PDA

View Full Version : East looking strong...

Lebronxrings
07-19-2014, 11:40 AM
We have the cavs, bulls, pacers, raptors, wizards, nets, hawks, pistons who are all title contenders. I don't want any of you western conference cawk suckers to complain about the conference disparity. Defense> Fastbreaks

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 11:41 AM
:applause:

DaSeba5
07-19-2014, 11:41 AM
We have the cavs, bulls, pacers, raptors, wizards, nets, hawks, pistons who are all title contenders. I don't want any of you western conference cawk suckers to complain about the conference disparity. Defense> Fastbreaks

:oldlol:

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Heat fans mad they ain't got a mention.

:roll:

Lebronxrings
07-19-2014, 11:43 AM
hey hows your team going bud?

DaSeba5
07-19-2014, 11:44 AM
Heat fans mad they ain't got a mention.

:roll:

Like I care what people think. Those teams aren't title contenders. There's only a handful of teams that are title contenders, and most of them are in the West.

DaSeba5
07-19-2014, 11:45 AM
hey hows your team going bud?

Just fine.

Dragic4Life
Like I care what people think. Those teams aren't title contenders. There's only a handful of teams that are title contenders, and most of them are in the West.
Yup but the title holder will come from the East. Namely the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Deal with it.

Meticode
I don't want to say the East is looking strong, but I think LeBron balanced it out more and it trickled down to other teams.

Beatlezz
07-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Love the animosity between Heat fans and former Heat fans. :applause:

Warfan
07-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Are there even any real title contenders in the East?? I mean the Bulls if Rose can get back to playing at a high level. Im still doubtful of the Cavs and doubt they'll be an elite team next year.

The East is more balanced now, but that doesn't mean that there are any great teams in the conference

DaSeba5
07-19-2014, 11:48 AM

:lol

T_L_P
07-19-2014, 11:49 AM
The fact that the Wizards are ECF contenders shows just how weak the East actually is.

8 of the top 10 teams in the league are in the West. :oldlol:

And LeBron has a losing record against Western teams. Shows just how powerful the conference really is.

DaSeba5
07-19-2014, 11:49 AM
Are there even any real title contenders in the East?? I mean the Bulls if Rose can get back to playing at a high level. Im still doubtful of the Cavs and doubt they'll be an elite team next year.

The East is more balanced now, but that doesn't mean that there are any great teams in the conference

My point exactly.

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 11:50 AM
The fact that the Wizards are ECF contenders shows just how weak the East actually is.

And LeBron has a losing record against Western teams. Shows just how powerful the conference really is.
Are you kidding me? The new look Wizards could and would be a top 5 seed in the West. Both sides are balanced now.

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 11:50 AM
My point exactly.
Salty Heat fan now claiming West has always been stronger. Last season singing a different tune. :facepalm :banghead:

DaSeba5
07-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Salty Heat fan now claiming West has always been stronger. Last season singing a different tune. :facepalm :banghead:

What are you talking about? Last season the East was on a whole other level of awful. Outside the Pacers (before they imploded on themselves) and the Heat, it was God awful besides a few good teams with no shot of winning a title. I would have never said the East was stronger last year. The 8th seed Mavs gave the Spurs a better fight than the Eastern conference winner.

Legends66NBA7
07-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Are there even any real title contenders in the East?

Pretty much this.

Let's be real about it, the team at this point in time that has the best chance of being a title favourite coming out of the East is Chicago and that all depends on Derrick Rose and the rest of the Bull staying healthy for the majority of the year.

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Let's be real about it, the team at this point in time that has the best chance of being a title favourite coming out of the East is Chicago and that all depends on Derrick Rose and the rest of the Bull staying healthy for the majority of the year.
Yup let's completely discount the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD and his team.:facepalm

Legends66NBA7
07-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Yup let's completely discount

Yes, that's what were going to do. The best player in the world didn't win a title last year either. He isn't going to win a title with this current roster.

Only LeBron and the veteran signings are ready for war come playoff time. Irving will get exposed and Wiggins is too raw. If they were to get Kevin Love, it could fall into their favour as the clear cut favourite. Other than that, no.

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Yes, that's what were going to do. The best player in the world didn't win a title last year either. He isn't going to win a title with this current roster.

Only LeBron and the veteran signings are ready for war come playoff time. Irving will get exposed and Wiggins is too raw. If they were to get Kevin Love, it could fall into their favour as the clear cut favourite. Other than that, no.
If Love comes then yes he is winning the title.

Warfan
07-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Yup let's completely discount the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD and his team.:facepalm

Don't OKC play in the West??

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Don't OKC play in the West??
I said best in the world, not 2nd best. Besides, Russell Westbrook may not even get pass the Spurs next season.

Lebronxrings
07-19-2014, 12:04 PM
whats pisses me off is all the lebron haters in this forum. If lebron had played in the west, people would complain how garbage it is. Since he plays in the east and is so dominant, people take shots at him by saying the east is trash. GOAT gonna GOAT.

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 12:05 PM
whats pisses me off is all the lebron haters in this forum. If lebron had played in the west, people would complain how garbage it is. Since he plays in the east and is so dominant, people take shots at him by saying the east is trash. GOAT gonna GOAT.
GOAT gonna attract haters.:confusedshrug:

Lebronxrings
07-19-2014, 12:08 PM

current rankings go as follow:
Spurs (League influence)
cavs
spurs (Without league influence)
okc
bulls
clippers
pacers
wizards
raptors
mavs
houston

thats 5 teams that are within the top 10 best teams of today.

Considering the fact the east also plays much tighter, tougher defense, we can conclude East>West

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 12:08 PM
Spurs (League influence)
cavs
okc
bulls
clippers
pacers
wizards
raptors
mavs
houston

Considering the fact the east also plays much tighter, tougher defense, we can conclude East>West
:applause: :applause: :applause:

crisoner
07-19-2014, 12:09 PM
Title contenders???? Lmao

crisoner
07-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Spurs (League influence)
cavs
okc
bulls
clippers
pacers
wizards
raptors
mavs
houston

Smh

Really dude....

I guess the return of annoying Cavs fans come right after LeBron's return.

DMAVS41
07-19-2014, 12:11 PM

Could actually be more.

Totally depends on the health of Chicago and the moves the Cavs make.

East still sucks....it's actually gonna be worse now that Lance is gone and the Heat are broken up. Only scary team is the Bulls if healthy....nobody else in the East has a chance to win the title imo as currently constructed.

crisoner
07-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Could actually be more.

East still sucks....it's actually gonna be worse now that Lance is gone and the Heat are broken up. Only scary team is the Bulls if healthy....nobody else in the East has a chance to win the title imo as currently constructed.

With Lance leaving the East only hopes of a title leaves as well.
Now Cavs get Love that might change.

But until and if that happens it's the Spurs Clips Thunder Mavs and that's about it.

Lebronxrings
07-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Could actually be more.

ignorant comment is ignorant.

You are discarding the hawks who had horford injured for most of the season, the pacers who were no.1 seed, raptors who were on pace for 60 wins after the gay trade, and wizards who almost beat the no.1 seed pacers and have tons of potential.

beastee
07-19-2014, 12:17 PM
It is cool. Let people sleep on the East. It will only be more shocking to them over the next 3 years when the powers switch back to the rightful owners of the league. Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, Raptors are all stocked for the next 3 years, and even though people discredit Heat - they are still gonna make some noise. Pacers are still a threat always with PG and Atlanta is on the rise with a good new system and coach, and very flexible contracts. Give Boston a year or 2 to retool and if NY can ever get their shit together the power WILL shift.

crisoner
07-19-2014, 12:21 PM
It is cool. Let people sleep on the East. It will only be more shocking to them over the next 3 years when the powers switch back to the rightful owners of the league. Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, Raptors are all stocked for the next 3 years, and even though people discredit Heat - they are still gonna make some noise. Pacers are still a threat always with PG and Atlanta is on the rise with a good new system and coach, and very flexible contracts. Give Boston a year or 2 to retool and if NY can ever get their shit together the power WILL shift.

The rightful owners? Lol

It's been more then a decade of ownage by the West over the East.
Get use to it kid it will always be that way.

WTFdidNBAbigsGO
07-19-2014, 12:30 PM

Lol..... You're list sucks di ck. East has:
Bulls
Pacers
Heat
Raptors
Wizards
Hornets
Cavs
Hawks
Nets
NYK

Out of those teams, only 3 are real title contenders; Bulls, Pacers & Cavs. The rest are just good teams who will get into the playoffs, thats it. East is still weak as sh it though in contrast to the West. Your a LeBran fan trying to rationale the shi tty East already. lol.

bukowski81
07-19-2014, 01:31 PM

Out of those teams not one are title contenders. The only ones with potential to be title contenders are Bulls and Cavs.

But is stupid to call a team contender when they havent even played a single game together.

Do you people not learn?? Remember not 5, not 6 not 7.. how did that end??

Crimsonrain777
07-19-2014, 01:40 PM

yeah me too:lol . i never liked those bran stans anyway.especially Silk. do people actually take that dumbass seriously:oldlol:

DMAVS41
07-19-2014, 01:53 PM
ignorant comment is ignorant.

You are discarding the hawks who had horford injured for most of the season, the pacers who were no.1 seed, raptors who were on pace for 60 wins after the gay trade, and wizards who almost beat the no.1 seed pacers and have tons of potential.

LOL...just no.

I'm not even sure there is a team in the East that would make the playoffs in the West this coming year...based on the evidence of last year. It will take 50 wins in the West to make it this year.

It depends on which teams you'd switch out and all that, but honestly.

1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Warriors
5. Rockets
6. Grizzlies
7. Mavs
8. Blazers
9. Suns
10. Nuggets
11. Pelicans
12. Wolves

What teams in the East are winning 50 games while actually playing in the Western conference? Honestly...only a healthy Bulls team is a lock for that. The Cavs would be battling for a playoff spot in the West unless they make moves.

It's absurd how weak the East is right now compared to the West. If Love goes to the Warriors....it will be even more absurd.

Hell, both the Kings and Lakers are hardly pushovers...definitely playoff caliber teams in the East.

At most I see the East having two teams that would make the playoffs in the West.

And we'll never know because I'd argue that playing in the East is probably 5 games or so easier...perhaps more...than playing in the West. More rest, less close games, less teams really giving it their all fighting for playoff spots.

You people still just don't get it. My Mavs would have ****ing made the finals last year in the East. LOL

Lebronxrings
07-19-2014, 02:21 PM
LOL...just no.

I'm not even sure there is a team in the East that would make the playoffs in the West this coming year...based on the evidence of last year. It will take 50 wins in the West to make it this year.

1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Warriors
5. Rockets
6. Grizzlies
7. Mavs
8. Blazers
9. Suns
10. Nuggets
11. Pelicans
12. Wolves

What teams in the East are winning 50 games while actually playing in the Western conference? Honestly...only a healthy Bulls team is a lock for that. The Cavs would be battling for a playoff spot in the West unless they make moves.

It's absurd how weak the East is right now compared to the West. If Love goes to the Warriors....it will be even more absurd.

Hell, both the Kings and Lakers are hardly pushovers...definitely playoff caliber teams in the East.

At most I see the East having two teams that would make the playoffs in the West.

And we'll never know because I'd argue that playing in the East is probably 5 games or so easier...perhaps more...than playing in the West. More rest, less close games, less teams really giving it their all fighting for playoff spots.

You people still just don't get it. My Mavs would have ****ing made the finals last year in the East. LOL

this is dickriding to its finest. Cavs, healthy bulls, indy, raptors and wizards are all better then the majority of this list. Don't try to discredit lebron by saying the east is weak. Getting 4 finals trips in a row is nothing short of amazing.

If the mavs played in the east, they wouldn't get past the second round. Stop fanboying over them. People have really started to overrate the mavs because of them forcing a game 7 against the spurs. I bet you think the mavs are the second best team right? Face it the heat would beat the mavs- 5-6 games at most. Lebron is a top 10 player whether you like it or not, stop blaming the conference on his greatness.

Real14
07-19-2014, 02:24 PM
OP iz a salty bitch.

Magic 32
07-19-2014, 03:10 PM
The east was suppose to be strong last year.

We go through this every year.

2004-06 Pistons
2005-06 Heat
2008-10 Celtics
2011-14 Heat

The only relevant teams since 1998.

AnaheimLakers24
07-19-2014, 03:12 PM
east stays trash. 5 of the teams in op are garbage

DMAVS41
07-19-2014, 03:51 PM
this is dickriding to its finest. Cavs, healthy bulls, indy, raptors and wizards are all better then the majority of this list. Don't try to discredit lebron by saying the east is weak. Getting 4 finals trips in a row is nothing short of amazing.

If the mavs played in the east, they wouldn't get past the second round. Stop fanboying over them. People have really started to overrate the mavs because of them forcing a game 7 against the spurs. I bet you think the mavs are the second best team right? Face it the heat would beat the mavs- 5-6 games at most. Lebron is a top 10 player whether you like it or not, stop blaming the conference on his greatness.

Sorry...no.

Has nothing to do with Lebron. I like Lebron...

Just doesn't mean we have to pretend the East hasn't been a joke conference since 2011. It has.

Again, the Mavs would have at worst made the ECF last year. With a good chance of beating that over-rated as **** Heat team that stopped playing any semblance of defense and had inept play in a lot of areas.

The Heat would have been a 4 or 5 side in the West and wouldn't have gotten out of the 2nd round last year.

Truth.com.

04mzwach
07-19-2014, 03:57 PM
Oh no! How is my Western Conference going to make the playoffs with all of these East title contenders? :cry:

:lol

Legends66NBA7
07-19-2014, 04:03 PM
LOL...just no.

1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clippers
4. Warriors
5. Rockets
6. Grizzlies
7. Mavs
8. Blazers
9. Suns
10. Nuggets
11. Pelicans
12. Wolves

While I do agree with the West being better by an obvious margin...

I think Toronto could match up well and/or beat the bolded teams hypothetically if they were in the West. They just improved overall a lot. They had a winning record against the West and were a John Salmons **** up away from being the only East team to series sweep 7 different Western Conference opponents.

No pending injuries, I can't see why we at least don't challenge 50 wins out West, but that's just me. We've got a Top GM in the NBA and he's certainly not done making roster changes this off season. Last I've read he was after Andray Blatche and Kendall Marshall. A line up potentially off:

Kyle Lowry/Greivis Vasquez/Kendall Marshall*
DeMar DeRozan/Lou Williams/DeAndre Daniels
Terrence Ross/James Johnson/Bruno Caboclo
Amir Johnson/Patrick Patterson/Tyler Hansbrough
Jonas Valanciunas/Andray Blatche*/Chuck Hayes

Common sense would probably have them better in 2-3 years time, but I think they are as good as most teams.

qrich
07-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Man, I wish the Clippers were in the East, easy top seed, unless officials help out a certain story line, ala last years post season.