward, but I agree that i'd rather have him on my team than Harden

his ceiling is pretty good.
I'll say that I consider George to be a 26/7/4 type player
while I think Harden can be a 30/5/4 type player

George is going to have the better defense.
But Harden's size is going to be useful anywhere from the 12-14 ft in to the basket area as he draws contacts while keeping players away from the basket.

oh the horror
07-19-2014, 02:54 AM
You're in full fledged denial if you don't think Houston has gotten worse in the offseason.

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 02:54 AM
klay > larden

I wonder if playmakers think more complexly about the game sometime. which while translates into versatility.

It takes them more time to catch up in terms of efficiency.

R.I.P.
07-19-2014, 03:02 AM
cousins and drummond are still pretty far away. they aren't close to capable of what dwight did in the playoffs even this year. noah has literally never been better than dwight so lol.

Not being able to defend Aldridge, while losing in the 1st round. Cousins or Drummond might not get into the play-offs, but I

Milbuck
07-19-2014, 03:08 AM
You're in full fledged denial if you don't think Houston has gotten worse in the offseason.
Pretty much this..the damage control and excuse making is off the charts. Houston is in serious danger of missing the playoffs, they basically swapped Trevor ****ing Ariza for Asik, Parsons, and Lin :oldlol:

kennethgriffin
07-19-2014, 03:08 AM
didnt dwight buy parsons a 200,000$ car just for getting a haircut

he's mad as f*xk

R.I.P.
07-19-2014, 03:10 AM

I would take Monta, if he got the same BS treatment from the refs on his drives that Harden gets. :rant

What

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 03:26 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I would take Monta, if he got the same BS treatment from the refs on his drives that Harden gets. :rant

What

UK2K
07-19-2014, 03:34 AM
I mean Dwight averaged 26,14,2,2 in the series against Portland shooting 55% from the field and 63% from the line while playing elite level defense.

He was the only reason Houston won 2 games.

Houston outscored Portland in the series. That's how close it was. He can only do so much. Its not his fault everyone else on the Rockets was doo doo.

Parsons per 36 #s were 17,6,2 shooting 44% and letting Batum beast on him.
Hardens per 36 #s were 22,6,5 but he only shot 38%.

Dwight did what he could and was the best player in that series by far. By far. Aldridge averaged 26 and 11 even with his two historical games but only shot 45% for a post player which is pretty awful.

Dwight just gets the hate cause he's Dwight.

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 03:46 AM
Dwight just gets the hate cause he's Dwight.

I think Hall of Famers are just going to have a tough choice to make when it comes to his career.

on a pure fan perspective, I don't think he gets hated on.

SpanishACB
07-19-2014, 04:04 AM
kids nowadays mistake self security with delusion.

why would he ever claim he and his friend are the best in the game?

They haven't won a thing...

edit: and I'm pretty sure Memphis rather have Marc, for example.

fiddy
07-19-2014, 04:04 AM
inb4 houston miss the playoffs

ImKobe
07-19-2014, 04:15 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Kobe will have that title this season

COnDEMnED
07-19-2014, 04:30 AM
Are you a mind reader? How the **** did you do that?

BoutPractice
07-19-2014, 05:24 AM
So glad Dwight didn't end up on the Mavs...

YouGotServed
07-19-2014, 05:27 AM
A lot of salty people in this thread. :oldlol:

Smook A.
07-19-2014, 05:30 AM
didnt dwight buy parsons a 200,000$ car just for getting a haircut

he's mad as f*xk
No.... he didn't buy him a car. He just let Chandler ride his for the playoffs.

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 05:32 AM
Jameer like a psycho ex defending mancrush Fright.:lol

Kidbasketball20
07-19-2014, 05:44 AM
Jameer like a psycho ex defending mancrush Fright.:lol
Jammer is always a psycho
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

wally_world
07-19-2014, 01:51 PM
That's right, still a first round exit team :lol

lakerfreak
07-19-2014, 01:54 PM
He could have remained diplomatic about the situation rather than completely trashing all of Parson's contributions. Without Parsons, the blazers probably beat the rockets more easily.

He could have said "Its unfortunate that we lost him, he was a really good player, but management is putting together a team that has a better chance of contending".

Something along those lines wouldn't have been bad at all.

UK2K
07-19-2014, 02:01 PM
He could have remained diplomatic about the situation rather than completely trashing all of Parson's contributions. Without Parsons, the blazers probably beat the rockets more easily.

He could have said "Its unfortunate that we lost him, he was a really good player, but management is putting together a team that has a better chance of contending".

Go back a page. Parsons didn't play any better than Harden in that series, and Batum upped his scoring average for the series over the regular season by nearly 4 points per game.

Parsons was doo doo in that series.

Everyone was doo doo except Dwight.

StephHamann
07-19-2014, 02:02 PM

dwight howard should be more diplomatic? a guy that tweets free palestine and tweets to a 16 year old girl "i trusted you things i would have told nobody else"

:lol

Take Your Lumps
07-19-2014, 02:20 PM

You say "It'll be different not having Chandler on the team but I really believe our other additions will allow us to make a really big impact next year...blah...".

But Dwight is too brain-dead to even phrase his media responses correctly. What kind of an idiot doesn't know how that response would be taken? Jesus.

SCdac
07-19-2014, 02:30 PM

Howard saying the right thing to the press?? Never gonna happen :oldlol:

ace23
07-19-2014, 02:30 PM
lmao ****** love reaching

Milbuck
07-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Go back a page. Parsons didn't play any better than Harden in that series, and Batum upped his scoring average for the series over the regular season by nearly 4 points per game.

Parsons was doo doo in that series.

Everyone was doo doo except Dwight.
This is such bullshit.

1) Parsons was not that bad. The dude put up 19/7/2/1 on 44/36/73 shooting. If that's doo doo, you have extremely unrealistic expectations for being a fan of a team that got wrecked in the 1st round. Did you expect him to put up Lebron-type numbers? And Batum put up 16/6/5/1/1, hardly anything incredible. Parsons isn't supposed to play better than Harden..Parsons was making 900k while Harden had a ****ing max contract :facepalm

2) Even if Parsons sucked hard ass against Portland, which he obviously didn't, it still doesn't justify what Dwight said. People have mentioned it multiple times in this thread..there are much better ways to deal with this situation in the media. "Chandler was a key contributor to our success last year and a great teammate, so losing him was unfortunate. But I really like the direction the front office is headed and I think we've made the moves necessary to be even better this year." It's really not that difficult.

MiseryCityTexas
07-19-2014, 04:50 PM
What are the Rockets gonna do when Ariza gets old flabby and sick? (which is going to happen very soon in the near future)

UK2K
07-19-2014, 05:25 PM
This is such bullshit.

1) Parsons was not that bad. The dude put up 19/7/2/1 on 44/36/73 shooting. If that's doo doo, you have extremely unrealistic expectations for being a fan of a team that got wrecked in the 1st round. Did you expect him to put up Lebron-type numbers? And Batum put up 16/6/5/1/1, hardly anything incredible. Parsons isn't supposed to play better than Harden..Parsons was making 900k while Harden had a ****ing max contract :facepalm

2) Even if Parsons sucked hard ass against Portland, which he obviously didn't, it still doesn't justify what Dwight said. People have mentioned it multiple times in this thread..there are much better ways to deal with this situation in the media. "Chandler was a key contributor to our success last year and a great teammate, so losing him was unfortunate. But I really like the direction the front office is headed and I think we've made the moves necessary to be even better this year." It's really not that difficult.
1) Parsons played 40 minutes per game. His per 36 averages are on the last page, and they are doo doo. And you bring up salaries but Parsons now makes more than Harden. Cool. 17/6/2 on 44% shooting is doo doo, but yet he's now making more than Harden.

2) Chandler is good, he's better than Ariza, but Houston needs a 3andD guy and that's not Parsons. Parsons did suck ass against Portland. So did Harden. So did everyone not named Dwight.

Milbuck
07-19-2014, 05:38 PM
1) Parsons played 40 minutes per game. His per 36 averages are on the last page, and they are doo doo. And you bring up salaries but Parsons now makes more than Harden. Cool.

2) Chandler is good, he's better than Ariza, but Houston needs a 3andD guy and that's not Parsons.
1) Who gives a shit about per 36? He played 40 minutes because Houston needed him to play 40 minutes. Judge him based on what he did, not what you need to push your agenda. And even if we do go by per 36..he still put up 17/6/2/1 per 36 min. There just isn't a way for you paint this as a negative against Parsons. And we're discussing his performance in the playoffs last year, in which he earned a fraction of what Harden got.

2) Ariza is notorious for being a contract year performer. And he's 29 years old, meaning he's not getting better and will most likely regress in the second half of his contract. While Parsons is only 25 and reasonably has 4 years to improve, a span during which he could become an all-star caliber player. He's already putting up 17/6/4/1/1 in the regular season, he could reasonably put up 20-22 ppg sometime in the next 5 years. Which is critical if you want any chance of succeeding in the West..relying on James Harden and Dwight Howard exclusively as your offensive weapons is a recipe for consistent disappointments, and now that's your reality. You just lost your legit 3rd option of the future for an overhyped role player.

And let's not forget you guys lost Asik and Lin too. No matter how much you guys hate the latter and use him as a scapegoat for all your problems, losing both of those guys along with CP is going to kill you more than you're willing to admit.

juju151111
07-19-2014, 06:00 PM
1) Parsons played 40 minutes per game. His per 36 averages are on the last page, and they are doo doo. And you bring up salaries but Parsons now makes more than Harden. Cool. 17/6/2 on 44% shooting is doo doo, but yet he's now making more than Harden.

2) Chandler is good, he's better than Ariza, but Houston needs a 3andD guy and that's not Parsons. Parsons did suck ass against Portland. So did Harden. So did everyone not named Dwight.
What did James harden even do in the playoffs?

Le Shaqtus
07-19-2014, 06:12 PM

Absolutely nothing.

Milbuck
07-19-2014, 06:15 PM
He shot 37%. And that's skewed by his one good game, he was at 34% for the first 5 games of the series. Froze up in crunch time like no other..he looked like he was about to shit himself in fear during the final few minutes of every game.

Oh yeah, and his defense. lol.

juju151111
07-19-2014, 06:17 PM
He shot 37%. And that's skewed by his one good game, he was at 34% for the first 5 games of the series. Froze up in crunch time like no other..he looked like he was about to shit himself in fear during the final few minutes of every game.

Oh yeah, and his defense. lol.
Exactly he basically chucked his way to 26 ppg and he played 0 defense. So exactly how did James harden earn his play over Dirk.

UK2K
07-19-2014, 06:37 PM
1) Who gives a shit about per 36? He played 40 minutes because Houston needed him to play 40 minutes. Judge him based on what he did, not what you need to push your agenda. And even if we do go by per 36..he still put up 17/6/2/1 per 36 min. There just isn't a way for you paint this as a negative against Parsons. And we're discussing his performance in the playoffs last year, in which he earned a fraction of what Harden got.

2) Ariza is notorious for being a contract year performer. And he's 29 years old, meaning he's not getting better and will most likely regress in the second half of his contract. While Parsons is only 25 and reasonably has 4 years to improve, a span during which he could become an all-star caliber player. He's already putting up 17/6/4/1/1 in the regular season, he could reasonably put up 20-22 ppg sometime in the next 5 years. Which is critical if you want any chance of succeeding in the West..relying on James Harden and Dwight Howard exclusively as your offensive weapons is a recipe for consistent disappointments, and now that's your reality. You just lost your legit 3rd option of the future for an overhyped role player.

And let's not forget you guys lost Asik and Lin too. No matter how much you guys hate the latter and use him as a scapegoat for all your problems, losing both of those guys along with CP is going to kill you more than you're willing to admit.
1) You constantly leave out his FG%. Why? And per 36 matters because you can't pout stats when very few players even play 36mpg. He was outplayed by Batum. He disappeared in the second half of every game. Defend him if you want but he was garbage as was every other Rocket player, and they still outscored Portland in the series. But you're trying to argue his pay was a fraction of what Harden got but you wouldn't use the same argument for Beverly over Lin. That's like saying Davis is outperforming his contract when really he's worth much more than his rookie contract.

2) OK fine? I said Parsons was better. He will never average 22ppg. Ariza is a better fit on this Rockets team. Fact. Losing Lin and 'half a season' Asik is rough, but until Ariza was signed Dwight was the only Rockets player to start more than two seasons, and Dwight and Harden were the only ones to be in the league longer than 2 years. They'll all get better. Their end of season record will be similar to what it was last year and if Harden gives half a shit on defense the team will be better. Its not damage control, its the truth. Only ISH thinks they'll be worse and nobody anywhere thinks they should have matched Parsons.

Spurs5Rings2014
07-19-2014, 07:01 PM

he easily outperformed harden against the best team in the league

Yeah, because Harden never killed us or anything in the play offs...

:(

KungFuJoe
07-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Harden is a max contract cancer. Dwight is a sore beta.

Houston is a joke of a franchise.

Basically...business as usual.

Jameerthefear
07-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Harden is a max contract cancer. Dwight is a sore beta.

Houston is a joke of a franchise.

Basically...business as usual.
lin is a shitty point guard

KungFuJoe
07-19-2014, 07:28 PM
lin is a shitty point guard

You're a weird, socially awkward, anime loving pedophile

RRR3
07-19-2014, 07:28 PM
I don't get how Dwight's the best center, i put mgasol/noah/duncan over him. I would say hes the best defensive center but he has no offensive moves. He turns over all day and he bricks free throws. Real talk, I would never ever trade joakim for howard.
So wait, Dwight Howard is the best center because of DEFENSE (your words), but even though he put up 18/12 on 59% in 34 MPG (and 26/14 on 55% in the playoffs), he's somehow worse than Marc Gasol and his stunning 15/7 on 47% (17/8 on 41% in playoffs) and Noah and his sizzling 13/11 on 48% (10/13 on 51% in playoffs)? http://adamsart.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/crazy-smiley-5.gif

kenny817
07-19-2014, 08:03 PM

He didn't say Monta was better

He prefers Monta over Harden

I prefer Noah over Dwight...but he aint better than Dwight

masonanddixon
07-19-2014, 08:18 PM
By the way Dwight Howard sucks now and is only a name. He's had one decent run and it was in the East, and was a 4th option on offense at that. You'll never win shit with him. I'll take a 45 year old retired Dirk over him.

Bandito
07-19-2014, 08:21 PM
You're a weird, socially awkward, anime loving pedophile
He is still right though.

Jameerthefear
07-19-2014, 08:23 PM
He is still right though.
You could have said I wasn't a socially awkward pedophile Bandy...

macpierce
07-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Best Center and Best Shooting Guard in the league?

And couldn't get out of the first round? :roll:

Wow Shaq and Kobe must be gods then

iznogood
07-20-2014, 06:49 AM
I think Hall of Famers are just going to have a tough choice to make when it comes to his career.

I don't think so, he's an olympic champion, 2 time DPOY, 8 time all star, 9 time all NBA and 5 time all NBA defensive team among other things. He'll get in the Hall of Fame with no problems in my opinion.

Derka
07-20-2014, 11:39 AM
He probably should have said "He's the best player in history and our team will suffer tremendously as a result of losing him. Furthermore, Houston will physically explode due to the trauma of losing this hero among of men named Chandler Parsons" because that usually inspires confidence, doesn't it?

russwest0
07-21-2014, 04:44 AM
This is still a stupid ass thing to say for a team that was just a first round exit.

When OKC traded Harden imagine how much backlash Durant would have received if he said some douchey shit like "It won't affect us at all. This is me and Westbrook's team."

He'd look like a clown and a shitty teammate, which Dwight is.

And Harden as well for that matter. There are multiple stories of Harden in OKC coming across as selfish. For example after OKC won game 1 of the 2012 Finals in the locker room following when everyone was celebrating the win, Harden started complaining about his lack of touches.... (sounds like Dwight)

And then in typical Harden fashion played like shit for the rest of the series... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

East_Stone_Ya
07-21-2014, 04:54 AM
we will see how it affects them, somehow I don't think Ariza was good signing for them

Bigsmoke
05-17-2015, 10:00 PM
They got better:applause:

JohnFreeman
05-17-2015, 10:03 PM
RIP Dragic4life

Eric Cartman
05-17-2015, 10:07 PM
Remember how much of a piece of shit Dragic4life was.

Hated that guy.

Smook A.
05-17-2015, 10:08 PM
They got better:applause:
:dancin

navy
05-17-2015, 10:08 PM
This is still a stupid ass thing to say for a team that was just a first round exit.

When OKC traded Harden imagine how much backlash Durant would have received if he said some douchey shit like "It won't affect us at all. This is me and Westbrook's team."

He'd look like a clown and a shitty teammate, which Dwight is.

And Harden as well for that matter. There are multiple stories of Harden in OKC coming across as selfish. For example after OKC won game 1 of the 2012 Finals in the locker room following when everyone was celebrating the win, Harden started complaining about his lack of touches.... (sounds like Dwight)

And then in typical Harden fashion played like shit for the rest of the series... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:biggums:

Spurs5Rings2014
05-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Two shit posters banned.

:applause:

UK2K
05-17-2015, 10:20 PM

#4/5 seed.

54 wins last year.

56 wins this year.

1 game out of 4th/5th place.

Thank you.

UK2K
05-17-2015, 10:22 PM

I was on fire.