PDA

View Full Version : Who's better currently: Pau Gasol or Carlos Boozer

BallsOut
07-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Defense
Neither player can play good man defense or pick n roll defense or protect the rim. Both are still great rebounders.

Offense
Gasol has spent the last two seasons being a jumpshooter under D'Antoni, rarely spending time in the paint. Boozer has always been a decent midrange jumpshooter in his career. Gasol is the better post player and Boozer the better bruiser. Gasol is still a very good passer. Boozer not so much. Both players are top 2 in the league at screaming after layup shot attempts with marginal/no contact

Stats from last season
Gasol: 31.4 min, 17.4 pts, 9.7 rbs, 3.4 asts, 2.4 to, 48% FG, 74% FT
Boozer: 28.2 min, 13.7 pts, 8.3 rbs, 1.6 asts, 2.0 to, 46% FG, 77% FT

Gasol is 34 and has played 14 seasons in the league.
Boozer is 32 and has played 12 seasons in the league.

Salaries
Gasol is being paid a salary of 7 mill
Boozer is being paid a salary of 3 mill

Who's better currently: Pau Gasol or Carlos Boozer?

Batz
07-19-2014, 01:28 AM
A motivated Gasol is someone you want on your team. A motivated Boozer is someone you want to shut the **** up.

SamuraiSWISH
07-19-2014, 01:29 AM
A motivated Gasol is someone you want on your team. A motivated Boozer is someone you want to shut the **** up.
:oldlol:

zoom17
07-19-2014, 01:30 AM
Gasol

BallsOut
07-19-2014, 01:34 AM

:roll:

:applause:

roffie
07-19-2014, 01:36 AM

lmaooo repped

magnax1
07-19-2014, 01:37 AM
Theyre both not productive at all anymore.

Legends66NBA7
07-19-2014, 01:40 AM
It should still be Pau Gasol.

(e)
07-19-2014, 01:56 AM
Boozer is making 16.8 million. The Bulls are just paying majority of that.

That alone should tell you who is better. Chicago is paying Boozer 13 million to play for another team.

Boozer is straight up garbage on the defensive end of the floor, and is pretty one dimensional on the other at this point in his career. He's a good rebounder and a good passing big though, but he sucks so bad on defense. Seriously it's like playing 4 on 5, he's that bad.

Pau isn't really that great either, but at least he's 7 feet tall and will block a shot every now and then. He's way more versatile on the offensive end, and is even a better passer than Boozer is.

Seriously, this isn't a question.

sbw19
07-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Two things you can't teach: length and (seemingly) basketball IQ.

CHi1PriDe
07-19-2014, 02:00 AM
I only like boozer because of his energy he brings off the bench when the theyre in timeout. Boozers more of an hype man but he brings nothing defensively where as pau, he brings some some defense and offense. Pau also has good length and good passing abilities, hell pair up with noah real well :cheers:

moe94
07-19-2014, 02:06 AM

To4
07-19-2014, 02:10 AM
I dunno who is worse defensively overall.. Boozer or Al Jefferson.. hahah

GimmeThat
07-19-2014, 02:38 AM
Boozer has a pretty good release
Gasol can efficiently eat up the shot clock for you without turning the ball over so your team gets to move around and create the right spacing.

Meticode
07-19-2014, 02:40 AM
Carlos Boozer's video before playing with the Bulls... :oldlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbev9OEYf3o

rhowen4
07-19-2014, 02:40 AM
definitely pau lol

BallsOut
07-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Boozer is making 16.8 million. The Bulls are just paying majority of that.

That alone should tell you who is better. Chicago is paying Boozer 13 million to play for another team.

Boozer is straight up garbage on the defensive end of the floor, and is pretty one dimensional on the other at this point in his career. He's a good rebounder and a good passing big though, but he sucks so bad on defense. Seriously it's like playing 4 on 5, he's that bad.

Pau isn't really that great either, but at least he's 7 feet tall and will block a shot every now and then. He's way more versatile on the offensive end, and is even a better passer than Boozer is.

Seriously, this isn't a question.

How come you think Boozer is a good passer? Doesn't he average more turnovers than assists?

qrich
07-19-2014, 05:25 PM
It's Pau, and it isn't even close.

Boozer will give you 12-15 points a night, but allow the opposing big to drop double that amount.

JellyBean
07-19-2014, 05:26 PM
I gotta go with Pau Gasol.

pegasus
07-19-2014, 05:28 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

BallsOut
07-19-2014, 05:35 PM
It's Pau, and it isn't even close.

Boozer will give you 12-15 points a night, but allow the opposing big to drop double that amount.

Pau did the same thing the last 2 seasons. I watch like 90% of the Lakers games bro. Scrubs like the Morris twins were going off on Gasol like he wasn't there.

Anfernee
07-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Pau without question.

Pau is also a smarter player than Boozer and that goes a long way when you're talking about 30+ athletes.

ReturnofJPR
07-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Pau did the same thing the last 2 seasons. I watch like 90% of the Lakers games bro. Scrubs like the Morris twins were going off on Gasol like he wasn't there.

This really is a stupid thread because LA doesn't have any coaching talent and they still don't have a coach now! Chicago has the second best coach in the NBA and the best coach in the Eastern Conference. Thibs masked Boozer's weaknesses on defense and he still sucked horribly. Imagine how bad he will be playing for a lesser coach combined with the fact he will NOT have that defensive player of the year playing right next to him!

Boozer's most influential plays were yelling "and one" and "grab that Jo!!"

robert de niro
07-19-2014, 06:01 PM

BallsOut
07-19-2014, 06:12 PM
This really is a stupid thread because LA doesn't have any coaching talent and they still don't have a coach now! Chicago has the second best coach in the NBA and the best coach in the Eastern Conference. Thibs masked Boozer's weaknesses on defense and he still sucked horribly. Imagine how bad he will be playing for a lesser coach combined with the fact he will NOT have that defensive player of the year playing right next to him!

I think you'll be in for a surprise then. Two can play that game. Gasol's defensive inefficiencies were masked by Dwight Howard a few seasons ago. He also didn't play well alongside him. It's easy to blame it on the coach.

If you hate Boozer's yelling, you'll sure love Gasol's yelling. They both do that shit on any contact.

ReturnofJPR
07-19-2014, 06:17 PM
I think you'll be in for a surprise then. Two can play that game. Gasol's defensive inefficiencies were masked by Dwight Howard a few seasons ago. He also didn't play well alongside him. It's easy to blame it on the coach.

If you hate Boozer's yelling, you'll sure love Gasol's yelling. They both do that shit on any contact.

Just admit you are a butt hurt Laker fan making stupid threads and everything will be alright.

We are not talking years ago...we are talking about last season. And no kind of fairytale that you create will make up for the fact that the Lakers are totally outclassed when it comes to the Chicago Bulls' coaching.

Besides, Noah >>> Dwight

BallsOut
07-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Just admit you are a butt hurt Laker fan making stupid threads and everything will be alright.

We are not talking years ago...we are talking about last season. And no kind of fairytale that you create will make up for the fact that the Lakers are totally outclassed when it comes to the Chicago Bulls' coaching.

Let's talk about last season. The Morris twins in Phoenix dropped 30 points on Gasol. Even their rookie Center beasted on him. Let's see who else? Oh Drummond and Monroe crapped on him. Virtually any big, all star or scrub has career nights against the Lakers and Gasol couldn't do shit about it.

Besides, Noah >>> Dwight

I dislike Dwight as much as anyone but claiming Noah is better? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ReturnofJPR
07-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Let's talk about last season. The Morris twins in Phoenix dropped 30 points on Gasol. Even their rookie Center beasted on him. Let's see who else? Oh Drummond and Monroe crapped on him. Virtually any big, all star or scrub has career nights against the Lakers and Gasol couldn't do shit about it.

I dislike Dwight as much as anyone but claiming Noah is better? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

People like you shouldn't have the right to make kids, I mean start threads.

All NBA 1st Team:

Chris Paul
James Harden
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Joakim Noah

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

Joakim Noah

Where's Dwight? :pimp:

BallsOut
07-19-2014, 06:42 PM
People like you shouldn't have the right to make kids

:eek: karma is a bitch

ReturnofJPR
07-19-2014, 06:57 PM
That hinges on you creating foolish/pointless threads where your questions are devoid of true reasoning. what's your real intent?

And I noticed you didn't answer my question because Noah is the best center in NBA.

Thanks for playing. :cheers:

RRR3
07-19-2014, 07:00 PM
People like you shouldn't have the right to make kids, I mean start threads.

All NBA 1st Team:

Chris Paul
James Harden
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Joakim Noah

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

Joakim Noah

Where's Dwight? :pimp:
That was a horrible selection and you know it. Dwight put up 18.3/12.2 on 59.1% in only 33.7 MPG during the regular season, and then was the only Rocket who really showed up against the Blazers (he put up 26.0/13.7 on 54.7% in that series).

ReturnofJPR
07-19-2014, 07:08 PM
That was a horrible selection and you know it. Dwight put up 18.3/12.2 on 59.1% in only 33.7 MPG during the regular season, and then was the only Rocket who really showed up against the Blazers (he put up 26.0/13.7 on 54.7% in that series).

Nice opinion...I will stick to the facts.

http://en.africatopsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/2013-2014-All-NBA-First-Team.jpg

BallsOut
07-19-2014, 07:10 PM

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/922/533/613e15a031e5e02f3de63cb196aff71c_crop_north.jpg?w= 630&h=420&q=75

It's funny how you disregard the numbers that each player put up. Which are facts.

But regard the All-NBA team as an accomplishment when those are voted by the subjective members of the media :oldlol:

No one on here is ranking Noah ahead of Dwight in their Center list except biased Bulls homers like yourself.

RRR3
07-19-2014, 07:15 PM

http://en.africatopsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/2013-2014-All-NBA-First-Team.jpg
Statistics are facts, you fool. :oldlol: @ using all-NBA teams. Marc Gasol 2nd best center in the league last year, am I right? Tyson Chandler, 3rd best center in the league 2 years ago? Shawn Marion>KG in 2004-05 (KG didn't even make an All-NBA team despite putting up 22/14/6/2/1 on 50/24/81